The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2015, 03:39 AM   #1
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley
Default Our Future Leaders?

No I don't believe this is the standard of all our young people, but it is more common than ever. This, to me, is just shocking and amazing.

Atlanta radio program “The Bert Show” had a guest on this week who has managed to incite the rage of just about every millennial in the state of Georgia (and beyond, the show is syndicated in 11 states).

The woman, a 22-year-old college junior named Kim, who did not give her last name on air and was allowed to use a voice disguiser to even further shield her identity, came to the three hosts with a confession: in just short three years she had managed to blow through a $90,000 college fund left to her by her grandparents. Kim has one year left of school and no way to cover her remaining $20,000 tuition balance.

The show’s hosts try to give Kim the benefit of the doubt. She’s come to them (for some untold reason — perhaps a financial aid officer would have been a wiser choice) in a time of great need and they at least want to try to help her.

But what followed has to be one of the most painful interviews that has ever been aired on national radio. Kim manages to personify just about every parent’s worst nightmare — an entitled 20-something who asks for handouts rather than face the very real financial challenges of young adulthood. You can listen to the full interview online at TheBertShow.com, but we’ve shared the highlights of Kim’s cringe-inducing description of her predicament below.

Read her statements http://finance.yahoo.com/news/a-coll...205833329.html
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2015, 06:21 AM   #2
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Is Kim a nickname for Chrissy Rules?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:36 AM   #3
W*GS
Ring of Famer

This is not news or new.

People have been squandering money since forever. Not just young people, either.

My Mom cashed out her 401(k) so she and my dad could go on a trip.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:47 PM   #4
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
This is not news or new.

People have been squandering money since forever. Not just young people, either.

My Mom cashed out her 401(k) so she and my dad could go on a trip.
Not a smart thing to do but at her age I can more understand that and she's not asking someone to bail her out for her decision. That's my problem with this young girl. She EXPECTS someone to bail her out. She knew when she was doing it it was wrong but she figured someone would help her out. To say she knows her dad has the money because he has a retirement account is so narcisstic.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:54 PM   #5
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Not a smart thing to do but at her age I can more understand that and she's not asking someone to bail her out for her decision.
My sister and I have had to "bail her out" more than once.

I paid the $1400 for my Dad's cremation.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote