The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #251
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
Clarke is an idiot nice job to condone classless cheap shots lets just see what happens when downie decides to fight somebody that is looking at him or not facing the other way. (I guess downies class even gets shared with his own 16 year old teamates) hes just begging for a world class a**beating and iam sure he will get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMDWuepG7Y
Glad to see you ducked my LEGIT questions yet again. Nice work!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:22 AM   #252
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
Glad to see you ducked my LEGIT questions yet again. Nice work!
Ducked? plenty of time to answer your question be patient.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #253
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
hey pbn check this out

clarke loved the downie punch

its about time somebody in the organization stood up and said good for you guys, keep playing that way, i cant wait for off the record today now.

video will be up on the tsn site after 6pm eastern
Bah.... That's just Clarkie being Clarkie. Sometimes I wish he would just stay quite. Clarke has always been the type of guy who when he says something, he makes it seem like he is a God and you should bow in front of him. Clarke is no longer the GM of this team and should remain OUT of the public eye. There is something called "public relations" for spin control. Clarkie is the anti-public relations.
As far as Downie, he's a big boy and can take care of himself. I've yet to see him back down from anyone. I don't think I will ever see him duck and hide the way Tie Domi used to. Should be fun watching Downie and Avery take to the ice Thursday night. 2 train wrecks headed straight at each other. MMMMmmm... Good ole East coast hockey at it's finest.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #254
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Chad, great news bro. 4 of the 5 injured starters will be ready to go tonight (Thursday) at the Rangers. Jason Smith, Sami Kapanen, Scottie Upshall and SIMON GAGNE!!!!!!!!! Lupol will remain pretty much bed ridden for the next 2 weeks. I imagine he will not play for the next 3 weeks at the earliest.
Also, Nitty will make his 3rd start in a row. here's the link:

A couple nice comments about Downie at the bottom of the article amid all the hoopla.

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

Last edited by phillybroncosnut; 01-10-2008 at 12:36 AM..
Old 01-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #255
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Bah.... That's just Clarkie being Clarkie. Sometimes I wish he would just stay quite. Clarke has always been the type of guy who when he says something, he makes it seem like he is a God and you should bow in front of him. Clarke is no longer the GM of this team and should remain OUT of the public eye. There is something called "public relations" for spin control. Clarkie is the anti-public relations.
As far as Downie, he's a big boy and can take care of himself. I've yet to see him back down from anyone. I don't think I will ever see him duck and hide the way Tie Domi used to. Should be fun watching Downie and Avery take to the ice Thursday night. 2 train wrecks headed straight at each other. MMMMmmm... Good ole East coast hockey at it's finest.

Yep they are practically the same player.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #256
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB3LgpSAQWI

Where is the OUTRAGE by all Hockey fans who spew their venom towards the Flyers. This is pretty comparable to what Downie did. The only difference is the Carolina player suffered a broken orbital bone and has been out since this incident. This happened December 26th and yet, I never saw it on TSN or here. Like i said all along, a little consistency would be nice.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:46 AM   #257
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
The only difference is that Downie has tremendous offensive ability.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:58 AM   #258
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
The only difference is that Downie has tremendous offensive ability.

In the goal scoring dept?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:03 AM   #259
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB3LgpSAQWI

Where is the OUTRAGE by all Hockey fans who spew their venom towards the Flyers. This is pretty comparable to what Downie did. The only difference is the Carolina player suffered a broken orbital bone and has been out since this incident. This happened December 26th and yet, I never saw it on TSN or here. Like i said all along, a little consistency would be nice.

So it's up to me to post em all (here)? chip in help out post em! iam all for it, the only reason the flyers keep coming up is because the flyers are repeat offenders.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:13 AM   #260
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
So it's up to me to post em all (here)? chip in help out post em! iam all for it, the only reason the flyers keep coming up is because the flyers are repeat offenders.
The difference here is I won't run around singling out "cheap shots". It's not my thing. If it was, I would be sure to look at teams that don't sport the Orange and Black too. I'm not TSN.
There are planty of repeat offenders out there. No team has had more then 2 questionable incidents this season other then the Flyers? Gimme a break.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 AM   #261
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
In the goal scoring dept?
Are you gonna compare Avery's #'s to Downie's #'s now? The guy has played 5 games. I wouldn't expect you to know of Downie's abilities as you probably have never watched him. How could you? Afterall, he played for the Phantoms and there is no way you could have seen him. I have. He is very good with and without the puck. He knows where to go when he doesn't have the puck. He always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. That's not luck, it's awareness. Coule that awareness and his ability to finish, you get a quality offensive young player. If he continues to be paired with Mike Richards, he can only get better.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:42 AM   #262
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

F the Rangers.

That is all. I get the game for a change too, Go Flyers!
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #263
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Are you gonna compare Avery's #'s to Downie's #'s now? The guy has played 5 games. I wouldn't expect you to know of Downie's abilities as you probably have never watched him. How could you? Afterall, he played for the Phantoms and there is no way you could have seen him. I have. He is very good with and without the puck. He knows where to go when he doesn't have the puck. He always seems to be in the right spot at the right time. That's not luck, it's awareness. Coule that awareness and his ability to finish, you get a quality offensive young player. If he continues to be paired with Mike Richards, he can only get better.

HUH? dude you said offensive abilities you didn't say which ability (so i asked) lighten up and i watch all the flyer games i have the hockey package just so ya know (iam not talking out my a**).
Old 01-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #264
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Bronx..... You just don't see the point. Fine, Downie's "rabbit punch" was dirty. I agree.

Ok great now awswer this what point from this comment don't i get?

I have a question pertaining to Don Cherry since you defend his comments. How can he say "it was one of the dirtiest things he's ever seen" when he loved Tie Domi. Remember what Domi did to Ulf about 10 years ago? The total sucker punch while his gloves were on and Ulf wasn't looking? That was (save for McSorely on Brashear), the dirtiest thing I've seen. Also, how can Don Cherry say "Kids, NEVER EVER EVER EVER do that" (What downie did) and then at the end of his thought say "There are certain guys in the league you can do that to but not Blake"? What the hell is that? Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth!
Now, you defended Cherry on "EVERYTHING". How can you defend what I just addressed?

I agree what downie did wasn't nearly as bad and this is what i don't like about the ego (don cherry) he run his hole with reckless abandon. I know i said i agreed with every thing he said i guess i didn't pay close enough attention to cherry being cherry (my bad)

Also, stop taking chit so personal. I have no idea how you turned my quote into meaning "I know more about hockey".

I didn't say you knew more than me i said you are (no bigger hockey fan) that's kinda based on the general consensus i get from every flyer fan i have discussed this seasons rash of suspensions. Iam sorry i grinds my gears when folks are so narrow minded about these hits when you said downies rabbit punch was cheap (that was the first) admission i have gotten from a flyer fan (the first) you understand my position now?

Colin Campbell has a hard on for the Flyers because, whether you know it or not,

Sorry i don't agree

Colin coached the Rangers for a few years. The Flyers/Rangers have one of the best rivalries in all of sports. Campbell hated the Flyers then and he carried that with him to his new Position

I just don't see colin using an old rivalry as a motive for suspensions (they have all been earned) IMO sorry but that's my opinion.

(No, not bent over Bettman's desk, his other NHL position)).
I have no idea how much Hockey you know or don't know. I really don't care.

Sure ya do or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Now, to the point that I have been trying to make and I still haven't gotten an answer to from you. How was the hit on Colburn not a penalty when 2 Flyers had similar hits this season and gotten suspended for? That's all I want to know. Can you give me an answer?

How the hell can i give you an answer i tried finding the colburn hit because to tell you truth i don't remember it so i can't help you out there. But based on your angle your feeling picked on by the league and all i can say is (get out from under the microscope) your players put you there (that's a fact) if flyers keep up the hits (your going to get attention from the league) simple. Is very easy to play a smash mouth style hockey (flyer hockey) you just have some youngster taking the style just a bit to far (just do it clean) thus far your team hasen't weather you believe it or not.

If this were the Av's, would you share my same point of view?

No (that's my opinion) it's not clean hockey i didn't agree with claude lemeuix hit on draper if that tells you anything

Flyers fans just want consistency. that's all. Most are okay with the suspensions. Like I said all along, I welcome them. That said, it's total BS that what's called for one team is not called for the entire league. Think about it.
You would have to sit down with colin to get these answers and go through each play to get the type of answer you want (i can't help you) it's your opinion colin isn't consistant with punishments and iam guessing the flyer sites you visit are all crying bloody murder and you have pretty much joined the crowd.

Peace

Last edited by Bronx33; 01-10-2008 at 03:52 PM..
Old 01-10-2008, 03:50 PM   #265
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
aside from the goal scoring, downie wont turtle ala avery, oh wait i forgot your a fan of claude "turtle" lemiux so you wouldnt respect that.

Quote:
UMMMmmmm been there done that, and all you did was cry cuz i kept pointing out that if a flyer did that it would be a suspension.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #266
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
aside from the goal scoring, downie wont turtle ala avery, oh wait i forgot your a fan of claude "turtle" lemiux so you wouldnt respect that.

UMMMmmmm been there done that, and all you did was cry cuz i kept pointing out that if a flyer did that it would be a suspension.

Do you even post while you're awake? and are you 10 years old?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #267
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Attila the hun with 2 more points in another flyers victory, after falling behind 2-0 in the first period the flyers scored 6 unanswered goals, led by scott hartnell with a hatrick, also of note gagne got a power play goal in the third period.

good job guys.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:06 PM   #268
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Bronx, I posted the clip of the hit on post number 231 here. Don't bother going back. I will copy and paste it here:

Oh alright, I'll post it. Interestingly enough, it's nowhere to be found on youtube. A fellow Flyer Fan fowarded this to me. The hit, which TSN skated right by, is 28 seconds into the video. The don't even show Coburn's eyebrow exploding. They just show him on the bench getting looked at. Again, the it is 28 sefconds into the main video. The first 15 seconds is of the Canadian Jr's.
I guess since Coburn didn't ACT like he was killed, he didn't get the penalty call. BS

http://broadband.tsn.ca/tsn/?vid=25786
Old 01-11-2008, 10:18 PM   #269
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Natty Hatty for Scotty Hartnell. I will tell him congrats when i see him during the pre-game warmup tomorrow
Old 01-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #270
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Good OT loss for the Flyers yesterday against Boston. Sounds wierd but the Flyers trailed 3-1 with 7 minutes to play. Good thing we got a point.

I wish Stevens would scratch/trade/cut Vandermeer. He's a turnover machine and gets lost gazing at the puck in the offensive zone and forgets to check the opposing forward. The result is giving up a chitload of oddman rushes or flat out clean breakaways. He did it again in OT yesterday and we lost on that play.
Dump Vandermeer and start dressing Lassi Kukenen.
Old 01-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #271
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

i think kuks is still hurt. but yeah i kinda agree, id rather have eager back, altho he did lose a fight to 50 year old gary roberts.

anyhow

did you see the laffs game last night ? more importantly did you see sundin shove the linesman ?

granted its not an illegal hit on a player, but im pretty sure there is a rule about keeping your hands off the refs.

check it out

how many games ?
Old 01-13-2008, 06:34 PM   #272
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

0 games that was nothing..
Old 01-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #273
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
0 games that was nothing..
degree of hit is not an issue here, its not part of the recent crack down on head shots,

nhl rulebook says otherwise

CATEGORY III
Any Player who, by his actions, physically demeans an Official or physically threatens an Official by (but not limited to) throwing a stick or any other piece of equipment or object at or in the general direction of an Official, shooting the puck at or in the general direction of an Official, spitting at or in the general direction of an Official, or who deliberately applies physical force to an Official solely for the purpose of getting free of such an Official during or immediately following an altercation shall be suspended for not less than three (3) games.

thats exactly what happened, there was some pushing and shoving, sundin was trying to get away, and deserves 3 games for it.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #274
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

http://www.sportspickle.com/

Flyers use 3-on-1 breakaway to savagely beat opposing defenseman

The Philadelphia Flyers took the opportunity of a 3-on-1 break last night not to try to notch a goal and even the score against the Maple Leafs, but instead savagely beat overmatched Toronto defenseman Ian White.
“Yeah, we probably could have scored easily,” said Flyers center Mike Richards. “But we try to look at the bigger picture. Ian is an important player for Toronto. We’ll have to play them again this season. But if we beat the sh-t out of him and put him in a coma, he can’t hurt us down the road. It’s pretty simple, really.”
White took several good shots from the three attacking Flyers – including a slash to the face, a skate blade kick to the neck and several knife puncture wounds – before his teammates were able to catch up to the play and rescue him.
“Typically p***Y behavior by the Maple Leafs, rescuing White,” said Flyers right wing Steve Downie, who went at White with a battle axe in the melee. “What, the guy can’t fight his own battles? If you can’t handle a beating, then don’t get on the ice against the Flyers.”
Old 01-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #275
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Lupul update:

Lupul: Injury was "Scary" Kevin Kurz philadelphiaflyers.com Jan 14, 2008, 1:54 PM EST
Lupul Flyers winger still not cleared for physical activity

(Voorhees, NJ) – Flyers right wing Joffrey Lupul remembers exactly what happened on the play in which he got hurt.

“I just could not get up. I remember thinking to myself ‘try and get up,’ but I couldn’t,” he said on Monday morning. “I kind of lost the feeling in my arms and my legs. It was scary a little bit, especially later that night and the next day when I still didn’t really have the feeling in my hands.

“It was kind of a burning sensation, kind of a pins-and-needles type thing in my hands and through my arms. That was definitely the scariest part about it.”

Lupul was hit by teammate Derian Hatcher, who was trying to make contact with the Toronto Maple Leafs’ Alexander Steen during a game at the Air Canada Centre on January 5. Hatcher grazed by Steen but ended up on top of Lupul and landing on the 6’1’’, 205-pound forward’s head, giving him a spinal cord contusion and mild concussion.

Joffrey Lupul is helped up onto his skates by trainer Jim McCrossin and defenseman Braydon Coburn after getting hit during a game in Toronto on January 5. (Getty Images)

Upon returning to Philadelphia later that night, Lupul was admitted to the University of Pennsylvania hospital and ordered to refrain from physical activity of any kind for two weeks. He is scheduled to see Dr. William Welch, a neurosurgeon at the hospital, again on Wednesday.

“It’s tough for me to really make a good assessment right now seeing as how I have not really done much for the past nine or 10 days,” said Lupul. “I’ve been doing a lot of relaxing and everything feels good. I’ll know more when I am allowed to test myself, exercise and train.”

Paul Holmgren is anxious to see Lupul get back on the ice, but he and the team staff will be very careful due to the severity of the injury.

“We will continue to monitor Joffrey as we go along,” said Holmgren. “Hopefully he can start to maybe do some light exercises later in the week if everything goes okay with his doctor’s appointment on Wednesday [he'll] get back on the road to recovery.”

Lupul, acquired along with Jason Smith via trade last summer from Edmonton, was playing some of his best hockey of the season when he suffered the injury. In the 11 games prior to when he got hurt, Lupul had 10 goals and eight assists for 18 points. He recorded hat tricks on two separate occasions, and is still third on the Flyers in scoring with 35 points.

Fortunately for the Flyers, players like Scott Hartnell and Steve Downie have helped to fill the void left by Lupul. Hartnell has eight points in the last four games (5g, 3a), while the rookie Downie has five points in the last five games (2g, 3a).

“It’s great to see the guys on such a roll right now especially some of the young guys chipping in like Downie,” said Lupul of the Flyers, who are 7-1-1 in their last nine games. “It’s been great to watch, and I am really happy for those guys.”

FLYERS NOTES
The Flyers had a complete day off on Monday and will resume practice on Tuesday at the Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone. … Hartnell was named as the NHL’s third Star of the Week on Monday.

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=349933