The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default AFC West Standings

Anybody wanna take a shot at the AFC West Standings at the end of the season?
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

San Diego 12-4
Denver 12-4
Oakland 7-9
KC 5-11

i will say san diego will win the division after splitting the season series with Denver, simply because they will beat Denver by a bigger margin than Denver beats San Diego by.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

San Diego 13-3
Denver 10-6
Oakland 8-8
KC 2-14
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

San Diego 13-3
Denver 8-8
Oakland 6-10
Kansas City 6-10
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #5
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

hhmmm..I don't see KC in last place behind the Faiders. I think we all agree SD is the favorite.

SD 12-4
DEN10-6
KC 6-10
OAK 5-11
Old 05-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

It all depends on how the players Al Davis over spent for pan out. They have arguably the best DB tandem in the NFL and a pretty good defense. I could see KC finishing above Oakland.

KC does have a bright future though if this last draft pans out.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:04 PM   #7
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
It all depends on how the players Al Davis over spent for pan out. They have arguably the best DB tandem in the NFL and a pretty good defense. I could see KC finishing above Oakland.

KC does have a bright future though if this last draft pans out.
To be honest, I see teams running all over the Faiders this season. They lost Warren Sapp to retirement and that's really gonna hurt them.
I think them drafting McFadden over Dorsey was a huge mistake. Dorsey would have made their defense top 5 no doubt. The Faiders were also 6th in the NFL in rush offense and 31st in rush defense. They have an impressive Justin Fargas and highly rated Michael Bush.

I think KC has so many question marks, but I do believe that this could be KC's best draft class ever. I think Albert should have few problems playing LT and Dorsey is a gem. Flowers and Charles are steals where they were picked IMO. Also players like Will Franklin, Barry Richardson or Brian Johnston could be steals.

KC has quite a bit of talent, but it's raw talen that's gonna take a year or two to gel together. I like the direction KC is going tho
Old 05-25-2008, 11:12 PM   #8
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
To be honest, I see teams running all over the Faiders this season. They lost Warren Sapp to retirement and that's really gonna hurt them.
I think them drafting McFadden over Dorsey was a huge mistake. Dorsey would have made their defense top 5 no doubt. The Faiders were also 6th in the NFL in rush offense and 31st in rush defense. They have an impressive Justin Fargas and highly rated Michael Bush.

I think KC has so many question marks, but I do believe that this could be KC's best draft class ever. I think Albert should have few problems playing LT and Dorsey is a gem. Flowers and Charles are steals where they were picked IMO. Also players like Will Franklin, Barry Richardson or Brian Johnston could be steals.

KC has quite a bit of talent, but it's raw talen that's gonna take a year or two to gel together. I like the direction KC is going tho
KC actually did good with this past draft. I thought Peterson would screw up with all the picks they had. But it looks like the trade of Allen was really good for you guys. You really have reason to be optimistic with that draft class.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #9
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

To think Albert won't have any problems playing LT is naive at best. All Rookie LTs will struggle, and Albert isn't even a Tackle.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:27 PM   #10
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
hhmmm..I don't see KC in last place behind the Faiders. I think we all agree SD is the favorite.

SD 12-4
DEN10-6
KC 6-10
OAK 5-11
KC should be able to do better than 6 wins. I think the Chiefs will win about 9 this year.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkana7 View Post
To think Albert won't have any problems playing LT is naive at best. All Rookie LTs will struggle, and Albert isn't even a Tackle.
MOST rookie LTs struggle. tony ugoh and joe thomas dont apply
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:23 AM   #12
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
KC should be able to do better than 6 wins. I think the Chiefs will win about 9 this year.
SoCal, every year you overestimate the Chiefs reality notwithstanding. I'm seriously going to go back and dig up all your Chief predictions. Every year you not only have them at least competitive but you often say they'll be better than us. What's the deal? What's with your constant fear of one of the most hapless franchises in all of football?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #13
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
SoCal, every year you overestimate the Chiefs reality notwithstanding. I'm seriously going to go back and dig up all your Chief predictions. Every year you not only have them at least competitive but you often say they'll be better than us. What's the deal? What's with your constant fear of one of the most hapless franchises in all of football?
Haha...I KNEW you were going to say that dude, you have told me that every offseason. A few times I have overreated the Chiefs, but I do think this draft class will really help them out, even in the short term. Actually, the Chiefs have been doing rather well in the draft the last few years, especially at the top. Bowe was a super pick last year and Derrick Johnson is the best strongside linebacker in the division. They've still got major problems in a couple areas, but I think they'll be alright. I don't think Croyle is as bad as everyone says, he had to deal with alot of **** around him last year. I think he'll end up being somewhere between an average NFL QB to Drew Brees (that's his ceiling, not a bad ceiling to have).

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #14
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

It'll be interesting to see who stinks more, the Chiefs or the Raiders. Thats all I'm going to say.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #15
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

The Hornheads messed up again, they are worse at trades than Wash.

Why dont we get a gift too?

Oakland passing on Dorsey was a huge blunder.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 AM   #16
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Haha...I KNEW you were going to say that dude, you have told me that every offseason. A few times I have overreated the Chiefs, but I do think this draft class will really help them out, even in the short term. Actually, the Chiefs have been doing rather well in the draft the last few years, especially at the top. Bowe was a super pick last year and Derrick Johnson is the best strongside linebacker in the division. They've still got major problems in a couple areas, but I think they'll be alright. I don't think Croyle is as bad as everyone says, he had to deal with alot of **** around him last year. I think he'll end up being somewhere between an average NFL QB to Drew Brees (that's his ceiling, not a bad ceiling to have).
You said they'd be good last year too! I'm going to spare you the old quotes of yours I've found and was going to post. I'll just say that your faith in them rarely jives with reality. It's so weird! I remember at camp the past years you'd look at me with this concerned gaze and say "the Chiefs scare me this year." They have had some decent years, but as long as Germ is their coach they'll never go anywhere.

True. Their draft at the top was awesome. Couple that with the fact that Carl seems to hit on his first round picks, and it's hard to say they're not headed in a positive direction. That said, even the best rookies take at least a year get going and right now they are just too young to look very good.

They have no running back either. I know that Albert will help, but he is not a LT and he's only one guy after they got rid of several and don't have much else. I really believe LJ is done too. Croyle is learning way to slowly and gets hurt to much and relapses into mistakes too often for me to ever think he could stand in the same room as Drew Brees' jock. Bowe is good. Tony G has some left in the tank. Derrick Johnson is solid. Then...what? No center, no kicker, no LT, one receiver, no safeties, no running game, an offense that makes the power I look like Air Coryell; I'm sorry man, but while I agree they will surprise some people, they will not win more than 7 games this year.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:55 AM   #17
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
You said they'd be good last year too! I'm going to spare you the old quotes of yours I've found and was going to post. I'll just say that your faith in them rarely jives with reality. It's so weird! I remember at camp the past years you'd look at me with this concerned gaze and say "the Chiefs scare me this year." They have had some decent years, but as long as Germ is their coach they'll never go anywhere.

True. Their draft at the top was awesome. Couple that with the fact that Carl seems to hit on his first round picks, and it's hard to say they're not headed in a positive direction. That said, even the best rookies take at least a year get going and right now they are just too young to look very good.

They have no running back either. I know that Albert will help, but he is not a LT and he's only one guy after they got rid of several and don't have much else. I really believe LJ is done too. Croyle is learning way to slowly and gets hurt to much and relapses into mistakes too often for me to ever think he could stand in the same room as Drew Brees' jock. Bowe is good. Tony G has some left in the tank. Derrick Johnson is solid. Then...what? No center, no kicker, no LT, one receiver, no safeties, no running game, an offense that makes the power I look like Air Coryell; I'm sorry man, but while I agree they will surprise some people, they will not win more than 7 games this year.
Chiefs | Team adds all-pro safety
Sat, 24 May 2008 17:49:04 -0700

Nick Athan, of Warpaint Illustrated, reports that the Kansas City Chiefs have added five time all pro safety Aaron Francisco to their roster.

Lock it up. Championship.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 05-26-2008, 01:00 AM   #18
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Chiefs | Team adds all-pro safety
Sat, 24 May 2008 17:49:04 -0700

Nick Athan, of Warpaint Illustrated, reports that the Kansas City Chiefs have added five time all pro safety Aaron Francisco to their roster.

Lock it up. Championship.
I changed my mind. Chiefs are undefeated.

For the record:

Chargers: 11-5
Broncos: 11-5
Oakland: 7-9
Kansas City: 6-10
Old 05-26-2008, 07:39 AM   #19
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

San Diego 12 - 4
Denver 6-10
Oakland 6-10
KC 3-13
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:01 AM   #20
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Boltaneer come on you are a logical and good Chargers fan. Putting Denver at 6-10 is ludacrous. First of all Shanahan rarely has back to back losing seasons and doesn't regress.

I am not going to be all homer and say 13-3 but 10-6 to 8-8 is more realistic.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #21
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

San Diego 11-5
Denver 11-5
Oakland 6-10
Kansas City 5-11
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:22 AM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Chargers 12-4
Broncos 10-6
Chiefs 7-9
Raiders 4-12
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #23
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

San Diego 11-5
Oakland 9-7
Denver 8-8
K.C. 7-9
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #24
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Only sure thing in division is SD expect them to win afc west again. Denver I have no idea what to expect in 08 easy schedule or not. Oak can be a major mover in 08 if Russell plays good and I think McFadden will be good if he lives up to hype. KC will struggle still imo. One thing for sure we will get an idea of 08 Denver team the first 7 games of 08. I can see us going 2-5 thru 4-3. If we go 4-3 I think we should make playoffs if we avoid losses to teams we should beat. I syill have visions of Elam kicking a game winning FG against us .

SD 13-3
Oak 10-6
Den 8-8
KC 6-10

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 05-26-2008 at 10:12 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:20 AM   #25
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

I think this is the year Croyle finally has a chance to show what he has. Last season he was sacked again and again and again. Our RT Chris Terry was so horrible that we cut him before the season was even over. He gave up 14.5 sacks in 11 games. I think Albert, or anybody, is better than Terry.
Not sure why you think KC is weak at RB. I think they are deeper then they have been in a long time. LJ is starting. Then you have the speed back in Jamaal Charles who was at least IMO the best RB in the Big 12 last season. Then you have Kolby Smith, who had a few good games but was average. We also have Savage from OSU. He was very productive there.
As for the question marks, KC has been grooming Niswanger to play C for 2 seasons. He looked good when he got playing time last year before his knee was shredded. LT is obviously going to Albert who has all the measurables to play LT but just needs some experience.
KC drafted Will Franklin as the #2 or #3 WR. He was productive at Mizzou and was a good #2 WR for them. I think the Safety position is also deep too. Wesley is leaving thank god and Page is solid. Pollard still has some learning to do and we got a good value by drafting Dejaun Morgan in round 3.
It's basically just like I said. KC has talent on paper, but it needs to be proven and gelled together.

There were 2 big problems with KC last season.

1. We couldn't run the ball-28th in the NFL
2.We couldn't stop the run-30th in the NFL

I think getting Dorsey and getting deeper at RB will help those problems