The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 06:11 AM   #26
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I just did a google search and found this:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Dracula

Eventually the vampire-hunter the Scotsman staked Dracula and knocked him into his own Pit of Death. Despite his body's destruction, Dracula's spirit sent his agent Comte St. Germaine to obtain the Amulet of Zarathos in a failed effort to resurrect him.

So some of that could be interesting - about the vlad - and if that's your own "world" that could be very interesting.

Did you ever see Dracula2000 - the movie kinda sucks - but the ending is what got me. Dracula - was Judas - that was his curse.

just cool and interesting ****...
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:13 AM   #27
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
Well, i can see how he was Weishaupt... But i've never heard the vlad stuff.
Take any notable character throughout Common Era history, and you can find a legend with him attached to it.

Right now, I believe, he's posing as someone named "Jack Williams".
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:14 AM   #28
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Take any notable character throughout Common Era history, and you can find a legend with him attached to it.

Right now, I believe, he's posing as someone named "Jack Williams".
lol -
Old 09-06-2008, 12:34 AM   #29
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

I know about supposed transmutation materially and spiratually.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #30
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

yawn
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #31
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
yawn
Thanks kitten.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #32
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Too many conversations with too many money grubby ****heads made me decide to rework the beginning. Got lit up and wrote this. Anyone got input?

Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"
God said to Moses, "I am that I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "
Exodus 3:13-14
Eh’yeh Asher Eh’yeh
Moonlight crystals slow danced their way across the surface of the water, gently shape-shifting with the lucid ebb and flow of the tides, and creating a tranquility reserved for this northern edge of the Adriatic Sea. From where Asher sat on his haunches, above the cliff face, he couldn’t hear the water gently lapping against the rocks below, nor would he have been able to. Lost in thought, tanned skin and sun bleached hair gently kissed by the wind and it’s sea-spray, his soft breathing began to mimic the steady shifting of the winds. The stirring behind him foretold his inevitable departure as Lance was saying his goodbyes, but serene green eyes remained transfixed on the water below. So many thoughts, so many memories, so many experiences of… this place. Whether they were for the better, or, most likely, for the worst, well, that wasn’t up to him to discern. No, fate would be the final judge on whether his time here had turned him into a man, or a monster.
A soft grunt escaped his lips with a smile at that thought. He had heard someone say that life was about the journey, and not about the destination, but his journey, the journey of the “gifted” had seen more imprisonment than freedom. And what would they say about the man that controlled both the journey and destination of others? Would the same infantile folklores apply? He shook his head, hoping to finally let himself be free, and to succumb to these gentle winds surrounding his body, permitting them to carry him across the winds of time to his fate. After all, simplicity was a virtue to the Hindus. A virtue that had not been his luxury.
A gentle touch forced a hum from his lips as soft fingertips crept across his left arm. It was a touch he knew well, and yet one he had yearned to know better through years of infatuation. The same touch that had inspired his actions of heroism with a more than modest aspect of boast throughout years. “Hey.” Her soft voice barely cracked through the silent night.
Asher slowly pushed himself to his feet before offering her a hand. She accepted, her hand becoming engulfed in his, as he looked down at her with silent admiration, nodding slowly. Quiet, demure, petite, no matter which adjective you used to describe her, beautiful had to be included.
Dark hair framed olive skin and sharp features that nervously smiled back into his face. Her eyes darted from side to side apprehensively as she spoke, “I just want you to know… I’ll be here.”
Asher cocked his head to the side, a strand of hair falling across his forehead.
She smiled now, light eyes that sparkled with intelligence shining in the moonlight. “I mean… I’ll be waiting here.”
“Why?”
“I’ll be waiting here… for you.” She reached inside the neck of her sweater and removed a silver ankh, the one he had given to her years before. She smiled as she held it, angling it to glow in the moon’s light. “So when you come home… you’ll find me.”
Home. The peculiar choice of words for their background escaped him. After all, could he remember anything else he could consider “home”? What truly constituted “home” anyways? One hundred things, followed by another thousand, to say poured through his mind. Only words escaped him. Emotion refused to let him speak the words he wanted to say. He could only smile.
And with the smile he turned to her twin brother Lance, the only person he could remotely consider a friend. It was time to go.
It was time to discover their destiny.
“Asher!” her voice called behind him.
He craned his neck gently.
Gracefully she swept a rose petal into her palm, and cupped it to her lips before gently blowing. The winds carried the petal off the cliff’s ridge and above the sea below, and steadily to the clouds above before winking out of sight into the autumn sky.
“Goodbye, Jessica,” were the first words his mouth had managed to create that night. “For now,” he said to himself as he disappeared into the horizon with her brother at his side.
Perhaps there was a place for him in this world after all.

The rose petal that had winked out of site, translucent and glowing in the moonlight, crept back into site, spinning and spiraling in it’s descent with wild abandon until illuminated to the point of revealing itself as cold steel, flashing brightly with every crack of maddening thunder overhead, until the steel blade sheathed itself in the earth beside him with a metallic sink.
After all, tonight was not that night.
No longer marked by the unaffected simplicity of youth, Asher stood, sprayed in blood from leather boots to now darker hair line. Smoke still gently wisped from the tip of the nickel plated Desert Eagle hanging loosely in his right finger-tips. “Solomon” was customarily engraved on both sides.
Limp bodies surrounded him as far as he could see, slain by his own hand. All carrying one common trait, a casually emblazoned triangle on their clothing, or a tattoo upon an arm.
Asher ran his left hand through his blood matted hair, sighing softly to himself in silent reflection.
A flash of light pierced the sky behind him, paired with a dull vibration permeating the atmosphere around them and illuminating the tempestuous night sky.
Asher didn’t flinch. “Gabriel,” he acknowledged, under his breath, steadily becoming aware of the dull aches saturating his body.
The slender archangel approached gracefully echoing the fluidity of his element, yet slowly and carefully lamenting the fates of the prostrated bodies strewn upon the earth at every turn.
“What are you thinking, Asher?”
Asher’s left handed scrubbed at his blood matted hair, perhaps in a vain attempt to scrub himself clean. The question seemed simple enough, yet Asher knew that with the ethereal, nothing was transparent. Carefully he whispered, “One-point-six-one-eight…”
Gabriel’s tranquil gaze turned to the fifty caliber pistol cradled in Asher’s right hand. Solomon. “You find that to be amusing?”
Now Asher laughed deeply, mouth splitting in a wide grin revealing his curiously sharp teeth. “And you don’t, little archangel? The ‘wisdom of Solomon’…” He dismissed the rest with a shrug, face still split with a grin. “I thought it was clever.”
“Asher,“ Gabriel sighed, half in response to Asher, half in his immersion with the fresh corpses to be found at every turned. “I fear the morning star shines brightly inside of you…”
“What if he does?” Asher growled his retort, smoothly cocking and leveling his aim at Gabriel, the last of the Archangels, the word “Solomon” parallel with the rough, earth below.
Gabriel’s eyes narrowed sharply. “Would you dare, little human?”
Asher spoke through sharply grit teeth. “I’ve never had the opulence of being the naÔve little boy you assume I am, Gabriel. Or did you forget, you put me here?” He rolled his eyes as he slowly rotated around the statuesque Gabriel, aim sure with every step. “My ‘guardian angel’ that ripped my childhood away from me and sold me into torture. My ‘guardian angel’ that released Lucifer’s lieutenants… the four horsemen.” Asher slowly shook his head. “No, Gabriel. You can’t play with my trigger and then blame my gun…”
Gabriel stood tall and unwavering. “The abyss brings perspective, Asher. Perhaps something of a trait that has become a bit too atypical within you.”
Asher’s head cocked to the side. “Perspective or chaos?”
Gabriel’s head dipped in a slow sigh. “You are more than this, Asher,” he said, gesturing to the lifeless bodies strewn across the landscape. “You can choose. Savior… or condemner.”
With his blood-soaked, free hand Asher gestured to the area around them. “Are you blind, winged freak? This is what’s become of me. Would you absolve yourself of any guilt?”
Gabriel shook his head softly. “If one must fall… then do so with honor.”
Asher’s smile broadened as he lowered his pistol, casually walking his aching body over to his sunken blade and removing it from the earth, deltoid burning with exhaustion as he aimed the blade tip at the archangel. “If it is your wish, my betrayer of hope.”
Gabriel’s wings arched as he drew his own sword. “You’ll find I’m not subject to your human frailties, your majesty.”
Asher’s eyes slowly gleamed yellow as his smile split even wider just a moment before the pounding of his feet against the earth eclipsed the roaring of the thunder overhead.
Celestial steel met heavenly metal in a brilliant clash of sparks as the two locked in an ethereal dance of death. Asher’s exhaustion soon took prominence as Gabriel pressed forward in a dizzying shower of attacks, pressing Asher back with every thrust.
“Be done with this, Asher,” Gabriel growled. “We can be done with this together.”
Asher panted, glaring back at the Archangel. Words were useless. Gripping the pommel of his sword tighter, he spit on the ground before the angel of water.
Gabriel growled, stepping forward and swinging in a brilliant arc, spraying a shower of blood as his blade bit through Asher’s face to the ground below.
Asher stumbled backwards, slowly raising his right hand to his eyebrow, now gashed through his nose to his cheek. Deftly, he caught his footing as his own blood dripped down his face to soak the earth below. Memories soaked his mind with an unrivaled rapidity. Jessica. Lance. He slowly shook the fog from his mind. The Count of Saint Germain had taught him too well. A childhood where toys replaced with weapons… No. He was the weapon. Now yellow eyes glared up at the Archangel before him.
Casually and focused he softly spoke the words Krishna had spoken an eternity ago, “Whenever there is decay of righteousness, and there is exaltation of unrighteousness, then I Myself come forth for the destruction of evil-doers, for the sake of firmly establishing righteousness, I am born from age to age. I am become Death, destroyed of worlds.”
And with that he moved forward, pressing Gabriel back in a flurry of heavenly feathers with grunts and growls belying the pain that tore through his muscles. Heroism, villainy, whichever it was that he was currently guilty of eluded him.
And as Gabriel lay prostrated before him with Asher’s blade laying across his neck the archangel whispered, “Asher… what have you become?”
Asher glared in response. “’Eh’yeh Asher eh’yeh‘, Gabriel,” he said slowly. “’I am that I am’.”
And the last of the four Archangels died silently, wrought with regrets.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:22 AM   #33
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Rev - i'm busy today/this week - going camping for a bachelor party.

But i'll copy/paste this into word and put on my phone - when i get a min - i'll read it.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:28 AM   #34
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

No worries, Josh. I had my ex in town so I haven't finished Mirror yet anyways, but that'll be done soon. Take your time and be thorough. This starts where the other leaves off.