|10-05-2007, 01:34 PM||#1|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Dec 2002
Selvin = ROY? (And other questions)
Here, at the one-quarter mark, are a few random questions about our beloved Broncs. Optimistic one first!
1) With 12 games to go, and the high probability that any Denver running back can near or top 100 yards per game, is there any reason why Selvin can't get 1200-1500 yards and win offensive ROY?
2) I understand how the Bates scheme is supposed to work, given the correct personnel. But since we obviously lack the two wide bodies in the middle, and run stopping LBs, why doesn't he adapt the defense to fit the players we do have? Can't he field a hybrid, attacking defense of fast, if undersized, players such Jarvis and Elvis and Rice, etc.?
3) Is Mike Lombardi responsible for some of our recent idiotic personnel moves, or are they Sundquist's fault?
4) Has the GM/Head Coach combo outlived its era? Seemed to work in the 90s, particularly with Shanny, but I can't think of a single positive example in this decade. Thus: should Shanny be forced to take on a skilled, proven -- and powerful -- GM. (Not the GM as flunky role Sundquist serves.)
5) Going into the season, we were all expecting that Shanny would finally open up the whole playbook for the team, and be bold, innovative, and aggessive. But in fact it seems as if he's been more tentative this year as compared to the Jay games of last season. What gives?
Anyone have any insights on any of this?