The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 03:17 AM   #1
wolf754life
Anti Homer Board Director
 
wolf754life's Avatar
 
Sunshine and Rainbows Fanboys

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Del erious
Default Lets Hope the Genius Resurfaces!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10384551

last chance for him

i hope he pulls it off
wolf754life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 AM   #2
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
The window is open!

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10384551

last chance for him

i hope he pulls it off

I don't know about last chance. Maybe in the minds of more fans than care to admit it, but I don't think Bowlen will show him the door regardless of the outcome this season.

I for one am hoping to see some good old smash mouth football. I hope we run it down opposing teams throats over and over - and not get stuffed at the line every second play.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:30 AM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

This is not Shanny's last chance. I know you are praying he leaves but regardless the outcome Shanny is here to stay.

Besides the team is in the midst of a major revampment he gets another year no matter what.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:39 AM   #4
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,807

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

Royal, Marshall, Cutler, Clady, Young, Harris, Hall, Hillis, Scheffler, Dumervil, Moss, Crowder, Williams, Abdulah, Kuper, Thomas, and both kickers. 18 players with major PT that are all in year 3 or less. I think it's safe to say that Shanny is going to get another year or 3 to see how these guys play out. He's done a tremendous job of reloading the talent here. My personal opinion, we're a top tier RB and Mike away from the elite teams. Obviously we need some of the youth to pan out on the DLine, but I'm not willing to give up on Moss yet either.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #5
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often
 
Atlas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
This is not Shanny's last chance. I know you are praying he leaves but regardless the outcome Shanny is here to stay.

Besides the team is in the midst of a major revampment he gets another year no matter what.
What does last chance mean? If Denver goes 9-7 or 10-6 and don't make the playoffs is he getting fired? What if Denver goes 8-8 but really looks like they could be a team on the rise, which they obviously are? After all Vegas says Denver is going to win 7.5 games this year so if Denver wins 8 or more shouldn't that be a successful year?

Last edited by Atlas; 09-06-2008 at 07:59 AM..
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:00 AM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

I didn't look at the author of this article. Its Kizla worst writer in Denver. Very few people ever saw this but a few years ago Fox Sports RM had a show with Kizla, Hastings, and a few Broncos.

Well that year the Broncos were coming off another Indy ass kicking in the playoffs. Kizla had been slamming the team left and right. On the show it came up and Kizla said some BS and tried to brush it off. Well the Bronco (I can't remember who) pointed his finger and said I am one of those players you are ripping on how about you talk to me about it person face to face. Kizla just melted and put on an embarrassed smile and SHUT UP.

After that I have never taken the guys seriously again.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:01 AM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
What does last chance mean? If Denver goes 9-7 or 10-6 and don't make the playoffs is he getting fired? What if Denver goes 8-8 but really looks like they could be a team on the rise, which they obviously are? After all Vegas says Denver is going to win 7.5 games this year so if Denver wins 8 or more shouldn't that be a successful year?
I'm not saying its a last chance I didn't post the article. I am saying he is here until he doesn't want to be.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #8
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,703

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

It'll be a couple of season before he even thinks about showing him the door
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:34 AM   #9
broncos-rock
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,307
Default

Wheres the poll results for wolf ?
broncos-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:35 AM   #10
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
For two years, no Shanahan scheme has done so much as get Denver in the playoffs.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,530
Default

This is a typical journalistic article written to attract readers. Kiszla is NOTORIOUS for writing negative comments about the local teams.
This article is freakin pathetic though.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #12
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often
 
Atlas's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 18,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
I didn't look at the author of this article. Its Kizla worst writer in Denver. Very few people ever saw this but a few years ago Fox Sports RM had a show with Kizla, Hastings, and a few Broncos.

Well that year the Broncos were coming off another Indy ass kicking in the playoffs. Kizla had been slamming the team left and right. On the show it came up and Kizla said some BS and tried to brush it off. Well the Bronco (I can't remember who) pointed his finger and said I am one of those players you are ripping on how about you talk to me about it person face to face. Kizla just melted and put on an embarrassed smile and SHUT UP.

After that I have never taken the guys seriously again.
I wasn't really talking to you, Mine was more of a general statement. I just have Wolfe on ignore so I had to quote someone.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:02 AM   #13
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 392
Default

I am now fully convinced that Wolf and Kizla are the same person.
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #14
Play2win
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 9,628

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abqbronco View Post
I am now fully convinced that Wolf and Kizla are the same person.
I've been thinking that for a long time...

But its probably that one is just a copycat of the other...

which one, now thats another story...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
I wasn't really talking to you, Mine was more of a general statement. I just have Wolfe on ignore so I had to quote someone.
Again....did you write something, all I see are boobs.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #16
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Again....did you write something, all I see are boobs.
I like boobs
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #17
worm
Great moments are born...
 
worm's Avatar
 
...from great opportunity

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,899

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#20
Default

That gif must have all sorts of subliminal messages in it. Cant. stop. looking. at. it.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #18
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm View Post
That gif must have all sorts of subliminal messages in it. Cant. stop. looking. at. it.
I thinks its telling people to date blondes with big boobs
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #19
CasinoRoyal
Ring of Famer
 
CasinoRoyal's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
eddie royal
Default

Lol Shanny is like Iron Man as far as job security.....

Dude will retire or resign before he gets fired.......
CasinoRoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #20
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I like boobs
yeah they are neeto
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #21
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!
 
Ray Finkle's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I like boobs
They are fun....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #22
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

I named my wifes boobs.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #23
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,703

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

Roll em back up.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #24
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,823

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

I'm with Al Bundy - the perfect woman would have three hooters, one on the back for dancing.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #25
Bronx33
lets go partner
 
Bronx33's Avatar
 
Rumpson Rocks

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lakewood,Colo
Posts: 40,309

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:46 AM.


Denver Broncos