The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #901
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Two More Seasons For Ricky?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ons-for-ricky/

Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2009, 4:48 p.m.

It’s hard to believe that ten years have passed since Mike Ditka and Ricky Williams dressed up like the scariest thing ever placed on the top of a wedding cake.

But, yeah, more than a decade has elapsed from the day on which Ditka, then the head coach of the Saints, gave up his entire draft and a first-rounder the next season for Williams, the Texas running back who actually was picked after the Colts took Edgerrin James.

Now 32 and playing younger than that due to a one-year retirement, a four-game suspension, and a one-year suspension, Williams says that he plans to play two more seasons and then to pack it in.

“I want to be one of the guys who can walk away from the game on my own terms,” Williams said, according to the Palm Beach Post (via Rotoworld).

“As far as when the ball is snapped, I don’t feel 32. Maybe after when I get home I feel 32, but on the field I don’t feel it. I think I’m in a good situation where I’m not going to be asked to carry the ball 30 times.”

Williams is due to earn a base salary of $3.4 million in 2009, the last year of his current contract.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:01 PM   #902
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Vick got out of prison today. I started thinking about the unnecessary and sick ways he executed dogs--hanging, drowning, picking them up and slamming them down onto the driveway, etc. Killing them was wrong, but he could have at least done it more humanely. I'm not sick enough to do something like that. I couldn't even do the same thing to Vick himself, but I bet others could. I beginning to realize that if Vick comes back to a public stadium, its a real probability he gets assassinated.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #903
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Report: 49ers’ Walt Harris Tears ACL

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ris-tears-acl/

Posted by Aaron Wilson on May 20, 2009, 3:59 p.m.

San Francisco 49ers veteran cornerback Walt Harris tore his anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee Tuesday and will probably be sidelined for the entire season, according to Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat.

Per the report on Maiocco’s Twitter account, Harris will undergo surgery.

Harris, 34, recorded 54 tackles, one sack and three interceptions last season.

Entering his 14th NFL season, Harris has registered 393 career tackles, 35 interceptions and 85 pass deflections.

Harris has previously played for the Washington Redskins, Indianapolis Colts and the Chicago Bears.

In three seasons with the 49ers, Harris has intercepted 15 passes.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #904
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...o-visit-49ers/

Reacting quickly to veteran cornerback Walt Harris’ season-ending knee injury, the San Francisco 49ers have targeted Dre’ Bly as his potential replacement, according to Matt Maiocco of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat.
Citing a league source, Maiocco reports that Bly is set to sit down with 49ers team officials on Thursday.
Bly played for the Denver Broncos for the past two seasons, but the 32-year-old was cut in February. Bly intercepted a total of seven passes in 2007 and 2008.
A two-time Pro Bowl selection, Bly has registered 40 career interceptions in 10 NFL seasons. A former St. Louis Rams second-round draft pick from the University of North Carolina, Bly has also played for the Detroit Lions.
According to the report, Bly wouldn’t be guaranteed a starting job if he’s signed. He would reportedly have to beat out Shawntae Spencer and Tarell Brown.
Meanwhile, the 49ers announced that Harris will have to undergo surgery after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee on Tuesday.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #905
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Harris out Bly in. I'd say they are about the same quality. Avg number 2, but on the way to below avg.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #906
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Former Broncos cornerback Dre Bly has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.

San Francisco is Bly's fourth team. An 11-year pro, he spent the previous two years with the Broncos. He was a two-time Pro Bowl selection with St. Louis in 2003-04.

Details on Bly's new contract weren't immediately available.

The 32-year-old Bly led the Broncos with five interception in 2007 after a trade brought him to Denver from Detroit.

Since he joined the league in 1999, Bly ranks third in the NFL in interceptions. His 40 interceptions over that span trail only Minnesota's Darren Sharper (54) and the Broncos' Champ Bailey (43).
Old 05-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #907
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Cowboys Are Shopping Greg Ellis

Posted by Mike Florio on May 21, 2009, 9:42 p.m. EDT

The Dallas Cowboys have placed linebacker Greg Ellis on the trading block, according to Calvin Watkins of FanHouse.com.

Ellis, a first-round pick in 1998, is due to earn a base salary of $4.15 million in 2009. He has a cap number of $6.25 million.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:44 PM   #908
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

NFLN, ESPN Chasing Lynch

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...chasing-lynch/

Posted by Mike Florio on May 26, 2009, 9:58 p.m. EDT

With Jon Gruden gone to ESPN after reportedly having a handshake deal in place with NFL Network, we’re hearing that the league’s in-house network has turned its attention to former Bucs and Broncos safety John Lynch.

If hired, Lynch likely would be assigned to NFLN’s Sunday pregame show.

Of course, now that NFLN is chasing Lynch, there’s word that ESPN could be diving into the fray as well.

If so, it’ll be the second straight occasion in which ESPN has opted, in somewhat brazen fashion, to make a move for a guy on whom the league has set its sights.

Maybe ESPN wants to pay $2 billion per year the next time the Monday Night Football rights are put out to bid.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:27 AM   #909
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Former Bronco Brian Clark Making Noise in TB's camp

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...emerges-at-wr/

Quote:
“Now, we aren’t playing tackle yet, and sometimes things change when we do,’’ Mann said. “But the guy that has really caught my eye, the guy that has really looked good to me, is Brian Clark.

“I’m thinking now that we probably should have looked at him a lot more in the past. Maybe that was a coaching error on my part. What I’ve seen of him on the practice field in shorts, he looks like an excellent candidate to play there.’’...
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #910
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikings...PQLanchO7DiUsX

Tarkenton: Favre’s actions ‘despicable’
Old 05-27-2009, 04:27 PM   #911
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ootball-again/

Clarett Wants To Play Football Again
Old 05-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #912
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I want to bang 19 year old girls again....but that ain't happening either.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:38 PM   #913
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I want to bang 19 year old girls again....but that ain't happening either.
me too
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #914
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- Free agent linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa agreed Friday to a one-year contract with the Chicago Bears after leading the St. Louis Rams in tackles four of the past six seasons.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:02 PM   #915
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Ojinnaka accused of fighting with wife
Associated Press

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons offensive lineman Quinn Ojinnaka is free on bond after being accused of fighting with his wife over his Facebook activity, police said Friday.

Ojinnaka, a fourth-year reserve drafted out of Syracuse in the fifth round of 2006, was charged with simple battery, said police spokesman David Schiralli in suburban Gwinnett County.

Police said Ojinnaka's wife confronted him about contact with a female friend on Facebook. Police said he tossed her down some stairs and threw her out of their house in Suwanee late Tuesday.

Ojinnaka, who has started seven of 30 career games, told police his wife began the fight by attempting to stab him with a pen.

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said Friday that coach Mike Smith had talked with Ojinnaka, but the team would have no further comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4216519
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #916
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Gotta love the internets.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #917
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

DETROIT (AP) Jon Jansen’s search for a new team lasted less than a day. Jansen said Friday, the same day the offensive tackle was cut by the Washington Redskins, he will sign a one-year contract with the Detroit Lions if he passes a physical.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #918
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Report: Rams Interested In Vick

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ested-in-vick/

Posted by Aaron Wilson on May 31, 2009, 12:54 p.m.

The St. Louis Rams have emerged as a potential landing spot for suspended quarterback Michael Vick if he’s reinstated, and team officials have been performing their “due diligence,” according to Michael Lombardi of NFP and NFL Network.

Per the report, the Rams have “genuine interest” in Vick, who’s on house arrest in Virginia after serving 18 months in federal prison.

“Several people in the NFL told me not to rule out St. Louis as a possible destination for Vick,” Lombardi writes. “If [NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell] reinstates him, look for them to actively pursue him. It makes sense, a new coach with an older quarterback who hasn’t played well. Playing in a dome on carpet would highlight Vick’s speed and athleticism.”

Of course, the Rams being up for sale complicates Vick’s prospects because new ownership could be opposed to pursuing Vick.

Plus, Vick must show “genuine remorse,” in Goodell’s words, to gain reinstatement to the league.

Lombardi portrays Vick as having his head on straight and ready for a second chance.

“According to people I’ve talked to who are close to him, Vick is in great spirits and looking forward to the future,” Lombardi writes. “I’m told he’s in great ‘non-professional football shape’ and is determined to prove he can regain his superstar status in the NFL.

“He intends to spend more time studying the game, more time preparing to play, more time working on his game. Two years alone with nothing but your thoughts can be a powerful motivational tool.”
Old 06-01-2009, 06:20 AM   #919
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
Ojinnaka accused of fighting with wife
Associated Press

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons offensive lineman Quinn Ojinnaka is free on bond after being accused of fighting with his wife over his Facebook activity, police said Friday.

Ojinnaka, a fourth-year reserve drafted out of Syracuse in the fifth round of 2006, was charged with simple battery, said police spokesman David Schiralli in suburban Gwinnett County.

Police said Ojinnaka's wife confronted him about contact with a female friend on Facebook. Police said he tossed her down some stairs and threw her out of their house in Suwanee late Tuesday.

Ojinnaka, who has started seven of 30 career games, told police his wife began the fight by attempting to stab him with a pen.

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said Friday that coach Mike Smith had talked with Ojinnaka, but the team would have no further comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4216519
He should've just taken it out on the bedpost instead.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 AM   #920
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

After Landing Jansen, Lions Dump George Foster

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...george-foster/

Posted by Mike Florio on June 1, 2009, 12:04 p.m. EDT

The Lions’ decision to sign tackle Jon Jansen promptly after he was cut by the Redskins proves that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

The only problem in the NFL context is that, when reeling in someone else’s garbage can, the team must then must designate someone else as solid waste.

In the Lions’ case, the victim is tackle George Foster, according to Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com.

Foster came to Detroit two years ago in the trade that sent Dre’ Bly to Denver. Foster signed a one-year deal after the 2008 season to stick around.

In 2007, Foster appeared in 15 games, starting nine. His contribution to the 0-16 season was less extensive, playing in four games and starting three.

The six-year veteran becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Maybe he’ll sign with the Redskins.

Per Kowalski, the Lions also cut fullback Jon Bradley.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #921
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Bi-curious George Foster.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #922
dbfan21
Floridian living in KS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
After Landing Jansen, Lions Dump George Foster

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...george-foster/

Posted by Mike Florio on June 1, 2009, 12:04 p.m. EDT

The Lionsí decision to sign tackle Jon Jansen promptly after he was cut by the Redskins proves that one manís trash is another manís treasure.

The only problem in the NFL context is that, when reeling in someone elseís garbage can, the team must then must designate someone else as solid waste.

In the Lionsí case, the victim is tackle George Foster, according to Tom Kowalski of Mlive.com.

Foster came to Detroit two years ago in the trade that sent Dreí Bly to Denver. Foster signed a one-year deal after the 2008 season to stick around.

In 2007, Foster appeared in 15 games, starting nine. His contribution to the 0-16 season was less extensive, playing in four games and starting three.

The six-year veteran becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Maybe heíll sign with the Redskins.

Per Kowalski, the Lions also cut fullback Jon Bradley.
I never cared for Foster. He sucked so bad for Denver...looks like he didn't do much for a pathetic Lions team either!
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #923
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Ralph Wilson Picks Chris Berman For HOF Presentation

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...-presentation/

Posted by Mike Florio on June 4, 2009, 4:27 p.m. EDT

Bills owner Ralph Wilson will be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame later this year.

His presenter won’t be a former player or coach or family member or executive.

His presenter will be Chris Berman.

As in ESPN’s Chris Berman.

“I’ve known him for a long, long time. His kids followed the Bills growing up. We’ve been friends for years and years,” Wilson said, according to Mark Gaughn of the Buffalo News.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #924
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Greg Ellis Picks The Raiders

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...s-the-raiders/

Posted by Mike Florio on June 15, 2009, 11:48 a.m. EDT

Former Cowboys linebacker/defensive end Greg Ellis, whom some linked to the Patriots because: (1) he can play outside linebacker in the 3-4; and (2) he’s over 30, will sign with the Raiders, according to Calvin Watkins of FanHouse.

It’s a three-year deal, and it’ll be signed later today.

Ellis reportedly visited the Raiders on Friday, and he agreed to terms Sunday night.

We thought Ellis might land in Cincinnati, where former Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer now arranges the X’s.

Since the Raiders primarily run a 4-3 defense, Ellis likely will play defensive end exclusively — further greasing the skids of Derrick Burgess’ exit, possibly via trade to the Patriots.

After all, Burgess can play outside linebacker in the 3-4, and he’s over 30.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #925
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Cardinals’ Patrick Suspended

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ick-suspended/

Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 15, 2009, 6:23 p.m.

Arizona Cardinals tight end Ben Patrick has been punished by the NFL under its policy governing banned substances, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.

Per the report, Patrick has been given a four-game suspension for using Adderall, a drug commonly used to stay awake.

“Ben made an innocent mistake in taking the banned substance in question one time,” said agent Kevin Omell, who represents Patrick. “He honestly took it to stay awake on a drive back to Phoenix from Flagstaff one evening during the 2008 NFL season. He’s never been in trouble, is very remorseful about this incident and eager to serve the penalty and move forward with the Cardinals.”

A former seventh-round draft pick from Delaware, Patrick remains eligible to practice during training camp and play in preseason games.