The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 11:50 PM   #176
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I seem to remember a game in 2002 at Arrowhead where he went up the seam on a middle post route and completely outran your whole defense after the catch for like 50 yards or something.

And he was 34 at the time.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=221020012

This is actually a pretty awesome read. Griese was 30-50 in that game with 376 yards. Buah.

Last edited by Man-Goblin; 06-20-2008 at 11:53 PM.. Reason: spelling.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #177
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=221020012

This is actually a pretty awesome read. Greise was 30-50 in that game with 376 yards. Buah.
Oh ****. after further analysis, it gets better.

"After Sharpe beat three defenders for his first TD, an 82-yarder, he couldn't resist needling Kansas City's fans. He bent down in the end zone, unfastened some tape from his shoe and showed them what was written underneath."

Last edited by Man-Goblin; 06-20-2008 at 11:52 PM.. Reason: quote
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:54 PM   #178
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
Oh ****. after further analysis, it gets better.

"After Sharpe beat three defenders for his first TD, an 82-yarder, he couldn't resist needling Kansas City's fans. He bent down in the end zone, unfastened some tape from his bunny slipper and showed them what was written underneath."
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #179
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,831

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Nothing says Pinata like the Boob.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
Bobo really is like a pinata, think about...he's constantly getting beat on and his rather large volume is filled with candy, junk food and other assorted bull****.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...6&postcount=44
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #180
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I seem to remember a game in 2002 at Arrowhead where he went up the seam on a middle post route and completely outran your whole defense after the catch for like 50 yards or something.

And he was 34 at the time.
We had a pretty slow defense. That's not really an argument in Sharpe's favor.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #181
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
We had a pretty slow defense. That's not really an argument in Sharpe's favor.
Yeah. Anybody could have split the seam for 50 against that chef secondary.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:00 AM   #182
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,831

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Bobo spins again. He must be feeling pretty dizzy right about now.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:01 AM   #183
kmonty
BT Blogger
 
kmonty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Posts: 1,112

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sweet Feet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Here's another angle. Incredible catch. Sharpe couldn't do this. It also wasn't a zone defense. The corners were manned up. It also took an army of Chargers to bring Tony down. EPIC. Show some respect.

his teammate is tackling him too.

Even in the middle of a good play the Chiefs display incompetence.
kmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:05 AM   #184
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco View Post
or

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Every board needs a Pinata.

Bob hands out sticks when he posts.


http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthr...ta#post1292002
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:05 AM   #185
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Yeah. Anybody could have split the seam for 50 against that chef secondary.
Actually, it's true. We had the second-worst secondary that year. We had dudes like Quincy Morgan lighting us up.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:07 AM   #186
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,658

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
We had a pretty slow defense. That's not really an argument in Sharpe's favor.
Chargers D was a poor leaping defense. That's not really and argument in Tony's favor.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:14 AM   #187
Inkana7
Ring of Famer
 
Inkana7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 8,345

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I seem to remember a game in 2002 at Arrowhead where he went up the seam on a middle post route and completely outran your whole defense after the catch for like 50 yards or something.

And he was 34 at the time.
I also seem to remember him setting an NFL Record for yards by a TE that day. 214.

Gonzo couldn't do that.

Last edited by Inkana7; 06-21-2008 at 12:21 AM..
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:18 AM   #188
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Bob, you're a ******.

In other news, Sharpe is still better than Gonzo. I still feel bad for Gonzo, playing his career with the worthless chefs.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #189
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German
 
Rausch 2.0's Avatar
 
Angry Drunken German

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jefferson City, Mo.
Posts: 895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
In other news, Sharpe is still better than Gonzo. I still feel bad for Gonzo, playing his career with the worthless chefs.
And yet so much more productive than Sharpe.

Gonzo will break all of Sharpe's records and career stats while playing with inferior talent to what Sharpe had.

Gonzo's never had a decent QB other than 2 years with Green. Gonzo's never had a legit WR to take the attention away from him. Gonzo never even had a legit HB to make teams defend the run until Priest got here.

Yet, Gonzo still managed to bust Sharpes records. And it's even more impressive when you consider he didn't get all those playoff games and super bowls Sharpe had.

So, he's done it with less talent and fewer games.

Clearly, Sharpe is the better player...
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Rausch 2.0; 06-21-2008 at 12:32 AM..
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #190
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

This is a silly argument ... both are first-ballot Hall-of-Famers, but Shannon Sharpe will be better remembered for the Lombardis, his personality, that he made ALL the big plays leading the Ravens to the Super Bowl, and that he accomplished his numbers within an offense studded with stars. Gonzalez will be a Charles Barkley type who never won the big one, but had remarkable numbers in offenses with mostly pedestrian QBs and skill position players ... at least until 2001 when Priest Holmes finally broke out. He will be slightly discounted by those in the know because the chefs haven't had a really superior WR since Otis Taylor, or at least Carlos Carson ... so he had tons of balls thrown his way by mediocre QBs who couldn't get the ball downfield.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:10 AM   #191
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German
 
Rausch 2.0's Avatar
 
Angry Drunken German

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Jefferson City, Mo.
Posts: 895

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
He will be slightly discounted by those in the know because the chefs haven't had a really superior WR since Otis Taylor, or at least Carlos Carson ... so he had tons of balls thrown his way by mediocre QBs who couldn't get the ball downfield.
I would disagree with this. The fact that he had no HB/WR to open him up or distract a defense should add to his production.

Really, honestly, going into next year what scares the average Denver fan?

Bowe is good but he's young. LJ is still a stud but most people think a freak injury is somehow tied to his carries.

Gonzo. They'll shut down Gonzo and likely win.

Another argument I don't like is the "athleticism" argument. "Well, Sharpe was a better pure athlete." I'd argue the only pure talents at the TE position higher than Sharpe are Winslow and Mackey.

Even so that has squat to due with HOF votes. At least it shouldn't.

Bo Jackson was likely the most talented athlete to ever play in the NFL. Hell, Mike Vick was easily the most physically gifted athlete to ever play QB. Hands down. It was like taking Elway and then squaring him.

But who's going to the HOF and who's going to showers covering his @$$?

Production is what matters, or should matter.
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:12 AM   #192
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
And yet so much more productive than Sharpe.

Gonzo will break all of Sharpe's records and career stats while playing with inferior talent to what Sharpe had.

Gonzo's never had a decent QB other than 2 years with Green. Gonzo's never had a legit WR to take the attention away from him. Gonzo never even had a legit HB to make teams defend the run until Priest got here.

Yet, Gonzo still managed to bust Sharpes records. And it's even more impressive when you consider he didn't get all those playoff games and super bowls Sharpe had.

So, he's done it with less talent and fewer games.

Clearly, Sharpe is the better player...
Cause we all know every player plays for stats not rings. Just ask Marino.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #193
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
And yet so much more productive than Sharpe.

Gonzo will break all of Sharpe's records and career stats while playing with inferior talent to what Sharpe had.

Gonzo's never had a decent QB other than 2 years with Green. Gonzo's never had a legit WR to take the attention away from him. Gonzo never even had a legit HB to make teams defend the run until Priest got here.

Yet, Gonzo still managed to bust Sharpes records. And it's even more impressive when you consider he didn't get all those playoff games and super bowls Sharpe had.

So, he's done it with less talent and fewer games.

Clearly, Sharpe is the better player...
The fact he played with LESS talent around him, and with MEDIOCRE quarterbacks means he was thrown to far, FAR more times than he would have been on another team, say Denver. So your argument is pro-Sharpe.

THIS would be an interesting stat: Total number of balls thrown to each - divide into that number of chances the yards and TDs. Sharpe would almost certainly come out on top.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:14 AM   #194
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
I would disagree with this...
of course you do, you're a douche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0

Production is what matters, or should matter.
The warcry of the perennial loser. Championships, what?
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #195
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
The fact he played with LESS talent around him, and with MEDIOCRE quarterbacks means he was thrown to far, FAR more times than he would have been on another team, say Denver. So your argument is pro-Sharpe.

THIS would be an interesting stat: Total number of balls thrown to each - divide into that number of chances the yards and TDs. Sharpe would almost certainly come out on top.
Don't forget buff, this is literaly all the chef fans have left. It grates on them continuously that a Bronco is still better than the only thing they've had to cheer for over the last decade plus. I love this thread.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #196
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Sharpe was generally the third or fourth option on this offense.

Gonzo was #2 mostly, and before Priest he was option #1 alotta the time.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:18 AM   #197
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
The fact he played with LESS talent around him, and with MEDIOCRE quarterbacks means he was thrown to far, FAR more times than he would have been on another team, say Denver. So your argument is pro-Sharpe.
It's a wash at best.

Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:19 AM   #198
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,116

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Sharpe was generally the third or fourth option on this offense.

Gonzo was #2 mostly, and before Priest he was option #1 alotta the time.
Explain why he didn't have 100 catches in Baltimore, then.

Answer: He wasn't as good as Gonzalez.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #199
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

lol. I like how not even 1 Bronco fan tries to take anything away from Gonzo and what he's accomplished with a hapless chef franchise...but on the flipside, the chef pink pony riders just refuse to recognize Sharpe's greatness. That's ok though, I'll enjoy my back to back Super Bowl wins, while you try to convince us how high the great gonz can jump.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:21 AM   #200
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Explain why he didn't have 100 catches in Baltimore, then.

Answer: He wasn't as good as Gonzalez.
Sharpe SB rings with Baltimore: 1

Gonzo rings with chefs: 0.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Denver Broncos