The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #251
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroncfan View Post
That might be the worst statement ever here. Whey were there the Gardener, Rice, Clarett, Carter, DWILL, and other questionable character guys signed? You couldn't of been more wrong.
Dipsh*t, Royal came after all of those guys. Shanny finally learned his lesson. Jackson was clearly the better college player but Shanny took Royal instead. Character was a major factor, and I'm sure size was a consideration as well.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #252
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
That might be the worst statement ever here. Whey were there the Gardener, Rice, Clarett, Carter, DWILL, and other questionable character guys signed? You couldn't of been more wrong.

TonyR's statement is true--the articles in the denver post indicated that one reason that they chose royal over desean was b/c of desean's entourage........
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #253
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I expect Royal to be third on popps list of people who should be blamed this week, aside from the people who actually are to blame. You know, Orton, McDaniels, pathetic playcalling on the defensive side of the ball, late in the game.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #254
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan7 View Post
...the articles in the denver post indicated that one reason that they chose royal over desean was b/c of desean's entourage........
Yup, I live in the Philly market and it was reported here quite a bit as well. Jackson is a bit of a punk but he's also a hell of a ballplayer.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #255
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
...list of people who should be blamed this week...
Lots of blame to go around. FG's instead of TD's and giving up so many rush yds are the big ones to me. I was hoping this was the week the offense would put up some numbers but it wasn't to be. We need to upgrade the middle of the O-line and probably get a better QB as well.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #256
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Dipsh*t, Royal came after all of those guys. Shanny finally learned his lesson. Jackson was clearly the better college player but Shanny took Royal instead. Character was a major factor, and I'm sure size was a consideration as well.
You POS who did Royal come after? A year or two? Did you not say Shanny chose character over talent? Or Did you say Shanny's last year chose character over talent? What was it you POS? Get yourself straight before you call me a Dip**** youFU$K.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #257
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
What was it you POS?
Sorry you got so confused. We're talking about DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal here, right? This isn't that hard. Shanny chose the character guy. Keep up.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #258
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Sorry you got so confused. We're talking about DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal here, right? This isn't that hard. Shanny chose the character guy. Keep up.
No You said Royal came after Gardener, Carter, Clarett and the rest of the thugs shanny has chosen. He has shown time and time again character wasn't a priority with him. Keep spinning though to try and make your argument since you have already started the back tracking.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #259
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Yup, I live in the Philly market and it was reported here quite a bit as well. Jackson is a bit of a punk but he's also a hell of a ballplayer.
We come full circle with the two players. Royal might have issues holding onto the ball lately but he hasn't been as a total a-hole as Jackson has been. Character does count it seems. Anyone see the Jackson "lowlights" from tonight's game? What a piece of ****.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 AM   #260
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

They both suck... lol
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:36 AM   #261
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

In the end, I'm not sure if I want either guy on my team.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:44 AM   #262
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
They both suck...
I certainly wouldn't say DeSean "sucks". He's a gamebreaker, a big play waiting to happen. But he isn't a Calvin Johnson or a Larry Fitzgerald. He's not going to make the big catches across the middle for you. But he does stretch the field and help everybody else on the offense in doing so. He let his contract situation effect his attitude and his performance this year. That's partly on the Eagles. They could have handled it better, like many things this year.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:00 AM   #263
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
We come full circle with the two players. Royal might have issues holding onto the ball lately but he hasn't been as a total a-hole as Jackson has been. Character does count it seems. Anyone see the Jackson "lowlights" from tonight's game? What a piece of ****.

Thank you for the bump! I've been thinking about the Eddie vs. MeSean debate during the last few weeks as Desean continues to implode.

I'm happy to have Eddie on this team and hope he can stay for a long time as a contributor. Not sure why other coaches/QBs haven't been able to utilize him as well as the Shanny-Cutler combo, but I've continued to enjoy his clutch ST production and willingness to just coast with the team without causing much hoopla. Glad not to have a diva.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:05 AM   #264
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

If Eddie just focused into a great punt returner/sometime WR, and did his real breadwinning on punt returns, that would be just fine for me. If he didn't have to "save himself" for his WR duties, and could go all-in for returns, I think that would be a boom for us.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:24 AM   #265
Shotgun Willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
I'm happy to have Eddie on this team and hope he can stay for a long time as a contributor. Not sure why other coaches/QBs haven't been able to utilize him as well as the Shanny-Cutler combo
It started before that. Around week 10 of that rookie season, he started to regress. Defenses figured him out and adjusted their coverage accordingly. He for whatever reason never adjusted HIS game. It's that simple.

When three different coaching/QB combos can't get him out of that funk, I think it's fair to say that it's not anyone's fault but his.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #266
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

the st louis radio is also talking about passing up desean jackson in the draft. They took donny avery. All of st louis radio is saying they are also glad they passed on jackson even though avery hasnt done anything.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:46 AM   #267
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Thank you for the bump! I've been thinking about the Eddie vs. MeSean debate during the last few weeks as Desean continues to implode.

I'm happy to have Eddie on this team and hope he can stay for a long time as a contributor. Not sure why other coaches/QBs haven't been able to utilize him as well as the Shanny-Cutler combo, but I've continued to enjoy his clutch ST production and willingness to just coast with the team without causing much hoopla. Glad not to have a diva.
I'll be shocked if Royal is in Denver next year...unless his new team is visiting.
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #268
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

BUMP.
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #269
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran