The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NHL
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #1
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default Were Back Flyers 07-08

Until the team turns it around we need a place to call home so here it is, they did make a blockbuster trade today with tampa bay.

The Tampa Bay Lightning announced that the team has acquired centre Daniel Corso from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for right wing Darren Reid.

Im sure everything will be ok now, we will go on to win the next 65 games to end the season first overall, and then proceed to go on and win the cup.

Last edited by Bronx33; 09-28-2007 at 04:57 PM..
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Well another one bites the dust, atleast tonight mike richards went out and picked a fight in an effort to get some life back into the team, it didnt work but hey at least he tried.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
The Tampa Bay Lightning announced that the team has acquired centre Daniel Corso from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for right wing Darren Reid.
You gotta give me a minute to soak up the magnitude of this blockbuster.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:34 PM   #4
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

I'm sorry to rain on your parade with that blockbuster, chad, but we had a much bigger one last year that most of the league is still pondering. We picked up the MIGHTY Jim Dowd. Still can't believe we let him go.

I can't bash Dowd too much, he did well enough.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

wow, that was a blockbuster, ive actually heard of jim dowd, maybe i heard of him in that trade, i dunno.

Anyhow the team is preping for saturdays game against buffalo, i can hardly wait, i only hope im home at 7 when it starts cuz by 7:05 it will be over. I for one am getting totally sick of the crappy starts followed by the team totally giving up. Even my wife comes by 2 seconds after the game starts and asks me how much im losing by.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

well good news, the flyers didnt lose tonight, they dont play till tommorrow but hey.

Pretty sad, i used to hate off nights, now i look forward to them cuz im pretty sure we have no way to lose a game we dont play.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:52 AM   #7
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

No real big surprise Chad. It was only a matter of time till this team crumbled. You have to expect a nose dive after a team drafts specific type players (huge, power forwards and defensmen) for the last 15 years and then the NHL wakes up one day and says, "I know, let's change all the rules to make the toughness disappear in the NHL and give the game to the speed skaters".

Now, imagine if the NFL just decided in the off season to outlaw the "handoff". How would our Broncos fair?

Anyway, this team needs to be gutted, and I mean from top to bottom. Trade Gagne, Forsberg, Richards, Nitty, Esche, Pitkanan, Kapanen, etc. Anyone who has any sort of value. Trade them all for draft picks. The blueprint is set. Suck for 5 years and aquire the #1 or #2 pick every year and draft skilled speed skaters. Pittsburgh and Washington layed the ground work. Let's follow suit. Our reign in the East is over.
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 01:26 AM   #8
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
No real big surprise Chad. It was only a matter of time till this team crumbled. You have to expect a nose dive after a team drafts specific type players (huge, power forwards and defensmen) for the last 15 years and then the NHL wakes up one day and says, "I know, let's change all the rules to make the toughness disappear in the NHL and give the game to the speed skaters".

Now, imagine if the NFL just decided in the off season to outlaw the "handoff". How would our Broncos fair?

Anyway, this team needs to be gutted, and I mean from top to bottom. Trade Gagne, Forsberg, Richards, Nitty, Esche, Pitkanan, Kapanen, etc. Anyone who has any sort of value. Trade them all for draft picks. The blueprint is set. Suck for 5 years and aquire the #1 or #2 pick every year and draft skilled speed skaters. Pittsburgh and Washington layed the ground work. Let's follow suit. Our reign in the East is over.
I think Pitkanen will be a very good player...Richards too, you should keep them. Get rid of the rest though, I agree.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #9
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

You guys would give up on Gagne too? I know he's having a rough go this year but he was so great last year. And isn't he relatively young?
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 09:09 AM   #10
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbrncofn View Post
You guys would give up on Gagne too? I know he's having a rough go this year but he was so great last year. And isn't he relatively young?
I believe his name has been mentioned in trade rumors....can't confirm it though.

I really haven't settled in on the NHL season yet (I usually don't till the Broncos are officially done) but this is looking like a very lean year indeed. Watched the game against Buffalo last night.....another loss, it was hard to watch. I think I can take the disaster better than most afterall, I am a Pirates fan.......I kinda sensed danger when Eric and Keith pulled the plug and now it's coming to pass. What happened to all the Phantom talent the team had poised to enter the NHL?

Where's the advil?
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #11
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Gagne is the most valuable trading chip we have. Yes, I'd trade him in a heartbeat for the right deal. By time this team turns this thing around, he will be Lanny McDonald old. Same goes for Pikky and Richards. Sell sell sell!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:26 AM   #12
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Flyers name Holmgren GM for the season

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=183853&hubname=nhl

"Paul has been working very hard and I felt that it was important at this time to provide him with some stability in his position which will help him with the tasks at hand," said Snider.

Holmgren was named interim general manager on October 22, 2006, replacing Bob Clarke who resigned. Prior to his promotion, Holmgren had served the last seven seasons as the team's assistant general manager. He was named to this position on June 14, 1999, after serving as Flyers' director of player personnel from August 6, 1997. He served over parts of two seasons as director of pro scouting after replacing Bill Barber as the Flyers' director of pro scouting when Barber was named head coach of the Hershey Bears on December 30, 1995. Holmgren rejoined the Flyers organization as a scout after being replaced as the Hartford Whalers' head coach on November 6, 1995.

Over parts of four seasons (1992-93 to 1995-96), Holmgren compiled a 59-93-14 record as head coach of the Whalers. He was re-appointed as head coach of the Whalers by team President and General Manager Jim Rutherford on June 28, 1994 after stepping down as the Whalers' head coach 17 games into the 1993-94 season to concentrate on his duties as general manager. He was named general manager and head coach of the Whalers prior to the start of the 1993-94 season. He was named head coach of the Whalers on June 15, 1992.

Holmgren served as Flyers head coach for four seasons (1988-89 to 1991-92), compiling a 107-126-31 record. He was named head coach of the Flyers on June 1, 1988, after serving three seasons as an assistant coach with the club. He was the first former Flyer to be named head coach of the team.

His international experience includes serving as general manager for the 2006 U.S. National Team for the IIHF World Championships, assistant general manager of the U.S. Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Team that competed in the 2006 Olympic Winter Games and an assistant coach for Team USA at the 1998 Winter Olympic Games and at the 1996 World Cup of Hockey Tournament.

A native of St. Paul, Minnesota, Holmgren retired from playing after the 1984-85 season, having recorded 144 goals and 179 assists for 323 points and 1,684 penalty minutes in 527 career regular season NHL games with the Flyers and the Minnesota North Stars. He was traded to the North Stars by the Flyers in exchange for Paul Guay and a third round pick in the 1985 NHL Entry Draft on February 23, 1984. Holmgren recorded 138 goals and 171 assists for 309 points and 1,600 penalty minutes in 500 games over parts of nine seasons with the Flyers (1975-76 to 1983-84). His 1,600 penalty minutes with the Flyers are second all-time in club history. Holmgren was drafted from the University of Minnesota by the Flyers in the sixth round (108th overall) of the 1975 NHL Entry Draft.

Paul and his wife, Doreen, reside in Somerdale, New Jersey. He has four children: Jason, Kirsten, Wes, and Greta.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:19 PM   #13
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

The Anaheim Ducks made two deals on Monday, dealing Todd Fedoruk to Philadelphia for a fourth round pick and acquiring George Parros from the Colorado Avalanche for a second-round pick.

WOOOOHOOOOOOOO the fridge is back

finally the team has some heart, altho i dunno if he has recovered from the caved in face suffered in this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfl75-WaV6A
Old 11-15-2006, 10:53 PM   #14
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

The Flyers have jumped on the Ducks 5-2 in the first period. Forsberg has 1 goal & 1 assist and JS Giguere has been chased.

This is gonna be a wild one. Two periods to go.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:04 PM   #15
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

2 things

first since the human seive robert esche is in net, this one is nowhere near close to being over.

second where the heck are all the people ? the front 20 rows look mostly empty
Old 11-15-2006, 11:53 PM   #16
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

5 goals in the first 2 shots in the second, keep up the good work guys, no wonder our record is so bad. And the stands still look empty
Old 11-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #17
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

well if this keeps up were gonna have to get the room renamed.

go flyers
Old 11-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #18
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

well its good to see that we can play 2 good games and then not show up for the next 2 games. but i think ive figured out the problem.

everybody on the friggin team shoots left, we only have 2 guys that shoot the "right" way and one of them is out of the lineup.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #19
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

you guys arent gonna believe this, i went upstairs to watch the game tonight, a few minutes late, and wheni got upstairs the score was still 0-0, every game for the past week we have fallin behind in the first 2 minutes of the game.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #20
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
you guys arent gonna believe this, i went upstairs to watch the game tonight, a few minutes late, and wheni got upstairs the score was still 0-0
Better believe that your team lost...AGAIN
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:02 PM   #21
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

al you missed your thread, i was actually asking where you were, like my sig ? i made it just for you
Old 11-23-2006, 01:39 AM   #22
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
al you missed your thread, i was actually asking where you were, like my sig ? i made it just for you
Good work, I actually like it. Maybe you should make one about the Flyers, and how they will beat the Sens for once in the playoffs. Wait...I forgot..The Flyers aren't going to make the playoffs.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #23
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

planning the parade down bank street are we al ? cuz you beat the flyers ? gimmie a break dood, everybody beats us this year, and up until now it hasnt really bothered me, but now that the broncos are starting to suck ass to its really starting to piss me off.

game note, todays game is a 1pm start not a night game.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #24
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

November 29) - The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have signed 6’3”, 230-pound right wing Mike Knuble to a two-year contract extension, according to General Manager Paul Holmgren. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

“We are extremely excited,” said Holmgren in making the announcement. “We are happy with Mike's play since he joined us. We think that he's got more to give to us in the future. He is not only a good player, he's a good person and a guy that we want in our organization moving forward."

“We (my family and I) are very happy,” said Knuble. “My wife and I love the area. The people that we deal with in the organization have been great. I love my teammates and I've had a blast playing here. Even with what has gone on this season, my family and I decided that we wanted to stay here. Paul (Holmgren) approached us about giving us a chance to stay for another two years after this year. It's great and everything that I could have hoped for.

"Whenever you have a deal in front of you and you can sign for a couple of years, of course, you feel more secure. It (the contract extension) allows us to do some things in life and kind of takes me through my mid-30s. I feel that I have a lot of hockey left. I really didn’t start playing a lot until I was 30, so I feel that I have a lot of years left in me. Hopefully, I will stay even longer than that."

Knuble, 34, has recorded seven goals and eight assists for 15 points and 18 penalty minutes in 18 games for the Flyers this season. In two seasons with the Flyers (2005-06 and 2006-07), Knuble has registered 41 goals and 39 assists for 80 points and 98 penalty minutes in 100 regular season games.

Last season, Knuble registered 34 goals and 31 assists for 65 points and 80 penalty minutes in 82 games for the Flyers. His goals, assists and points totals for the season were all new career highs. He was first on the team in power play goals (13) and shooting percentage (15.7% - 34 goals on 217 shots), was second on the team in goals (34) and plus/minus (+25) and was third on the team in points (65). He was the only player to play in all 82 games for the Flyers last season.

Over parts of 10 NHL seasons with the Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Boston Bruins and the Flyers (1996-97 to 2006-07), Knuble has registered 142 goals and 146 assists for 288 points and 322 penalty minutes in 610 regular season games. He signed as a free agent by the Flyers on July 3, 2004.

Knuble was originally drafted by Detroit in the fourth round (76th overall) of the 1991 NHL Entry Draft.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2871.asp
Old 11-29-2006, 03:36 PM   #25
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

even better news, the human seive robert esche is out 2- 4 weeks