The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2014, 06:17 AM   #7626
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

I hate this kid. Just bust already.

Cam Newton:

“It kind of was a learning curve, especially when you was here, with having coach Chudzinski,” Newton told Hurney, via Black and Blue Review. “He opened the floodgates with material right from the jump. I didn’t like it then because coming from a hand signal philosophy from Auburn, it was kind of force-feeding a kid with carrots. I didn’t want to learn it, and I was always trying to complain about the workload.”

It was too much. ‘Y’all putting in too many plays. We only can run one play!’” Newton recalled saying then. “Me and coach Chudzinski were always butting heads with the workload because I came from a system that was look to the sideline and play — fast. Make plays.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...han-necessary/
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:19 AM   #7627
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

How dare an offensive coordinator open with material!

Good thing that hard-working preparer isn't in town anymore.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #7628
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Top 5 defenseville
Posts: 802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib
Default

I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon, - cam newton

Very un likable IMO, I loved the 2012 game where von hyped him up as being a superstar and himself just being LBer and he just kicked his ass up and down the field all day.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 06:58 AM   #7629
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,393

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #7630
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,393

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
because **** donald trump?
No kidding. Could you imagine the owner's meetings where The Donald doesn't want to talk about football and instead wants to make it all about The Donald? I can't imagine the owners would ever let that turd join their club, no matter how much money he waves at them.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #7631
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mandan
Posts: 4,981

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon, - cam newton

Very un likable IMO, I loved the 2012 game where von hyped him up as being a superstar and himself just being LBer and he just kicked his ass up and down the field all day.
Between the league and his own hyping they are trying to hard. I don't see him having any reach outside of Carolina. Also not a fan of the superman crap.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:02 AM   #7632
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mandan
Posts: 4,981

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
No kidding. Could you imagine the owner's meetings where The Donald doesn't want to talk about football and instead wants to make it all about The Donald? I can't imagine the owners would ever let that turd join their club, no matter how much money he waves at them.
After the USFL crap, no way he gets a team, not even if he doubles the resonable value for the team.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:02 AM   #7633
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,393

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon, - cam newton

Very un likable IMO, I loved the 2012 game where von hyped him up as being a superstar and himself just being LBer and he just kicked his ass up and down the field all day.
Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:10 AM   #7634
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,762

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I hate this kid. Just bust already.

Cam Newton:

It kind of was a learning curve, especially when you was here, with having coach Chudzinski, Newton told Hurney, via Black and Blue Review. He opened the floodgates with material right from the jump. I didnt like it then because coming from a hand signal philosophy from Auburn, it was kind of force-feeding a kid with carrots. I didnt want to learn it, and I was always trying to complain about the workload.

It was too much. Yall putting in too many plays. We only can run one play! Newton recalled saying then. Me and coach Chudzinski were always butting heads with the workload because I came from a system that was look to the sideline and play fast. Make plays.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...han-necessary/
Wow.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #7635
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,288
Default

Chud has been known for that anyway. I like Cam so I knew he was a bit immature when he came out.
He has come a long way to becoming a leader and team captain like he is now.

Not every player is going to be some humble acting "I'm just glad to be here." Opie Taylor.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:52 AM   #7636
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Chud has been known for that anyway. I like Cam so I knew he was a bit immature when he came out.
He has come a long way to becoming a leader and team captain like he is now.

Not every player is going to be some humble acting "I'm just glad to be here." Opie Taylor.
No one is saying that.

You do, however, want your franchise player to have a work ethic. I don't think it's an unreasonable thing to ask in exchange for tens of millions of dollars.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:54 AM   #7637
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

I have always disliked Cam, just a smug a-hole from the looks of it.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #7638
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I have always disliked Cam, just a smug a-hole from the looks of it.
yuuup.....

and the ****'s about to get real this year with virtually no talent at WR this year.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #7639
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I have always disliked Cam, just a smug a-hole from the looks of it.
Dude was fantasy football $ for me his rookie year. Love him.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #7640
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief
 
winstoncup bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NEW YORK CITY, USA
Posts: 5,346
Default

Martellus Bennett fined and suspended.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...ht-kyle-fuller
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #7641
TerrElway
Pro Bowler
 

Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No one is saying that.

You do, however, want your franchise player to have a work ethic. I don't think it's an unreasonable thing to ask in exchange for tens of millions of dollars.
This.

Scam didn't want to have to work. He didn't want any responsibility. He wanted to look at the sideline and have them do all the work. Then he would take all the credit and if things went south, he could blame them.

"Hey, I only run the plays I'm given."

Douche.
TerrElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #7642
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,735

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I have always disliked Cam, just a smug a-hole from the looks of it.
This was my favortie Cam quote. For context, it was at the end of the 2011 season.

"What happens when you take a lion out of the safari and try to take him to your place of residence and make him a house pet? It ain't going to happen. That's the type of person that I am. I'm that lion. The house that I'm in is somewhat of a tarnished house where losing is accepted. But I'm trying to change that, whether I'm going to have to turn that house into a safari, or I'm just going to have to get out of that house. I'm not saying I'm trying to leave this place. I'm just trying to get everybody on my level."
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:53 AM   #7643
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Dude was fantasy football $ for me his rookie year. Love him.
Fantasy is a place where personal feelings mean nothing though, I can still hate a player and have him on my team.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #7644
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,472

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Fantasy is a place where personal feelings mean nothing though, I can still hate a player and have him on my team.
Ray Rice is going to drag your team from the elevator to the championship.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #7645
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
ShiftyEyedWaterboy's Avatar
 
Want some gatorade?

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Littleton
Posts: 950

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna
Default

**** Cam Newton and **** Auburn. **** the entire state of Alabama actually. No offense to any maners from 'bama.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #7646
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,810

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
No kidding. Could you imagine the owner's meetings where The Donald doesn't want to talk about football and instead wants to make it all about The Donald? I can't imagine the owners would ever let that turd join their club, no matter how much money he waves at them.
Donald is the one who basically helped destroy the USFL. He wanted to directly compete with the NFL instead of staying in Spring and we know what happened there.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #7647
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 22,810

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Fantasy is a place where personal feelings mean nothing though, I can still hate a player and have him on my team.

absolutely not. You root for that player to do well. Someone you hate is someone you hope sucks out loud and gets booted from the league.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #7648
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,715

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
absolutely not. You root for that player to do well. Someone you hate is someone you hope sucks out loud and gets booted from the league.
Which is why fantasy football isn't for everyone.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #7649
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 7,853

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrElway View Post
This.

Scam didn't want to have to work. He didn't want any responsibility. He wanted to look at the sideline and have them do all the work. Then he would take all the credit and if things went south, he could blame them.

"Hey, I only run the plays I'm given."

Douche.
He's like the Steve Spurrier coach as a NFL QBs...

Show up late, take a long lunch, go home early, PAY ME!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #7650
mennonite
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
He's like the Steve Spurrier coach as a NFL QBs...

Show up late, take a long lunch, go home early, PAY ME!

Spurrier is much much funnier though.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Denver Broncos