The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #51
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i swear if we sign that little b**** brierre im gonna quit watching hockey, i cant stand that little puke, and after watching last year having to watch him would be to much to handle.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #52
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
i swear if we sign that little b**** brierre im gonna quit watching hockey, i cant stand that little puke, and after watching last year having to watch him would be to much to handle.
Sorry to say brierre is an excellent player and a fine signing (if it's true) 32 goals and 95 points is a great addition to any team.

Last edited by Bronx33; 07-01-2007 at 10:27 AM..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #53
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default Were Back Flyers 07-08

lets start the year off with a bang
more of that to come al keep your head up or little steve downie is gonna get ya.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #54
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Cheap shot...typical Flyers hockey.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #55
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

oh how times have changed, the nhl is turning into the sissies hockey league, 20 friggin games for a borderline legal hit

good old days

new pussified nhl 20 game suspension

i shoulda givin up hockey when the flyers signed brierre

to put things in a way even you colorado homers can understand, downie got the same suspension as bertuzzi, is that this even in the same league ? gimmie a break. 2 minutes charging maybe, 2 more for boarding possible, but 20 games, my god.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:22 PM   #56
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Flyers catch a break with Lupul's sprained wrist

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -Flyers forward Joffrey Lupul has a sprained left wrist and was listed as day to day on Thursday, an improved diagnosis after Philadelphia feared he broke his wrist.

"He had some medicine injected into that wrist this morning, and we're hopeful that with three-to-five days of rest, he'll be better," said Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren.

Forwards Scottie Upshall and R.J Umberger also had surgery Thursday. Umberger had screws inserted into the pinkie finger of his left hand and Upshall had surgery on his left wrist.

Upshall could miss up to six weeks; Umberger could miss two weeks.

Upshall and Umberger were both hurt in Philadelphia's 4-2 loss against Ottawa on Tuesday night.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #57
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
oh how times have changed, the nhl is turning into the sissies hockey league, 20 friggin games for a borderline legal hit

good old days

new pussified nhl 20 game suspension

i shoulda givin up hockey when the flyers signed brierre

to put things in a way even you colorado homers can understand, downie got the same suspension as bertuzzi, is that this even in the same league ? gimmie a break. 2 minutes charging maybe, 2 more for boarding possible, but 20 games, my god.

I will never understand what you have against brierre and downie got what he deserved (end of story)
Old 09-28-2007, 07:26 PM   #58
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
What in the world makes it BORDERLINE LEGAL? Your ****ing blind.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #59
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Cheapshot
Here one in slow mo (no doubt he left his feet)
Old 09-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #60
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Cheapshot
Here one in slow mo (no doubt he left his feet)

How many games did brandon sutter get for this hit or how many games did bureau get for this and how many games did neil get for this

neils was a friggin elbow and he was clearly off his feet, downie was off his feet, yeah he was about to hit somebody a foot taller then him, if he didnt leap he woulda bounced off him like a fly. none of these other ass clowns gets a game but downie gets 20. gimmie a break.

lets look at the rulebook

http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule47.html

Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A "Charge" may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

1. A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.
2. When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed, and an automatic fine of one hundred dollars ($100).
3. A minor, major or a major and a game misconduct shall be imposed on a player who charges a goalkeeper while the goalkeeper is within his goal crease.

that rule to me fits the hit, it was charging, 5 and a game

Boarding

# A minor or major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, based upon the degree of violence of the impact with the boards, shall be imposed on any player who checks an opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently in the boards.

(NOTE) Any unnecessary contact with a player playing the puck on an obvious "icing" or "off-side" play which results in that player being knocked into the boards is "boarding" and must be penalized as such. In other instances where there is no contact with the boards, it should be treated as "charging".
# When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.
# Any player who incurs a total of two (2) game misconducts for Boarding under Rule 44 (b), in either Regular Season or Playoffs, shall be suspended automatically for the next game of his Team. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game.
# When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule, an automatic fine of one hundred dollars ($100) shall be imposed.

possibly, but if this was to apply then every hit where a person hits the boards would be worth a penalty.

the problem here is that he stayed down, if he got up it would have been a great hit, and thats wrong.

think back to the playoffs 2 years ago remember this hit on rj awesome hit, once again guy got clobbered with his head down, how many games did campbell get ?

or what about last year before the playoffs remember this and he got what 3 games for this, but somehow downies is worth 20 ?

come on, if this is the new standard i want to see everybody who makes any sort of headshot get 20 games
Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 PM   #61
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Get ready to get raped eight times again.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 PM   #62
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Get ready to get raped eight times again.
thats fine, so we go 78-8 im ok with that

Old 09-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #63
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
How many games did brandon sutter get for this hit or how many games did bureau get for this and how many games did neil get for this

neils was a friggin elbow and he was clearly off his feet, downie was off his feet, yeah he was about to hit somebody a foot taller then him, if he didnt leap he woulda bounced off him like a fly. none of these other ass clowns gets a game but downie gets 20. gimmie a break.

lets look at the rulebook

http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule47.html

Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A "Charge" may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

1. A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.
2. When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed, and an automatic fine of one hundred dollars ($100).
3. A minor, major or a major and a game misconduct shall be imposed on a player who charges a goalkeeper while the goalkeeper is within his goal crease.

that rule to me fits the hit, it was charging, 5 and a game

Boarding

# A minor or major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, based upon the degree of violence of the impact with the boards, shall be imposed on any player who checks an opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently in the boards.

(NOTE) Any unnecessary contact with a player playing the puck on an obvious "icing" or "off-side" play which results in that player being knocked into the boards is "boarding" and must be penalized as such. In other instances where there is no contact with the boards, it should be treated as "charging".
# When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.
# Any player who incurs a total of two (2) game misconducts for Boarding under Rule 44 (b), in either Regular Season or Playoffs, shall be suspended automatically for the next game of his Team. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game.
# When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule, an automatic fine of one hundred dollars ($100) shall be imposed.

possibly, but if this was to apply then every hit where a person hits the boards would be worth a penalty.

the problem here is that he stayed down, if he got up it would have been a great hit, and thats wrong.

think back to the playoffs 2 years ago remember this hit on rj awesome hit, once again guy got clobbered with his head down, how many games did campbell get ?

or what about last year before the playoffs remember this and he got what 3 games for this, but somehow downies is worth 20 ?

come on, if this is the new standard i want to see everybody who makes any sort of headshot get 20 games

The league is addressing the head hunting (NOW) and downie stepped up first in line (a harsh suspension) right away should help curb the head shots problem (that is way over due BTW) someone is going to get killed if they don't address it early. Pass incidents are meaningless right now chada the NHL is addressing the problem now on a easy target a NHL hopeful that was probably being sent down anyways downie has nobody to blame but himself.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:49 PM   #64
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Dean McAmmond has released a statement:

"I feel the ruling is strong enough to prevent these things from happening in the future. At this point, the NHL needs to a make a statement to try to protect players, and I hope that a suspension of this length will do that successfully."
Old 09-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #65
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
The league is addressing the head hunting (NOW) and downie stepped up first in line (a harsh suspension) right away should help curb the head shots problem (that is way over due BTW) someone is going to get killed if they don't address it early. Pass incidents are meaningless right now chada the NHL is addressing the problem now on a easy target a NHL hopeful that was probably being sent down anyways downie has nobody to blame but himself.
which is fine, and i agree sorta, but the league needs to be consistant, which means socals man colby armstrong should miss half the season with hits like last 10 seconds and this too and this too

aslong as all the hits are punished equal its ok, but im betting there is a similar hit before the end of october that dosent get the same punishment.

BTW how exactly have they decided to take action on this, what rule was brought in to address this ? NONE, there is no rule inplace other then the 2 i mentioned that gets him any sort of suspension. They had talks about it, thats fine, the game isnt played governed by talks its governed by rules.

Last edited by chadta; 09-28-2007 at 10:59 PM..
Old 09-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #66
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
which is fine, and i agree sorta, but the league needs to be consistant, which means socals man colby armstrong should miss half the season with hits like last 10 seconds and this too and this too

aslong as all the hits are punished equal its ok, but im betting there is a similar hit before the end of october that dosent get the same punishment.

Look for consistancy (this year) anything that happened before is a non issue (this year)
Old 09-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #67
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Look for consistancy (this year) anything that happened before is a non issue (this year)
I will be, and ill be surprised if i see it.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #68
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
I will never understand what you have against brierre and downie got what he deserved (end of story)
hes a dirty player

i have no problem with a hard, heavy, even borderline body checks, i have no use whatsoever for stickwork, i think there is a line between tough which i like and dirty which i dont. I stopped watching the flyers when they had ulf samuelson cuz hes such a dirty friggin player, i dont think briere is quite that bad, and at least he has a little bit of skill too, but i just dont like him.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:41 PM   #69
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Flyers send Steve Downie down to Phantoms

The Philadelphia Flyers sent suspended forward Steve Downie down to the Philadelphia Phantoms of the American Hockey League on Saturday.

Downie, 20, was suspended by the NHL for 20 games on Friday for his hit on Ottawa's Dean McAmmond in an exhibition game Tuesday night. The five-foot-10, 192-pound rookie received a match penalty, which carries an automatic indefinite suspension pending a league review.

The demotion makes Downie automatically ineligible to play for the Phantoms, although an AHL spokesman said Friday that the league could review the case.

Downie had an opportunity to make the Flyers' roster, and his NHL debut, after forwards Scottie Upshall, R.J. Umberger and Joffrey Lupul sustained injuries.

If Downie had started the season with the Flyers and served the full 20 games, he would have been eligible to return Nov. 23 against Washington. The next night, the Flyers face the Senators.

He will forfeit US$63,101.60 in salary.

Downie recorded a goal and 17 penalty minutes in four pre-season games for the Flyers.

Philadelphia's first round pick (29th overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, Downie recorded 35 goals and 57 assists for 92 points and 124 penalty minutes in 45 regular season games for the OHL's Peterborough Petes and Kitchener Rangers last season.

Downie helped Canada capture last year's world junior hockey championship in Sweden.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:52 PM   #70
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
hes a dirty player

i have no problem with a hard, heavy, even borderline body checks, i have no use whatsoever for stickwork, i think there is a line between tough which i like and dirty which i dont. I stopped watching the flyers when they had ulf samuelson cuz hes such a dirty friggin player, i dont think briere is quite that bad, and at least he has a little bit of skill too, but i just dont like him.

It might have had something to do with this.

Ovy got a love tap to the gizzard for almost killing briere seems like a mighty fair trade if you ask me.

Last edited by Bronx33; 09-29-2007 at 11:40 PM..
Old 09-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #71
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
It might have had something to do with this.

Ovy got a love tap to the gizzard for almost killing briere seems like a mighty fair trade if you ask me.
no its wrong, you dont go hit a guy with a stick, you put a shoulder into him like downie did, or you drop your gloves and pound it into him, its NEVER ok to use your stick to defend yourself.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #72
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Dean McAmmond has released a statement:

"I feel the ruling is strong enough to prevent these things from happening in the future. At this point, the NHL needs to a make a statement to try to protect players, and I hope that a suspension of this length will do that successfully."

When people enforce punishments to "set examples," we should all be worried. Examples are set by establishing clear rules and laws, not by choosing an arbitrary time to hang someone. There was no official rule changes made therefore this is nothing more then colin cambpell making stuff up as he goes, and i would put money on the fact that it is not infoced fairly throughout the year.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #73
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
You still watching hockey?
Old 09-30-2007, 11:52 PM   #74
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
You still watching hockey?
i havent watched a flyers game yet

but i do still follow the sport

i have a couple of examples of the "new n headhunting NHL"

no suspension for this

and nothing for this either

ya know im trying not to be a total homer here, but come on, while slightly different then downies hit, if the nhl was seriously trying to eliminate headhsots then both of these deserve atleast a few games if not 10
Old 10-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #75
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

ok call me bob, i may have to go back and go against everything i beleive in and root for the little b****, i mean 2 goals , almost 3 and a victory, hell it was november before we won a game last year.