The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 PM   #5976
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I doubt it will in the NFL.
I bet they stop testing for it. Lots of players spark it up all throughout the season now, because testing is limited certain time periods.


Alfred Williams said some guys would smell like alcohol during Sunday games. There is no testing for alcohol, I doubt there will be for weed.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #5977
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The Bears are getting some help at defensive tackle.

Jay Ratliff, the four-time Pro Bowler who was released by the Cowboys last month, has agreed to a one-year contract with the Bears, according to Ed Werder of ESPN.

The Bears were one of three teams, along with the Chiefs and the Dolphins, who appeared to have strong interest in Ratliff. The Bengals also made a late run at him after losing defensive tackle Geno Atkins for the season on Thursday night.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ct-with-bears/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #5978
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
This post is spot on. If you don't like the rules get another job. If you think that you are treated like a gladiator and it is going to ruin your body forever then get another job. Playing pro football is a choice and you have to follow the rules whether you like them or not.

no I am responding to the bolded line. If the working force never took on management where would we be today?
Come on Baja your smarter then that. The work force went after companies and orginizations for Child labor, Women. We went against those same people for SAFER WORKING CONDITIONS, Fair pay, Shorter hours etc. Drinking on the job and doing drugs is not conducive to a safe working environment.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #5979
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
This is the reason why i wanted miller to be cut.
better start planning for getting LB in next year draft.
You sound like more of a moron every time you bang this drum. Even if he did fail another drug test, what benefit would you get from cutting him now? Enough with this already
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #5980
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Pretty sure weed is going to be legalized nationwide within 10 years, and in the NFL too.
If our government can figure out how to benefit from this most certainly. Weed/hemp have A LOT of great properties. can be used in construction and cement bases. It can be used as a Bio-fuel, we can slow deforestation, use it Clothing, we can make plastics etc.

A really good documentary on this. I recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKJrgGqx_E

Last edited by Broncos_OTM; 11-02-2013 at 04:48 PM..
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #5981
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Come on Baja your smarter then that. The work force went after companies and orginizations for Child labor, Women. We went against those same people for SAFER WORKING CONDITIONS, Fair pay, Shorter hours etc. Drinking on the job and doing drugs is not conducive to a safe working environment.

I took issue with the attitude of "Thems de rules sos shut up and obey them".

I side with those that question authority and negotiate the best deal they can to improve their situation or standard of living.

When it comes to the marijuana ban by the NFL it is my opinion the objection has been outlived and the ban should be dropped. What good does it do anyway. Banning draws more attention to the issue than a non ban ever would.

Oh and where did I endorse drinking on the job or taking drugs

My take was (and is) the substance ban on marijuana is silly.

Last edited by baja; 11-02-2013 at 05:01 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #5982
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I took issue with the attitude of "Thems de rules sos shut up and obey them".

I side with those that question authority and negotiate the best deal they can to improve their situation or standard of living.

When it comes to the marijuana ban by the NFL it is my opinion the objection has been outlived and the ban should be dropped. What good does it do anyway. Banning draws more attention to the issue than a non ban ever would.

Oh and where did I endorse drinking on the job or taking drugs

My take was (and is) the substance ban on marijuana is silly.
To be honest, I agree for the most part. I personally think its better then drinking. However, the attitude of some that "show me evidence that nothing bad comes from the use of it" is ridiculous. If we could trust people to not use in situations where it shouldn't be. sweet lets all eat a pot brownie. It's just not the case though. And until we can determine if people are high or not at work I am all for it being a banned substance and a employment terminator. Maybe you should be challenging people to be held accountable and trust worthy. Because its the turds that ruined it for you all.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #5983
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 18,241

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
To be honest, I agree for the most part. I personally think its better then drinking. However, the attitude of some that "show me evidence that nothing bad comes from the use of it" is ridiculous. If we could trust people to not use in situations where it shouldn't be. sweet lets all eat a pot brownie. It's just not the case though. And until we can determine if people are high or not at work I am all for it being a banned substance and a employment terminator. Maybe you should be challenging people to be held accountable and trust worthy. Because its the turds that ruined it for you all.
One big reason employers enforce these rules are sue happy "customers/employees" who would love nothing more than to sue a company for negligence because someone got hurt as a result of another being high. Lawyers use no drug testing rules to their advantage. I can see employers wanting people who just stay away from the stuff altogether instead of doing it on their off time.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 11-02-2013 at 05:21 PM..
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #5984
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
"Win from now on" - Elway

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 69,068

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
To be honest, I agree for the most part. I personally think its better then drinking. However, the attitude of some that "show me evidence that nothing bad comes from the use of it" is ridiculous. If we could trust people to not use in situations where it shouldn't be. sweet lets all eat a pot brownie. It's just not the case though. And until we can determine if people are high or not at work I am all for it being a banned substance and a employment terminator. Maybe you should be challenging people to be held accountable and trust worthy. Because its the turds that ruined it for you all.
So why did you say, "Come on baja you are smarter than that".
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #5985
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,978

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
To be honest, I agree for the most part. I personally think its better then drinking. However, the attitude of some that "show me evidence that nothing bad comes from the use of it" is ridiculous. If we could trust people to not use in situations where it shouldn't be. sweet lets all eat a pot brownie. It's just not the case though. And until we can determine if people are high or not at work I am all for it being a banned substance and a employment terminator. Maybe you should be challenging people to be held accountable and trust worthy. Because its the turds that ruined it for you all.
Weed was never made illegal because of dangerous properties. Its due to politics and race, mostly. Check out the history of it, it's interesting. Obviously someone under the influence might not be all there, but considering both alcohol and many prescription drugs (and over the counter drugs come to think of it) can put you in worse shape, it's absurd that it's not legal. As for how the government can benefit from it, tax $$$. Unfortunately the prison industrial complex probably likes it just fine.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #5986
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 18,241

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

I thought this guy was the reason weed became illegal.

Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #5987
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Weed was never made illegal because of dangerous properties. Its due to politics and race, mostly. Check out the history of it, it's interesting. Obviously someone under the influence might not be all there, but considering both alcohol and many prescription drugs (and over the counter drugs come to think of it) can put you in worse shape, it's absurd that it's not legal. As for how the government can benefit from it, tax $$$. Unfortunately the prison industrial complex probably likes it just fine.
Check the link I posted good stuff.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #5988
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
I thought this guy was the reason weed became illegal.

I thought it was black jazz players raping white women
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #5989
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Jeff Tuel will start at quarterback for Sunday's game against the Chiefs.
Tuel struggled mightily filling in for E.J. Manuel in Week 5, so expect the Bills to go run-heavy behind C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson. Thad Lewis (ribs) returned to practice Friday, but is listed as doubtful and not expected to start. Matt Flynn will serve as the No. 2 quarterback this week.


http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #5990
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Jeff Tuel will start at quarterback for Sunday's game against the Chiefs.
Tuel struggled mightily filling in for E.J. Manuel in Week 5, so expect the Bills to go run-heavy behind C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson. Thad Lewis (ribs) returned to practice Friday, but is listed as doubtful and not expected to start. Matt Flynn will serve as the No. 2 quarterback this week.


http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/
What is this crap? I thought this was a thread about smoking pot at work.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #5991
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 24,128
Default

Nick Foles' performance against the Raiders was meaningless because he's not Peyton Manning
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...GomlZ6VguRc.99

Eagles fans are mad that Foles isn't getting the respect PM is getting.

Quote:
The moral of the story here is that if Peyton Manning does something great, sit him down in the nearest recliner and hand-feed him grapes like the ancient Romans used to do. If Nick Foles does something great, figure out where the NFL has failed us.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:11 PM   #5992
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 63,976

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Nick Foles' performance against the Raiders was meaningless because he's not Peyton Manning
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/r...GomlZ6VguRc.99

Eagles fans are mad that Foles isn't getting the respect PM is getting.
It was against the Raiders. Foles gets an *.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #5993
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 16,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
If our government can figure out how to benefit from this most certainly.
tax $$
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #5994
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default


Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #5995
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 8,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
#49ers plan to cut CB Nnamdi Asomugha today, with the expected activation of CB Eric Wright.
Oof.

Good thing his baby mama Kerry Washington has that TV show.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #5996
Smiling Assassin27
Concerned Citizen
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Blimey me hearties

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 14,918

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pirate Giraffe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Nnamdi really fell off a cliff. That what separates the greats like Champ mother ****ing Bailey from the flashes in the pan like Nnamdi, McAlister, Samuel, etc.

I don't understand your point.


Sincerely,

Deltha
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #5997
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,563

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

Broncos + Nnamdi = + Nnamdi
(subtract Nnamdi to balance the equation and you are left with)
Broncos =
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #5998
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,677

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Nnamdi really fell off a cliff. That what separates the greats like Champ mother ****ing Bailey from the flashes in the pan like Nnamdi, McAlister, Samuel, etc.
Yeah. And they all seem to get paid by the niners before they bust.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #5999
DENVERDUI55
Gambling is a SIN^^^^^^
 
DENVERDUI55's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,306

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
ignore him..he doesn't know what he says
Yeah because I am so wrong that you have to follow your employers rules about illegal drug use. Isn't it about time you start a cut one of our best player threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Like Asian sweat shops right?

What happened to the concept of improving working conditions?

What you are talking about amounts to servitude.
Yeah the NFL is like illegal rub and tugs.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #6000
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
What is this crap? I thought this was a thread about smoking pot at work.
It's a internet forum where we discuss things. We inform the ignorant, We blast the government, we talk about football. And we troll the living **** out of one another
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Denver Broncos