The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #426
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
This one is absolutely awesome, dude. Keep up the good work of finding all this!
I love...possibility - you know. I'd rather read news like this than all the other garbage.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:56 AM   #427
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_10516691

SANTA CRUZ -- Police raided a Westside house Friday morning where they suspected people were producing opiates and arrested a UC Santa Cruz doctoral candidate who said he used dried poppy pods to flavor home-brewed beer a month ago.

"All I did was make a poppy beer," said Chad Renzelman, 28, who was arrested at his Bay Street home Friday. "I spent all morning in jail for brewing beer. I had no idea what I was doing was illegal."

But police reported that Renzelman, who studies chemistry, allegedly had used a chemical process to extract opium from poppy plant pods, then converted the opium to morphine.

Morphine is the active opiate in heroin.

Police reported finding a pressurized canister of homemade beer laced with morphine in Renzelman's garage, as well as lab equipment contaminated with opium alkaloids and other hazardous chemicals.

Renzelman said in a phone interview Friday that he bought the dried poppy pods on eBay and used them more than a month ago to make beer. He and some friends have a "home-brew co-op" and brew beer together on the weekends.

"Then we just have it always for us to drink," he said.

Other recent brews have included a chocolate mint stout and a mango blonde ale. The poppy beer has since been consumed, he said.

"We make a different beer every week. Poppy beer just happened to be one of them," he said. "It was a little

stronger. It had a kick to it but it wasn't anything horrible."

Police suspected the poppies were used in the beer production, but that's still illegal, Capt. Steve Clark said.

Police got a search warrant after informants tipped them off to suspected poppy processing at the house, Clark said. Renzelman said he thinks officers found the poppy stems he put in the trash last month.

"I guess they've just been brewing on this for a while," he said.

Friday afternoon, lab investigators from the state Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement, chemists from the state Department of Justice and officials from county Environmental Health were called to survey Renzelman's backyard because police suspected he was dumping hazardous poppy waste there.

Renzelman said they were wearing hazmat suits and digging through his compost pile, where he disposes of the spent grain from his beer-making.

Police reported that the hazardous material was cleaned up and there was no danger to surrounding homes.

Renzelman was not growing plants.

However, just having poppy plants in a flower bed is technically a violation, though officers usually just seize the plants without making any arrests.

"It's pretty common for people to grow poppy flowers around the city because they're pretty," Clark said.

Renzelman was arrested on suspicion of possessing and manufacturing a controlled substance.

If convicted, Renzelman faces up to seven years in prison.
Contact Jennifer Squires at 429-2449 or jsquires@santacruzsentinel.com.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #428
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.disinfo.com/content/story...ho-Saved-World

http://www.cracked.com
Posted by EasyRider 7 days ago View profile
Gavin Fyhrie on Cracked.com:

JFK? You've heard about him. Caesar? Got his own salad. History is stuffed with famous warriors and mad geniuses who are just waiting to be played by Russel Crowe, or at least, Ben Affleck. This article isn't about them. This is about the little guys who wandered onto History's highway and managed to do something that changed the world for the better, and in a huge way.

The Security Guard Who Brought Down a President

There you are, getting ready for work, brushing your teeth, staring at the mirror, wondering if anyone is going to notice that zit, and then this thought pops into your head: "Today, I'm going to accidentally bring down the American government."

Never happened to you? Security guard Frank Wills had no early warning either. With a hefty paycheck of $80 a week, Wills might have had good reason to believe he was well out of History's high beams. In 1972, while patrolling the offices where the Democratic National Headquarters was, he noticed that little strips of tape was holding a few doors open. He tore them off. Coming back later, he saw that the tape had been replaced and, he called the police.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #429
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=9068198&nav=0RY5

State Rep. proposes voluntary sterilization for poor

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Blood pressure is rising in the public debate over a plan by one Louisiana representative offering what some might call a bizarre way to fight poverty.

Representative John LaBruzzo of Metairie wants to pay poor people to get sterilized and reward rich people for having children. His proposal is already fueling heated debate.

"How can these people qualify for food stamps with $40,000 cars that I can't afford and I'm paying taxes?" LaBruzzo asks. Since hurricanes Gustav and Ike, LaBruzzo says his constituents have been calling him, angry about people they say rely on the government for handouts. "We need to deal with this before it explodes," he says

So, he is toying with his own solution. He has come up with the idea of voluntary sterilization for the poor. As a reward, they would get $1,000 from the state government. "If we don't break generational welfare trend, lot of people feel taken advantage of, then another problem on our hands." LaBruzzo is also thinking about proposing tax incentives for people not on welfare to encourage them to have children. "So many people on the other side of the political spectrum are pro-choice. Well, let's give these people the ability to choose."
Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #430
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008...dy-by-2013.php

Portable Backyard Nuclear Reactors Ready to be Installed by 2013

Old 09-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #431
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Have you come across this site before?

http://www.damninteresting.com/

We seem to have a lot of similar tastes in articles so you might like that place. It's a batch of articles on historical stuff that isn't really known or talked about. The writing is very good and often adds a little spice of humor. The latest article discusses a plan in the early 20th century to damn the Mediterranean to increase European land mass and to displace the African natives with Europeans (via land bridge from Sicily, now connected to Italy by land because of the damn, to Tripoli). It had a lot of major support at one time but obviously failed. Now you never even hear about it. That's the kind of articles they write.

Last edited by snowspot66; 09-29-2008 at 08:32 AM..
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #432
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
Have you come across this site before?

http://www.damninteresting.com/

We seem to have a lot of similar tastes in articles so you might like that place. It's a batch of articles on historical stuff that isn't really known or talked about. The writing is very good and often adds a little spice of humor. The latest article discusses a plan in the early 20th century to damn the Mediterranean to increase European land mass and to displace the African natives with Europeans (via land bridge from Sicily, now connected to Italy by land because of the damn, to Tripoli). It had a lot of major support at one time but obviously failed. Now you never even hear about it. That's the kind of articles they write.
Yep, i used to go there a lot before - i think my bookmarks got jacked when i tried to be to cute with them during a restore sometime ago.

Thanks though for the re-link-link.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:57 AM   #433
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/uf...foaleman_3.htm

Early Development

The SS E-IV (Entwicklungsstelle 4), a development unit of the SS occult “Order of the Black Sun” was tasked with researching alternative energies to make the Third Reich independent of scarce fuel oil for war production. Their work included developing alternative energies and fuels.

This group developed by 1939 a revolutionary electro-magnetic-gravitic engine which improved Hans Coler’s free energy machine into an energy Konverter coupled to a Van De Graaf band generator and Marconi vortex dynamo (a spherical tank of mercury) to create powerful rotating electromagnetic fields that affected gravity and reduced mass. It was designated the Thule Triebwerk (Thrustwork, a.ka. Tachyonator-7 drive) and was to be installed into a Thule designed disc.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #434
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

It's almost sad that those science teams they put together were divided up between the US and Russia. They really came up with some crazy ass stuff. I wonder if anything would have come of it all if they had been allowed to keep working.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:09 AM   #435
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
It's almost sad that those science teams they put together were divided up between the US and Russia. They really came up with some crazy ass stuff. I wonder if anything would have come of it all if they had been allowed to keep working.
Maybe...they did....

I'm interested in the Nazi-lore of technology and the escape of individuals. Understand i'm not a sympathizer - but actually interested in some of this stuff. it's amazing how...ritualized the Nazi empire was. I mean, they were very esoteric in their order and structure, etc.

Now about the nazi UFO's - here's some other interesting tidbits to throw:

http://www.rense.com/general82/crowl.htm

Secret Agent 666 - Aleister
Crowley, British Intelligence
And The Occult

http://www.boudillion.com/lam/lam.htm

Who is Lam?:

It is interesting to note that since Crowley's time, in occult terms at least, Lam is considered a class of entity rather than an individual being. When one invokes Lam, they are invoking an entity of that type, rather than a specific being. For occultists operating along O.T.O. lines, the idea is to invoke these Lam entities through Magickal Portals (intentionally created rents in time and space) into physical manifestation on planet earth. Why this is desirable is not always so clearly stated. (It often appears that within Crowleyian circles the working rule is often: "If Crowley did it, I want to do it, too.")

Michael Bertiaux, a Lam contactee and invoker of note, viewed Lam as the "subterranean burgeoning of Lucifer-Gnosis." Considering that Gnosis means an intuitive knowing, this would mean that knowing Lam is to know a welling-up from the unconscious of an inner knowing of Lucifer. (The Occult being the occult, it is important to bear in mind that occultists at least may not necessarily see Lucifer as the devil, but rather as a "light bringer" who fell to earth.)

Bertiaux goes on to say that Lam is the natural mode of human evolution in the present Aeon - indicating that to him and his followers this Lucifer-Gnosis is the appropriate path of human spiritual growth at this time.

Cowley termed the intentional cultivation of spiritual growth the "Great Work." And the Great work for Crowley, "...involved precisely the establishment of contact with non-human intelligences." Intelligences such as Lam. Using the language of Crowley's time, certain non-human intelligences such as Lam were what we today would term "extraterrestrial."
Old 09-29-2008, 09:10 AM   #436
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/gbase/cu...tent?oid=47018

Mysteries in the Mountains

A real-life Twilight Zone may exist in Southeastern Arizona near the Mexican border.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #437
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.physorg.com/news141581384.html

While almost everybody knows how Einstein revolutionized physics with his theories of relativity, many people may not know that the great scientist had a domestic side, too. Well, sort of - in 1930, Einstein and his former student Leo Szilard designed a refrigerator that required no electricity and had no moving parts. However, as refrigerator technology became more efficient, Einstein's design was nearly forgotten.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:21 AM   #438
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://technology.newscientist.com/a...mg19125681.400

The trip from London to Havant on the south coast of England is like travelling through time. I sit in an air-conditioned train, on tracks first laid 150 years ago, passing roads that were known to the Romans. At one point, I pick out a canal boat, queues of cars and the trail from a high-flying jet - the evolution of mechanised travel in a single glance.

But evolution has a habit of springing surprises. Waiting at my destination is a man who would put an end to mechanised travel. Roger Shawyer has developed an engine with no moving parts that he believes can replace rockets and make trains, planes and automobiles obsolete. "The end of wings and wheels" is how he puts it. It's a bold claim. (Too bold? See the later feedback here and here)

Of course, any crackpot can rough out plans for a warp drive. What they never show you is evidence that it works. Shawyer is different. He has built a working prototype to test his ideas, and as a respected spacecraft engineer he has persuaded the British government to fund his work. Now organisations from other parts of the world, including the US air force and the Chinese government, are beating a path to his tiny company.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #439
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://chronicle.com/temp/reprint.ph...k5fsvdw0yk8136

Against Intuition

Experimental philosophers emerge from the shadows, but skeptics still ask: Is this philosophy?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #440
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Earth...es-94392.shtml

Earth's Poles Are Shifting to New Coordinates
Lava flows underneath the planet's crust show reasons for polar shift
Old 09-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #441
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer

This space for rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post

That could certainly cause a 'climate change'
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #442
c_lazy_r
Speak Softly and...

Carry a Big Stick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bobby Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by amesj523 View Post

That would sure blow a hole in the hollow earth theory, huh?
c_lazy_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #443
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeskey View Post
I've been thinking about this for some time....

I've been reading about how the sun might change....If the sun changes, how will the world evolve - people/plants/animals/etc? I sort of subscribe to the Microorganism idea of earth......

If the "light" changes (wavelength), what sort of impact will that have on our brains. (You know how your brain is alpha, beta, etc) -
Old 09-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #444
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_lazy_r View Post
Not unless those a-holes are up to this....
Old 09-30-2008, 01:04 PM   #445
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.philipcoppens.com/cc_timewave.html

Crop Circles: Messages From the TimeWave?

As 2012 approaches, the expectation of a global paradigm shift grows. Modern anomalous phenomena like UFOs and crop circles are seen as precursors of this change, which is said to be forecast not only in the end of the Mayan calendar, but also in Terence McKenna’s TimeWave Zero – the end of time itself.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #446
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://etresoi.ch/Denis/bondage.html

Exit Tax for U.S. Expatriates Becomes Law
New rules impose tax on expatriates and withholding requirements on trustees

Giving up a U.S. passport can carry a steep price tag. A new law passed by the U.S. Congress and signed by the President will subject certain individuals, who expatriate or give up their green cards, to immediate tax on the inherent gain on all of their worldwide assets and a tax on future gifts or bequests made to a U.S. citizen or resident.

As more and more people vote with their feet, the U.S. Congress repeatedly threatened to enact legislation aimed at U.S. citizens who expatriate. Congress finally made good on those threats by unanimously passing the Heroes Earning Assistance and Relief Tax (HEART) Act (the ‘Act'), which provides tax relief for active duty military personnel and reservists.

The new tax regime applies to certain individuals who relinquish their US citizenship and certain long-term U.S. residents (i.e., green card holders) who terminate their U.S. residence (hereafter referred to as ‘expatriates'). The so-called ‘mark-to-market' tax will apply to the net unrealized gain on the expatriate's worldwide assets as if such property were sold (the ‘deemed sale') for its fair market value on the day before the expatriation date. Any net gain on this deemed sale in excess of US$600,000 will be taxable.

In addition, trustees of non-grantor trusts must withhold and pay over to the IRS 30 percent of the portion of any distribution (whether direct or indirect) that would have been taxable to the expatriate had he not expatriated. Failure to withhold the tax could subject the trustee to direct liability for the unpaid U.S. tax.

The Act became law on 18 June, 2008.
Individuals Covered

The Act applies to any expatriate if that individual (i) has a net worth of US$2 million or more; (ii) has an average net U.S. income tax liability of greater than US$139,000 for the five year period prior to expatriation; or (iii) fails to certify that he has complied with all U.S. federal tax obligations for the preceding five years (the ‘covered expatriate').

The Act contains two exceptions, which are broader than those contained in current law. An individual is not a ‘covered expatriate' if he certifies compliance with US federal tax obligations as specified in item (iii) above, and: (i) he was at birth a citizen of the U.S. and another country, provided that (a) as of the expatriation he continues to be a citizen of, and a tax resident of, such other country, and (b) he has been a resident of the U.S. for no more than 10 of the 15 taxable years ending with the taxable year of expatriation; or (ii) he relinquished U.S. citizenship before reaching the age of 18 , provided that he was a resident of the U.S. for not more than 10 taxable years before relinquishment.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:50 PM   #447
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeskey View Post
Actually that's just the magnetic pole that is shifting. The orbital
pole, which creates the summers and winters, is staying in the
same place. The magnetic poles flip periodically, and have been
doing this for millions of years. What this means is that if
you have a compass the needle will point south instead of north.
Also during this time there is no magnetosphere to block deadly
cosmic rays. So there will be a huge increase in cancer
and other deadly effects. Climate change and Wall Street
will be the least of our worries if that happens.

Last edited by Bronco Bob; 09-30-2008 at 10:55 PM..
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #448
Bronco Bob
Tastee Freeze

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_lazy_r View Post
Again, it's the magnetic poles that are shifting. Does nothing to
affect the hollow earth theory, because the rotational pole
isn't changing. The rotational poles will still be the north
and south poles. It's just that the north magnetic pole
will become the south magnetic pole, and vis versa.
Bronco Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:24 AM   #449
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/sep/19/spain

€500,000 scam of a Spanish Robin Hood
Man claims he fooled 39 banks into giving loans
Cash passed to social activists, fugitive says

He calls himself Robin Bank and acts as the self-appointed avenger of downtrodden loan defaulters and all poor victims of the global financial meltdown.

Like his hero Robin Hood, Spanish outlaw Enric Duran steals from the rich and gives, if not to the poor, at least to the activist groups who are sworn enemies of the banking system.

Yesterday Duran circulated 200,000 copies of a single-issue free newspaper called Crisis to show how he had spent the past two years fooling banks into lending him nearly half a million euros (about 395,000).

He said he had given it all away to social activists or spent it on the newspaper. He is refusing to pay the money back and daring the banks to get him sent to jail.

"If we include interest on arrears the present amount of debt is over €500,000, which I will not pay," he said.

As Duran, 32, went into hiding, copies of the newspaper were being handed out by friends and relatives to commuters at dozens of metro and railway stations in his home city of Barcelona.

Friends said he had fled the country earlier this week.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #450
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7648042.stm

A script written by the BBC and the government to be broadcast in the event of a nuclear attack has been published.

The script, written in the 1970s and released by the National Archives, included instructions to "stay calm and stay in your own homes".

It said communications had been disrupted, and the number of casualties and extent of damage were not known.

Other papers reveal debates about how to ensure the person reading the script was authoritative and comforting.

The script was discussed from 1973 to 1975, during the Cold War.