The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #4626
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Panthers | Open to trading DeAngelo Williams
Sun, 05 May 2013 10:11:38 -0700

Carolina Panthers general manager David Gettleman did not rule out the possibility of trading RB DeAngelo Williams at some point.

He has no trade value, but I wouldn't mind picking him up if he was cut. Dump Moreno and McGahee and roll with Ball, Williams, and Hillman as our 3 RBs with Hester as the utility back.
Unless M. Ball (why not just call him MoneyBall and start the TC love now?) is a total bust in TC I don't see the need anymore.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #4627
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Unless M. Ball (why not just call him MoneyBall and start the TC love now?) is a total bust in TC I don't see the need anymore.
Um we can unload two broken down RBs.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #4628
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Money Ball will be fine. if nothing else he will score in the red zone.
if Williams gets cut i'd be all over him, but he'll likely go to a team with a clearly defined starting role for him.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #4629
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Money Ball will be fine. if nothing else he will score in the red zone.
if Williams gets cut i'd be all over him, but he'll likely go to a team with a clearly defined starting role for him.
Moreno has blown out his knee twice now on 207 touches. He can't be counted on as a back up. Williams is better then at this point in their careers. There is no team left where Williams would be a clear cut starter, at least in Denver he is with a coach he knows and the primary vet back up on a team that could use him.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #4630
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Moreno has blown out his knee twice now on 207 touches. He can't be counted on as a back up. Williams is better then at this point in their careers. There is no team left where Williams would be a clear cut starter, at least in Denver he is with a coach he knows and the primary vet back up on a team that could use him.
like i said, i'd be all over him like a gold digger on a rich athlete.
but he might hold out for a starting job so he can regain some of his lost revenue from being cut.

but realistically, the Panthers can't afford to cut him. their running game was pure **** without him doing well.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #4631
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
like i said, i'd be all over him like a gold digger on a rich athlete.
but he might hold out for a starting job so he can regain some of his lost revenue from being cut.

but realistically, the Panthers can't afford to cut him. their running game was pure **** without him doing well.
They drafted Kenjon Barner in the 6th and have tons of money tied up in Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Mike Tolbert. Rumors are suggesting that they have been shopping him for over a year now. Seems like he is the odd man out in the eyes of the Panthers FO.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #4632
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Ed Reed has arthroscopic hip surgery. Supposed to be ready for TC.

Steve Spagnuolo signed as defensive assistant with the Ravens.

Tony Sparano signed as OL coach for the Raiders.

Two former HC's, they've fallen a bit. Add in Raheem Morris who I believe is the DB's coach for Washington. Hey, at least JDR is hanging onto his DC position, hasn't fallen as far as those three.

There sure has been a boatload of former HC's lately that have fallen past the Coordinator level.

Rod Marinelli, currently DL coach for the Cowboys. Lovie Smith, not employed at this time. Mike Tice, not employed at this time. Interesting that Marinelli, Lovie, and Tice were just last season the Bears' DC, HC and OC.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #4633
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
They drafted Kenjon Barner in the 6th and have tons of money tied up in Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Mike Tolbert. Rumors are suggesting that they have been shopping him for over a year now. Seems like he is the odd man out in the eyes of the Panthers FO.
i get that, but every back they have signed currently has injury issues. especially Stewart. they can afford to rely on Stewart to stay healthy, Tolbert to carry the load if one of them is out and a rookie to pick it up if someone can't hack it or gets cut.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #4634
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
I wonder how this stem cell treatment will prove out for Moreno. Also, HGH.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #4635
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Williams last resort is getting cut. I don't see anybody trading for him with his salary. I'd easily get rid of McGahee and Ball and bring him into the fold as a back.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #4636
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
i get that, but every back they have signed currently has injury issues. especially Stewart. they can afford to rely on Stewart to stay healthy, Tolbert to carry the load if one of them is out and a rookie to pick it up if someone can't hack it or gets cut.
They wouldn't be shopping Williams if they believed that to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I wonder how this stem cell treatment will prove out for Moreno. Also, HGH.

I hope some other team takes the time to find out. There is zero reason for us to have injuries happen and be forced to rely on him. Pick up Williams or Bradshaw and get someone we can count on in a pinch.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #4637
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
They wouldn't be shopping Williams if they believed that to be true.

the Panthers owner is cheap as ****. he didn't really spend money on that team for years until they re-signed all their own FA's to big deals to entice fans into thinking he had changed.

the mother would cut Cam Newton to save money if he could get away with it and it didn't affect his bottom line.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #4638
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Other teams know what we have in KM so there is no trade value for us, if there was any it might have been there last year. Unless someone desperate calls for KM I am guessing he spends as many games inactive as he does active like last year.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #4639
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Other teams know what we have in KM so there is no trade value for us, if there was any it might have been there last year. Unless someone desperate calls for KM I am guessing he spends as many games inactive as he does active like last year.
Cut him. He isn't worth keeping around period.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #4640
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Cut him. He isn't worth keeping around period.
He gave us a couple good games in relief last year. I hope we don't need it now with a young MONEYBall to tote the rock. Still his contract ends after this season so might as well pay him not to dress and then let him try to get kFc to sign him next year.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #4641
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
He gave us a couple good games in relief last year. I hope we don't need it now with a young MONEYBall to tote the rock. Still his contract ends after this season so might as well pay him not to dress and then let him try to get kFc to sign him next year.
That was before his latest knee problems. I was wrong on the total of touches between knee surgeries. It was only 159 touches and he needed more work to his knee. We can't count on him period. I don't know why you want to keep this turd around when there are better uses of our roster space.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #4642
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
That was before his latest knee problems. I was wrong on the total of touches between knee surgeries. It was only 159 touches and he needed more work to his knee. We can't count on him period. I don't know why you want to keep this turd around when there are better uses of our roster space.
I can't believe that I am defending KM after relentless bashing since his rookie year. I would love to see JJ beat him out of a job but I think the staff knows what he gives them and if he can hang on to a job and sit inactive until needed then fine.

I would not morn the day he was cut believe me!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #4643
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Director of player personnel Matt Russell says the Broncos liked Alabama RB Eddie Lacy, but "backed off" due to concerns about his 2012 toe injury and "how many years he could play."
Lacy was popularly mocked to the Broncos, but they ended up selecting Wisconsin's Montee Ball before the Packers scooped him at No. 61. Viewed as the No. 1 running back for a majority of the pre-draft process, it's clear teams took Lacy's 2012 toe/foot operation much more seriously than draftniks. Regardless, Lacy claims he's now 100 percent healthy, and should be motivated by his draft tumble. He's landed in an excellent spot.

Broncos executive VP John Elway compares Montee Ball's running style to Terrell Davis'.
"Obviously, that got us real excited," Elway said on a conference call with season-ticket holders. Davis, not coincidentally, is who Ball says he modeled his game after. The former MVP and 2,000-yard club member is a good role model for a running back, but the Broncos have to hope Ball's career trajectory takes a different path than Davis', who carried the ball just 312 times after his age-26 season. It's a legitimate concern that Ball's 983 college touches will lead to a short NFL career.

The Broncos are "confident" they'll reach a long-term agreement with unsigned franchise player LT Ryan Clady.
"We want him here," director of player personnel Matt Russell said. Recovering from shoulder surgery, Clady has yet to sign his one-year, $9.828 million tender. The sides have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term pact.

Executive VP John Elway confirms Robert Ayers will be the Broncos' starting right end.
With the Broncos out of the mix for Dwight Freeney and John Abraham, Ayers will slide into Elvis Dumervil's old spot after Shaun Phillips was signed to be a nickel rusher. Ayers should cede snaps to Phillips on passing downs
Old 05-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #4644
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

basically confirms a lot of what we already suspected or semi knew.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #4645
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
basically confirms a lot of what we already suspected or semi knew.
It's a slow week
Old 05-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #4646
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
It's a slow week
oh i'm not complaining. i actually like when things are officially confirmed.
it leads to informed discussion instead of wild speculation.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #4647
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Titus Young - WR - Free Agent

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours last Sunday.
The troubled ex-Lion was busted for drunk driving at 12:01 Sunday morning in Moreno Valley, Cal. He was then arrested again 15 hours later after he was caught trying to steal his impounded Mustang from a tow-company lot. It's the exact kind of confounding, short-sighted behavior that earned Young his walking papers from the Lions less than two years after he was a second-round pick. Young needs to get serious help before his life spirals completely out of control

he is doing work!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #4648
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Before it spirals out of control?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #4649
Drunken.Broncoholic

Seems the new 49er stadium is leaning toward naming it Levi's stadium. Would be sweet if they named it Apple iStadium.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #4650
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Ronde Barber - DB - Buccaneers

Ronde Barber has decided to retire.
"I've had a better run than I ever could've dreamed," Barber told FOX Sports' Jay Glazer. One of the longest tenured players in the NFL, Barber is hanging it up after 16 seasons. A three-time All Pro, Barber helped the Bucs to Super Bowl XXXVII win, and holds the record for most consecutive starts by a defensive back (215). Barber showed well as a safety last season, but would have returned as a reserve after the Bucs added Dashon Goldson and Johnthan Banks. Barber should be enshrined in the Bucs' Ring of Honor, but his Hall-of-Fame candidacy is harder to quantify. He benefited from playing for an all-time great defense during his prime, and wasn't an elite player the second half of his career. If not for his durability and longevity, Barber would be a borderline, at best, candidate for Canton. Those qualities are likely to put him over the top, however.