The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #2076
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

none the less, it's an awesome read.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #2077
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
none the less, it's an awesome read.
You ever heard of the time traveler john titor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #2078
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
You ever heard of the time traveler john titor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor
yep.

also richard c hoagland always talks about the structures on cydonia - so i found the orignal story in context interesting.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #2079
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I don't believe this not even one bit...
I don't see why not. They provided photographic evidence of one of the Martians:

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #2080
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://naturalplane.blogspot.com/200...s-disease.html

CDC Updates Morgellons Disease Information Page
Old 09-11-2009, 01:18 PM   #2081
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
yep.

also richard c hoagland always talks about the structures on cydonia - so i found the orignal story in context interesting.
Hoagland is a piece of cheese, I just finished the book that whatshisface always talks about and boy what a waste of time. The man has little or no knowledge of physics or imaging theory, the evidence presented in his book is pathetic at best and it is no surprise that it hasn't been published in a scientific magazine.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #2082
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-2...raterrestrials

Two whistleblowers independently report teleporting to Mars and meeting Martian extraterrestrials

Two whistleblowers, both formerly involved in secret research and development projects undertaken by US defense agencies, have independently verified their secret teleportation to US bases on Mars, and to meeting intelligent Martian extraterrestrial life. Their accounts are now available on the Internet, and can be seen below in this article.

One of the whistleblowers, Arthur Neumann, is a former employee of the US National Security Agency (NSA), who until recently referred to himself as Henry Deacon for fear of retaliation by the NSA.

On July 25, 2009, at the European Exopolitics Congress in Barcelona, Mr. Neumann publicly stated, “There is life on Mars. There are bases on Mars. I have been there.” The following day, Mr. Neumann participated in Futuretalk, a Project Camelot documentary interview, in which he provided details of his teleporting to a base on Mars and participating in a one-hour NSA project meeting, which was also attended by representatives of an intelligent civilization that lives in cities under the surface of Mars.

The other whistleblower, lawyer Andrew D. Basiago, is a former child participant in a secret time travel project launched by the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). In a six-hour interview released August 31, 2009, Mr. Basiago “relates his experiences in DARPA’s Project Pegasus during the period 1969 to 1972, and describes probes to past and future events that he took via teleportation and chronovision during the early days of time-space exploration by the US government. “He [Mr. Basiago] confirms that the United States has been teleporting individuals to Mars for decades and recounts the awe-inspiring and terrifying trips that he took to Mars in 1981 after he was tapped to go there because he had teleported as a child participant in Project Pegasus.”

Mr. Basiago has also publicly confirmed that in 1970, in the company of his late father, Raymond F. Basiago, an engineer for The Ralph M. Parsons Company who worked on classified aerospace projects, he met three Martian astronauts at the Curtiss-Wright Aeronautical Company facility in Wood Ridge, New Jersey while the Martians were there on a liaison mission to Earth and meeting with US defense-technical personnel.
Am I the only one who thinks there is a much greater probability that these two were paid to make outrageous claims to make the conspiracy people look crazy than that their claims are actually true?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #2083
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Full body apparition captured at Gettysburg (on the right hand side)......real or not?

http://joshuapwarren.com/
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #2084
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Full body apparition captured at Gettysburg (on the right hand side)......real or not?

http://joshuapwarren.com/
Flashlight covers one guy, but not the other guy, filmed through a night vision device?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #2085
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I'd like to see "more" of the footage
Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #2086
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #2087
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Remains of strange creature found in Panama.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 09-19-2009 at 10:46 PM..
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 AM   #2088
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I had that up on my twitter & google reader pages...

Do you guys know the legend of the gollum?

They are beings created out of clay and they have no souls.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #2089
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I was watching a History channel special last night about the Templars fleeing to the US and about a Runestone detailing their arrival dated to 1396 found on a farm in Minnesota, but I fell asleep.

Got any background on that while I consult google?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #2090
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Am I the only one who thinks there is a much greater probability that these two were paid to make outrageous claims to make the conspiracy people look crazy than that their claims are actually true?
Definitely. In 1981 we couldn't even make a half-decent computer but we could beam people to established bases on Mars?

lulz
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #2091
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
I had that up on my twitter & google reader pages...

Do you guys know the legend of the gollum?

They are beings created out of clay and they have no souls.
The Golem? I think its an eastern European jewish myth originally, but I may be wrong on that one.

Am I entirely wrong if I say they are made from clay, have the heart of a dead man and an woken with some incantation and controlled by the holder of a talisman that is used to wake the golem.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #2092
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The Golem? I think its an eastern European jewish myth originally, but I may be wrong on that one.

Am I entirely wrong if I say they are made from clay, have the heart of a dead man and an woken with some incantation and controlled by the holder of a talisman that is used to wake the golem.
Indeed. Even the chinese have this same legend.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:37 PM   #2093
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #2094
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog...abilities.html

DNA has been found to have a bizarre ability to put itself together, even at a distance, when according to known science it shouldn't be able to. Explanation: None, at least not yet.

Scientists are reporting evidence that contrary to our current beliefs about what is possible, intact double-stranded DNA has the “amazing” ability to recognize similarities in other DNA strands from a distance. Somehow they are able to identify one another, and the tiny bits of genetic material tend to congregate with similar DNA. The recognition of similar sequences in DNA’s chemical subunits, occurs in a way unrecognized by science. There is no known reason why the DNA is able to combine the way it does, and from a current theoretical standpoint this feat should be chemically impossible.

Even so, research published in ACS’ Journal of Physical Chemistry B, shows very clearly that homology recognition between sequences of several hundred nucleotides occurs without physical contact or presence of proteins. Double helixes of DNA can recognize matching molecules from a distance and then gather together, all seemingly without help from any other molecules or chemical signals.

In the study, scientists observed the behavior of fluorescently tagged DNA strands placed in water that contained no proteins or other material that could interfere with the experiment. Strands with identical nucleotide sequences were about twice as likely to gather together as DNA strands with different sequences. No one knows how individual DNA strands could possibly be communicating in this way, yet somehow they do. The “telepathic” effect is a source of wonder and amazement for scientists.

“Amazingly, the forces responsible for the sequence recognition can reach across more than one nanometer of water separating the surfaces of the nearest neighbor DNA,” said the authors Geoff S. Baldwin, Sergey Leikin, John M. Seddon, and Alexei A. Kornyshev and colleagues.

This recognition effect may help increase the accuracy and efficiency of the homologous recombination of genes, which is a process responsible for DNA repair, evolution, and genetic diversity. The new findings may also shed light on ways to avoid recombination errors, which are factors in cancer, aging, and other health issues.

Posted by Rebecca Sato.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #2095
SPfloppy
Perennial Pro-bowler

Wow man 84 pages. I guess this makes you kind of a made guy in here
SPfloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:02 PM   #2096
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

i'm transitioning over to other mediums, but now and then i find some cool stuff that i think belongs here.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #2097
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://cryptogon.com/?p=11350

Augmented Google Earth Gets Real-Time People, Cars, Clouds

Augmented Google Earth Gets Real-Time People, Cars, Clouds
September 30th, 2009

The surveillance side of this is the chickenfeed. There’s something far more sinister than the simple surveillance… an angle we haven’t heard about yet.

Tice never did tell his story to Congress about this different aspect of the program.

Well, my guess is that it has something to do with providing surveillance data for this SEAS World Sim thing, and that individual Americans are being watched and potentially targeted with it. Tice’s background seems to involve a lot of traditional electronic warfare, radar and ELINT stuff. Maybe Tice’s deal involved the collection of the mobile phone GPS and/or triangulation data which would provide realtime spacial/geographic data to the SEAS system. In other words, SEAS sees you. They could bring up a map of a city and plot your path based on the information that your phone is exchanging with the mobile network.

—Synthetic Environments for Analysis and Simulation

Via: Popular Science:

Researchers from Georgia Tech have devised methods to take real-time, real-world information and layer it onto Google Earth, adding dynamic information to the previously sterile Googlescape.

They use live video feeds (sometimes from many angles) to find the position and motion of various objects, which they then combine with behavioral simulations to produce real-time animations for Google Earth or Microsoft Virtual Earth.

They use motion capture data to help their animated humans move realistically, and were able to extrapolate cars’ motion throughout an entire stretch of road from just a few spotty camera angles.

From their video of an augmented virtual Earth, you can see if the pickup soccer game in the park is short a player, how traffic is on the highway, and how fast the wind is blowing the clouds across the sky.

Up next, they say they want to add weather, birds, and motion in rivers.

They will present their paper at the IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality next month, but you can read a draft PDF here.

Research Credit: JB
Old 09-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #2098
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17884

Computer detects abuse before doctors

* 13:25 30 September 2009 by Ewen Callaway
* For similar stories, visit the Crime and Forensics Topic Guide

Victims of domestic abuse can hide the truth from doctors, but they leave clues in their medical records that a computer program has now learned to follow.

The program could save lives by acting as an early warning system for domestic violence, flagging up possible cases of abuse to doctors months or even years before they would otherwise be detected.

"You are potentially able to detect high abuse risk years ahead of time: you don't wait for a very bad thing to happen," says Ben Reis at Children's Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, who led the new study.

Though domestic abuse occurs in up to 16 per cent of US couples every year, it's notoriously difficult for doctors and nurses to spot, Reis says. Victims and abusers frequently make excuses for emergency room visits – saying that an injury caused by a partner's assault was due to a fall, for instance. Studies have shown that some go so far as to visit different hospitals to avoid a pattern of injuries getting noticed.

Doctors are trained – or required, in some hospitals – to be on the lookout for domestic violence, but isolated emergency room visits make it difficult for them to spot patterns that could be a sign of domestic violence.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #2099
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17884

* 13:25 30 September 2009 by Ewen Callaway
* For similar stories, visit the Crime and Forensics Topic Guide

Victims of domestic abuse can hide the truth from doctors, but they leave clues in their medical records that a computer program has now learned to follow.

The program could save lives by acting as an early warning system for domestic violence, flagging up possible cases of abuse to doctors months or even years before they would otherwise be detected.

"You are potentially able to detect high abuse risk years ahead of time: you don't wait for a very bad thing to happen," says Ben Reis at Children's Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, who led the new study.

Though domestic abuse occurs in up to 16 per cent of US couples every year, it's notoriously difficult for doctors and nurses to spot, Reis says. Victims and abusers frequently make excuses for emergency room visits – saying that an injury caused by a partner's assault was due to a fall, for instance. Studies have shown that some go so far as to visit different hospitals to avoid a pattern of injuries getting noticed.

Doctors are trained – or required, in some hospitals – to be on the lookout for domestic violence, but isolated emergency room visits make it difficult for them to spot patterns that could be a sign of domestic violence.
Not surprising. Isolated incidents which for the most part represent minor trauma are easy to make up stories for. In most of those cases Docs don't go back and look at previous visits since these aren't complicated medical patients with multiple problems but usually something more obvious like a broken bone that needs splinted.

The key though would be to get a universal health care record for all hospitals in some or another form.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #2100
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://mutateweb.com/archives/2009/1...ly-controlled/

Nanotechnology: Self-assembly Of Building Blocks Of DNA Can Now Be Easily Controlled