The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 02:58 PM   #2126
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.disinfo.com/2011/01/cocai...istant-memory/

ScarfaceInteresting find from Alasdair Wilkins on io9.com:

The first ever vaccine for drug addiction has just been created. By combining a cocaine-like molecule with part of the common cold virus, you get a vaccine that turns the immune system against cocaine, keeping it away from the brain.

So far, the vaccine has only been tested on mice, but the results are extraordinary. Mice given the vaccine no longer exhibited any of the hyperactive signs of a cocaine high when they were next given the drug.

The vaccine was created by taking just the part of the cold virus that alerts the body’s immune system to its presence, and then researchers connected the signalling mechanism to a more stable version of the cocaine molecule.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:05 PM   #2127
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Old 01-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #2128
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.disinfo.com/2011/01/warni...na-of-twitter/

Warning: All 640,000+ @WikiLeaks Followers Now Subject to U.S. Government Subpoena Of Twitter
Old 01-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #2129
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://inhabitat.com/renewable-energ...ear-in-the-us/

Brit Liggett
Renewable Energy Now Neck and Neck with Nuclear in the US

New renewable energy projects are popping up left and right and we’re stoked to report that in 2010, the amount of green energy generation was finally on par with that of nuclear. According to data just released by the U.S. Energy Information Administration, nuclear energy generation and renewable energy generation both accounted for approximately 11% of the United States’ entire power supply in the first nine months of 2010. What’s even better is that while nuclear power is floundering, renewable energy generation is on the rise.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #2130
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://bigthink.com/ideas/26513?utm_...+Think+Main%29

Going Local to Break the Veil on Green Job Creation
Matthew C. Nisbet on January 11, 2011, 6:51 PM
Obamgreenjobsplant

At the Energy Innovation 2010 conference I attended last month, Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency Cathy Zoi said something that I found very interesting about Obama's economic stimulus package: "With 7,000 projects nationwide under management, the mystery of green jobs has dissipated... if we can communicate it effectively"

The conditional statement by the former head of Gore's We campaign signaled to me that the Administration recognized that more work was needed to not only sell the public on the benefits of the overall stimulus package, but specifically the energy innovation-related funding.

On this challenge, the White House could not have been happier with the front page spread at the Metro section of the opinion-leading Washington Post this past Saturday. Headlined "Obama gets a crystal clear-clear view of economic stimulus' effects," the article spotlights a trip that Obama made to suburban Maryland's Thompson Creek plant.

The family owned window manufacturer has benefited from booming sales, driven by Obama's tax credit for home energy improvements. The firm currently features 16 job openings on its Web site and has hired more than 80 people under a separate Obama incentive program that rewards employers who bring on people who have been laid off.

This type of localized communication strategy--communicating the regional benefits of a national program-- is what is needed more from the Administration. Only if there were more time to put Obama, Biden, and other Administration VIPs on the road.

The downside is that as I wrote last week, the revised tax breaks for home energy improvements, given their reduced financial returns, are not likely to generate nearly as much local news or public attention. With reduced financial stimulus will come reduced communication stimulus on the issue of energy efficiency.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #2131
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default The definition of made man in WRP threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPfloppy View Post
Wow man 84 pages. I guess this makes you kind of a made guy in here
This place is diaspora.

In the Catholicism this is purgatory a place that does not exist even in the bible.

Fear, ignorance, loathing and discontent live here.

This is that dumpster in back of a Seven 11 where the fellas hang out because it's all that they know.

The place is Zombieland where you get to be Bill Murray and play around too much, or you get to slaughter zombies, or you are the zombie you just don't know it. The Zombie kill of they day could be your favorite poster.

Who would want to be a made man here?
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #2132
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
http://www.disinfo.com/2011/01/warni...na-of-twitter/

Warning: All 640,000+ @WikiLeaks Followers Now Subject to U.S. Government Subpoena Of Twitter
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #2133
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default Agreed

Quote:
Good Morning Americans;

I wanted to address you this morning with the aim of driving progress towards a goal. This goal isn't "my" goal, but should be our goal. I need your help though in trying to get us to where we need to be.

There is going to be pain in reaching this goal. We are going to have to work for it, and sacrifice for it. We need to hold ourselves accountable, first and foremost.

This goal involves us evolving past the current state of affairs in which we find ourselves in presently. Through my own growth, I have moved through out different point of views, as well as looking at the world through others' eyes.

This is a time for work. Not relating to your job specifically, as this relates to the core items we need to start undertaking if we want to ensure our future. We need to grow up, and move out of the adolescence and selfishness we have grown accustomed to. Currently we seem to be in a state like teenagers. We have grown used to things as they are, but we aren't prepared for what is coming next.

We need to prepare ourselves for these next 30 years. This isn't about buying gold and silver...But it is about reclaiming responsibility and freedom.

This starts and the individual level. For those of you whom are very scared and worried for varied reasons: Crime, Terror, Economics, etc. I offer you no promises that events will be "peachy" and the world will be "awesome".

As stated over the next 30 years, there is a lot of work to be done. I want you to do things based out good intention. Don't be reactionary and do things about of fear or panic.

Fear and panic is part of the problem. Do things out of different intentions. For example:

With rising food costs, concerns over GMO, general economic conditions; many people are turning to farming and gardening. Everything from growing food in their gardens, to the urbanAG movement going on in cities and suburbia. Those embracing hydroponics for reasons beyond the typical stereotype.

If enough people grow their own food, the impact of the food "crisis" won't be nearly as severe. In some ways, what i'm advocating is that we do things that may seem the opposite of our conditioning: Hoarding, panic, disorder.

With all of this talk, speculation, commercialization of 2012 many people are looking for a magical solution to the problems of today. those people will become further disillusioned, as we have seen with the hopes and dreams that people have pegged onto political elections.

I find hope to be one of the evils in Pandora's box. This is where I decided to write you a letter:

One thing I've learned is that the future takes root in the present. What are you doing right now, today to make tomorrow better? What are you doing right now today, to get to where you want to be?

This is where it's time to go to work. This is where it's time to stop b****ing, moaning, blaming, and theiving. This is the time to stop being petty and to be adult. This is the time where we have to work to achieve the goals of putting us on the track of where we need to be.

If this means that we stop participating in the systems that have failed us, and create new systems to compete and possibly replace the failing ones - then we need to work today, and tomorrow, and the day after. You can't put 15 minutes into something and expect results.

Our short attention spans, our envy, our inflated sense of satisfaction for minimal effort will not cut it.

I'm engaged in setting up an expansive network of local growers, expanding the number of growers, and getting local business involved in purchasing localAG.

In addition, i'm working on getting a local currency launched in my area. I view this as a way to help stabilize a local economy, and helps keep things fluid in the local ecology.

I feel, as difficult as it maybe to suggest - and with the amount of time that has been spent on "language", and "rhetoric" in the past few days - that we all change our language. Language is more powerful than you may realize. If you change the words you use each day, the words you consume each day - the world will become different.

I urge you to expand your boundries of thought in reaching out to people with different ideas and finding ways to work together. You don't have to agree, that's the point and intention. The goal is to be proficient in your own mindshare to work with people and ideas that aren't the normal for you.

All of this takes work. If you are really serious about changing things, it starts with you - each day - everyday - to get yourself where you want to be. If you focus on going to work, and accomplishing these goals - as well as your neighbor, and my neighbor - eventually the changes will come to a position where we won't be participating in obligations that are currently failing us.

I'm going to work today: I have a business plan to write up, I have a few calls scheduled after work - and i'm installing an indoor garden for a client of mine who has his lettuces, tomatoes, peppers lined up for his pizza shop.

In addition, i'm also changing words I've used and focusing on empowering people each day to realize that most of the shackles are imaginary.

Thanks for your time...

Now it's time to get back to work.
I wish there were more people who stood up and stopped the bull****.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #2134
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Good Morning Americans;

I wanted to address you this morning with the aim of driving progress towards a goal. This goal isn't "my" goal, but should be our goal. I need your help though in trying to get us to where we need to be.

There is going to be pain in reaching this goal. We are going to have to work for it, and sacrifice for it. We need to hold ourselves accountable, first and foremost.

This goal involves us evolving past the current state of affairs in which we find ourselves in presently. Through my own growth, I have moved through out different point of views, as well as looking at the world through others' eyes.

This is a time for work. Not relating to your job specifically, as this relates to the core items we need to start undertaking if we want to ensure our future. We need to grow up, and move out of the adolescence and selfishness we have grown accustomed to. Currently we seem to be in a state like teenagers. We have grown used to things as they are, but we aren't prepared for what is coming next.

We need to prepare ourselves for these next 30 years. This isn't about buying gold and silver...But it is about reclaiming responsibility and freedom.

This starts and the individual level. For those of you whom are very scared and worried for varied reasons: Crime, Terror, Economics, etc. I offer you no promises that events will be "peachy" and the world will be "awesome".

As stated over the next 30 years, there is a lot of work to be done. I want you to do things based out good intention. Don't be reactionary and do things about of fear or panic.

Fear and panic is part of the problem. Do things out of different intentions. For example:

With rising food costs, concerns over GMO, general economic conditions; many people are turning to farming and gardening. Everything from growing food in their gardens, to the urbanAG movement going on in cities and suburbia. Those embracing hydroponics for reasons beyond the typical stereotype.

If enough people grow their own food, the impact of the food "crisis" won't be nearly as severe. In some ways, what i'm advocating is that we do things that may seem the opposite of our conditioning: Hoarding, panic, disorder.

With all of this talk, speculation, commercialization of 2012 many people are looking for a magical solution to the problems of today. those people will become further disillusioned, as we have seen with the hopes and dreams that people have pegged onto political elections.

I find hope to be one of the evils in Pandora's box. This is where I decided to write you a letter:

One thing I've learned is that the future takes root in the present. What are you doing right now, today to make tomorrow better? What are you doing right now today, to get to where you want to be?

This is where it's time to go to work. This is where it's time to stop b****ing, moaning, blaming, and theiving. This is the time to stop being petty and to be adult. This is the time where we have to work to achieve the goals of putting us on the track of where we need to be.

If this means that we stop participating in the systems that have failed us, and create new systems to compete and possibly replace the failing ones - then we need to work today, and tomorrow, and the day after. You can't put 15 minutes into something and expect results.

Our short attention spans, our envy, our inflated sense of satisfaction for minimal effort will not cut it.

I'm engaged in setting up an expansive network of local growers, expanding the number of growers, and getting local business involved in purchasing localAG.

In addition, i'm working on getting a local currency launched in my area. I view this as a way to help stabilize a local economy, and helps keep things fluid in the local ecology.

I feel, as difficult as it maybe to suggest - and with the amount of time that has been spent on "language", and "rhetoric" in the past few days - that we all change our language. Language is more powerful than you may realize. If you change the words you use each day, the words you consume each day - the world will become different.

I urge you to expand your boundries of thought in reaching out to people with different ideas and finding ways to work together. You don't have to agree, that's the point and intention. The goal is to be proficient in your own mindshare to work with people and ideas that aren't the normal for you.

All of this takes work. If you are really serious about changing things, it starts with you - each day - everyday - to get yourself where you want to be. If you focus on going to work, and accomplishing these goals - as well as your neighbor, and my neighbor - eventually the changes will come to a position where we won't be participating in obligations that are currently failing us.

I'm going to work today: I have a business plan to write up, I have a few calls scheduled after work - and i'm installing an indoor garden for a client of mine who has his lettuces, tomatoes, peppers lined up for his pizza shop.

In addition, i'm also changing words I've used and focusing on empowering people each day to realize that most of the shackles are imaginary.

Thanks for your time...

Now it's time to get back to work.
Did you write this Josh
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #2135
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Did you write this Josh
I did.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #2136
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPfloppy View Post
Wow man 84 pages. I guess this makes you kind of a made guy in here
Just determined to share...
Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 AM   #2137
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
This place is diaspora.

In the Catholicism this is purgatory a place that does not exist even in the bible.

Fear, ignorance, loathing and discontent live here.

This is that dumpster in back of a Seven 11 where the fellas hang out because it's all that they know.

The place is Zombieland where you get to be Bill Murray and play around too much, or you get to slaughter zombies, or you are the zombie you just don't know it. The Zombie kill of they day could be your favorite poster.

Who would want to be a made man here?

Cannibal Animals.....can-able animals...
Old 01-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #2138
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
I did.
Like - local grown

Like - local currency

Like - Living with Intention

Good stuff Josh. Good to see you posting here too.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #2139
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Like - local grown

Like - local currency

Like - Living with Intention

Good stuff Josh. Good to see you posting here too.
Thanks Baja.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #2140
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Also,

To anyone who gardens - or plans to garden. I also am selling a product that can help plants grow better.

It helps with soil and water remediation. Contact me directly for more information:

PM me...

Also - This does work. I have tested it out, and have had other friends use it and just works. It works for both soil, and water media.

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited by alkemical; 01-18-2011 at 07:38 AM..
Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #2141
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I'm working on a way to articulate this concept in a better way:

Fractals are a symbiotic language of art and math that reflect patterns of an object. The patters not only illustrate the archetypal foundations in the structre/biology of an organism, but also the patterns that can be related spatially (sp?) from behaviour.

Principle of this idea came to me many years ago, in which I realized all living things create a pattern of behaviour.

Example: ants build, and do what ants do. but if you examine a complex ant ecology, it's structures, tunnels, organization...are all scripted.

This can be illustrated with fractals.

I'm trying to articulate this subject in a clearer manner that is more easily accesible.

thanks for any ideas/suggestions.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #2142
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Alkemical? Autothonian?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #2143
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Alkemical? Autothonian?
?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:22 AM   #2144
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Cannibal Animals.....can-able animals...
Wandering the truth in search of self.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #2145
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Wandering the truth in search of self.
I've been there. Percival was my name once.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #2146
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default 2010 | Year of the Ghost

2010 | Year of the Ghost

Quote:
In the Year of the Ghost, though, human relationships are defined by databases. Acxiom, Experian, the Dun & Bradstreet and the InfoUSA. "Secure the list," as Karl Rove used to put it. Segmentation is an artform, and you have to truly hate human beings to do it honestly and accurately.

We get the leaders we deserve -- but that's not Karma, that's because candidates are tailor made to fit us. The 2010 Elections were a startling victory for political consultants, because it was a "Proof of Concept" illustration that they no longer need to rely on the DNC/RNC system for candidates. Rather than "positioning" damaged goods from a dying breed -- career politicians and public servants -- they can now focus on building candidates from the ground up. Mere campaigns are gone now. The Tea Party was a sandbox for product testing. There will be more.

Despite the hype about social media as a political force in 2008, the online platform that Barack Obama© hired Blue State Digital to create barely got touched this year. That's because 2010 was shaped early by two techniques that should be hopelessly outdated: direct mail microtargeting and meatspace ground game. This is where Karl Rove & Co. built their foundation in Texas, this is the jungle where Ralph Reed killed so many hapless Democrat incumbents. Power on this level is invisible and subliminal, a hidden priesthood lineage from Billy James Hargis to Richard Viguerie to Terry Dolan to Alex Gage.

The message is not all that gets focus-tested...goals need research, too. The real artistry is where political campaigns and social engineering overlap: finding the sweet spot where the vested interests of the wealthiest 1% can be positioned into wedge issues that motivate the bottom 99%. In this respect, 2010 was a triumph for invisible power. This year marked the conclusion of a 50 Year Plan and the emergence of a new American majority which has been built entirely by dead men.

From the top of the pyramid, there is no pyramid. It's a simple fact, but often lost on those of us watching from below, taking notes on the power structure and sifting through clues every day. The view from the cockpit is very different from what the rest of the plane sees. As Bill Moyers said of David Rockefeller: "What some critics see as a vast international conspiracy, he considers a circumstance of life, and just another days work."

What most Americans call consensus reality is a fabricated narrative that's been carefully tested and calibrated for over a century now. Throughout decades of focus groups and scientific polling and cognitive infiltration and psychological operations, the number one client has always been America itself, or at least America the brand, America the image. Making the world safe for Democracy. Everything is phrasing in the Year of the Ghost.

"Write the plan, position the client, write the copy, secure the list, design the package, supervise and generate some production here, and set up a system to analyze the response, to understand what worked and what didn't." -- Karl Rove

A free enterprise system, a strong national defense, and support for traditional Western values. Horrible things always sound so harmless when you hire professional copywriters. Is a New Populist Revolt on the Way? Well, Viguerie actually wrote that entire script back in 1984, and you can still get it on Amazon.

The overlap between marketing and politics is inevitable when both of them cater to the lowest common denominator and the biggest possible audience. History is full of marketing men who had successful careers working in politics: Walter Lippmann, Ivy Lee, Tim LaHaye, and the notorious self-promoting usurper Edward Bernays. Nothing changes, either. In 2008, Brian Collins and company won the Ad Age prize for Marketer of the Year. Their project? Barack Obama's presidential campaign.

There is more in this article, but it is a good read from my POV. Thanks again for your support.

I've focused more on education and finding solutions. Mirror Magazine is going to be relaunched and I have a pending distribution agreement with an entertainment company.

~Al
Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #2147
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Here's a great primer for the Prison Industrial Complex
Old 01-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #2148
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/stor...vhdc8pllQ.cspx
Old 01-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #2149
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/26270/?p1=A5

New Type Of Entanglement Allows 'Teleportation in Time,' Say Physicists

Conventional entanglement links particles across space. Now physicists say a similar effect links particles through time.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #2150
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
I'm working on a way to articulate this concept in a better way:

Fractals are a symbiotic language of art and math that reflect patterns of an object. The patters not only illustrate the archetypal foundations in the structre/biology of an organism, but also the patterns that can be related spatially (sp?) from behaviour.

Principle of this idea came to me many years ago, in which I realized all living things create a pattern of behaviour.

Example: ants build, and do what ants do. but if you examine a complex ant ecology, it's structures, tunnels, organization...are all scripted.

This can be illustrated with fractals.

I'm trying to articulate this subject in a clearer manner that is more easily accesible.

thanks for any ideas/suggestions.
Fractals describe anything that is self organizing and repeats the same patterns at multiple levels of scale. Blood vessels are very much fractal, to some extend so are nerve cells. Water currents are fractal as well.

The simplicity of fractals is that you can formulate a few simple rules, and from those rules you can generate a system that as it grows, always serves the perfect function. Look at a tree or a bush, no matter where you look, you always see thicker branches sprouting thinner branches, for ever and ever, it never ends.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote