The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > MLB
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 03:02 AM   #1
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default Rockies current run

Wow, I'm surprised more Rox fans aren't in here talking about the game. They looked amazing vs. the Dbacks tonight. Great defense, very good pitching, and smart, patient, timely hitting. My only question is:

When did the Rockies get this damn good? It has seemed that they were the cellar dwellers of the west for 14 years. To have all this young talent come together, especially in the last part of September, is amazing.

So, be honest. How many Rox fans honestly thought the playoffs were a possibility this year? And, will this success continue, or are the Rockies a flash in the pan?
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Wow, I'm surprised more Rox fans aren't in here talking about the game. They looked amazing vs. the Dbacks tonight. Great defense, very good pitching, and smart, patient, timely hitting. My only question is:

When did the Rockies get this damn good? It has seemed that they were the cellar dwellers of the west for 14 years. To have all this young talent come together, especially in the last part of September, is amazing.

So, be honest. How many Rox fans honestly thought the playoffs were a possibility this year? And, will this success continue, or are the Rockies a flash in the pan?
I thought the playoffs were a possibility...more than simply nonzero.

But I honestly can't state I thought they had a GOOD chance. I figured the pitching of SD/Arizona would keep them decent, the Gigantes would suck it up or maybe pull off mediocre and the Dodgers might pull it together.

I even counted them out at 4 games back. Figured with Arizona, SD, Atlanta, and LA for 2 spots, it would be just too much for a young team.

And even when we smoked it, the Phillies started getting it together, and it still took an unprecedented collapse by the Mets to at least assist the Rockies in.

This is a storybook year, and I'm loving it.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

It is a storybook year, and it certainly helps with the Broncs having a down year.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Master___Pain
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rock Hoover

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
It is a storybook year, and it certainly helps with the Broncs having a down year.
The General Baseball thread on the main page has plenty of Rockies fans talking about this season.
Master___Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:16 AM   #5
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Missed it. Thanks MP.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #6
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

It wasn't just September that they got hot. They had the best record in baseball from about the end of May on.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #7
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth

Holy Crap! WHEN did this team start being THIS good? I cannot catch most of the games but these guys were playing smart as I have ever seen a baseball team play. They didn't get hurried. Didin't get ruffled. Helton is finally getting his due. This is great. I didn't think O'Dowd had it in him! Bravo!
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiettiger View Post
Holy Crap! WHEN did this team start being THIS good? I cannot catch most of the games but these guys were playing smart as I have ever seen a baseball team play. They didn't get hurried. Didin't get ruffled. Helton is finally getting his due. This is great. I didn't think O'Dowd had it in him! Bravo!
Dude, you need to check out the General Baseball Thread. It has over a hundred pages of posts (something like 2,700 new posts) in the last couple weeks. A lot of us have lived in there the last two or three weeks.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote