The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #2826
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

^ !
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #2827
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post

There’s A Secret Stack Of Pancakes On The $5 Bill
That's great!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #2828
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #2829
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...#ixzz1Y46RWTV3

Missouri resident George F. Blackburn had a moment of inspiration one day when he went to the local courthouse to finalize his divorce from his third wife. The 64-year-old gentleman seized the opportunity to file papers with the clerk's office to do something he'd been thinking about for years: changing his name to Led Zeppelin II, after his favorite album by the great rock band.

"I reinvented myself," he tells stltoday.com. "Since I became Led Zeppelin, my life has improved a thousand fold."

Zeppelin said he had a childhood fascination with zeppelins, and has been a fan of the rock stars since seeing them live in concert in Chicago in the late 1960s. It has been a love affair with their music since. The "II" at the end of the name is after the band's second album, "Led Zeppelin II."

"I don't want to appear to be some off-the-wall, drug-addict idiot," he said. "I just changed my name from the standpoint that I can be a better person than I used to be."

He said it's a tribute to the music. "They changed my life, forever, and that's my whole reason for doing this." When some fellow Led Zeppelin music fans learn his name, he said, they buy him drinks and dinner. They say they admire him for having the guts to do it. Even his ex-wife is supportive, calling him L.Z. or Zep. Some folks still call him George instead of Led, and he said he's fine with that, too. "I want them to be comfortable."
Old 09-16-2011, 12:32 PM   #2830
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

An eBay seller has this photograph up for the “buy it now” price of a million dollars. It looks suspiciously like the star of Raising Arizona and Leaving Las Vegas.

Original c.1870 carte de visite showing a man who looks exactly like
Nick Cage. Personally, I believe it’s him and that he is some sort of
walking undead / vampire, et cetera, who quickens / reinvents
himself once every 75 years or so. 150 years from now, he might
be a politician, the leader of a cult, or a talk show host.

This is not a trick photo, it’s an original photograph of a man who
lived in Bristol, TN sometime around the Civil War.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #2831
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.georgejharding.co.uk/cate...laged-imagery/

http://mindhacks.com/2011/09/02/god-death-cannabis/
Old 09-19-2011, 10:01 AM   #2832
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

OccupyWallStreet
The American Revolution Begins Sept 17th

https://occupywallst.org/
Old 09-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #2833
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1091/...ies_Exist.html

NASA Whistleblower: Alien Moon Cities Exist

Former National Aeronautics and Space Administration Data and Photo Control Department manager, Ken Johnston, who worked for the space agency's Lunar Receiving Laboratory during the Apollo missions has been fired for telling the truth.

Johnston asserts NASA knows astronauts discovered ancient alien cities and the remains of amazingly advanced machinery on the Moon. Some of the technology can manipulate gravity.

He says the agency ordered a cover-up and forced him to participate in it.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #2834
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...dle-East.html#

Riddle in the sands: Thousands of strange 'Nazca Lines' discovered in the Middle East

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz1YbslpDAv
Old 09-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #2835
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Prescription Drug Use Now Kills More People Than Traffic Accidents

Posted by Easy Rider on September 19, 2011
OxyContin Setup

Photo: 51fifty (CC)

Via the Inquisitr:

In 1979 the U.S. Government began tracking drug-related deaths and for the first time those deaths have surpassed the number of traffic fatalities on an annual basis. The most recent statistics which were taken in 2009 shows that 37,485 people died in traffic related accidents while 36,284 people died from drug related activities in a one year period.

Surprisingly the main culprit of those deaths were not street illegal drugs but rather prescription options including Xanax, OxyContin and the main culprit Vicodin which killed more people than cocaine and heroin combined.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times a Santa Barbara sheriff said: “The problem is right here under our noses in our medicine cabinets.”

The study also revealed that traffic related fatalities have actually fallen by a third since the 1970s even as the number of drivers using American roadways continues to increase, while drug related deaths have doubled in the last decade. Deaths among the 50-year-old to 69-year-old crowd have been even worse, tripling during the same time period.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:00 AM   #2836
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://designyoutrust.com/2011/09/22...n+You+Trust%29

The Infinity Room

Old 09-22-2011, 06:04 AM   #2837
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Photograph taken in Sudbury, Ontario in Canada. This phenomena is the result of a nearby nickel factory, where the excess iron seeps into the water and produces the deep red color.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #2838
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

America’s Internet service slips to #25 worldwide

Welcome to America, the country with the 25th fastest Internet service in the world, just behind Romania, and falling fast. The culprit? Hard to say, but maybe it's got something to do with the FCC's abolition of any sort of competitive markets for Internet service in the USA? Well, I'm sure it'll be fine -- after all, why would Internet access have any effect on national competitiveness, industry, jobs, health, education, civic engagement, and so forth?

Under the Bush administration, the FCC tossed out competitive broadband safeguards such as open-access requirements, which opened lines to other providers. In 2002 the agency declared that high-speed cable Internet access would no longer be considered a telecommunications service that opened the network to competitors, but rather an “information service” that did not. Following a 2005 court decision, the FCC also reclassified broadband delivered by the phone companies as an “information service.”

These were radical policy shifts that went against the long-held assumption that open communications in competitive markets were essential to economic growth and innovation.

While the U.S. blindly followed a path of "deregulation," other nations in Europe and Asia beefed up their pro-competitive policies. The results are evident in our free fall from the top of almost every global measure of Internet services, availability and speed.

http://feeds.boingboing.net/~r/boing...worldwide.html
Old 09-29-2011, 06:33 AM   #2839
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

I cannot believe there isn't more attention to the #Occupywallstreet stuff going on:

http://occupywallstreet.tumblr.com/
Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #2840
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default #occupywallstreet

http://www.alternet.org/economy/1524...t%27_movement/

1) Spread the word — there’s something going on. People have started a movement — they’re occupying Wall Street. Hundreds of people have been camped out in lower Manhattan for four days!

2) If you’re in New York and can only spare a little time or money: bring American flags, cardboard, markers, water, etc. down to Liberty Park.

3) If you’re in the New York area and have a day, a morning, an afternoon, go down there. The weather appears to be holding. Take the day off and just go. I know it sounds hard to believe but you will be heard. This is an open general assembly effort and you will get your say and be a real participant.

4) If you are a little ways from NYC, organize foursomes to go to NYC for the day. It will cost you the train/bus/car fare. Take nothing but some food and water and your body.

5) Too far to get to NYC? Sign this petition and I will read your name and comments in Liberty Park this week, I promise. Break Up Goldman Sachs Now!

6) Be subversive against the big money interests wherever you are and encourage others to do the same. Don’t give the banksters 4 percent of every purchase you make with a credit or debit card — use cash. See: UseCashMovement

7) Be subversive: max out your credit card on large ticket items and return them the next day. (This one is right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook.)

8) Move your money from a big bank to a credit union.

9) Picket a local branch of a bank. When the press asks you what the heck you think you’re doing, tell them it’s in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street.

10) Send food to the protesters in Liberty Park through a New York friend or go to the live stream chat for information on local eats that will take your order. (Yes, you’ll have to use your credit card, big spender!)

11) Do you know anybody who knows anybody who knows a writer, a celebrity, etc. who will show their face at the protest? Get to them now.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:38 AM   #2841
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default #occupywallstreet

http://www.adbusters.org/campaigns/occupywallstreet
Old 09-29-2011, 10:45 AM   #2842
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
http://www.alternet.org/economy/1524...t%27_movement/

1) Spread the word — there’s something going on. People have started a movement — they’re occupying Wall Street. Hundreds of people have been camped out in lower Manhattan for four days!

2) If you’re in New York and can only spare a little time or money: bring American flags, cardboard, markers, water, etc. down to Liberty Park.

3) If you’re in the New York area and have a day, a morning, an afternoon, go down there. The weather appears to be holding. Take the day off and just go. I know it sounds hard to believe but you will be heard. This is an open general assembly effort and you will get your say and be a real participant.

4) If you are a little ways from NYC, organize foursomes to go to NYC for the day. It will cost you the train/bus/car fare. Take nothing but some food and water and your body.

5) Too far to get to NYC? Sign this petition and I will read your name and comments in Liberty Park this week, I promise. Break Up Goldman Sachs Now!

6) Be subversive against the big money interests wherever you are and encourage others to do the same. Don’t give the banksters 4 percent of every purchase you make with a credit or debit card — use cash. See: UseCashMovement

7) Be subversive: max out your credit card on large ticket items and return them the next day. (This one is right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook.)

8) Move your money from a big bank to a credit union.

9) Picket a local branch of a bank. When the press asks you what the heck you think you’re doing, tell them it’s in solidarity with Occupy Wall Street.

10) Send food to the protesters in Liberty Park through a New York friend or go to the live stream chat for information on local eats that will take your order. (Yes, you’ll have to use your credit card, big spender!)

11) Do you know anybody who knows anybody who knows a writer, a celebrity, etc. who will show their face at the protest? Get to them now.
I really hope this works.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #2843
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Old 09-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #2844
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

A large handwritten poster (purportedly) from a laid-off employee of the defunct bookselling chain Borders entitled "Things we never told you: Ode to a bookstore death," reveals several key truths of bookselling (and some cranky griping):

Things we never told you: Ode to a bookstore death
Old 09-30-2011, 07:46 AM   #2845
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.gizmag.com/energy-storage...created/19996/

New material claimed to store more energy and cost less money than batteries

Researchers from the National University of Singapore's Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Initiative (NUSNNI) have created what they claim is the world's first energy-storage membrane. Not only is the material soft and foldable, but it doesn't incorporate liquid electrolytes that can spill out if it's damaged, it's more cost-effective than capacitors or traditional batteries, and it's reportedly capable of storing more energy.

The membrane is made from a polystyrene-based polymer, which is sandwiched between two metal plates. When charged by those plates, it can store the energy at a rate of 2 farads per square centimeter - standard capacitors, by contrast, can typically only manage an upper limit of 1 microfarad per square centimeter.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #2846
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://hplusmagazine.com/2011/09/28/...-to-be-honest/

Editor's Blog
What If A New Technology Forces Everyone to be Honest?
By: R.U. Sirius
Published: September 28, 2011

“Magnetic interference with the brain can make it impossible to lie, and polygraphs and “truth serums” will soon be obsolete, say Estonian researchers.

Inga Karton and Talis Bachmann worked with 16 volunteers who submitted to transcranial magnetic stimulation, which can stimulate some parts of the brain and not others.”
Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #2847
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://gizmodo.com/5843117/scientist...brain-activity

Scientists Reconstruct Brains’ Visions Into Digital Video In Historic Experiment

UC Berkeley scientists have developed a system to capture visual activity in human brains and reconstruct it as digital video clips. Eventually, this process will allow you to record and reconstruct your own dreams on a computer screen.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #2848
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://monkeywah.typepad.com/paranor...ert-perry.html

Recently, I've been watching some videos on YouTube on children's apparent memories of past lives. I like this one, on the work of Jim Tucker, author of Life Before Life (an excellent book), who has carried on the groundbreaking work of Ian Stevenson on children's past life memories at the University of Virginia. Also this one, a 1992 documentary on Stevenson's work. And finally, this one, about an American boy who has memories of being a World War II fighter pilot.

As I watch these, the question that comes up for me is: Why hasn't this phenomenon been known in the West for centuries? It's clear that children in the West have these memories. They aren't that uncommon. One of the videos offers an estimate of one in every 500 children. Indeed, the daughter of a friend of mine had apparent past-life memories. Presumably, these things have been happening forever. So why did it take one man, Ian Stevenson, to bring this phenomenon to light in 1960?
Old 09-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #2849
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15032614#

'First Irish case' of death by spontaneous combustion
Old 10-03-2011, 01:23 AM   #2850
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Today in the WPR forum this was the only thread worth taking a look at. Keep posting! I want to see what this cesspool evolves into. Thanks for all that you do.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote