The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #5451
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
A buddy of mine lives in California. He was listening to some analyst on the local radio talking about how Rivers' unorthodox throwing motion caused the arm to fatigue faster than a more traditional throwing motion, and as a result his arm is prematurely shot, not likely to ever be back to top form.

I think he lost his dump off guy. It was LT and then Sproles and it seemed like a third of throws were to those guys and they often would take those catches and get a tone of yards, if not score. When he lost his release valve, Gates got old and beat up and his receivers sucked, Rivers became very pedestrian.

He's not who he was.
I think LT and Sproles were big losses but his regression started when they lost Vincent Jackson.

When Rivers had Jackson he could chuck it up to his back side and he would go up and get it. Jackson was pretty good with TB last year. I saw a couple of their games because they played the AFC West and Jackson is an excellent WR who always seems to be in position.

Without Jackson and his ability to get downfield and make a great jumpball type play, without any legit run game threat and without a dump off option Rivers is a typical avg to below avg QB.

Lastly Rivers has that Cutler type mood, he gets pissed and then tries to throw it into spots where he shouldn't.

One of the biggest things that impressed me about PM is that in the games early last year where they started poorly and were down big PM stayed level headed, this type of attitude kept them in games that should have been blow outs. Even the games they lost vs the Pat's and Atlanta, he ended up making them sweat it out at the end. Rivers checks out of games because of his poor attitude.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #5452
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Man have the Chargers managed to lose some talent over the years. Can't think of another team that has lost more.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #5453
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Man have the Chargers managed to lose some talent over the years. Can't think of another team that has lost more.
The only reason they had "talent" to begin with is from picking top 5 every year in the early 2000's.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #5454
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
One of the biggest things that impressed me about PM is that in the games early last year where they started poorly and were down big PM stayed level headed, this type of attitude kept them in games that should have been blow outs. Even the games they lost vs the Pat's and Atlanta, he ended up making them sweat it out at the end. Rivers checks out of games because of his poor attitude.
Yeah I remember quote from Parcels. I can't remember it exactly but he was talking about evaluating QB's and seeing if they can play at this level. He likes to find out what kind of players he has after 1.) A bad play. 2.) A bad game and 3.) A good game. Staying level-headed is a big part of being a good player.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #5455
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah I remember quote from Parcels. I can't remember it exactly but he was talking about evaluating QB's and seeing if they can play at this level. He likes to find out what kind of players he has after 1.) A bad play. 2.) A bad game and 3.) A good game. Staying level-headed is a big part of being a good player.
Walsh talked about this in "Finding a Winning Edge" I have been meaning to reread his book but I started the Patrick O'Brian Master and Commander series...it will be awhile before I get to anything else.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #5456
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I started the Patrick O'Brian Master and Commander series...it will be awhile before I get to anything else.
how do you like it so far?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #5457
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
how do you like it so far?
I cannot put it down. I heard that there were a lot of nautical terms which kept me away from them for years but so far other than some sail and rigging terms it hasn't been anything big and plus I am learning the names of the sails. I know what a mainsail topgallant is now.

It is also amazing how faithful the movie was to the book. If you liked the movie you will love the book.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #5458
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I cannot put it down. I heard that there were a lot of nautical terms which kept me away from them for years but so far other than some sail and rigging terms it hasn't been anything big and plus I am learning the names of the sails. I know what a mainsail topgallant is now.

It is also amazing how faithful the movie was to the book. If you liked the movie you will love the book.
nice. yeah, the movie is fantastic so I've wondered about the series.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #5459
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Holy **** the Raiders look bad. Bears have a chance to make this 31-0 at the half against the starters. And it has been every bit that lopsided.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #5460
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,179
Default

Kyle Long looks like a player for the Bears.

Cutler needed a nasty OG like that on his line.

Howie Long's splooge is golden, producing Chris Long and Kyle Long.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #5461
Kid A
Ring of Famer
 
Kid A's Avatar
 
I don't need love. I just need wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Kyle Long looks like a player for the Bears.

Cutler needed a nasty OG like that on his line.

Howie Long's splooge is golden, producing Chris Long and Kyle Long.
Plus if Jeffrey becomes a legit #2 target this year, that's a solid offense. They finally have a coach who gives a damn about that side of the ball outside of "uh, Jay just run around and chuck it to Brandon."
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #5462
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,690

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I cannot put it down. I heard that there were a lot of nautical terms which kept me away from them for years but so far other than some sail and rigging terms it hasn't been anything big and plus I am learning the names of the sails. I know what a mainsail topgallant is now.

It is also amazing how faithful the movie was to the book. If you liked the movie you will love the book.
So what are you saying here, that you'd like to topgallant Snow White with your mains'l?
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #5463
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This will be the worst Raider team that we have seen for awhile and there have been some awful ones.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #5464
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,179
Default

Matt Flynn stinks.

Their offensive line is offensive.

The Raiders would be better off starting Terrelle Pryor and letting him make something happen with his legs when the protection breaks down.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #5465
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,956
Default

Can't find it but several were going gaga over Eddie Lacey

Green Bays rookie RBs last night

12 carries -4yards
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #5466
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,179
Default

The Cardinals have lost their first-round pick indefinitely.

Rookie left guard Jonathan Cooper suffered a broken leg in the third quarter of Saturday night’s exhibition loss to San Diego, coach Bruce Arians said, according to multiple reports. Per multiple media outlets, Cooper has a broken fibula.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #5467
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Ex-NFL LB Jamie Winborn has been reported missing in Atlanta.
Winborn, 34, hasn't been seen since Friday, and his wife called police with concerns about his behavior. The 10-year vet has reportedly been battling cancer. Winborn won a Super Bowl with the Bucs, but last played for the Titans.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #5468
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Raiders released KR/WR Josh Cribbs.
Looks like he's done. Knee problems popped up on Cribbs' offseason physicals, and his lack of burst was evident on kickoff returns in preseason games. The Raiders will go with Jacoby Ford as their No. 3 receiver and return specialist.

Bengals released TE Richard Quinn, K/P Quinn Sharp, WR Jheranie Boyd, DT Vaughn Meatoga, CB Terrence Brown, and LB Jordan Campbell.
Quinn is a former Josh McDaniels-Broncos second-round pick out of North Carolina. He's been a complete NFL flop. There are no surprises among this group.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 08-25-2013 at 12:51 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #5469
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

This happened days ago but I haven't seem it anywhere, Broncos traded sealver siliga to Seattle for OG John Moffit


Last edited by Tim; 08-25-2013 at 03:48 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #5470
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Ex-NFL LB Jamie Winborn has been reported missing in Atlanta.
Winborn, 34, hasn't been seen since Friday, and his wife called police with concerns about his behavior. The 10-year vet has reportedly been battling cancer. Winborn won a Super Bowl with the Bucs, but last played for the Titans.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/
That is sad, looks like he is taking the Warren Zevon Cancer method.

I know bad life experiences are bad and hard to deal with but everyone every where healthy or not should enjoy and make the most out of every day. We do not get enough of them.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #5471
KCStud
Ring of Famer
 
KCStud's Avatar
 
AmeriStanzi!

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5,726

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
This will be the worst Raider team that we have seen for awhile and there have been some awful ones.
This is not good. I don't want them getting Clowney.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #5472
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 
You know noothin

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,756

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Aaron curry released by the giants. Huge bust
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #5473
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,179
Default

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...career-ending/

Report: Bills fear Kevin Kolb’s concussion may be career-ending
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #5474
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,965

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...career-ending/

Report: Bills fear Kevin Kolb’s concussion may be career-ending
Wow. The last several posts have been overwhelmingly negative and strangely many Broncos related. Even a Richard Quinn sighting.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #5475
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,682

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Giants coach fights stress; safety Stevie Brown lost for the year - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/Gi....GF0OuOB0.dpuf
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Denver Broncos