The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #4501
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Moreno has blown out his knee twice now on 207 touches. He can't be counted on as a back up. Williams is better then at this point in their careers. There is no team left where Williams would be a clear cut starter, at least in Denver he is with a coach he knows and the primary vet back up on a team that could use him.
Other teams know what we have in KM so there is no trade value for us, if there was any it might have been there last year. Unless someone desperate calls for KM I am guessing he spends as many games inactive as he does active like last year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #4502
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Other teams know what we have in KM so there is no trade value for us, if there was any it might have been there last year. Unless someone desperate calls for KM I am guessing he spends as many games inactive as he does active like last year.
Cut him. He isn't worth keeping around period.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #4503
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Cut him. He isn't worth keeping around period.
He gave us a couple good games in relief last year. I hope we don't need it now with a young MONEYBall to tote the rock. Still his contract ends after this season so might as well pay him not to dress and then let him try to get kFc to sign him next year.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #4504
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
He gave us a couple good games in relief last year. I hope we don't need it now with a young MONEYBall to tote the rock. Still his contract ends after this season so might as well pay him not to dress and then let him try to get kFc to sign him next year.
That was before his latest knee problems. I was wrong on the total of touches between knee surgeries. It was only 159 touches and he needed more work to his knee. We can't count on him period. I don't know why you want to keep this turd around when there are better uses of our roster space.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #4505
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
That was before his latest knee problems. I was wrong on the total of touches between knee surgeries. It was only 159 touches and he needed more work to his knee. We can't count on him period. I don't know why you want to keep this turd around when there are better uses of our roster space.
I can't believe that I am defending KM after relentless bashing since his rookie year. I would love to see JJ beat him out of a job but I think the staff knows what he gives them and if he can hang on to a job and sit inactive until needed then fine.

I would not morn the day he was cut believe me!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #4506
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Director of player personnel Matt Russell says the Broncos liked Alabama RB Eddie Lacy, but "backed off" due to concerns about his 2012 toe injury and "how many years he could play."
Lacy was popularly mocked to the Broncos, but they ended up selecting Wisconsin's Montee Ball before the Packers scooped him at No. 61. Viewed as the No. 1 running back for a majority of the pre-draft process, it's clear teams took Lacy's 2012 toe/foot operation much more seriously than draftniks. Regardless, Lacy claims he's now 100 percent healthy, and should be motivated by his draft tumble. He's landed in an excellent spot.

Broncos executive VP John Elway compares Montee Ball's running style to Terrell Davis'.
"Obviously, that got us real excited," Elway said on a conference call with season-ticket holders. Davis, not coincidentally, is who Ball says he modeled his game after. The former MVP and 2,000-yard club member is a good role model for a running back, but the Broncos have to hope Ball's career trajectory takes a different path than Davis', who carried the ball just 312 times after his age-26 season. It's a legitimate concern that Ball's 983 college touches will lead to a short NFL career.

The Broncos are "confident" they'll reach a long-term agreement with unsigned franchise player LT Ryan Clady.
"We want him here," director of player personnel Matt Russell said. Recovering from shoulder surgery, Clady has yet to sign his one-year, $9.828 million tender. The sides have until July 15 to hammer out a long-term pact.

Executive VP John Elway confirms Robert Ayers will be the Broncos' starting right end.
With the Broncos out of the mix for Dwight Freeney and John Abraham, Ayers will slide into Elvis Dumervil's old spot after Shaun Phillips was signed to be a nickel rusher. Ayers should cede snaps to Phillips on passing downs
Old 05-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #4507
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

basically confirms a lot of what we already suspected or semi knew.
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #4508
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
basically confirms a lot of what we already suspected or semi knew.
It's a slow week
Old 05-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #4509
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
It's a slow week
oh i'm not complaining. i actually like when things are officially confirmed.
it leads to informed discussion instead of wild speculation.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #4510
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Titus Young - WR - Free Agent

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours last Sunday.
The troubled ex-Lion was busted for drunk driving at 12:01 Sunday morning in Moreno Valley, Cal. He was then arrested again 15 hours later after he was caught trying to steal his impounded Mustang from a tow-company lot. It's the exact kind of confounding, short-sighted behavior that earned Young his walking papers from the Lions less than two years after he was a second-round pick. Young needs to get serious help before his life spirals completely out of control

he is doing work!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #4511
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Before it spirals out of control?
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #4512
Drunken.Broncoholic

Seems the new 49er stadium is leaning toward naming it Levi's stadium. Would be sweet if they named it Apple iStadium.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #4513
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Ronde Barber - DB - Buccaneers

Ronde Barber has decided to retire.
"I've had a better run than I ever could've dreamed," Barber told FOX Sports' Jay Glazer. One of the longest tenured players in the NFL, Barber is hanging it up after 16 seasons. A three-time All Pro, Barber helped the Bucs to Super Bowl XXXVII win, and holds the record for most consecutive starts by a defensive back (215). Barber showed well as a safety last season, but would have returned as a reserve after the Bucs added Dashon Goldson and Johnthan Banks. Barber should be enshrined in the Bucs' Ring of Honor, but his Hall-of-Fame candidacy is harder to quantify. He benefited from playing for an all-time great defense during his prime, and wasn't an elite player the second half of his career. If not for his durability and longevity, Barber would be a borderline, at best, candidate for Canton. Those qualities are likely to put him over the top, however.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #4514
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Titus Young - WR - Free Agent

Free agent WR Titus Young was arrested twice in 15 hours last Sunday.
The troubled ex-Lion was busted for drunk driving at 12:01 Sunday morning in Moreno Valley, Cal. He was then arrested again 15 hours later after he was caught trying to steal his impounded Mustang from a tow-company lot. It's the exact kind of confounding, short-sighted behavior that earned Young his walking papers from the Lions less than two years after he was a second-round pick. Young needs to get serious help before his life spirals completely out of control

he is doing work!
this is beyond Flava clown. this fool is straight up stupid.
i don't get some of these guys. you get paid to play a sport you love, you can have anything you want and anyone you want for the most part and you act a damn fool?

some people just shouldn't have money.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #4515
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Former Dallas Cowboys running back Felix Jones signed a one-year deal with the Philadelphia Eagles on Tuesday, the team announced.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #4516
FearLanier

Chiefs signed former Nevada Coach Chris Ault to be a consultant.

He ran the option extremely well at Nevada with Colin Kaepernick and has some other ideas.

This is one of the best offensive coaching staff's in the NFL IMO. Reid at HC, Pederson as OC and Brad Childress and Chris Ault as consultants.

Last edited by FearLanier; 05-14-2013 at 03:38 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #4517
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
This is one of the best offensive coaching staff's in the NFL IMO. Reid at HC, Pederson as OC and Brad Childress and Bob Ault as consultants.
Now if you just had a QB to run it...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #4518
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Now if you just had a QB to run it...
Alex Smith isn't exactly hot garbage. i don't like the Chiefs but i really don't get the Smith hate. he's not a superstar by any means but he's a nice QB.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #4519
lolcopter

Alex Smith is a rich man's Kyle Orton

Last edited by lolcopter; 05-14-2013 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: maybe just slightly above the poverty line
Old 05-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #4520
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Chuck Muncie, a standout running back with the New Orleans Saints and a three-time Pro Bowl selection, died of a heart attack on Monday. He was 60.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #4521
FearLanier

Alex Smith seems to be pretty capable with his feet.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #4522
lolcopter

...on that ONE play
Old 05-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #4523
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Alex Smith isn't exactly hot garbage. i don't like the Chiefs but i really don't get the Smith hate. he's not a superstar by any means but he's a nice QB.
He's not terrible. Good mobility, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But he's not all that good either, and I think Harbaugh makes his QB's look a lot better than they are.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #4524
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He's not terrible. Good mobility, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. But he's not all that good either, and I think Harbaugh makes his QB's look a lot better than they are.
The same can be said about Reid. McNabb & ,Kolb come to mind. McNabb looked pretty damn good until he left Philly. Kolb got a big payday cause of Reid as well.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #4525
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
...on that ONE play
Alex Smith ran a lot in college. He's also been a consistently good running QB in the NFL. Kinda like Aaron Rodgers, not running a lot like RG3 or Newton.