The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #6651
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Quote from Aaron Rodgers about Seattle's defense:

http://nfl.si.com/2014/02/07/seattle...-bowl-defense/
SEA defense struggle against mobile QB's,
go_broncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #6652
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts hired former Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski to be Chuck Pagano's special assistant on Saturday.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #6653
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts hired former Cleveland Browns head coach Rob Chudzinski to be Chuck Pagano's special assistant on Saturday.
Wow. That's a good hire.
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:20 PM   #6654
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Good deal for Chud too....he's still getting paid like a head coach from the Browns and he'll be going to a winning team that will help make him look good and help rebuild his reputation.

Dude got the shaft from the Browns.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #6655
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I'd like Denver to offer Shanny the same deal and be our run game advisor.
bpc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #6656
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I'd like Denver to offer Shanny the same deal and be our run game advisor.
I'd like Denver to offer Shanny the same deal and be appointed God of both the Broncos and the color orange
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #6657
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
SEA defense struggle against mobile QB's,
BS they freaking own Kaepernick.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #6658
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
that's one of the team that got close to winning against SEA in playoffs..

Luck destroyed SEA..when i said, mobile..you need to move around the pocket and if needed run.

Manning can't do those..that's why we struggled.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:03 PM   #6659
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Kaep is barely a QB. He's a athlete with a big arm but between the ears he's no true QB.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:24 PM   #6660
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Kaep is barely a QB. He's a athlete with a big arm but between the ears he's no true QB.
Yep, he is marginally better at Tebow, when I say that I mean he is better than Tebow at both running and passing. Timmy never had the patience to set his feet then look down field and try to guide the D away from where he wants to run. This is something both Wilson and Choclate Tebow do better. Plus Kap has a better throwing motion but his accuracy isn't top level yet, he could improve, this will be the year though.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #6661
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Also..QB's like Kaep has better chance of winning against SEA defense than pocket QB's.

Luck will have even better chance as he is mobile and also better passing QB than Kaep.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #6662
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Also..QB's like Kaep has better chance of winning against SEA defense than pocket QB's.

Luck will have even better chance as he is mobile and also better passing QB than Kaep.
Well how many teams get a shot to get a QB like Luck? Elway then Luck was the next one to fit that bill. Guess what Luck gives everyteam trouble. Kaep doesn't give you a better shot than a legit pocket QB. Why don't you look up what he has done against Seattle in his career.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #6663
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Manning can't do those..that's why we struggled.
Yeah that is why Denver lost. Never mind the terrible pass blocking, kickoff coverage and the D never forced a punt until the 4th quarter. We all know you hate Manning and wanted him cut last year after about game number 2.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:37 PM   #6664
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yeah that is why Denver lost. Never mind the terrible pass blocking, kickoff coverage and the D never forced a punt until the 4th quarter. We all know you hate Manning and wanted him cut last year after about game number 2.
What he wants is to wake up in the morning with tebow lying next to him. It's what it's about,he's still hurts over tebow being a bust.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #6665
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Kaep isn't all that special. What the 49ers have is a great defense & running game
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #6666
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
What he wants is to wake up in the morning with tebow lying next to him. It's what it's about,he's still hurts over tebow being a bust.
I moved on from Tebow long time back. I was a bronco fan before Tebow.
Just don't believe whatever he says.
He just tries to argue with everything i say..It's like i stole something from him.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #6667
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He just tries to argue with everything i say..It's like i stole something from him.
There definately isn't a shortage of dumb **** you say. From Cut Manning he sucks after game 2 of last year to Why is Moreno our RB I would rather have Hillis. Cut Von now we can win with him. F you FOX! NFL is rigged! F you MCD! F you SHanny! I could go on and on with your drivel.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:22 PM   #6668
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Yep, he is marginally better at Tebow, when I say that I mean he is better than Tebow at both running and passing. Timmy never had the patience to set his feet then look down field and try to guide the D away from where he wants to run. This is something both Wilson and Choclate Tebow do better. Plus Kap has a better throwing motion but his accuracy isn't top level yet, he could improve, this will be the year though.
Tebow's issues were all around, mental, physical, mechanical.
Tim only knew how to play like he did in HS and at Florida. He never got out of that because he did it for so long and had so much success that he fell behind the curve and couldn't reset himself.

Kaep is mostly all mental. He has all the physical tools, the mechanics at times and potential to be very good.
But people severely overrate him. He is not a really good QB but his other abilities allow him to make up for his lack of QB skills.
That's not a bad thing as a whole but when a game is in the balance his flaws show up big time.
Issues with reads, touch passes, getting the offense in gear.
He is a fiery guy and his teammates respect the hell out of him, but he is not the offensive commander he needs to be as a QB.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #6669
extralife
Ring of Famer

people insist Kaepernick sucks because he can't read defenses like Peyton Manning after one season as an NFL starter.

he has the strongest arm in the NFL, he's calm under pressure, he's won more games in the last two years than anyone but Wilson and Peyton, and he's already the second best running QB in the history of the NFL. not good enough. (because he has tattoos)
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #6670
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Tebow's issues were all around, mental, physical, mechanical.
Tim only knew how to play like he did in HS and at Florida. He never got out of that because he did it for so long and had so much success that he fell behind the curve and couldn't reset himself.

Kaep is mostly all mental. He has all the physical tools, the mechanics at times and potential to be very good.
But people severely overrate him. He is not a really good QB but his other abilities allow him to make up for his lack of QB skills.
That's not a bad thing as a whole but when a game is in the balance his flaws show up big time.
Issues with reads, touch passes, getting the offense in gear.
He is a fiery guy and his teammates respect the hell out of him, but he is not the offensive commander he needs to be as a QB.
I agree with this
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:39 PM   #6671
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
people insist Kaepernick sucks because he can't read defenses like Peyton Manning after one season as an NFL starter.

he has the strongest arm in the NFL, he's calm under pressure, he's won more games in the last two years than anyone but Wilson and Peyton, and he's already the second best running QB in the history of the NFL. not good enough. (because he has tattoos)
Umm no, no one is saying he sucks. Everyone is saying he is not a great QB.
He is a one read and scramble QB with no ability to throw touch passes.
He does the same things that Cutler and Favre did that drive you nuts but he makes plays with his feet to make up for it at times.

He is a great athlete, but he is a average QB who can overcome those issues at times with his legs.
No one expects him to be Peyton Manning. But he does have a lot to improve upon and being the starter for 1-2 years is not a legit excuse.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #6672
extralife
Ring of Famer

of course being a one year starter is a legitimate excuse. peyton threw 26 picks his rookie year. no young QB is carving up the entire field. his career interception rate is 1.7. cutler's is double. he can make throws, like the TD in the NFC Championship Game, that no one else in the NFL can make (except maybe Aaron Rodgers).
Old 02-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #6673
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
of course being a one year starter is a legitimate excuse. peyton threw 26 picks his rookie year. no young QB is carving up the entire field. his career interception rate is 1.7. cutler's is double. he can make throws, like the TD in the NFC Championship Game, that no one else in the NFL can make (except maybe Aaron Rodgers).
Throwing picks because you try to make a play is one thing. Actually missing reads on a consistent basis and having to scramble to make up for it is a completely separate issue.

Kaep doesn't process reads well at all. You can see where he normally goes through one read and then starts scrambling or panicking in the pocket.
Rarely do you ever see him stand in there and scan the field.
He throws the ball into tight coverage because he doesn't look anywhere else. Vernon Davis is wide open many times on the field and he instead forces a throw into Crabtree or Boldin unless he pulls it down and runs.

There is a reason Dilfer was all over him about being bad at progressions and reads.
Cutler and Favre did it because they literally think that they can make any throw and will attempt to do so. But both could still do touch passing.
Kaep just slings it and hopes for the best. Which is fine at times when you have his arm.

Now in terms of arm strength I don't know why you keep saying Kaep's arm is so strong. Rodgers,Cutler,Flacco,Stafford,Vick,Big Ben and Cam all have wicked arm strength. It's not as if he is in a class by himself.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:56 PM   #6674
extralife
Ring of Famer

his arm strength is in a class by itself

I never said he was an expert at scanning the field. I said you shouldn't expect him to be. and of course he's going to look to run a lot of the time. his running is a vital part of the SF offense. he's the best in the NFL at it. people like to pretend running is some sort of weakness until they watch someone bust a 60 yard run. the media would just as soon eliminate QB running and stick everyone in the pocket, but Colin Kaepernick doesn't have to listen to the media, he has to listen to his coaches. and I'm pretty sure they're not telling him to make 4 reads before he runs. can he get better at reading the field? of course. but that progress is naturally going to be slower in a guy that has seen his legs win playoff games. and it should be.

guys with his arm strength also take longer to develop progression ability because that's how the position works. you say HOW DO YOU MAKE THAT THROW TO X WHEN Y IS WIDE OPEN!?!!? but that's not how playing quarterback works. if you see X and you think he is open enough for you to complete the pass, then you throw it. you don't get to give yourself a mental "maybe" and then look everywhere else.

and it's not like he's completely incapable of standing in the pocket and throwing. look at the tape from the Atlanta game and the super bowl. look at the regular season game against the Packers this year.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #6675
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
I moved on from Tebow long time back. I was a bronco fan before Tebow.
Just don't believe whatever he says.
You did steal something from him. Time he will never get back from reading some of the absolute garbage you put out.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote