The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Brandon Marshall the man?
Yes. He'll be an explosive, play-making receiver next year. 163 83.16%
Yes, if you mean he's above average with character issues. 11 5.61%
It's too early to say. One good season isn't enough. 22 11.22%
No. He's a PR time bomb./ Cutler made him look good. 0 0%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Can we finally agree that Marshall is a legitimate number one?

A lot of people were split on this guy. One poster even said he wouldn't be convinced until he had a 200 yard, 3 touchdown game. So where are we (Bronconation) on this guy?
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

who the hell is split on this guy?
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

he's the best player on the offense not named Jay Cutler
Old 01-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

who is arguing this? what more does he need to do?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #5
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

He's a number 1 and I believe will be a top 5 receiver in the league for years to come. One of the best receivers after the catch that I have ever seen.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #6
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Hold your horses, people! There is a poll!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:57 PM   #7
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
He's a number 1 and I believe will be a top 5 receiver in the league for years to come. One of the best receivers after the catch that I have ever seen.
Boy ain't that the truth. His abilities after the catch are so much fun to watch.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Yes.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #9
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Boy ain't that the truth. His abilities after the catch are so much fun to watch.
Hell Yeah
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #10
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
he's the best player on the offense not named Jay Cutler
I agree with everything except "not named Jay Cutler."
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:11 PM   #11
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

To play devil's advocate here, some would argue with character issues that he still has a lot of growing up to do. There is also the argument that Ashley Lelie put up a 1000+ yard season too and look where he is. No one is concerned about this at all? I admit I am a little, but am more concerned what kind of person we'll get when it comes to a new contract.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #12
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
To play devil's advocate here, some would argue with character issues that he still has a lot of growing up to do. There is also the argument that Ashley Lelie put up a 1000+ yard season too and look where he is. No one is concerned about this at all? I admit I am a little, but am more concerned what kind of person we'll get when it comes to a new contract.
I agree, you could point out that he drops a fair amount of passes as well. He does carry himself like a number one WR, and for the most part he backs it up. For a young WR like himself to finish with the stats he did it appears that the sky is the limit, lets just hope that his ego does though. I have no problem with WRs that like to bring extra to the field. I just hope its on the field and not messing with things in the locker room.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 PM   #13
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Not into the football......yet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

I love Brandon, think he was a real asset last year, and have high hopes for the future but one good season does not a star make.

I want to anoint him but I'm still smarting from the fact that i thought Ashley had 'arrived' after he had his 1000 -yard season so I can't do it just yet.

I AM extremely optimistic though.......
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #14
rovolution
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Brandon, Tony, Elvis, and Jay...The Future of the Denver Broncos
rovolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:46 PM   #15
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Drafted in the fourth round...119 overall? Sounds like a 'reach' when you read his draft reports.

Just great. Thanks a lot Mike and Ted!

POSITIVES: King-sized possession wideout who may eventually develop into a tight end. Physical, outmuscles opponents and comes away with the reception. Consistently extends and catches the ball away from his frame. Offers the quarterback a nice target, has soft hands and plays with excellent body control. Adequate blocker downfield.

NEGATIVES: Overall game lacks quickness and speed. Marginal route-runner.

ANALYSIS: Displaying significant improvement as a senior, Marshall presents himself as a receiver used in third down or red-zone situations at the next level.

PROJECTION: Late Sixth Round
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #16
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp View Post
I love Brandon, think he was a real asset last year, and have high hopes for the future but one good season does not a star make.

I want to anoint him but I'm still smarting from the fact that i thought Ashley had 'arrived' after he had his 1000 -yard season so I can't do it just yet.

I AM extremely optimistic though.......
1000 yards isnt as spectacular as 102 catches.
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:52 PM   #17
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

IMHO he is gonna be one of the best WR's we've ever had. Plus it's not just Bronco fans who are drooling over this kid, opposition fans think he's the business as well.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #18
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtH2O-27 View Post
1000 yards isnt as spectacular as 102 catches.

Especially with the 0.7 secs Cutler got to throw the ball on most passing downs.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #19
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Losing the "Baby TO" persona would go a very long way to making me at ease with him. I was the one who wanted to see a career game from him along the lines that Jay had a couple of games this season....I won't back away from that if indeed I was the one you're so thinly calling out to pick the scab off this whole debate again Kay.

He's come a long way toward being a legit #1 obivously...whether he's supplanted Javon in that role remains to be seen IF Walker is kept and he's able to go at 2006 strength, I fully expect a training camp/preseason battle for that spot that will be highly entertaining to say the least.

In the meantime, how many times do I have to go on record as being highly distrustful of prima donnas? They almost always cause a team trouble at some point...I really don't see where that can be argued. If he loses the whole "Baby TO" thing and doesn't pull a Portis (demand a new contract), then I will be a 100% believer...till then, I'll always approach this new God of the Mane with suspicion.

Flame away if you wish, makes no difference to me.

Last edited by Hogan11; 01-22-2008 at 08:04 PM..
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I agree with everything except "not named Jay Cutler."
jake plummer retired....get over it

Old 01-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #21
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
IMHO he is gonna be one of the best WR's we've ever had. Plus it's not just Bronco fans who are drooling over this kid, opposition fans think he's the business as well.
Funny ... I think he's probably already the best WR we've ever had. His yac is INSANE, he the best run-after-catch WR in the league, hands down. It's a freaking miracle he didn't pop 3 or 4 more to the house. His numbers this year, for a 7-9 team with no #2 receiver, are equally insane.

Sure, Rod and Eddie each snagged 100 balls in 2000, but they had one another, plus a 1,487 yard runing back in Mike Anderson.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #22
Drek
Ring of Famer

Amazing talent as a receiver and I love how he blocks, but lets see him do it again next year before we "crown his ass" as Denny Green would say.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #23
Bronco Jamus
Ring of Famer

Marshall is a mix of possession receiver and game breaker. He hits people when he blocks. He's a football player.
Bronco Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:57 PM   #24
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
A lot of people were split on this guy. One poster even said he wouldn't be convinced until he had a 200 yard, 3 touchdown game. So where are we (Bronconation) on this guy?
I'd say the jury is still out on Marshall. I say this b/c last season, Brandon sort of snuck up and surprised everyone and the teams Denver played.

This season will be different! Marshall will attract double teams, especially if he does not have the luxury of playing along side a WR like a healthy Javon Walker!

Marshall's break out year and a pro-ball appearance this year all hinges on whether or not he doubled team or not! Marshall will need several factors to come too frutition.

Brandon will need to have Stokely remain healthy and have an even better performance at the slot position than last year.

Brandon will need a healthy Javon Walker or have Javon Walkers replacement be an impact WR.

Lastly, Brandon has to hope that Denver has solved its weak injury riddled O-line, is revamped and improved enough to allow Cutler time to get him the ball and for Cutler to stay HEALTHY!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:06 PM   #25
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Losing the "Baby TO" persona would go a very long way to making me at ease with him. I was the one who wanted to see a career game from him along the lines that Jay had a couple of games this season....I won't back away from that if indeed I was the one you're so thinly calling out to pick the scab off this whole debate again Kay.

He's come a long way toward being a legit #1 obivously...whether he's supplanted Javon in that role remains to be seen IF Walker is kept and he's able to go at 2006 strength, I fully expect a training camp/preseason battle for that spot that will be highly entertaining to say the least.

In the meantime, how many times do I have to go on record as being highly distrustful of prima donnas? They almost always cause a team trouble at some point...I really don't see where that can be argued. If he loses the whole "Baby TO" thing and doesn't pull a Portis (demand a new contract), then I will be a 100% believer...till then, I'll always approach this new God of the Mane with suspicion.

Flame away if you wish, makes no difference to me.
I don't think you deserve a flaming. And I honestly forgot who I was talking to about that with. I actually agree with some of your misgivings. He's been productive and had some plays that were explosive but he hasn't scored at will like some of the best seem to be able to do. I can also see why people that take issue with his character concerns wouldn't be 100% on the guy. There's no need to flame you on that. I think it's a valid opinion...though one I don't entirely agree with.