The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #51
Atlas
Draft Defense Early&Often

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Jackson also has major attuide problem and yet to show he can produce in the regular season. Shanahan made the right choice on draft day

BTW - John Lynch is plaing on PATS coverage teams. That never a good sign.
You noticed that too. I couldn't believe Lynch was on punt coverage. He is so slow. He had the angle on the punt returner and he just couldn't make the tackle.
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #52
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
Oh ok one made the starting lineup by earning it. The other made it by default. Eddie 1 Jackson 0.
Hmm. How exactly did Royal earn it any more than Jackson?

Royal "earned it" because of Marshall's pending suspension, D Jackson's injury, and the fact that Keary Colbert is another FA whiff.

Jackson "earned it" because Kevin Curtis got hurt.

Both players are in there because of their good camps and their team's limited options.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #53
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
You noticed that too. I couldn't believe Lynch was on punt coverage. He is so slow. He had the angle on the punt returner and he just couldn't make the tackle.
Shanahan made the right call. Lynch should have retired a gone into the booth.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:09 PM   #54
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Hmm. How exactly did Royal earn it any more than Jackson?

Royal "earned it" because of Marshall's pending suspension, D Jackson's injury, and the fact that Keary Colbert is another FA whiff.

Jackson "earned it" because Kevin Curtis got hurt.

Both players are in there because of their good camps and their team's limited options.
Wrong, Shanny in an interview said Royal earned it. Not because D Jack is "hurt" but because Royal already has a superb grasp of the playbook and is making plays.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #55
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

They need to justify his paycheck somehow.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:45 PM   #56
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I hope this is a joke.

Judging a guy by his special teams results....when he is relying of 10 other guys to actually do their jobs, which almost never seems to be the case....is just plain foolish.
Thats what I was thinking
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:20 PM   #57
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Man the Eagles look really good.

Their defense has really improved.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #58
Foochacho
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andre Hall

Broncofan7 after reading your posts I want to beat your face in with that case of coors you were talking about. F^ckin idiot
Foochacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #59
Broncosmang
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Crowder

Quote:
I won't be keeping a close eye on this. Royal was drafted to be a WR and has already broken into the starting lineup. Desean Jackon, well he runs back punts and pretty much thats it sprinkled with some catches of course.
Look I like Royal's long term potential, but you might want to check Jackson's stats he's been catching a lot of balls. He was also in the starting line up last night. At this point, I'd say it's a wash.

I don't know why we always have to take these comparisons personally. They're both good players.
Broncosmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #60
Broncosmang
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Crowder

Quote:
I'm amazed that he was on the punt team too. That said Jackson is a low 4.3 guy and not many people are going to catch him
Old 08-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #61
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosmang View Post
Look I like Royal's long term potential, but you might want to check Jackson's stats he's been catching a lot of balls. He was also in the starting line up last night. At this point, I'd say it's a wash.

I don't know why we always have to take these comparisons personally. They're both good players.
I am not making the comparison I have said they are both good. But Royal is better because A)He wears the Orange and Blue and B)He isn't a punk and works hard. Something everyone can get behind.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #62
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Is Jackson starting at WR?
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #63
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Is Jackson starting at WR?
As of now, yes.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:57 PM   #64
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Wrong, Shanny in an interview said Royal earned it. Not because D Jack is "hurt" but because Royal already has a superb grasp of the playbook and is making plays.
You're missing the point. Clearly Jackson earned it, too. He's getting it done so clearly he, too, has a "grasp of the playbook and is making plays". In fact he's making more than Royal, just as he did in college.

Sure, Royal may turn out to be the better pick. Then again, he might not. But for you to declare that one guy earned it and the other didn't is incorrect. Try again.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #65
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

You are missing the point. I was taking a jab at the Italian Stallion Bronco7. Not Jackson with that. He knew it was friendly ribbing.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:54 AM   #66
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
AND 4 catches for 67 yards--I like Eddie but all of us will keep a close eye on this to see how it proceeds throughout the season. In addition, Royal will have Marshall as his partner on the outside while Jackson will not have a player of Brandon's caliber helping him out. IF Jackson continues to out produce Royal I will be a bit miffed...
i could care less what Jackson does in preseason or thre regular season. Jackson is an unproven rookie version if Chad Johnson. Good talent but otherwise a douchebag.
Royal is a young speedy slightly smaller version of Rod Smith. Great talent and great attitude.
I will gladly take Royal on this team over Jackson.

Also the numbers will be different as Jackson will be relied on to be a number 1 WR while Denver has Marshall as a legit number 1, they have the best slot WR in the game, a great pass catching TE, and receptions from the backfield.

Outside of Westbrook, Jackson is the Eagles main pass catcher.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:13 AM   #67
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i could care less what Jackson does in preseason or thre regular season. Jackson is an unproven rookie version if Chad Johnson. Good talent but otherwise a douchebag.
Royal is a young speedy slightly smaller version of Rod Smith. Great talent and great attitude.
I will gladly take Royal on this team over Jackson.
The bolded statement shouldn't be overlooked. We already have one player who's got enough ability to be the best WR in the league, but we're all worried about him keeping his head on straight. So why people are getting caught up in the rigmarole over Jackson being potentially a bit more talented than Royal is something I can't wrap my head around. Royal is looking like a mighty fine pick too, it's not like we have a guy who has been showing nothing. I'm damn pleased getting a talented WR and return man that doesn't come attached with a ticking time bomb.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #68
Foochacho
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andre Hall

After last nights preseason game Mesean Jackson is already asking for a new contract and is also changing his name to Diez(which is his jersey number in spanish).

I'll try to find the link
Old 08-24-2008, 08:01 AM   #69
Broncosmang
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Crowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
The bolded statement shouldn't be overlooked. We already have one player who's got enough ability to be the best WR in the league, but we're all worried about him keeping his head on straight. So why people are getting caught up in the rigmarole over Jackson being potentially a bit more talented than Royal is something I can't wrap my head around. Royal is looking like a mighty fine pick too, it's not like we have a guy who has been showing nothing. I'm damn pleased getting a talented WR and return man that doesn't come attached with a ticking time bomb.
I'm still trying to figure out why Jackson has been labeled such a character concern. Everyone knew going into the draft that the big rap on him was his size. Jerry Rice thinks enough of the kid to mentor him. I think a lot of assumptions have been made about him based on his slide down the board. I live in the Philly area and have heard nothing but good about him since he's been here.
Old 08-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #70
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncosmang View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why Jackson has been labeled such a character concern. Everyone knew going into the draft that the big rap on him was his size. Jerry Rice thinks enough of the kid to mentor him. I think a lot of assumptions have been made about him based on his slide down the board. I live in the Philly area and have heard nothing but good about him since he's been here.
Talk to BPC, he was at the on campus workouts and had in depth talk with the scouts/coaches about Jackson. He actually posted in detailed what happened in draft forum. Executive summary Jackson and his father are real pains in the ass when came to playing time and how coaches used him. Plus he came off with major attitude issues at tryouts, showing up late and with a posse.

Maybe the slide down the draft helped him. But it is preseason I think he going to have a hard time getting off the jam and running slant pass (staple pass play in WCO) across the middle. Royal looks like has the strength to break the CB press and efficiently block up field which is requirement to play WR in Denver.
elsid13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #71
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foochacho View Post
Broncofan7 after reading your posts I want to beat your face in with that case of coors you were talking about. F^ckin idiot
Go ahead and take a swing at me the next time you deliver my pizza.......and remember, I said hold the anchovies.-the only thing you beat is that pathetic cl*t hanging between your legs...how about you go back to your bedroom in your parent's house and turn on the Bravo channel so you can sort out the inner turmoil that you must have while watching shear genius or project runway. Maybe you can write the Bravo producers and convince them to have a show featuring your gender reassignment surgery.....

Last edited by broncofan7; 08-24-2008 at 09:08 AM..
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #72
Foochacho
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andre Hall

How long did it take you to think of all that? I see you edited your post did you forget to add something? Your trying to hard and its showing. Don't make such stupid whiny posts about people we didn't draft and I won't have to murder you.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #73
Foochacho
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andre Hall

by the way wtf is Bravo? i'm assuming it is some chick channel like lifetime if so why do you know so much about it's programming?
Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #74
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Amateurs ...... here try this .....
Foo: Broncofan 7 , it is obvious that your dad jerked off into a flower pot , you are a blooming Idiot , dumb ass Tesican
Broncofan7: Foo dont be late with the Pizza , Cause if you are it is free for me and you have to pay for it , and I would hate to see you waste your life savings ..........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #75
Foochacho
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andre Hall

E fights are gay they can go on forever with no end and the same **** spewed out over and over. Thats why I said hes trying to hard it's funny how cool some people think they are after typing **** on there computer. He tried so hard he had to edit his post to make it look perfect for everyone who was reading it. He didn't want all his hard work ruined by a misspelled word or punctuation. Or he had to add some other fag comment in there. He just needs to except the fact that I would like to beat his face in like I originally posted, nothing he can do about that it won't change.