The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #6826
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Sanchize is a FA....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mark-sanchez/
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #6827
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Old 03-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #6828
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Houston signs Ryan Fitzpatrick to a 2-year $7.5M contract, and trades Schaub to the Raiders.

I think this makes it highly unlikely that the Texans trade the #33 overall pick to the Cheatriots for Ryan Mallett (4 career passes), as has been previously speculated (probably by ma-hole fanboys).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:29 PM   #6829
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Houston signs Ryan Fitzpatrick to a 2-year $7.5M contract, and trades Schaub to the Raiders.

I think this makes it highly unlikely that the Texans trade the #33 overall pick to the Cheatriots for Ryan Mallett (4 career passes), as has been previously speculated (probably by ma-hole fanboys).
oh lawdy... Fitzy still getting paid.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #6830
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Buccaneers' Dashon Goldson hires tackling coach

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety has hired a tackling coach to help him adjust to the NFL's new rules and avoid another campaign's worth of hefty league fines, according to Anwar Richardson of Yahoo Sports.

"I said this can't be cool because every time I hit somebody I'm getting a fine," Goldson told Richardson. "At that point, I realized I have to figure something out."

"When a referee comes up to me and says, 'Be careful today,' what do you mean?" Goldson said. "You're going to call me out before the game even started. Am I brought up? Am I talked about?"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...tackling-coach

This is a great idea that a bunch of guys would benefit from IMO
Not really, he is a dumb ass head hunter. It is not that he doesn't know how to tackle. He chose to hit the way he did after repeated warnings and fines.
Why does it take 450+K to get your damn attention?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #6831
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Shows how desperate teams are for QB's.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #6832
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
This also means that Mallett will finish out his rookie contract with the Pats, then likely go somewhere else in FA next offseason.

Thus ending the yearly charade of mass-holes thinking they can rip somebody off of a 1st round draft pick in return for their backup QB.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #6833
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Looking for love in all the wrong places.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:27 PM   #6834
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Woody Johnson confirms Jetsí interest in DeSean Jackson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...esean-jackson/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #6835
Flacko
UDFA

Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Woody Johnson confirms Jetsí interest in DeSean Jackson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...esean-jackson/
D-Jax is a cancer in the locker room, I'm glad Denver isn't interested in a $10.5 Mil WR. Hope his career ends similar to OchoCinco's, what happen to that guy anyway?
Flacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #6836
Bronco
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacko View Post
D-Jax is a cancer in the locker room, I'm glad Denver isn't interested in a $10.5 Mil WR. Hope his career ends similar to OchoCinco's, what happen to that guy anyway?
The last news I heard of him after he got cut in preseason from the phins a few years ago was he beat his wife and got 30 days in jail.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #6837
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...away-implosion

DALLAS - Mark Cuban, the outspoken Dallas Mavericks owner, predicts a drastic decline in the popularity of the NFL over the next decade due to the league's greed.

"I think the NFL is 10 years away from an implosion," Cuban said Sunday evening when his pregame conversation with reporters, which covered a broad range of topics, swayed toward football. "I'm just telling you, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. And they're getting hoggy. Just watch. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:45 PM   #6838
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I don't know if Mark Cuban is 100% accurate in his prediction/statement, but the NFL is getting too greedy in their efforts to squeeze every last dime out of fans for their product. Say what you want about Cuban, but he's business savvy and I enjoy some of takes on things like this and it was nice to see someone call the NFL out on their increasing greed.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #6839
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

I agree with Cuban with the greed and pussification it's going down hill
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #6840
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

It depends on how far the players let it go. What I mean by that is if the union lets the league add on additional days of games or allow them to go to a 18 game schedule then it will water it down so much that the public will eventually tire of it.

Now it will be gradual but 10 years could happen if things get crazy.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #6841
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Cuban is right.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #6842
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I don't know if Mark Cuban is 100% accurate in his prediction/statement, but the NFL is getting too greedy in their efforts to squeeze every last dime out of fans for their product. Say what you want about Cuban, but he's business savvy and I enjoy some of takes on things like this and it was nice to see someone call the NFL out on their increasing greed.
I don't see how greed would destroy it that quickly. I think Goodell changing things like eliminating KR's and moving the PAT and going to 18 game seasons would hurt it more than greed.

I just picked up a book from the Library called "Who Owns the Future" by Jaron Lanier who worked for MS, as well as what became Apple and Google. His thesis is that big data is driving down the middle and lower classes and that those with access to data about their clients/fans will drive DOWN the value of the product. Think about how the music industry was destroyed by the internet, now it looks like movies are next to fall as more people get free access to the product. The NFL is a monopoly and the games are played live so I don't see it getting devalued to the extent of other entertainment outlets.

Sounds more like sour grapes than anything.

Hell my team was just utterly destroyed in the SB and rather than breaking off from the product I am here posting about it and waiting on minor signings and reveling over the major signing that will not have an impact until September.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #6843
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Cuban is right.
Why? Because the ticket prices go up? The SB has been taken from the common man for well over a decade now. Prices rise for tickets to all sporting events and corporations drive up the prices to all the championship games.

Players are making money, the Cap is projected to increase in a big way over the next couple years.

Supply and demand will drive the price point for the tickets and gear. Until we stop going to games or watching them on broadcast TV they will continue to make money hand over fist. It is when live feeds can be streamed for free at a quality and volume better than bittorent can provide that we could see a possible devaluation of the product.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #6844
Flacko
UDFA

Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
The last news I heard of him after he got cut in preseason from the phins a few years ago was he beat his wife and got 30 days in jail.
My guess is the League black balled him.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #6845
Flacko
UDFA

Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Roby

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...away-implosion

DALLAS - Mark Cuban, the outspoken Dallas Mavericks owner, predicts a drastic decline in the popularity of the NFL over the next decade due to the league's greed.

"I think the NFL is 10 years away from an implosion," Cuban said Sunday evening when his pregame conversation with reporters, which covered a broad range of topics, swayed toward football. "I'm just telling you, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. And they're getting hoggy. Just watch. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. When you try to take it too far, people turn the other way.
I understand his point but it isn't going to happen so fast. If it does decline it would be more like boxing, slowly fading out of the spotlight.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #6846
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I don't see how greed would destroy it that quickly. I think Goodell changing things like eliminating KR's and moving the PAT and going to 18 game seasons would hurt it more than greed.
Why do you think they want to go to 18 game seasons?

Greed....more revenue.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:36 PM   #6847
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I don't think the NFL will implode in 10 years, I just think they're getting a little too greedy trying to milk every last dollar they can from all their revenue streams.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:48 PM   #6848
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Why do you think they want to go to 18 game seasons?

Greed....more revenue.
I think Goodel wants to reduce 2 PS games and add 2 to the RS. Sure they will be able to charge more for TV rights, they already force season ticket holders to buy the PS tickets so it is more money but not at an extended price to the season ticket holders.

I think it sucks but wouldn't be like forcing season ticket holders to buy more games and the money added would be fractional compared to something like adding 2 totally new unaccounted for games.

Now extending into markets like Europe/Canada/Mexico would be where they would start to get real greedy and could step on their *****.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:47 AM   #6849
TonyR
Franchise Poster

broncosteven, I think you're missing Cuban's point. He's talking mostly about the increase in NFL broadcasts on days other than Sunday. It used to be that Sunday was NFL football day, which made it special. Then they added a Monday night game. Now they sometimes have 2 games on Monday and 2 on Thursday. What's next? The product just isn't as "special" when it's on multiple times a week. Would Christmas be as much fun if we had it every month?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:47 AM   #6850
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

well Cuban would know about deminishing returns on a product as the NBA has decreased in popularity once the Jordon years were over. That is, I think it's popularity in the mid 1990s was much larger than it now, yet there are still more teams. However, the golden age of the NBA is over (1980s into 1990s) while the golden age of the NFL may be right now.