The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #4276
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Sorry I guess a OG was taken 1st overall in 1961. CB hasn't been picked number 1 overall.
The fact is when your picking in the top3 you have to get an impact player. Grabbing a guard or even LT would be a waste with the over all pick.

Not sure there is an impact player this year. I feel even more lucky to get Miller now.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #4277
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
The fact is when your picking in the top3 you have to get an impact player. Grabbing a guard or even LT would be a waste with the over all pick.

Not sure there is an impact player this year. I feel even more lucky to get Miller now.
That is why teams draft busts in the top 5 all the time. Get the a all pro and call it a day.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #4278
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Good moves by the Chiefs.

The smart thing to do now would be to back out of the Alex Smith trade.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #4279
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Has a guard ever gone #1?
Robert Gallery.

(yes, I know he was drafted as a tackle)
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #4280
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
That is why teams draft busts in the top 5 all the time. Get the a all pro and call it a day.
Good point
Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #4281
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Robert Gallery.

(yes, I know he was drafted as a tackle)
lol... and he still sucked.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #4282
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i'd rather have a LT who's an all pro than fail on a Mark Sanchez type.
substance wins championships, not style. a QB is to sell the fans on the future, but if you can't protect that future you end up with David Carr or Tim Couch.

OT's taken in the top 5 or so are generally safe picks who pan out. not all become all pro's but they tend to give you more bang for the buck than the high impact players they tend to glorify in the top 5.
Lestat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #4283
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Haha, Honey Badger is selected!

Wayyyyyy
too early, but a literal prototype nickel cornerback, DB
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #4284
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Wayyyyyy
Deion Sanders salesman of the year
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #4285
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--so...000059874.html

It never really stood a chance.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #4286
FearLanier

Quote:
I admit to being shocked that Bowe stayed. I figured he wanted to go to a winner. I will love watching him continue to be a non-factor and dropping balls in kFc for the rest of his career.

They still need to address Albert, he either has back issues or he doesn't, not sure what it is. I would love to see them grab a DT with the 1st pick just for a laugh. Eventually they might actually find a good one.
Bowe has always been a playmaking WR. He had drop problems up until 2010 when he finally became consistent.

The only time he ever had good QB play in his career he put up 15 TD's. Put him with a top 10 QB like Manning and he'll give you at least 12 TD's and 1,2500 yards.

As for Albert, he passed a physical after the season ended and had nothing wrong with his back.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #4287
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Bowe has always been a playmaking WR. He had drop problems up until 2010 when he finally became consistent.

The only time he ever had good QB play in his career he put up 15 TD's. Put him with a top 10 QB like Manning and he'll give you at least 12 TD's and 1,2500 yards.

As for Albert, he passed a physical after the season ended and had nothing wrong with his back.
12,500 yards? WOW!!
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #4288
Bacchus

Quote:

They did good by signing him. Of course he will be tuurning 29 and he signed a 5 year contract so that could bite them, but they needed to keep him on the team if they have any playoff hopes.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #4289
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:

That was 3 years ago, have you seen his stats since?

NFL Live had a graphic up Monday that said he 15 TD's in 2010, then 5 in 2011 and 3 last year. The entire team had only 8 passing TD's last year.

You guys bought a WR who had one good year when you could have gone out and actually upgraded the position.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #4290
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Wayyyyyy
Quote:
Deion Sanders salesman of the year
Holy crap did I post this in the entirely wrong thread.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #4291
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
That was 3 years ago, have you seen his stats since?

NFL Live had a graphic up Monday that said he 15 TD's in 2010, then 5 in 2011 and 3 last year. The entire team had only 8 passing TD's last year.

You guys bought a WR who had one good year when you could have gone out and actually upgraded the position.
In fairness it's hard for any WR getting good numbers with the type of QBs the chiefs throw onto the field. You can add Alex smith to that list now too. No better example than the emergence of Crabtree after he was benched.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #4292
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
In fairness it's hard for any WR getting good numbers with the type of QBs the chiefs throw onto the field. You can add Alex smith to that list now too. No better example than the emergence of Crabtree after he was benched.
I was waiting for FL or kFcdud to point that out, I was going to point out that Cassell was the QB in 2010.

Brady Quinn has no business being in the NFL, they got worse after he came in, They had a better chance to win with Cassel if he didn't turn it over. I bet Cassel goes somewhere else and is serviceable.

Romeo and his lame staff were the biggest reason that team stunk it up.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #4293
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
that AEG stadium never made sense unless it was another pro team coming with the NHL. just insane costs and no real chance to recoup the investment.

the real question is, if the rumor is true that the NFL is looking at Chavez Ravine for a NFL team and they want the Dodgers to move. how the hell do they expect to pull that off?
Old 03-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #4294
FearLanier

Quote:
I was waiting for FL or kFcdud to point that out, I was going to point out that Cassell was the QB in 2010.

Brady Quinn has no business being in the NFL, they got worse after he came in, They had a better chance to win with Cassel if he didn't turn it over. I bet Cassel goes somewhere else and is serviceable.

Romeo and his lame staff were the biggest reason that team stunk it up.
Yup. The Chiefs had the worst QB situation last year and it wasn't close.

2011 wasn't much better either.

It's incredible that Bowe had 800 receiving yards last year with no other legit WR's and the clowns we had at QB.

Reid and Dorsey make this team so much better. I have no doubt that Pioli would have lost us Albert and Colquitt while tagging Bowe.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #4295
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Larry Fitzgerald is proof that sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are if your QB stinks. dude is a animal and couldn't go into beast mode to save his life last season.
Bowe will do well with Smith. they just need to address the TE(Tony M hasn't been the same since his injury) position and get some OL help.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #4296
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Larry Fitzgerald is proof that sometimes it doesn't matter how good you are if your QB stinks. dude is a animal and couldn't go into beast mode to save his life last season.
Bowe will do well with Smith. they just need to address the TE(Tony M hasn't been the same since his injury) position and get some OL help.
Literally the exact same QB situation got him over 1400 and 8 TDs the year prior.

The playcalling was completely atrocious and there was ZERO effort to get him the ball in space.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #4297
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

It's incredible that Bowe had 800 receiving yards last year with no other legit WR's and the clowns we had at QB.

Reid and Dorsey make this team so much better. I have no doubt that Pioli would have lost us Albert and Colquitt while tagging Bowe.
You do realize that so far, all they have done is trade for a QB that most of the fans hate and resign players from a 2-14 team, right? Smith is the only improvement. Everything else is status quo.
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #4298
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:

Reid and Dorsey made a horrendous blunder in giving up what they did for Alex Smith. However, I think re-signing Bowe and tagging Albert were smart moves but those guys were on the 2-14 team. These aren't new additions to the team to improve it.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #4299
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Literally the exact same QB situation got him over 1400 and 8 TDs the year prior.

The playcalling was completely atrocious and there was ZERO effort to get him the ball in space.
they had like 4-5 starting QB's this season, injuries, suckage and more suckage killed the rhythm. but it was mostly Kolb and Skelton last season(i think Max Hall played in a game or two but he retired).

you had two QB's alone that produced 7 more INT's than TD's this season in Lindley and Skelton.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #4300
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post

Reid and Dorsey made a horrendous blunder in giving up what they did for Alex Smith. However, I think re-signing Bowe and tagging Albert were smart moves but those guys were on the 2-14 team. These aren't new additions to the team to improve it.
I'm thinking they are going to get a QB at some point to replace him after he develops. Unfortunately Alex Smith is the best option for a QB this year.

I think Pioli would have destroyed everything this year. He would have lost all these guys.

I'm interested to see what Reid can do with Smith, though I'm not happy at all with what we're giving up to get him.

Dorsey spoke today and indicated that they have indeed spoken to teams about trading down. Have to wonder if they'll get a quality pick from that trade.