The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #1
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 38,765

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default 2015 College Football Thread

Starting it out early with some general good news: Recently disbanded UAB Football is coming back in 2016. I'm happy for Blazer fans and the city of Birmingham. It's really despicable how Alabama politics gets involved in these things and Bear Bryant's son is such a dickwipe. I'm glad he wasn't able to win the day on this. Looking forward to seeing Coach Bill Clark again take the helm for them. He did a nice job this year.

As a resident of Birmingham, I'm interested to hear Scribe's take on this whole affair. I'm glad anyway to see them get their team back. It was the right thing to do.


I wish we'd get our team back, too.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Starting it out early with some general good news: Recently disbanded UAB Football is coming back in 2016. I'm happy for Blazer fans and the city of Birmingham. It's really despicable how Alabama politics gets involved in these things and Bear Bryant's son is such a dickwipe. I'm glad he wasn't able to win the day on this. Looking forward to seeing Coach Bill Clark again take the helm for them. He did a nice job this year.

As a resident of Birmingham, I'm interested to hear Scribe's take on this whole affair. I'm glad anyway to see them get their team back. It was the right thing to do.


I wish we'd get our team back, too.
Birmingham cannot agree on a single thing politically. That is around 53 municipalities that argue for the sake or arguing.
Every single municipality in or around Birmingham voted yes to reinstate football and brought donors to the fold.
UAB is not incurring a single stitch of cost and now may be the time in which they grant a new stadium for the team.

It is sad that it had to happen this way, but maybe now we will see true support for UAB football and it being taken out of the hands of Crimson Tide interests.

Last edited by IndelibleScribe; 06-01-2015 at 10:04 PM..
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 26,620
Default

FSU only has three starters returning on offense. Golson is a gamble if he wins the QB job. I expect three losses this season.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:12 PM   #4
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,465
Default

I am interested in seeing Michigan's first season under Harbaugh. The country club atmosphere is over but the transition and lack of a truly elite QB holdover hurts.
I expect Shane Morris to be the starter over Rudock but the growing pains will be rough.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:14 PM   #5
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 38,765

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
FSU only has three starters returning on offense. Golson is a gamble if he wins the QB job. I expect three losses this season.
Golson was a nice upgrade for them at QB. He has his issues ofcourse, but overall it was a nice move.

FSU at Clemson will determine the ACC Champ. FSU has excellent players returning at the skill positions (Cook, Rudolph, Lane) but their OL will be a mess.

LB is also an issue. Big Six has turned into Paul Toviessi (karma) and Northrup is nothing special. Smith is a very good player, tho.

Not sure about their DL, either. Lawrence-Stample is a very solid player, possibly all conference, not sure about the others. Ramsey is a stud in the secondary.

10-2
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:40 PM   #6
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 11,253
Default

Arkansas will beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa this year.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:42 PM   #7
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Arkansas will beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa this year.
Well damn. You have brass ones to predict that one.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #8
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 21,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Prediction:

ASU will win the Pac 12 and be in the talk for the Final Four.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #9
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 6,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Arkansas will beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa this year.
That wouldn't surprise me much. Arkansas is putting it together.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #10
socalorado
Ring of Famer
 
socalorado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Prediction:

ASU will win the Pac 12 and be in the talk for the Final Four.
GTFO
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #11
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Prediction:

ASU will win the Pac 12 and be in the talk for the Final Four.
No ****ing way. Oregon, USC, Washington or Arizona.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:17 PM   #12
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Prediction:

ASU will win the Pac 12 and be in the talk for the Final Four.

I predict CU will hold up in the cellar again
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #13
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I predict CU will hold up in the cellar again
I would really like to see CU get back on track. It was fun watching the Buffs being in the mix for the Big 12 years ago.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #14
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I would really like to see CU get back on track. It was fun watching the Buffs being in the mix for the Big 12 years ago.
I think they would have IF they moved to pac 12 sooner before soo many teams got good. I do think Mac needs to start winning more games or we might be doing another HC search in 2 yrs.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:39 PM   #15
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 21,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
No ****ing way. Oregon, USC, Washington or Arizona.
Considering they were in the running last year and improved at QB, RB, and WR is staying stagnant there offense will be fine. Defensively Graham has found a way to plug in the newbies for enough support.

In any case, the teams you listed will all be fighting for it as well. Oregon is bound to take a step back this year with no Mariotta
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:40 PM   #16
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I think they would have IF they moved to pac 12 sooner before soo many teams got good. I do think Mac needs to start winning more games or we might be doing another HC search.
I agree, the issue however is that the talent level is simply not up to snuff.
They are playing against playoff caliber teams with partial FCS talent.
Mac has to develop some guys and get them to outplay their perceived abilities.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #17
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Considering they were in the running last year and improved at QB, RB, and WR is staying stagnant there offense will be fine. Defensively Graham has found a way to plug in the newbies for enough support.

In any case, the teams you listed will all be fighting for it as well. Oregon is bound to take a step back this year with no Mariotta
ASU is definitely talented. But their options at QB are either Bercovici who is less than spectacular. Manny Wilkins, Brady White or Bryce Perkins.
All of whom are either true or red shirt freshman. if Bercovici struggles or fails to improve you go from a potential playoff contender to a 7-8 game winner.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:46 PM   #18
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I agree, the issue however is that the talent level is simply not up to snuff.
They are playing against playoff caliber teams with partial FCS talent.
Mac has to develop some guys and get them to outplay their perceived abilities.
Agree 100%
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #19
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 38,765

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

I think were headed for another .500 year give or take a game or two.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:21 PM   #20
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 6,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I predict CU will hold up in the cellar again
I think this is the year that prediction is wrong. They finally have a good, experienced o-line to go with a 3rd year starting QB, and they have two running backs coming in who are better, bigger, and faster than any of the holdovers. They need help on the D-line from a couple of incoming jucos and a redshirt freshman will need to step up, but there is some good talent there finally. They're deep and talented in the defensive backfield. Linebacker is their biggest issue. They need Addison Gillam who was all-American freshman team two years ago to rebound from injury, and a couple of other guys to step up. They may end up using a big safety at linebacker. I'll call them a 7 win team.

I think Oregon falls the furthest in the PAC relative to where they were. I also see ASU at or near the top. USC will finally have a full roster, so they're on their way back, but I'm just not certain it will be this year. By the end of last season, they were playing with 52 recruited scholarship players.

Last edited by bombay; 06-02-2015 at 01:41 PM..
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:49 PM   #21
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 38,765

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Promising article on pressure mounting to expand the tournament to 8 teams and scheduling scenarios.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...to-eight-teams

I really, really want this. 8 teams is a true playoff system, as opposed to the Plus 1 system we have now.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #22
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 21,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

I enjoy the final 4, but the final 8 will also be very awesome when it comes down the line.

College Football having a playoff has brought me back into the fold in regards to excitement this early to a season.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #23
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Get him in the HOF

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Another year of mediocrity for my Longhorns. Sucks that Notre Dame blocked Golson from coming to Texas.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:41 PM   #24
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 15,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Another year of mediocrity for my Longhorns. Sucks that Notre Dame blocked Golson from coming to Texas.
I don't know, they have a lot of talent and Strong is starting to develop those guys nicely.
QB will be a slight issue, didn't help that Harbaugh took Gentry away though.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #25
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Get him in the HOF

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,561

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
I don't know, they have a lot of talent and Strong is starting to develop those guys nicely.
QB will be a slight issue, didn't help that Harbaugh took Gentry away though.
I think we're another year away, QB is just too big a hole right now. Swoopes just isn't any bueno.

Tell me about it, I was pissed when he changed his mind.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Denver Broncos