The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #6576
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Vic Lombardi said his sources within the NFL have told him that it is not Gase they're after, but another coordinator who is currently still coaching a team in the playoffs... so take it for what it's worth.
Greg Roman

Penn St is after him too
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #6577
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,831

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Greg Roman

Penn St is after him too
Penn St. just hired Franklin away from Vanderbilt, so that's out.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #6578
mennonite
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Franklin did an amazing job at Vandy.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #6579
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 44,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
McDaniels says he is not interested in the Browns job (Belichick is still pissed about that one). So right now their radar is on Gase.
I almost wanted to see him go home to Ohio and **** up so badly that he ends any hope of every being an HC again. Cleveland would have been the perfect place for him and the above to happen.

It is kind of odd how Belly put his foot down and told him **** or get off the pot. It doesn't seem to be that big of a distraction for the other teams that are allowing guys to interview. I do think Gase did it the right way though, if you want me wait until after the playoffs.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:36 AM   #6580
91BRONCO
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 348

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I almost wanted to see him go home to Ohio and **** up so badly that he ends any hope of every being an HC again. Cleveland would have been the perfect place for him and the above to happen.

It is kind of odd how Belly put his foot down and told him **** or get off the pot. It doesn't seem to be that big of a distraction for the other teams that are allowing guys to interview. I do think Gase did it the right way though, if you want me wait until after the playoffs.
The Browns have been so bad for so long I would have actually felt bad for them if they made this hire.

Looks like there is a bit of controversy surrounding him withdrawing his name from consideration as well...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...om-browns-job/
91BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #6581
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,637
Default

I have zero faith in the Browns making the right hire. It's flat out dysfunctional and Lombardi is the GM.
It is however amazing that they have so much talent on that team.

I like the hire of Gruden by the Redskins.
The real question on his success will be who he gets as his coordinators and his position coaches.
He needs a franchise WR, a new defensive backfield and a stud DC.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #6582
Mile High 81
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bad Salzuflen, Germany
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
It is however amazing that they have so much talent on that team.
One Name : Tom Heckert. He did an good job as GM there. Good at managing the cap (the browns have the most cap of all teams) and some good drafts.

Only his last Draft was bad (T-Rich + Weeden). Besides this i think he has done a good job there.

And it is pretty amazing what the have there.

- the have some good talent on the roster
- most cap room in the nfl
- 6 top 100 Picks/ 3 Top 40 Picks

But I think they have they have one of the worst FO in the nfl. So the will screw this up


Haslem = Owner who has trouble with the law an i think no clue how to ran a franchise
Lombardi& Banner = Absolut Idiots and Ego´s

So i guess mcdummie would fit perfect there...
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:36 PM   #6583
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 23,467
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High 81 View Post
...Tom Heckert...
Speaking of whom, apparently 5 of the 6 players the Broncos have recently signed are former Browns...

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/prim...ncos-part-deux
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #6584
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 17,270

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
tom house is a pretty good instructor...

He was the guy who caught Hank Aaron's 715th HR in the bullpen....he also use to have his pitchers (when was a pitching coach in MLB) throw footballs (he's since changed his training beliefs and doesn't do this anymore) and was given a ringing endorsement by Nolan Ryan for helping him pitch into his 40's
Tom house was one of the first MLB players to use steroids. People that think Roids weren't being used in the 70s are fooling themselves.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #6585
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 22,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High 81 View Post
One Name : Tom Heckert. He did an good job as GM there. Good at managing the cap (the browns have the most cap of all teams) and some good drafts.

Only his last Draft was bad (T-Rich + Weeden). Besides this i think he has done a good job there.

And it is pretty amazing what the have there.

- the have some good talent on the roster
- most cap room in the nfl
- 6 top 100 Picks/ 3 Top 40 Picks

But I think they have they have one of the worst FO in the nfl. So the will screw this up


Haslem = Owner who has trouble with the law an i think no clue how to ran a franchise
Lombardi& Banner = Absolut Idiots and Ego´s

So i guess mcdummie would fit perfect there...
Oh I know Heckert is great at finding talent. He was a good one with the Eagles and also as the Browns GM.
I was giddy as hell when we hired him. I think he will help out immensely in the draft.

But I also find it hilarious that Haslam's mentor as a owner is Robert Kraft.
Considering who he has hired to run the franchise and who was supposedly the #1 candidate as HC. Though we have recently found out that McDaniels was in fact not the front runner.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #6586
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

"So what’s the secret of the Seattle Seahawks?

They cheat.

Not in a Spygate way or with any other secret methods. As explained by Kevin Clark and Jonathan Clegg of the Wall Street Journal, the Seahawks engage in blatant pass interference on a regular basis, accepting that a penalty will be called from time to time but realizing that the officials won’t call it every time.

The Seahawks understand that the officials aren’t inclined to slow the pace of the game to a crawl by throwing flag after flag for interference or defensive holding.

“They look at it and say, ‘We may get called for one but not 10,’” FOX’s Mike Pereira, a former V.P. of officiating, told Clark and Clegg"



http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-interference/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #6587
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 23,467
Default

^ This isn't really much different than what both Indy and, perhaps to a lesser extent, NE did to us. And they will do again if we face them. It's really not "cheating". It's up to the refs to make the calls. No different than trying to get away with holding, picks on crossing routes, etc.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #6588
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Pay that man his money

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"So what’s the secret of the Seattle Seahawks?

They cheat.

Not in a Spygate way or with any other secret methods. As explained by Kevin Clark and Jonathan Clegg of the Wall Street Journal, the Seahawks engage in blatant pass interference on a regular basis, accepting that a penalty will be called from time to time but realizing that the officials won’t call it every time.

The Seahawks understand that the officials aren’t inclined to slow the pace of the game to a crawl by throwing flag after flag for interference or defensive holding.

“They look at it and say, ‘We may get called for one but not 10,’” FOX’s Mike Pereira, a former V.P. of officiating, told Clark and Clegg"



http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-interference/
Yeah, that's Sherman's MO. That and capitalizing on their front 7 from zones. He does very well at both though.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #6589
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ This isn't really much different than what both Indy and, perhaps to a lesser extent, NE did to us. And they will do again if we face them. It's really not "cheating". It's up to the refs to make the calls. No different than trying to get away with holding, picks on crossing routes, etc.
The Broncos don't run illegal pick plays. All their contact is designed to occur within 5 yards of the LOS. In contrast, the Patriots run deliberate pick plays down the field, and like the Seahawks, engage in deliberate PI.

Seahawks are one of the most penalized, NE is the least penalized.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #6590
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Pay that man his money

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
The Broncos don't run illegal pick plays. All their contact is designed to occur within 5 yards of the LOS. In contrast, the Patriots run deliberate pick plays down the field, and like the Seahawks, engage in deliberate PI.

Seahawks are one of the most penalized, NE is the least penalized.
Aint nothing wrong with a little rub
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #6591
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,693

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Aint nothing wrong with a little rub
from Shanahan.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #6592
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 15,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Aint nothing wrong with a little rub
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #6593
Eldorado
2014-2015 OM ATS champion
 
Eldorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,495

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

So, half naked men are ok, but not half naked women?


Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #6594
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Darren Sharper arrested for suspicion of rape

Four years ago, Darren Sharper was approaching the highest of the highs, chasing his first Super Bowl victory. He’s now dealing with the lowest of the lows.

TMZ has reported, and PFT has confirmed, that Sharper faces criminal charges in California for suspicion of rape.

Per TMZ, Sharper is accused of two sexual assaults, one in October 2013 and another in January 2014. He was released on $200,000 bail.

Sharper has been working as an analyst for NFL Network. The league-owned broadcast operation has not responded to an email seeking comment.

Sharper played for the Packers, Vikings, and Saints during his 14-year NFL career.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...icion-of-rape/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #6595
mennonite
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Just looking for a Boston Market.
mennonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #6596
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 28,014
Default



http://alternativehero.com/
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #6597
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 63,073

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
That's a cute kitty.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #6598
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,103

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #6599
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,237
Default

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former Titans HC Mike Munchak has agreed to become Steelers O-line coach, as @McClain_on_NFL reported.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #6600
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Man, Eric berry is a humble dude. If he was a bronco he'd be a favorite no doubt
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:51 AM.


Denver Broncos