|06-19-2008, 08:51 PM||#1|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: May 2001
Obama: the coming insanity working hard to destroy our economy further
Now, what will Obama do that will help the economy? One thing that involves less government control?
1. If he pulls out of Iraq he will save money in the short-term. I think the whole area is plunged into chaos, and that our word, and consistency will be seen as weakness by our enemies. Also, if Iraq slips into full-blown civil war – how would that impact oil prices? Can’t imagine that it would help in that department.
2. Obama’s talk about “shared prosperity” and eliminating the Bush tax breaks will not help us collectively (you guys that are Socialists at heart ) may like screwing over those big bad business and rich people who create jobs – I don’t. We already have the second highest corporate tax rates in the world. Even Russia gets it and is offering tax breaks to their oil companies to explore – I guess they won the cold war.
3. I like his ideas of alternative energy – but as he likes high gas prices to change our evil consuming behaviors – and as both he AND McCain believe in the global warming nonsense – I guess we are going to tax ourselves under this farce/faith with both candidates.
4. This guy wont drill anywhere for any reason will he? He is also against Nuke power from what I understand – so I guess we put on our sweaters and let Vietnam and China get oil right off our shores – as they would be so much more careful about it?
5. Obama is too willing to spend money and expand government to solve problems. Our problems guys are that our government has gotten too big – not that we just need more of it – or the right type of fascist state. The Republicans have fallen for this trap as well – buy a vote by competing in the hand-out game (and have been winning in that race to the bottom.) How many things does the government do well and for less money than the private sector could do -- if we let it? The same ones who point to the failure of the government with Katrina want to feed that pig even more? The other part of bigger government is the collective weakness it fosters by taking away accountability for stupid choices and general laziness (not just for individuals but also corporations) Those folks and business that become dependent on the government hangout on rooftops Before the floodwaters come crashing in -- with card-board signs waiting for Big Brother to save them.
|06-19-2008, 09:44 PM||#2|
Angling in the Deep
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains