The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012, 06:09 PM   #3126
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
Isn't that really his problem and not yours?

Dude broke the law, yes, but he technically never really hurt anybody but himself with his actions and he's the guy who lives with that. I get tired of people fussing about how dumb some players are simply because they chose to value things other than football throughout their career.
Would you currently consider him one of the best ever?

Do you think it's feasible that if he hadn't taken that time off the game and had stayed on top of it, he could've been?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #3127
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
The Cleveland Browns have hired former Vikings head coach Brad Childress as their offensive coordinator, a league source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen on Friday.
I've lost track of all the OC/DC changes for this season.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #3128
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Former Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has agreed to become the Indianapolis Colts' new offensive coordinator, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #3129
Paladin
Ring of Famer

He wants Luck?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #3130
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Every year it gets crazier and crazier with the coaching turnover...hard to stay on top of
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #3131
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I can't believe that Terrell Suggs beat out Jared Allen and Jason Pierre-Paul for Defensive Player of the Year.

Jared Allen had 22 sacks and 4 forced fumbles 4 fumble recoveries and an INT.

Terrell Suggs had 14 sacks and 7 forced fumbles (which is impressive) 0 fumble recoveries and 2 INTs.

Jason Pierre-Paul had 16.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles 0 fumble recoveries and 0 INTs, but had 86 tackles.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #3132
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Allen should've won it no doubt
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #3133
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Yep....Jared Allen deserved it this year.

Dude is a beast.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #3134
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

In a surprising move just hours before he was to join his New England teammates in Super Bowl XLVI, Underwood — who recently had the Patriots' logo buzz-cut into retro 1980s-style hairdo — was cut from the roster Saturday and replaced by practice-squad defensive end Alex Silvestro.

Both are Rutgers products.

Published reports said there were no disciplinary reasons behind the move — that it was just a cold, hard football decision by cold, calculating coach Bill Belichick to give the Pats an extra defender for Sunday's game against the New York Giants

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/n...wl-eve-020412/

Pretty sh*tty move, IMO.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #3135
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

If Peyton and Eli Manning had to fight each other, MMA rules, who wins?

This is assuming both are equally healthy.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #3136
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I'd have to give the nod to Peyton, as he seems like the older alpha brother of the two.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #3137
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Baltimore Ravens running back Ricky Williams has decided to retire from the NFL after 11 seasons, he announced Tuesday.

"The NFL has been an amazing page in this chapter of my life," Williams said in a statement released by the University of Texas. "I pray that all successive adventures offer me the same potential for growth, success and most importantly fun. I want to thank all my fans, teammates, coaches and supporters for the strength they've given me to overcome so much."
Old 02-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #3138
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens running back Ricky Williams has decided to retire from the NFL after 11 seasons, he announced Tuesday.

"The NFL has been an amazing page in this chapter of my life," Williams said in a statement released by the University of Texas. "I pray that all successive adventures offer me the same potential for growth, success and most importantly fun. I want to thank all my fans, teammates, coaches and supporters for the strength they've given me to overcome so much."
You're free, dude.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #3139
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Would you currently consider him one of the best ever?

Do you think it's feasible that if he hadn't taken that time off the game and had stayed on top of it, he could've been?
No, I wouldn't consider him one of the best ever. Yes, it's feasible he could have ended his career on a very short list. It's pretty silly to hold something like that against a guy, though, when he made a personal decision to do something else instead.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #3140
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
No, I wouldn't consider him one of the best ever. Yes, it's feasible he could have ended his career on a very short list. It's pretty silly to hold something like that against a guy, though, when he made a personal decision to do something else instead.
I'm also disappointed Barry Sanders walked away when he did.

Both could've been the best ever. But they're not. At least not statistically though Barry definitely has more achievements under his belt.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #3141
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tanford-routt/

Raiders release Stanford Routt
Old 02-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #3142
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Want him
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #3143
Shananahan

No thanks.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #3144
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I'm also disappointed Barry Sanders walked away when he did.

Both could've been the best ever. But they're not. At least not statistically though Barry definitely has more achievements under his belt.
IIRC he did not want to break his friends records..

pretty noble IMO..
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #3145
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
IIRC he did not want to break his friends records..

pretty noble IMO..
I've never heard that justification. I always thought it was issues with Bobby Ross but Wiki says this which I've never heard before either:

Several years after retirement, and repeated refusals to discuss the abruptness of it, Sanders finally admitted that the culture of losing in the Lions' organization was too much to deal with even though he said that he could still play. He explained that it robbed him of his competitive spirit, and he saw no reason to believe things were going to improve. Although Detroit had made the playoffs in five of his ten seasons, including the season prior to his retirement (losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20-10 on the road in a 1998 NFC Wild Card game), Detroit drafted quarterback Charlie Batch in the second round of the 1998 NFL Draft. It became apparent that Batch would become Detroit's full time starter the next season, and Sanders seemed unwilling to embrace yet another change in the Lions' seemingly endless carousel of quarterbacks and offensive philosophies. He had also gone on record to criticize Detroit's front office (most notably Chuck Schmidt) for releasing Pro Bowl center Kevin Glover for salary cap reasons. Glover was an underrated player and close friend of Sanders. He stated there were tears in his eyes as the Lions lost in the playoffs to Tampa Bay in 1998, because he knew in his heart he was never going to play another playoff game for Detroit. "I sobbed for 3 months," Sanders said.[10]
Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #3146
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I've never heard that justification. I always thought it was issues with Bobby Ross but Wiki says this which I've never heard before either:

Several years after retirement, and repeated refusals to discuss the abruptness of it, Sanders finally admitted that the culture of losing in the Lions' organization was too much to deal with even though he said that he could still play. He explained that it robbed him of his competitive spirit, and he saw no reason to believe things were going to improve. Although Detroit had made the playoffs in five of his ten seasons, including the season prior to his retirement (losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 20-10 on the road in a 1998 NFC Wild Card game), Detroit drafted quarterback Charlie Batch in the second round of the 1998 NFL Draft. It became apparent that Batch would become Detroit's full time starter the next season, and Sanders seemed unwilling to embrace yet another change in the Lions' seemingly endless carousel of quarterbacks and offensive philosophies. He had also gone on record to criticize Detroit's front office (most notably Chuck Schmidt) for releasing Pro Bowl center Kevin Glover for salary cap reasons. Glover was an underrated player and close friend of Sanders. He stated there were tears in his eyes as the Lions lost in the playoffs to Tampa Bay in 1998, because he knew in his heart he was never going to play another playoff game for Detroit. "I sobbed for 3 months," Sanders said.[10]

Interesting. At the time he retired he publicly stated he had so much respect for sweetness he felt his record should stand and he did not want to be the one who broke them.

He for the most part was a one man Show and frankly the OL was pretty pathetic. IIRC he is a leader in being tackled for a loss..

So I have to wonder about what wiki is saying. Since anyone can modify that area.

I know that DET was a team I watched whenever I could just to see that kid run. His ability to stop on a dime and go another direction probably cause a lot of sprained ankles on the opposing teams.

But thanks for sharing that I'd never heard that story before.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #3147
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...with-steelers/

Report: Hines Ward won’t be back with Steelers
Old 02-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #3148
Shananahan

Crazy they wouldn't even try to make it work. I remember when Rod Smith stopped playing, thankfully retiring, and I'm sure it's probably pretty similar for Steeler fans. It would have sucked seeing Smith on a different team after all those years.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #3149
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

It would be weird seeing Hines Ward play for another team.

I'm no Steelers fan, but I'd like to see him retire with the team.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #3150
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Hines Ward can't get separation anymore and he doesn't need to get his bell rung again.

Ward can still catch the ball and block, but he gets no separation or explosion now.

Happens to the best of them eventually....Ward will be 36 next month.