The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2007, 11:16 PM   #201
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

THE Flyers dancing guy! Chad, you will see this guy when you go to the game on the 27th (I think that's the game you are going to). Anyway, this dude is hilarious! He sits way up, section 220 or so. They will put him on the big screen a little after the halfway point in the 3rd period. Here are a few samples I pulled from youtube. The guys gets the crowd going no matter the score!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ysvms8nbUWU

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xpTB48ZfO8o

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Ujq0OGgEtI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kXrn1I7r5WU
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:43 AM   #202
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

change in plan pbn, due to the fact that im broke were gonna wait till spring to come down to a game. But we will make it this year.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #203
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Ben Eager has been traded to the Blackhawks for Jim Vandermeer. Vandermeer was traded 5 years ago for Alex Zhamnov. Good to see Jimmy return.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #204
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Me and little Philly (Nicky) at the game. Bastards asked if I wanted to take a "fan foto" for the Flyers website right after I took a big bite of a hot dog (pictured behind Nicky in my left hand). Nice pic of me with a mouthful.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery...65&image_id=30

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 12-21-2007 at 12:10 AM..
Old 12-21-2007, 04:58 PM   #205
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default John Stevens inks a one year extension.

Link

John has built strong relationships with many of our young players as well as with the players that joined us over the summer,'' Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren said. ''We believe that he is the right coach to lead our team in a positive direction.''

Stevens was promoted from the Flyers AHL team on October 22, 2006. He had coached the Phantoms for six seasons, and won a Calder Cup championship in 2005.

''They have a long history of winning here and I am excited to be a part of that moving forward,'' Stevens said.

The Flyers are in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with a 16-13-3 mark, good for 35 points in 32 games.

Although the Flyers are the highest scoring team in the division, Stevens' group has been in the spotlight this season for rough play.

So far this season, the Flyers have had five players suspended for on-ice acts of violence: Steve Downie got 20 games for a head shot on Ottawa's Dean McAmmond; Jesse Boulerice got 25 games for a crosscheck to the head of Vancouver Ryan Kesler; Randy Jones got two games for a hit from behind on Boston's Patrice Bergeron; Scott Hartnell got two games for hitting Boston's Andrew Alberts' head into the boards when the player was on his knees and defenceless; and now Cote's high head-shot on Niskanen netted a three game suspension.

The league reportedly put the Flyers "on notice" in early December.

In his last full season as a coach in the AHL (2005-2006), the Phantoms led the AHL in penalty minutes with 2,380.

Earlier this season, the Flyers extended the contracts of Braydon Coburn and leading scorer Mike Richards. The Richards deal was notable, as it stretched out to 12 years. Coburn's deal was for two seasons.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:06 AM   #206
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Sabres give Briere, Flyers a rough ride

BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres spoiled two former teammates' homecoming, and picked up another two points in the standings.

Jochen Hecht snapped a late third-period tie, and Ryan Miller made 20 saves in his seventh consecutive start to help the Sabres beat the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Friday night in the first game of a home-and-home series.

The win ruined the return to Buffalo for Daniel Briere, the former Sabres star who signed an eight-year, $52 million contract with the Flyers during the offseason. Briere failed to pick up a point and finished with a minus-2 rating.

Flyers goalie Martin Biron also made his first appearance in Buffalo since the Sabres traded him to Philadelphia in February.

But more importantly for the Sabres, they've matched a season high with their five-game winning streak and have won 12 of their last 16 after being just points away from the Eastern Conference basement two weeks ago.

"We didn't focus on those two players, we focused on the team," Hecht said. "We came in to have a good game. We're on a winning streak now and we've put together some games where we've found a way to win."

Hecht beat Biron with a backhander off a rebound with 2:51 remaining.

"It was a deflection that went off my shoulder," Biron said. "They got to it first and I think it went off a defenseman's skate."

Drew Stafford and Ales Kotalik also scored for the Sabres, who beat Philadelphia for the ninth time in the last 11 games played in Buffalo.

"We're gaining confidence," Miller said. "Our puck possession time has been a lot better in the last 12 games or so. We're playing smarter, and that gives us the puck more."

Jeff Carter and Joffrey Lupul scored for the Flyers. Philadelphia has lost five straight, its longest losing streak of the season.

It also was the fourth consecutive game they've squandered a lead, but the first time this season they lost when leading after two periods.

"We're a young team," Briere said. "We're still in the stages of trying to learn how to stay patient and find ways to win."

There were plenty of "Welcome Back Danny" signs scattered throughout the crowd, but perhaps the best sign was held up by three young girls and said, "All I want for Christmas is Briere in a Sabres jersey." The good feelings, however, ended once the game began, with the crowd booing Briere every time he touched the puck.

"It was what I expected," Briere said.

The Sabres opened the scoring on Stafford's eighth of the season. Stafford's backhander off a rebound bounced off Biron and barely crossed the goal line with 2:05 left in the first period. The goal was upheld after a long review.

Philadelphia tied it 2:13 into the second on Carter's 10th of the season. With the teams playing four-aside, Carter slipped a wrist shot through Miller's legs after he had a partial breakaway off a nice feed from Scott Hartnell.

The Flyers pushed their edge to 2-1 45 seconds later on Lupul's 13th goal. On the power play, Lupul picked up a loose puck in the slot and lifted it over Miller.

Buffalo tied it on the power play 4:30 into the third on Kotalik's 10th goal.

Biron finished with 32 saves.

Notes: The teams will play again in Philadelphia on Saturday night. . Sabres C Tim Connolly is sick and didn't play. . Philadelphia D Randy Jones missed the third period with a lower body injury. . Sabres backup goalie Jocelyn Thibault broke his nose while sitting on the bench, but coach Lindy Ruff believes Thibault will be available for Saturday's game. . Flyers D Jim Vandermeer made his Philadelphia debut after being acquired from Chicago on Tuesday in a trade involving LW Ben Eager. . Biron was Buffalo's first-round pick in 1995.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #207
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Wow. We got jobbed last night Chad. Did you see the icing call with 14 seconds left in regulation? Richards took the puck from our end and lobbed it out to the neutral zone. The puck was slowly sliding down to the goalline with a Sabres player right behind it. The defenseman blatantly slowed down and Pat Dipuzzo (A focking embarassment to all Italians everywhere) calls icing. I thought the arena was gonna collapse when he made that call. Even John Stevens went ape chit!
Sure enough, the Sabres win the draw and score with 7 second left. Whatever. I guess it was an X-mas gift from that focking WOP Dipuzzo.
I won't even get into the 12 straight PP minutes the Sabres had in the 2nd period (including 3 straight 5 on 3's). Interestingly enough, the Flyers scored 2 SH goals in that time.

This team is a year or 2 away from being a real threat. It would be nice to get some playoff experience this season though. They are so freaking young.

Jeff Carter: 22
Gagne: 27
Lupol: 24
Hartnell: 25
Richards: 22
Tolpeko: 22
Upshall: 24
Umberger: 25
Coburn: 22
Kukkonen: 25
Randy Jones: 26

The core is so young yet has all the potential. I am starting to lean in the direction of trying to trade Hatcher and Knuble to free up some cap room. hatcher is due in the upper $3 million while Knuble is in the lower $3 million. I'd like to keep both but we aren't gonna be good enough to win anything significant this year or probably next year. Clear some space and get youth in return.
This team is a joy to watch but they can be so frustrating at times. Like the Broncos this season, i keep reminding myself how young they are and to be patient. The good times are close and the great times are not that much further.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:33 PM   #208
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Wow. We got jobbed last night Chad. Did you see the icing call with 14 seconds left in regulation? Richards took the puck from our end and lobbed it out to the neutral zone. The puck was slowly sliding down to the goalline with a Sabres player right behind it. The defenseman blatantly slowed down and Pat Dipuzzo (A focking embarassment to all Italians everywhere) calls icing. I thought the arena was gonna collapse when he made that call. Even John Stevens went ape chit!
Sure enough, the Sabres win the draw and score with 7 second left. Whatever. I guess it was an X-mas gift from that focking WOP Dipuzzo.
I won't even get into the 12 straight PP minutes the Sabres had in the 2nd period (including 3 straight 5 on 3's). Interestingly enough, the Flyers scored 2 SH goals in that time.

This team is a year or 2 away from being a real threat. It would be nice to get some playoff experience this season though. They are so freaking young.

Jeff Carter: 22
Gagne: 27
Lupol: 24
Hartnell: 25
Richards: 22
Tolpeko: 22
Upshall: 24
Umberger: 25
Coburn: 22
Kukkonen: 25
Randy Jones: 26

The core is so young yet has all the potential. I am starting to lean in the direction of trying to trade Hatcher and Knuble to free up some cap room. hatcher is due in the upper $3 million while Knuble is in the lower $3 million. I'd like to keep both but we aren't gonna be good enough to win anything significant this year or probably next year. Clear some space and get youth in return.
This team is a joy to watch but they can be so frustrating at times. Like the Broncos this season, i keep reminding myself how young they are and to be patient. The good times are close and the great times are not that much further.

I watched that game ( i thought it was a great game) very entertaining you gotta give buffalo credit those guys played hard and richards is a badass..

Last edited by Bronx33; 12-23-2007 at 01:48 PM..
Old 12-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #209
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
I watched that game ( i thought it was a great game) very entertaining you gotta give buffalo credit those guys played hard.

The game was very entertaining. One of the best I've been to in a while. Buffalo played well. Dipuzzo is an embarassment though. I've never seen a linesman signal icing, then waive it off, and then call icing while the player is coasting to the puck.
It's ashame such a great game was ruined by a moron linesman.

Edit: due to seeing your added "richards is a badass". Just when i thought I couldn't like Mike Richards anymore then I already do, he does somthing that makes me like him even more. He is such an incredible 2 way player. He was litertally, on the ice for what seemed to be 9 straight minutes during the second period when the refs continued to call penalties on the Flyers. He is one of the best PK I've seen and then he goes and ripes one by Miller on a SH rush. The kid is really something special. Did you hear that he took the entire team to dinner after signing his deal. Pretty cool gesture.

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 12-23-2007 at 01:55 PM..
Old 12-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #210
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

yeah i saw the game, was on the edge of my seat, and yeah the icing call sucked, but if we win that last faceoff it dosent matter.

good time to get the slump out of the way, long as they get it straight before they fall to far out of things, i didnt watch the shootout but i cant tell you how surprised i was to find out we lost it.

bring on the laffs on the 27th.

merry christmas everybody
Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #211
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Andrew Peters might not want to drop the gloves with Riley Cote any more. 2 fights and I don't think he's landed a punch yet (unless you count the one after Cote Knocked him down and he rolled on Cote and threw a punch while they were down). 2 firghts (Not great but Cote handled Peter both times. the second fight, you have to weed through about 35 seconds of them having a good hold of each others jersey. Cote lands one punch and thats all he needed. Enjoy:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CgVyQ-IU0JM&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=J4EsBvro_V0&feature=related
Old 12-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #212
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Going for 3 wins in a row tonight. @ Florida 7pm. Nitty will be in net and unfortunately, Jason Smith is out.

Hopefully we can keep the Momentum going tonight.

GO FLYERS!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:49 PM   #213
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

dood it was a 5pm start

we held on to win 1-0

broncos won in overtime just after hatcher scored the only goal of the game, so i got to watch the last 5 minutes of the game.

nitty played great for the shutout, even stpping a penalty shot
Old 12-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #214
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
dood it was a 5pm start

we held on to win 1-0

broncos won in overtime just after hatcher scored the only goal of the game, so i got to watch the last 5 minutes of the game.

nitty played great for the shutout, even stpping a penalty shot
Nitty is great 1 on 1. I think the Flyers should use him for shootouts. For some reason, Biron blows in the shootout and Nitty is great.

3 in a row.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:18 PM   #215
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

everythings coming up chad today, first i smuggled back a couple hundred dollars worth of beer, and other stuff today from buffalo, then the broncos win, and minutes later the flyers win. 3 strikes im out, good way to end the year tho.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:46 PM   #216
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Nice read here Chad. It will help kill the time before our next game which isn't until Friday. This is a piece that was posted on a Panther message board by a Panther fan who attended the Hurricanes at Flyers game. Apparently he is a pilot who had a lay over in Philly so he went to the game.
It's really well written and gives a pretty good, unbiased analysis of a game in Philly.

http://forums.floridapanthers.com/in...showtopic=1298
Old 01-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #217
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Rumblings out of Philly are that Peter Forsberg is cautiously optomistic that he will be cleared to play by doctors and his destination will be Philadelphia. Wow, it's so hard to not be excited but I am trying to subdue some of my enthusiasum so i'm not disappointed if it falls through.
It will be great to get 2 of the best players in the NHL back on the ice (Gagne and Forsberg) for a late season push.

Think this is a coincidence? Today, the Flyers waived Center Jim Dowd and Defenseman Rory Fitzpatrick. Hmmmmm.... I wonder why?
Old 01-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #218
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default this is just funny

Darien Hatcher Accused of Biting Travis Zajac

The Devils accused Philadelphia defenseman Derian Hatcher of biting Zajac's finger through the glove during the second period of New Jersey's 3-0 victory over the Flyers in Newark last night.

Hatcher was not penalized for the alleged act, which surely will bring an investigation by NHL VP Colin Campbell.

"If he's cut, good, but I didn't bite him," Hatcher said.

Hatcher claimed Zajac face-washed him with his glove, which caught on one of Hatcher's teeth.

Zajac, who returned to action in the third after the middle finger of his left hand was stitched up, said Hatcher didn't say anything to him.

"My finger was in his mouth, so I don't think he could," Zajac said. "There was a scrum in front and I guess my hand got close to his mouth and he bit me."
Old 01-05-2008, 08:57 PM   #219
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

what a joke. Devils are fags. Shove your glove in the face of a player and you get what you deserve.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #220
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Great win tonight. Awesome game. The Flyers HAVE to start figuring out how to limit the shots on goal by the opposing team. Nitty faced 56 shots last night! Thats a record for a Flyers goalie in a regulation game. In fact, that may be the most in any game. I remember Brian Boucher faced (I think) 55 shots in that 5 OT game against Pittsburgh when Primeau scored to give the Flyers the win in the 5th OT.
Nitty may be starting to open up a "goalie controversy". He has been outstanding in his last 2 starts. 96 shots on goal and only 2 goals giving up in his last 2 starts.

It was an all Ontario night in Toronto last night as Stev Downie, Jeff Carter and Mike Richards accounted for all 3 Flyers goals. All 3 are from Ontario.

GO FLYERS!
Old 01-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #221
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Bush league
Old 01-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #222
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
What's bush league? Like no one ever throws a punch when the linesmen arrive. Like boxing, protect yourselves at all times.

Hey Bronx.... You have such a hard on for the Flyers bro. Why don't you pull the clip where Braydon Coburn got boarded last night resulting in Coburns eyebrow exploding. No penalty at all. If it's a Flyer, it's 5 minute major, game misconduct and a suspension. NO DOUBT. Crawl under the same rock as Colin Campbell bro.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:01 PM   #223
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Hey Bronx.... You have such a hard on for the Flyers bro. Why don't you pull the clip where Braydon Coburn got boarded last night resulting in Coburns eyebrow exploding. No penalty at all. If it's a Flyer, it's 5 minute major, game misconduct and a suspension. NO DOUBT. Crawl under the same rock as Colin Campbell bro.
i seem to recall saying this for the first 3 months of the season and being told to stop it, now your finally starting to see the light.

as for bronx with his bush league comment, if he was talking about the ref hes right, if you cant completely tie up both guys stay the hell out so nobody ends up crying like blake did.

and just like i make the hit he made on mcammond in preseason, i take that shot at blake too,every friggin time. I like this downie kid, its alot easier to teach psychos control then it is to teach pussies to be aggressive.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:06 PM   #224
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
i seem to recall saying this for the first 3 months of the season and being told to stop it, now your finally starting to see the light.

as for bronx with his bush league comment, if he was talking about the ref hes right, if you cant completely tie up both guys stay the hell out so nobody ends up crying like blake did.

and just like i make the hit he made on mcammond in preseason, i take that shot at blake too,every friggin time. I like this downie kid, its alot easier to teach psychos control then it is to teach pussies to be aggressive.

I hear ya but I was referring to the suspension part of the arguement. I didn't care that every boarderline hit was garnering a suspension.
Now, I am referring to every little thing a Flyer player does, the Lone avs fan on the board comes in to take a shot at the Flyers.
If Bronx did it with every team, it wouldn't matter. He either has too much time on his hands and has to comment on everything a Flyer player does or he has a bug up his ass about the Flyers. Either way, I just wish he would stop with the whining on the Flyers thread. Take that chit to the general hockey thread. It's getting tiresome.

He wasn't talking about the refs. He was talking about Downie. Although, I do agree with you that the refs "eff'ed" up by not completely tying the players up. Bronx was whining that Downie threw the extra punch. Happens all the time. Not sure what Hockey he is watching.

Downie is a losse cannon for sure. He has talent though. I like his mean streak. He HAS to control it though. It's getting him a bad rep, which I don't mind but, the penalties will come at a fast pace with that rep.

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 01-06-2008 at 08:10 PM..
Old 01-06-2008, 08:40 PM   #225
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Bad news on the Lupol front, Chad. He has an injured spinal cord and mild concussion after Darrien Hatcher goes for the KO on a Leafs players and Lup's winds up taking the worst of it. Here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Teq75HvZYC4