The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 AM   #951
OrangeRising
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post

A 6′5,” 210-pound junior college transfer, Surrency caught 12 passes for 237 yards and four touchdowns during his lone season at Florida State.

Surrency started twice last season, but was suspended for two games.

He was suspended for the Georgia Tech game for violating team rules. He was also suspended for the Boston College game because of his participation in a fight outside the student union.

Surrency, who had trouble with the law growing up in Miami, was declared ineligible by the NCAA due to playing two seasons of semi-pro indoor football in Florida after attending junior college. He lost a subsequent appeal.

McDaniels is interested in investing in this idiot?

Good heavens. At best, he might catch more than the paltry 12 he managed for Florida State.

At worst, he and Marshall could become a real life 'Law and Order' reality circus.
OrangeRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #952
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

the kiss of death

Seahawks | Houshmandzadeh guarantees playoffs

Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:24:27 -0700

Greg Johns, of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, reports Seattle Seahawks WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh said during an interview with the Sporting News that the team will make the playoffs this season. Houshmandzadeh also predicted Pro Bowl nominations for himself and QB Matt Hasselbeck. "I just want to let everyone know that Matt Hasselbeck and I will be leading the Seahawks to the playoffs this season," Houshmandzadeh said. "And we'll be going to the Pro Bowl as a tandem. We're both going to have top five seasons: He'll have a top five quarterback season, and I'll have a top five receiving season. I'll put up stats I've never had before yards-wise because they're allowing me to be a complete receiver."
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 AM   #953
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
the kiss of death

Seahawks | Houshmandzadeh guarantees playoffs

Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:24:27 -0700

Greg Johns, of the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, reports Seattle Seahawks WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh said during an interview with the Sporting News that the team will make the playoffs this season. Houshmandzadeh also predicted Pro Bowl nominations for himself and QB Matt Hasselbeck. "I just want to let everyone know that Matt Hasselbeck and I will be leading the Seahawks to the playoffs this season," Houshmandzadeh said. "And we'll be going to the Pro Bowl as a tandem. We're both going to have top five seasons: He'll have a top five quarterback season, and I'll have a top five receiving season. I'll put up stats I've never had before yards-wise because they're allowing me to be a complete receiver."
Meanwhile back at dove valley:

Kyle Orton conspires to regrow the neck beard if suckage occurs this year. "it worked in Chicago" Orton was heard to mumble as he got into a limo with 2 bottles of jack and a drag queen with a digital camera.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #954
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Jets defensive end/linebacker Calvin Pace, one of the crown jewels of the team's 2008 class of high-priced free agents, will be sitting out for the first four games of the 2009 season.

Pace has been suspended four games for violating the league's policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #955
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Jets defensive end/linebacker Calvin Pace, one of the crown jewels of the team's 2008 class of high-priced free agents, will be sitting out for the first four games of the 2009 season.

Pace has been suspended four games for violating the league's policy regarding anabolic steroids and related substances.
Time for Gholston to shine?
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #956
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Happy 80th birthday to Al Davis....born on the 4th of July in 1929.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #957
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I know what you are thinking....SSJ always busts out Melissa Midwest and her birthday picture for everyone.

You don't think I would leave Al Davis out....do you?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #958
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 07-04-2009 at 06:02 PM..
Old 07-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #959
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Detroit Lions Hall of Fame offensive lineman Lou Creekmur has died, according to the Detroit Free Press.

Creekmur, who was inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1996 after spearheading the Lions' offensive line on three NFL championship squads between 1950 and 1959, was 82.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #960
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Bears | C. Bailey has high praise for Cutler
Tue, 07 Jul 2009 08:17:01 -0700

Vaughn McClure, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Denver Broncos CB Champ Bailey said during a Chicago radio interview that he believes Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler has the ability to be the NFL's top quarterback. "Well he's definitely in the top 10 as far as what he's done to this point,'' Bailey said. "Now where he can be, he can be the best in the game, he has that ability. The guy is very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff you'd want. He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and he's going to be a great winner for them. It's unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but we've got to move on, we've got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so we've just got to go out and handle business as necessary."

Champ seems to think Cutler is better than Orton as well as a bunch of us on here
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #961
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joel Dresseen

Quote:

Vaughn McClure, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Denver Broncos CB Champ Bailey said during a Chicago radio interview that he believes Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler has the ability to be the NFL's top quarterback. "Well he's definitely in the top 10 as far as what he's done to this point,'' Bailey said. "Now where he can be, he can be the best in the game, he has that ability. The guy is very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff you'd want. He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and he's going to be a great winner for them. It's unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but we've got to move on, we've got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so we've just got to go out and handle business as necessary."

Champ seems to think Cutler is better than Orton as well as a bunch of us on here
Well, he's right.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #962
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Translation: WTF were we doing trading Jay Cutler. The guys we have now are mediocre and we are stuck with them, so lets make the best of it.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #963
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Champ also said Slowick was the best coach he's ever had...grains of salt my friends
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #964
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:
Translation: WTF were we doing trading Jay Cutler. The guys we have now are mediocre and we are stuck with them, so lets make the best of it.
Translated= We are screwed
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #965
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Champ also said Slowick was the best coach he's ever had...grains of salt my friends
Don't kid yourself, Slowich is a really good DB coach, just a horrible DC.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #966
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Don't kid yourself, Slowich is a really good DB coach, just a horrible DC.
I thought the same at one point. Now I find that excuse highly suspect
Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #967
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
And they cut my brother...
Old 07-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #968
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
If you don't see the difference between giving your opinion of your superior and giving your opinion on another player on a different team in the league that recently left your team in a less than stellar manner, when he has nothing to gain by doing so, then I don't know what to tell you.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #969
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
If you don't see the difference between giving your opinion of your superior and giving your opinion on another player on a different team in the league that recently left your team in a less than stellar manner, when he has nothing to gain by doing so, then I don't know what to tell you.
Wrong is wrong, no matter the motivation. Posting the opinon of the all knowing all powerful Champ doesn't make that opinion correct...just like he was wrong about the promotion of Bob Slowik. Giving the standard answer about a coach is not the same thing as stating...

"To tell the truth, I think this is a year too late," Bailey said Wednesday at the Pro Bowl. "Nothing against (Jim) Bates, but Slowik is the right fit for this defense."

Champ is not infallible is the point.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #970
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

He may not be infallible, but he is clearly not wrong here. Do you somehow disagree with the belief that Jay is a better QB than Orton? If you do, then I can state with some degree of certainty that you are the only person on the planet that thinks so.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #971
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
He may not be infallible, but he is clearly not wrong here. Do you somehow disagree with the belief that Jay is a better QB than Orton? If you do, then I can state with some degree of certainty that you are the only person on the planet that thinks so.
I honestly can't comment on Orton, I haven't seen much beyond highlight films, and those are no way to judge a player. Not to mention circumstance is very important. I am more than willing to state that Cutler is not a top QB in this league though. I think he is very physically capable, but far from a top QB. What remains to be seen is whether both his problems and his successes were a result of the team and coaching staff around him. This goes for Orton as well.

I'm on record here stating that I was never a big fan of Cutler, and this was before the trade fiasco. Maybe I won't like Orton either, we'll see.

So essentially I am more than willing to restate my claim. Just because Champ thinks that Cutler is a top 10, 5, or 1 QB in the NFL, that doesn't make it so. Champ has been very wrong in the past.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #972
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
I honestly can't comment on Orton, I haven't seen much beyond highlight films, and those are no way to judge a player.
Well, the guys who knew anything and everything about Orton and literally saw every move he made on the field for a few years decided that Cutler was 2 first rounders and a third rounder better than him. Any sane person would come to the conclusion that Cutler was/is a much better player. If not, then why did Chicago include the draft picks in the trade? It would have been a straight up trade or the Broncos having to give up picks if the opposite were true.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #973
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
"Well he's definitely in the top 10 as far as what he's done to this point,'' Bailey said.
As far as what he's done? What's he done?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #974
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

How about keeping the Cutler love/hate sheet out of this thread please.

SSJ has done a great job keeping this going and I hate to see it get bogged down in another SOB vs Jake vs Jay vs QB TBD argument.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #975
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Well, the guys who knew anything and everything about Orton and literally saw every move he made on the field for a few years decided that Cutler was 2 first rounders and a third rounder better than him. Any sane person would come to the conclusion that Cutler was/is a much better player. If not, then why did Chicago include the draft picks in the trade? It would have been a straight up trade or the Broncos having to give up picks if the opposite were true.
Ummmm...the capacity for misjudgment has no boundaries. Read the Mane a bit and you'll see a lot of people at odds about the perceived atrocious mistakes of our own front office. Look at the Draft busts over the years. Look at the annual Player A is playing over player B, but then it turns out Player B is superior given the opportunity. Coaches, Staffs, Scouts, other Players, and fans misjudge players constantly. Michael Vick got a 100 million dollar contract, and as far as I can tell still hasn't played QB in the NFL. Drew Brees was allowed to walk and is probably a top 3 QB in the league now.

Expensive compensation is not proof of football ability. That is to be determined on the field over the next couple seasons.