The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2008, 10:44 AM   #526
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post
have you been to the Pocono's ?
Actually, no, why? I hear there's "alien activity" there these days.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #527
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Actually, no, why? I hear there's "alien activity" there these days.

ya, seems things have been busy outside and around PHI too.

Nah, the article writer is poo - but i'm contacting this guy to see if i can talk to him and see if he'll go over his research with me.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #528
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

ya, seems things have been busy outside and around PHI too.

Nah, the article writer is poo - but i'm contacting this guy to see if i can talk to him and see if he'll go over his research with me.
Feel free, but if you really want to talk to a delusional retard, there's tons in this subforum.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:06 AM   #529
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Feel free, but if you really want to talk to a delusional retard, there's tons in this subforum.
This is where you and i differ....

Sometimes the de-llusion is what i'm looking for.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #530
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/5.12/science.html

When two protons collide in an accelerator, they are transformed into muons and other particles. One Russian physicist offers this analogy: it's like two Soviet Fiats colliding to produce a bus and a Mercedes Benz 600. That's the thing about high-energy physics: the total is different than the sum of its parts.

So it was in 1978 that when the proton beam entered Anatoli Bugorski's skull it measured about 200,000 rads, and when it exited, having collided with the inside of his head, it weighed in at about 300,000 rads. Bugorski, a 36-year-old researcher at the Institute for High Energy Physics in Protvino, was checking a piece of accelerator equipment that had malfunctioned - as had, apparently, the several safety mechanisms. Leaning over the piece of equipment, Bugorski stuck his head in the space through which the beam passes on its way from one part of the accelerator tube to the next and saw a flash brighter than a thousand suns. He felt no pain.

From what we know about radiation, about 500 to 600 rads is enough to kill a person (though we don't know of anyone else who has been exposed to radiation in the form of a proton beam moving at about the speed of sound). The left side of his face swollen beyond recognition, Bugorski was taken to a clinic in Moscow so that doctors could observe his death over the following two to three weeks.

Over the next few days, skin on the back of his head and on his face just next to his left nostril peeled away to reveal the path the beam had burned through the skin, the skull, and the brain tissue. The inside of his head continued to burn away: all the nerves on the left were gone in two years, paralyzing that side of his face. Still, not only did Bugorski not die, but he remained a normally functioning human being, capable even of continuing in science. For the first dozen years, the only real evidence that something had gone neurologically awry were occasional petit mal seizures; over the last few years Bugorski has also had six grand mals. The dividing line of his life goes down the middle of his face: the right side has aged, while the left froze 19 years ago. When he concentrates, he wrinkles only half his forehead.

Because virtually everything connected with nuclear energy was kept secret in the Soviet Union, for more than a decade Bugorski observed an unspoken ban on talking about his accident. About twice a year he went to the Moscow radiation clinic to be examined and to commune with other members of the brotherhood of nuclear-accident victims. "Like former inmates, we are always aware of one another," he says. "There aren't that many of us, and we know one another's life stories. Generally, these are sad tales."
Well, if the beam was only moving at the speed of sound all the protons would have reacted with the outer layer of tissue they got in contact with so that would be skin and bone, this would cause severe burning and should resemble an electric burn as in effect it is a short circuit electrocution that takes place.

Why the beam would only move at the speed of sound is a good question. There should be only little damage to deeper tissue and especially non-proliferating tissue should suffer very little damage unless it was straight in the path of the beam.

Considering a proton to be an object is erronous, protons as all hadrons are really a small field of very high energy density where quark-matter keeps annihilating and reappearing. Protons consist of millions of transient quarks and antiquarks and 3 constituent quarks, so when you collide protons with other protons you effectively create a temporary state where you have a super-particle that consists of 6 constituent quarks and millions of transient quarks and antiquarks, this is not a stable system and it tends to "explode" into a number of quark-antiquark pairs as well as lepton and anti-lepton pairs. If you really want to make a good allegory you should consider what happened when Randy Johnson hit that pigeon with a fastball, feathers and bird parts flew everywhere, which is what happens when you collide protons, the parts fly everywhere.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 AM   #531
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1010081650.htm

Mathematicians Illuminate Deep Connection Between Classical And Quantum Physics

ScienceDaily (Oct. 10, 2008) — In a seminar co-organized by Stanford University and the American Institute of Mathematics, Soundararajan announced that he and Roman Holowinsky have proven a significant version of the quantum unique ergodicity (QUE) conjecture.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 AM   #532
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80...yout-in-japan/

Mind-Controlled Video Game Gets a Tryout in Japan
Old 10-16-2008, 08:45 AM   #533
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/09/us...in&oref=slogin

On Parched Farms, Using Intuition to Find Water
Old 10-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #534
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.wunderkabinett.co.uk/damn...e-venture.html

Crystal Head Vodka: Dan Aykroyd's latest booze venture?
Old 10-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #535
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Mothman stuff:

http://www.mondovista.com/mothman.html
Old 10-16-2008, 09:44 AM   #536
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.wunderkabinett.co.uk/damn...n-special.html

In a series of essays published at www.solvinglight.com/blog/, author Robert Bowie Johnson Jr. presents evidence that Barack Obama is directly linked to Satanic teachings through his close association with Oprah Winfrey, who parrots and relentlessly promotes, worldwide, the anti-Christian doctrine of her guru, Eckhart Tolle. A summary:

Tolle's "Source" tells him and Oprah that the word of the God of the Bible cannot be trusted, that there is no death, and that he and Oprah both are as God, able to say of themselves, "I Am That I Am." These things that the "Source" has told Tolle and Oprah are the same things the ancient serpent told Eve in the garden. According to Scripture, Satan is another name for the ancient serpent.

"The voting public has a right to know to what degree Barack Obama, who has called himself a 'committed Christian,' considers himself and his wife to be integral parts of Oprah's and Tolle's New Age global tribe, a tribe that has adopted the "wisdom" of the ancient serpent as its own," Mr. Johnson said.

Warning: This blog entry was brought to you for entertainment purposes only and should not influence the way you vote. Although, that said, some people are probably making their minds up on far less sensible grounds, so who am I to judge?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #537
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Hey, have you seen the History channel's special on locating the Garden of Eden? Awesome work on that special.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:07 AM   #538
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Hey, have you seen the History channel's special on locating the Garden of Eden? Awesome work on that special.
No, i haven't.

I don't get much time in front of the TV.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #539
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.mindhacks.com/blog/2008/1..._of_shrin.html

The science of shrinking human heads:
Old 10-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #540
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.russia-ic.com/news/show/7139

Amazing enormous constructions of stone - megaliths - some of them weighing up to 20 tons, were erected in the Isle of Vera, Lake Turgoyak of Chelyabinsk Region.

Researchers have long tried to solve the puzzle of this enigmatic structure. Cooperation of archaeologists and divers has allowed finding out a lot of new things and create many more questions.

“First divers went underwater around Turgoyak Lake and then we followed them” - scientist Stanislav Grigoryev says - “the greatest sensation was to see a megalith at the depth of about two meters under water surface. The point is it had been practically impossible to create it underwater. It means that in those times there was a neck of land here and the present day island was a peninsula. During close examination we found some parts that remind of hand-made blockwork”.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #541
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7669264.stm

Spain has returned some 243 priceless artefacts to Peru, more than a decade after they came to light at an exhibition in north-western Spain.

The objects were among hundreds of pieces exhibited in 1997 by a private collector, who still claims ownership of them.

They date from before the arrival of Christopher Columbus in 1492.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #542
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
No, i haven't.

I don't get much time in front of the TV.
They saved the best for last and much of it was common knowledge, but in summary:

They went over the book of genesis, and then into different Hebrew midrashes and Adam's first wife.

Then they went into historical quests for the garden, from the Crusades, to Marco Polo, to Christopher Columbus and Ponce de Leon.

Then they went into the discovery of Sumerian tablets and how they found that the flood story, Garden of Eden, tree of life and the serpent were stolen from Mesopotamian folklore and the relationship between the serpent and Tiamat.

My favorite part because it was news to me: Then they showed through satellite imaging how at roughly 7000 BCE the Persian Gulf would've been dry land... a valley specifically, and that's where the Tigris, Euphrates, Pishon and Gihon (last two have since been dried, but the sat view shows their past existence) intersect. Anyways, at roughly the time the Sumerians claim in Gilgamesh, glacial melting rose the sea levels, but because it was of its geographical surroundings, instead of a steady sinking, it would've came in a violent flood.

They also mentioned the tree of knowledge representing agriculture and that it made men like God because we could now control plants. And that we could never go back because you couldn't return to a hunting/gathering society.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 AM   #543
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.examiner.com/x-504-Space-...ng-out-in-Peru

No aliens in Alabama because they're hanging out in Peru?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #544
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
They saved the best for last and much of it was common knowledge, but in summary:

They went over the book of genesis, and then into different Hebrew midrashes and Adam's first wife.

Then they went into historical quests for the garden, from the Crusades, to Marco Polo, to Christopher Columbus and Ponce de Leon.

Then they went into the discovery of Sumerian tablets and how they found that the flood story, Garden of Eden, tree of life and the serpent were stolen from Mesopotamian folklore and the relationship between the serpent and Tiamat.

My favorite part because it was news to me: Then they showed through satellite imaging how at roughly 7000 BCE the Persian Gulf would've been dry land... a valley specifically, and that's where the Tigris, Euphrates, Pishon and Gihon (last two have since been dried, but the sat view shows their past existence) intersect. Anyways, at roughly the time the Sumerians claim in Gilgamesh, glacial melting rose the sea levels, but because it was of its geographical surroundings, instead of a steady sinking, it would've came in a violent flood.

They also mentioned the tree of knowledge representing agriculture and that it made men like God because we could now control plants. And that we could never go back because you couldn't return to a hunting/gathering society.

Interesting...

artist - paul laffoley thinks the tree of life is the ginko plant... ;o)

Tree of knowledge.... apple tree
Old 10-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #545
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Interesting...

artist - paul laffoley thinks the tree of life is the ginko plant... ;o)

Tree of knowledge.... apple tree
Apple=evil, I know, but the christian/jewish variation of the story has it's own twists from it's sumerian predecessor, which also might be a variation of an original... who knows?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #546
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Thought you might find this interesting.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/10/13...art/index.html
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #547
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post

Sweet jesus, it's gonna be such an amazing world in 30 years.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #548
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Apple=evil, I know, but the christian/jewish variation of the story has it's own twists from it's sumerian predecessor, which also might be a variation of an original... who knows?
You are going to laugh at this -

But man when i was 19 - i did all the comparative religion thing... I figured out that the 3 major religions all came from somewhere originally - I mean they can't have that much similarity.....

EVE-L
Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #549
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Sweet jesus, it's gonna be such an amazing world in 30 years.
It's crazy. Maybe we'll actually start properly funding some of this stuff and we can have it in 15 years instead.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #550
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post

cool ass ****