The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #5626
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
During that time alot of people thought Hillis was gonna succeed here after 2008 season. It was a position of need but I remember pretty much the entire fanbase thinking the broncos would go defense with that first pick. When it was offense people flipped out.
To be honest we needed help on both sides of the ball, but then again, we had a new head coach who was considered an offensive genius so I wouldn't have been shocked that he drafted an offensive player......meanwhile Fox is considered a defensive minded coach and he drafted Miller.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #5627
Drunken.Broncoholic

Matthews fined only 15,000 for the out of bounds hit. NFL is hilarious. Crooked ass Goodell. He hits Brady or flacco like that the fine is higher.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #5628
Action

The extension for #Raiders FB Marcel Reece? 3-year extension worth more than $13M, I'm told. A whopping $7.2M guaranteed.

From what I can find, #Raiders FB Marcel Reece's deal does have the most guaranteed money at $7.2M for a FB. Vonta Leach next at $6M

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/378661623839203328
Old 09-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #5629
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

In previous years it felt like Denver never had an answer for Marcel Reece. I really like his utility, and I'm happy he got paid!
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #5630
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Running back Vick Ballard will undergo season-ending surgery on a torn ACL in his right knee, coach Chuck Pagano said Friday. Colts owner Jim Irsay tweeted that Ballard has been placed on injured reserve.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #5631
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Does anyone else think that the reason the Jets put Sanchez on revocable IR is because they hope they can trade him at the deadline to a team that loses their starting QB?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #5632
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Does anyone else think that the reason the Jets put Sanchez on revocable IR is because they hope they can trade him at the deadline to a team that loses their starting QB?
I think it might be more that they only have Brady Quinn behind Geno.

Personally I would rather have an injured Dirty Sanchez than Quinn as an option at QB.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:56 PM   #5633
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I think it might be more that they only have Brady Quinn behind Geno.

Personally I would rather have an injured Dirty Sanchez than Quinn as an option at QB.
My personal feeling is that they are all in on Geno right now. No team really plans for their starting QB to get injured. If Sanchez can avoid season ending surgery on the shoulder and come back and play, he won't get the chance in New York and really trading him would be the only way the Jets can walk away from that huge contract they gave him without admitting total defeat. If a guy like Schaub goes down before the trade deadline, there could be a market for a QB who has been to the AFCCG twice and is going to be a free agent.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #5634
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
My personal feeling is that they are all in on Geno right now. No team really plans for their starting QB to get injured. If Sanchez can avoid season ending surgery on the shoulder and come back and play, he won't get the chance in New York and really trading him would be the only way the Jets can walk away from that huge contract they gave him without admitting total defeat. If a guy like Schaub goes down before the trade deadline, there could be a market for a QB who has been to the AFCCG twice and is going to be a free agent.
Sanchez is designated to return Nov 17th. The trade deadline is Oct 29th.

Now if the Jets are in contention, and Geno gets hurt. Sanchez can return and possibly help lead them to the playoffs. Otherwise your choice is Simms/Quinn.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #5635
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Amendola has torn adductors, may have sports hernia

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Amendola has torn adductor muscles in his hip and that he has received conflicting reports from two doctors about the nature of another injury. One doctor says that it is a sports hernia injury that requires surgery while the other one says that Amendola does not have a sports hernia.

Glazer reports that Amendola’s sending the results of tests to more doctors in hopes of settling the issue. If he does have surgery it would be somewhere around three or four weeks before he’d be recovered

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sports-hernia/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #5636
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Seahawks mopping the floor with the Niners.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #5637
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Amendola has torn adductors, may have sports hernia

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Amendola has torn adductor muscles in his hip and that he has received conflicting reports from two doctors about the nature of another injury. One doctor says that it is a sports hernia injury that requires surgery while the other one says that Amendola does not have a sports hernia.

Glazer reports that Amendola’s sending the results of tests to more doctors in hopes of settling the issue. If he does have surgery it would be somewhere around three or four weeks before he’d be recovered

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sports-hernia/
A sports hernia is a big deal. One of Miami's (Canes...not Fins) best defenders had sports hernia surgery in May. He still hasn't been ready to go even now.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #5638
Agamemnon

Kaepernick sucked ass tonight. Wilson kind of struggled as well. Seems like most of these over-hyped young guys from last year are coming back to earth this season.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #5639
Agamemnon

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-another-level

This dip**** is probably going to regret this at some point...
Old 09-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #5640
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Kaepernick sucked ass tonight. Wilson kind of struggled as well. Seems like most of these over-hyped young guys from last year are coming back to earth this season.
They both are terrible even though they threw over 300 & 400 yds. Especially Kaepernick who played the best D in the league and has one of the worst set of weapons at this point in the season.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:18 AM   #5641
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
They both are terrible even though they threw over 300 & 400 yds. Especially Kaepernick who played the best D in the league and has one of the worst set of weapons at this point in the season.
Oh come on. The gimmick is just getting more film on it.

These guys will be mediocre.

They can be carried by a defense, but good luck seeing them win with a weak one.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 AM   #5642
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I didn't say they were terrible. I said they were coming back down to earth. Defenses are adjusting more and more and what was easy for them last year is getting progressively less easy with each game.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:55 AM   #5643
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I didn't say they were terrible. I said they were coming back down to earth. Defenses are adjusting more and more and what was easy for them last year is getting progressively less easy with each game.
Same deal with Cam, McDaniels' game planning, the wildcat.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #5644
Action

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...oudest-stadium

Seahawks fans set Guinness World Record for loudest stadium

Back in July, we first mentioned that the 12th man -- the name Seahawks fans go by -- would use the Week 2 matchup against the 49ers to try to break the Guinness World Record for the loudest stadium in sports history.

It didn't hurt that the Seahawks dominated the 49ers on Sunday night. During a third-quarter goal-line stand, CenturyLink Field reached 136.6 decibels, shattering the previous mark of 131.9 set by ... the 12th man just two quarters earlier.

The Seattle Times confirmed the result with Phil Robertson, a judge from Guinness.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #5645
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
I told you all that I hate sophomore QBs - Luck, Griffin, Wilson, Weeden (okay he also sucked as a rookie) are all playing worse than they did last year. Tannehill is the only one who looks really improved, but then he wasn't very impressive last year so that makes sense.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #5646
Action

NFC teams better hope Seattle doesn't lock up home field.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #5647
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
...Luck, Griffin, Wilson, Weeden (okay he also sucked as a rookie) are all playing worse than they did last year.
I don't know, maybe, but perhaps a little early to say this. Kaepernick was great last week against the Packers. As for RGIII he's just clearly not comfortable playing on that knee yet.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #5648
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Nuts if Tebow passes up the payday for this offer:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ure-tim-tebow/
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #5649
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I told you all that I hate sophomore QBs - Luck, Griffin, Wilson, Weeden (okay he also sucked as a rookie) are all playing worse than they did last year. Tannehill is the only one who looks really improved, but then he wasn't very impressive last year so that makes sense.
Wasn't last year kaepernicks sophomore year? He played great against GB. He sucked last year in Seattle too. And lucks rating is at 96 in 2 games while 76 last year. Completion percentage is at 65%. Much higher than last year. Granted its a 2 game window but you're assuming they are worse with the same games. Ill give you griffin cause he looks worse.. Wilson won on the east coast throwing 300 plus yards(something they didnt do well last year, sucked on the road) and played good enough for a win against the favorite to win the Super Bowl. Weeden doesn't count cause he blows both years. I don't see a slump with 3 of those guys.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #5650
Drunken.Broncoholic

I think they pump in crowd noise in Seattle. Ted Robinson did that game and has done a sold out full capacity Washington Washington st game and the level of noise didnt even come close to Seahawks. Same number of screaming mouths.

Want to know where that mystery whistle on that punt came from? Pumped in crowd noise that accidentally had a whistle blowing in it.