The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Ring of Fame Threads
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #176
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Okay ...here we go ...

Rules for Round One.

Each player gets one vote this round. The vote must be sent to me, via private message, no later than Noon, Denver time, Monday, March 10.

Members of the Orange Dragon Team may only cast their votes at members of the Blue Tiger Team, and vice versa. You may not vote against yourself or against another member of your own team.

You may not split your vote into halves or quarters, etc. Please make sure to designate clearly who the target of your vote is. Don't make me guess.

No official results will be posted or otherwise released until after the deadline expires on March 10. So don't bother asking. It will probably take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes after the deadline expires for me to tally up and post the results. (There are a lot of players this year.) I will try to have the results posted before 1 p.m. Denver time.

The highest vote-getter on each team will WIN IMMUNITY from any votes in Round Two.

The second highest vote-getter on each team will be eliminated.
Thus, two participants will be eliminated, one from each team, by 1 pm Monday afternoon. Try not to be one of those people.

Tiebreakers will apply, as set forth in the first post on this thread.

Voting may begin at noon, Denver time, today. (It is currently 8:37 am)

For your reference:

Team Orange Dragon

24champbailey
ApaOps5
BMFBronco
Bronco Yoda
cbs1177
Conklin
Dagmar
DBroncos4life
Falconer
Hotrod
Jens1893
minibronco
Momof2littlebroncos
Punisher
TheDave
Tribster
TD30

Team Blue Tiger

Anubis
Bizzybone7
Broncobiv
CBF1
claviculasolomonis
Crushaholic
Dark_hawk
DomCasual
Gunns
JCMElway
Majik
missingnumber7
MrPeepers
smalltowngrll
TheSportsGuru
VanceJohnson82
OSKIE!!!

Have fun.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #177
Northman
The Enigma Prognosis

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bryci

Alright blue team, lets get together in PM's and figure where we are going to go with this.
Northman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #178
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Who's on my team?

WHat are the rules?

Can I have 3 votes?

Si?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #179
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Um, is this thing on
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #180
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
That's what you think... I'll send a letter out tomorrow that says ICO Majik Moron and it will get there JUST FINE!!!
Sorry, but I just had to quote this! I BUSTED out laughing when I read this!!
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #181
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I want to be famous for my breakdowns.
Your breakdowns are classic....but, I don't think anything beats HM's breakdown in season III!!! That was just....wellllll, CLASSIC!! Sooooo funny!!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #182
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

I don't know, Ark Bronco's was pretty good last year. But it was more via PM, but still classic.
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #183
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Bronco View Post
Huh is something going on we the public are not aware of?

There is absolutely nothing going on behind the scenes that I know of!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #184
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
Um, is this thing on
Voting may start at noon today. Voting must be concluded by noon on Monday.

That should be plenty of time to negotiate & strategize. Or throw darts at a board or whatever floats your boat.

I guess if it were me, I'd be trying to get together with teammates to try to figure out how to most effectively deal with the other team.

But I might be even more motivated to talk to the other team, because they are the ones who have the ability to take me out. Kinda' strange, isn't it?

I might try to stay quiet and hunker down and hope people just forget about me. Sometimes that works out for awhile. But it would kinda suck if most of the voters went after a higher profile target and then I got knocked off with a couple stray votes that were just enough to put me in the second-place crosshairs.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #185
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Well, ODTY showed up tonite on his way to a funeral and we watched SAW III. It was good. Now we're gonna watch Hostel. Can't wait.
Oh man....don't give this guy any more crazy ideas!!

I think we're all gonna get stuck in a room with crazy psychos running around!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #186
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
I don't know, Ark Bronco's was pretty good last year. But it was more via PM, but still classic.
Yea I was telling cbs about it last night and told him I still feel degraded over that. That was one very very big stupid pm. I have to blame Jim Beam, dang bourbon but it tastes so good.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #187
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I think I'd also be trying to figure out who is in which alliance.

But wow. With 33 other people to deal with, and most of them either holding back or straddling fences or paranoid or not quite invested in the game yet, or purposely acting as spies and information brokers, or involved in only tentative but contradictory alliances just waiting to pop... it might not be that easy to get a very clear picture right now, huh?

Plus, you know, if you start sending around PMs saying let's all go out and kill Joe Blow, it's a pretty safe bet that Joe Blow will hear about that one way or another and do something unpleasant in response.

On the other hand, maybe Joe Blow already thinks you're out to get him, based on other people's lies or sheer paranoia.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #188
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Classic Survivor situation:

A & B form early alliance. They are solid. A & B realize that there are some big schools of fish floating around and it might be wise to expand it to 3. So they approach C.

C is already in an alliance with D. He has no particular grudge against A & B, so he's happy to join A & B, but he realizes he's the odd man out if things get nasty, so he doesn't tell A & B about D. But no harm, right? He figures that D is just sort of a bonus anyway, and what A & B don't know won't hurt them.

Then A, B & C get an alliance offer from E & F who are themselves feeling paranoid and out of the loop, and looking for some warm place to hide in the numbers. It's a friendly arms-length alliance - and no big deal ... until A,B, E and F all decide it might be a good idea to take out D who they think might somehow be connected with G, H, I and J.

So plans are made. But now C panics. Oh my gosh. Can't have D killed. So C and D tell G, H, I and J that they are being targeted by A, B, E and F. And C and D then join them, thereby screwing over the other four.

From A's standpoint, his very second "recruit" was a bloody traitor. How could the guy turn on him so fast?

The bigger the alliances get, the more likely it is they will snap at some point and the louder the bang it makes when they do.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #189
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
I think I'd also be trying to figure out who is in which alliance.

But wow. With 33 other people to deal with, and most of them either holding back or straddling fences or paranoid or not quite invested in the game yet, or purposely acting as spies and information brokers, or involved in only tentative but contradictory alliances just waiting to pop... it might not be that easy to get a very clear picture right now, huh?

Plus, you know, if you start sending around PMs saying let's all go out and kill Joe Blow, it's a pretty safe bet that Joe Blow will hear about that one way or another and do something unpleasant in response.

On the other hand, maybe Joe Blow already thinks you're out to get him, based on other people's lies or sheer paranoia.

OD, you're enjoying this a little too much, methinks.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #190
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:

A & B form early alliance. They are solid. A & B realize that there are some big schools of fish floating around and it might be wise to expand it to 3. So they approach C.

C is already in an alliance with D. He has no particular grudge against A & B, so he's happy to join A & B, but he realizes he's the odd man out if things get nasty, so he doesn't tell A & B about D. But no harm, right? He figures that D is just sort of a bonus anyway, and what A & B don't know won't hurt them.

Then A, B & C get an alliance offer from E & F who are themselves feeling paranoid and out of the loop, and looking for some warm place to hide in the numbers. It's a friendly arms-length alliance - and no big deal ... until A,B, E and F all decide it might be a good idea to take out D who they think might somehow be connected with G, H, I and J.

So plans are made. But now C panics. Oh my gosh. Can't have D killed. So C and D tell G, H, I and J that they are being targeted by A, B, E and F. And C and D then join them, thereby screwing over the other four.

From A's standpoint, his very second "recruit" was a bloody traitor. How could the guy turn on him so fast?

The bigger the alliances get, the more likely it is they will snap at some point and the louder the bang it makes when they do.
Thats why I've found it better to be letter R
Hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #191
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Another Survivor Scenario: The Meatgrinder.

You need a partner for this, and it's hard to set up, but the basic idea is to find two roughly equal alliances and then each of you "joins" one side. And both of you quietly fan the flames of paranoia against the other side, without ever actually putting yourself in the captain's chair. And, after all, you don't fit in the captain's chair anyway, because you're just sort of a straggler and you aren't quite as tight with the others. And they don't completely trust you anyway, because you aren't in ther "core" alliance ... but on the oter hand, they are desperate for numerical advantage so they will take whatever help they can get.

Your buddy is doing the same thing on the other side. And the idea is to force the two armies to go to war ... naturally knocking off the perceived leaders ... back and forth and back and forth ... until the meatgrinder takes out everyone in between.

Rinse, repeat.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #192
Arkansas Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:

You just had to use A&B so much didnt you.
Arkansas Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #193
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Another Survivor Scenario: the camp follower.

We'll call this guy letter Z. No one really knows letter Z very well. They don't talk to him. He hardly ever gets a PM. As big alliances naturally form, both sides naturally figure that Z must be either neutral (true) or in the other one.

Z is simply wandering around trying to find a dogpile that he can jump on so he won't be on the bottom. He has no strategy beyond that. Since no one ever talks to him, he assumes that most of the other players aren't talking either, and everyone is just cruising around looking for the pile. Eventually, he sees patterns that start to form, seemingly out of nothing, and he starts to tag consistently with what looks like a group.

They are happy to have him, but they don't really trust him much, so there is still minimal communication (because he might be a spy). meanwhile, the other side just naturally assumes that he's in deep with his group, and they won't talk to him at all. Unless it's to trade info ... but he doesn't really have any.

Sooner or later he is rubbed out for being in the wrong gang, even though he never joined it.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #194
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

GO Bison

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

All I gotta say i just be careful who's tent you stay in and make sure they throw the grenades.
missingnumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #195
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Dangerous roles:

1. The Organizer. Big target. On your back. All the time.

2. The Islolationist. Cheap kill. You can be taken out at will, without ramifications.

3. Mystery Man. They will all assume you're on the other side. Nothing like making everyone your paranoid enemy.

Therefore, the safest role is "Rank and File."

Learn to Conform.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #196
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Unless you're among the rank and file in a targeted group. Then you're dead too.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #197
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Unless you bolt and run at the first sign of trouble.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:08 PM   #198
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Sometimes its best to just not know a damn thing.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #199
Falconer
Perennial Pro-bowler

This day is for you

Man, this season is already just cruising along and the voting hasn't even begun. I am just happy that Hotrod and I are good to go again. I am pretty sure that he wouldn't give me anymore false information. If there is one guy I trust here it is Hotrod!
Falconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:20 PM   #200
Hotrod
Self Appointed Expert

aka Dortoh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Miss I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconer View Post
Man, this season is already just cruising along and the voting hasn't even begun. I am just happy that Hotrod and I are good to go again. I am pretty sure that he wouldn't give me anymore false information. If there is one guy I trust here it is Hotrod!
Well its good to have friends.