The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #3276
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.realitysandwich.com/future_money

I'm interested in possibly going to one of these.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #3277
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2012/03...irlfriend.html

A Denver police officer arrested in the beating of his girlfriend claimed that she attacked him with a Justin Bieber doll. Officer Michael Nuanes, Jr., 37, said that his girlfriend hurled a Barbie-sized Justin Bieber doll at him, injuring his foot.

He also accused the girlfriend of kicking him, biting his finger and choking him, according to an Adams County sheriff detective's sworn statement supporting an arrest warrant. "Michael Nuanes stated that (his girlfriend) had thrown a 'Barbie Doll' at him, which bruised his foot and (said) that it hurt," the affidavit said. "Nuanes pointed out a 'Justin Bieber' doll, which was the item used to injure him."

The 42-year-old girlfriend accused Nuanes of pulling her hair out and punching her in the ribs. The girlfriend also said that Nuanes kicked in the locked door of a bathroom where she had taken refuge and then he hit her over the head and back with part of the broken door. Deputes arrested Nuanes without incident at the Denver Police Department.

He faces domestic violence-related charges, including misdemeanor assault causing injury, property damage and obstructing telephone service. He was released from jail on $1,500 bond. Denver police spokesman Lt. Matt Murray said Nuanes has been assigned to desk duty because he is prohibited from carrying a gun under a protection order issued in the domestic violence case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoC1DnvfKuY
Old 03-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #3278
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2012/03...aring-man.html

Sparkly purple tutu-wearing man arrested after allegedly stealing from church
by arbroath
A 39-year-old man clad in a T-shirt and a sparkly purple tutu was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of stealing musical instruments and electronic equipment from a church in Allied Gardens, San Diego police said. A neighbourhood resident reported seeing the suspect place a guitar amplifier in a truck about 4:10 a.m. outside the Palisades Presbyterian Church.

Officers arrived, set up a perimeter and found the suspect, identified by police as 39-year-old Joshua Baker allegedly carrying a trash can with property inside, police said. The man, who is roughly 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs about 200 pounds, dropped the property and ran northbound, between two buildings, police said.

An officer gave chase and the suspect jumped a chain-link fence and headed west into the church parking lot, where another officer was waiting. During the chase, the suspect's clothing came off and he was taken into custody in the nude, police said. "Without the help of the great citizen we would not have found this person because there was no burglar alarm," said San Diego Police Sgt. Dean Thomas.

Officers then too the man who had reported the break-in to the area, and he identified the suspect as the alleged thief. Baker was arrested on suspicion of burglary and delaying a peace office. He is being held on $25,000 bail pending arraignment, scheduled for Friday afternoon.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #3279
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2012/03...marijuana.html

Spanish town leases land for marijuana plantation
by arbroath
A tiny Spanish country town believes it has found a way to make unemployment, debt and economic crisis disappear in a puff of smoke – by leasing out its land for marijuana plantations. The town hall of Rasquera in Catalonia on Wednesday voted to sign a €1.3m (£1.1m) agreement with a cannabis association in nearby Barcelona to plant marijuana for its 5,000 members. It will allow the association to plant on a seven-hectare stretch of town hall land – roughly the size of 10 football pitches. "This is a chance to bring in money and create jobs," explained mayor Bernat Pellisa of the Catalan Republican Left party, as older townsfolk worried that he was turning Rasquera into a drugs mecca.

Pellisa said he had sought legal advice that the scheme, part of a set of "anticrisis" measures passed at a packed town hall meeting, did not break Spain's ambiguous cannabis laws. "The produce will only go to members of the association and it won't all be cannabis," he added. "There will be crop rotation with cereal and sugarbeet." The Barcelona Personal Use Cannabis Association (ABCDA), part of a mushrooming movement of private marijuana clubs in Spain, will pay the town €650,000 a year for the right to grow its annual supply there. "Growing for oneself is not illegal, but this is a delicate issue," explained lawyer Oriol Casals.

Pellisa said the deal would create up to 40 jobs and allow the town hall to pay off its €1.3m debt in two years. "There are five or six other projects in the wings," explained Pellisa. They included supplying seeds to Spain's so-called grow shops, which are allowed to sell them to people wishing to grow their own plants. A second cannabis club with 7,000 members is due to meet Pellisa for talks soon. An alternative clinic for people with cancer was also being studied. The deal will turn Rasquera, where local produce traditionally includes olives, almonds and goats, into one of the biggest legal suppliers of cannabis in Europe.

Not everyone in town, which lies 90 miles (140km) south of Barcelona, likes the idea. "This makes us the laughing stock of Catalonia," said secondary schoolteacher Joan Farnós. "It will lead our grandchildren to perdition," one elderly woman said. But others saw a chance to beat Spain's 23% unemployment rate and its fall back into recession. "I haven't smoked since I did my military service, but I'd go and work planting marijuana because I haven't had a job for two years," local farm labourer Mario Amorós said. Pellisa said he had informed the regional government of Catalonia, which runs the local police, about the project. The government has told him it would consult lawyers. "We demand our own sovereignty on this," he added.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #3280
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.blacklistednews.com/Secre...38/38/Y/M.html

Quote:
The first article, entitled, “Unprecedented Lawsuit Reveals Bizarre Worldwide Banking Connections,” deals with a lawsuit filed by Neil Keenan, an acting representative of the Dragon Family of Asia, that contains a list of plaintiffs including individuals, governments, private institutions, and secret societies that spans the entire globe. Keenan is alleging that a trillion dollars worth of Federal Reserve Notes, Kennedy Bonds, and Japanese Government Bonds were stolen from himself and the Dragon Family by a worldwide cartel network.

The second article, entitled, “Massive New Lawsuit Filed Against U.S. Federal Government in Bond Theft Scheme,” deals with a similar situation. In this lawsuit, plaintiff Joseph Riad alleges that $15 billion worth of Federal Reserve bonds were stolen from him by similar criminal cartel network involving many agencies of the U.S. Federal Government such as the Department of Homeland Security and the Bureau of Public Debt.

In the latter incident, the bonds are supposedly dated back to 1934. However, the facts surrounding both of these lawsuits are quite difficult to decipher. With such an interconnected web of players including very secretive persons and institutions, as well as historical questions and connotations, it will likely be some time before the convoluted inter-workings of these incidents are unraveled -- if indeed they ever are.

Add to this the seizure of $6 trillion worth of U.S. Treasury bonds by Italian prosecutors and one might begin to see a trend developing. In this instance, according to the Italian prosecutors, the bonds had been hidden in makeshift compartments in three different safety deposit boxes in Zurich. The investigation, dubbed “Operation Vulcanica,” resulted in the arrest of eight individuals who were allegedly planning to buy plutonium from Nigerian sources. Interestingly enough, the bonds were sealed in crates labeled as property of the Chicago Federal Reserve System – Treaty of Versailles Mother Boxes to be exact. In this case, as in the case of the Joseph Riad lawsuit, the bonds were dated back to 1934.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:49 AM   #3281
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

These profit margins are among the largest of any major American industry, even if they have been inflated to lure investors. The firm is worth “more than $10 billion,” the executives said. Yet it is only one of the large gas companies that have come into the state, where, as of January 12, the Department of Environmental Protection has issued 5,751 permits and 2,891 wells have been drilled.

Pennsylvania’s Republican leaders did not need to be pushed to comprehensively rewrite its oil and gas laws in nearly 30 years. Working with the industry, they drafted a 174-page bill they touted as moving Pennsylvania toward energy independence while protecting the environment. Their legislation was presented to legislators in January, quickly passed largely on party lines, and was signed within weeks. The bill’s critics were ignored. Democrats said they could not muster the votes to stop it.

“This was all done in the backroom—and it was written by the oil and gas industry,” Shields said, pointing to fine print such as the confidentiality strictures for doctors who treat any patient that might be exposed to drilling fluids. “Where the hell does physician confidentiality come from? There isn’t a legislator up there that would ever have thought of that. But a good corporate lawyer will figure that out because they don’t want that to affect them in lawsuits. They know we will be coming because they know we will have spills and accidents and people are going to get hurt. They don’t want to give them a leg up.”
Old 03-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #3282
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.blacklistednews.com/On_th...38/38/Y/M.html

Last edited by alkemical; 03-15-2012 at 01:20 PM..
Old 03-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #3283
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...urg_as_20.html

With 15 violent crimes per 1,000 residents, Harrisburg is about five times more dangerous than Philadelphia, according to neighborhoodscout.com.

HBG PA is an interesting scenario:

Bankrupt city
Capital City
Austerity measures are selling off city assets that "make" $ (parking garages, etc)
Old 03-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #3284
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

An Australian woman has been ordered to stand trial accused of breaking into a man's home and raping him. Rebecca Helen Elder, 39, of Parkside, Adelaide, appeared in the District Court.

She pleaded not guilty to one count of aggravated serious criminal trespass in a place of residence, and one count of rape. Prosecution documents, filed with the court, allege both offences took place at a suburban location between September 20 and September 23 last year.

At trial, prosecutors will allege Elder broke into a house while its male occupant - who cannot be named - was lawfully on the premises. They will further allege she broke in with the intention of committing a further offence of rape.

Finally, prosecutors will allege Elder raped the man by performing an act of oral sex without his consent. Judge Wayne Chivell remanded Elder on continuing bail to a directions hearing next month.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/s...-1226303849586
Old 03-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #3285
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...tacenter/all/1

NSA's Utah "Data Center"

(Watch what you say)
Old 03-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #3286
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://arbroath.blogspot.com/2012/03...s-lady-to.html

Doughnut factory mishap causes lady to be injected with marmalade
by arbroath
Bakery worker Anke Friedman, 24, is recovering after her hand was injected with marmalade by a machine that fills doughnuts with the sweet filling in a freak accident in Sonthofen, Germany.

Anke had been clearing a blockage in the system when it suddenly restarted, sending a shot of the sticky filling into the back of her hand.

"The jam was bulging under her skin and it was causing her a lot of pain," said a paramedic team spokesman. "At hospital they had to open up the wound, clean out the jam and then stitch her hand back up. She will be fine once the swelling goes down," they added.

A spokesman for the bakery said: "There is a security bar which the woman was supposed to lift before she put her hand inside which would have turned off the system. But to get it done quickly she had bypassed that bar and was injected with marmalade jam."
Old 03-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #3287
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Old 03-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #3288
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.psychonaut.com/post-32895.html?f=8

Self transforming machine elves??

Postby Psychedelic_Sprinkle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:37
The second time i tried salvia, it was pretty ridiculous lol. I took 2 big hits outta my bong, held them in as long as a i could, and my boyfriend was sitting facing me. As i blew out my smoke, i started to trip. My boyfriend was smiling at me and his ears grew huge and he his smile started to look kinda malicious and scary and he turned into an elf..then i felt like i was on a merry-go-round, everything was spinning and changing color. Then i looked behind my boyfriend and i realized everything in our room had turned into little weird machines. At the time we were listening to the Beatles, but the music changed completely from the Beatles into people speaking some language i couldnt understand. Then it got really weird..I had the sensation that i was laying down on my stomach, and there were all these crazy little tiny elves around me, throwing ropes over my body and legs, tying me down. They had my tounge rolled out and they were jumping up and down on it..i thought to myself "Not again, dont let them take me again"...it was ****ing crazy! It was so familiar, like i had been in this exact situation with these elves before. Then i started to come out of it, after what seemed like years, and i started flipping out and trying to rip these ropes off of me, which by this time were already gone. It was absoloutely nuts. Has anyone else had a salvia experience, or any kind of experience, with these crazy little machine elves?
Last edited by Psychedelic_Sprinkle on Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:49, edited 1 time in total.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #3289
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...cupy_arres.php

NYPD Scanning The Irises Of Arrested Occupy Protesters
by JacobSloan

5124897880_8d89bbe4dbThere’s no law requiring an iris scan if the police cuff you — it’s just “policy.” From the Village Voice:

But protesters and their legal advisers were surprised yesterday to learn that the size of their bail was being affected by whether defendants were willing to have the distinctive patterns of their irises photographed and logged into a database.

The idea of the state collecting distinctive biometric information from people who haven’t even been charged with a crime yet, much less convicted of one, makes civil libertarians nervous. Unlike fingerprints, no law was ever passed to require iris photographs — it’s just a policy.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #3290
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.disinfo.com/2012/03/the-e...class-warfare/

Former member of European Parliament Steve McGiffen reveals what he sees as the true purpose of the uniting of Europe under the euro currency, via Spectrezine:

Where I differ from much progressive criticism of the euro is that I actually see [the current crisis] not as proof of massive incompetence, but, in fact, as [purposeful]. The euro’s purpose was not to facilitate the creation of a Europe of transfrontier love, peace, harmony, boosted trade and economic efficiency, but to attack the economic, social and political gains of working people, accumulated over two centuries in the most bitter struggles. What is happening in country after country, starkest of all in Greece, Ireland and Portugal, but also in Britain, is nothing less than the opening salvoes of a new, more intense and more dangerous phase of class war.

If governments and national banks give up the economic leverage they gain from an ability to determine their own levels of spending and borrowing, if they can no longer decide interest or exchange rates, they will have only one means left to maintain or enhance competitiveness: our wages, our pensions, our welfare rights, our children’s education, will all have to cost less – this is of course what has since been called ‘internal devaluation’. These predictions have of course been borne out since 2008, as the banks and their obedient servants in governments and in Brussels have dragged the whole of Europe into an unprecedented economic crisis.

I’m not an economist and can only quote the views of economists I respect, such as Weisbrot, but anyone can see from reading the debate that a range of alternatives exists. Yet every EU member state government has chosen, to one degree or another, the path of austerity. The question therefore is why? And for me, this is the real issue raised by this crisis. In the late 90s I was active in the campaign to stop the introduction of the euro. If you look at what I was saying, as well as material put out by Tom Megahy, the Labour Euro-MP for whom I worked until his retirement in 1999, or the Dutch Socialist Party, which I worked for after that, you’ll see that our predictions for what would be the single currency’s results were uncannily accurate.

Now I can’t really believe that all of those highly-qualified economists who advise the Commission and the ECB were simply too stupid to see what was obvious to our side of the argument. From this I can only conclude that they knew what would happen as well as we did, but saw this not as something to be avoided, but as an opportunity to complete the work of the neoliberal ascendancy. Austerity in this scenario is not something forced upon the political elite by previous mistakes or bad luck, but rather the latest stage in a plan to transform the European economy by destroying the welfare state.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #3291
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ab-friend.html

The Daily Mail journeys to the dark side:

A teenager charged in the stabbing of his 14-year-old friend told police a Ouija board made him do it.

[He] was charged with attempted murder after stabbing his friend with a 4-inch knife on February 29. He pulled the weapon on the friend in a wooded area behind a high school in Weslaco, a small town along the U.S-Mexico border at the southern tip of Texas.

The victim was treated in intensive care for three days for a severe cut to his intestine, Weslaco police spokesman J.P. Rodriguez said. He added that the alleged assailant has no history of mental problems or criminal behavior.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 PM   #3292
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Subconscious War (Video)

Posted by Good German on March 18, 2012

A half hour documentary on media, reality and a culture of violence.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pAeOUDsDO8
Old 03-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #3293
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Old 03-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #3294
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.dangerousminds.net/commen...dain_fagerholm

Old 03-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #3295
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #3296
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Old 03-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #3297
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.dangerousminds.net/commen..._he_became_gay

Reddit user Tommy Voter uploaded this pic to Imgur with the caption:

“I found photographic evidence of the exact moment I became gay.”

Fabulous!
Old 03-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #3298
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Old 03-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #3299
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.dangerousminds.net/commen...ke_to_kill_you

Excerpted from a 1988 Department of Justice/DEA brief written by Judge Francis L. Young:

“In layman terms this means that in order to induce death, a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in one marijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.”

Compare and contrast the damage that just two bottles of tequila would do to the human body (Been there, done that and won the booby prize of 4-day hangover...).

And while I’m on the topic, whereas you can see that it’s impossible for a human to OD on cannabis, the plant is HIGHLY toxic to dogs. That’s right, do not let your pooch near your stash. If you make pot brownies keep them out of your dog’s reach (Chocolate is also lethal to dogs. So are grapes and onions). If your dog eats cannabis, rush it to a pet hospital without hesitation.

via reddit
Old 03-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #3300
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.disinfo.com/2012/03/why-t...ill-obamacare/

Why the Supreme Court Should Kill ‘Obamacare’

Today, the anti-Obamacare protest is happening in front of the U.S. Supreme Court, and it is hearing arguments as to why the Affordable Healthcare Act (a.k.a. “Obamacare”) should be thrown out. Dave Lindorff writes on Counterpunch on why “Obamacare” should be repealed to instead force Americans to decide that Medicare should be available to everyone as it would reduce our costs substantially:

The US Supreme Court has a chance to do the people of America a big favor, perhaps atoning at last for its shameful betrayal of the electoral system in 2000 when a conservative majority stole the Florida, and national election, for George W. Bush, and for the liberal-led and equally shameful betrayal of fundamental property rights in the Kelo v New London case that, in 2005, upheld the public theft of private homes in Connecticut on behalf of a government-backed resort development. The court can atone for these betrayals by declaring the ramshackle, corrupt, hugely expensive and cynically misnamed Affordable Care Act to be unconstitutional.

The act, pushed through a Democratic Congress by President Obama in 2010, is a disaster, a cobbled-together set of measures that was fatally corrupted by the insurance lobby and other parts of the nation’s medical-industrial complex, which leaves millions uninsured, continues to tether workers to their employers like indentured servants, and undermines the Medicare program, which should be the cornerstone of a real health reform.

By killing this monstrosity of political expedience and lobbyist strong-arming, the Supreme Court’s conservative wing could give us a good chance to finally move the country to a real national health reform which would reduce costs substantially, provide quality health care to all, and finally drive a stake through the heart of the health insurance industry, the real “vampire squid” of American capitalism which has been sucking money out of American’s wallets and driving many into bankruptcy for decades (family health crises are the major single cause of bankruptcies and homes foreclosures in the country) …

Read More: Counterpunch