The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Other Sports Discussion > NBA & NCAA
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default Oden Out Entire Season

Knee surgery was bad! Sucks to hear, he has loads of potential.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3017538
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

What a shame. That's unfortunate since the NBA needed the Oden-Durant rivalry to generate positive press in the game again. The Sonics-Blazers game on Christmas Day doesn't look so good now.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:14 PM   #3
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I agree to a point.

Although, I think this is the year the NBA could really come back, because Boston is good. This year, if things go to plan, NBA Fans will see a real NBA Finals. A real battle. That'll be good for everybody, IMO. The East is trying hard to come back. Detroit will be there. Chicago will too. Cleveland & Miami have LeBron and DWade. I think there's a lot to be excited about. As long as the refs stop hanging out with mobsters.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Goobzilla
Lights Out B***h!

BA-ZING!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Erickson

Among the best comments I've read so far are:

"Are you sure it wasn't a broken hip?"
"Oden was having some shrapnel removed from when he was in 'Nam."

Seriously though, it is a shame. As we all know in Denver, microfracture surgery is a big deal and the outcome isn't always positive. Hope he's able to come back and we see his true potential.
Goobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I agree to a point.

Although, I think this is the year the NBA could really come back, because Boston is good. This year, if things go to plan, NBA Fans will see a real NBA Finals. A real battle. That'll be good for everybody, IMO. The East is trying hard to come back. Detroit will be there. Chicago will too. Cleveland & Miami have LeBron and DWade. I think there's a lot to be excited about. As long as the refs stop hanging out with mobsters.
I'm excited about the Celtics too, but I wonder if they have enough around their Superstar Trio to assemble a Finals quality basketball team. 4-8 on the Celtics isn't looking so hot.

I love the Bulls as well, but I think what the East needs is one young team from the Orlando, Charlotte and Atlanta group making a strong charge and cracking the playoffs. That's the only way the East is ever going to stand up to the depth of the West, the young teams putting it together and becoming something.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #6
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

**** this sucks, Portland is a cursed place for centers...

The only good thing I can see from this is that Portland is on the highway back into the NBA lottery next year, again...
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:14 AM   #7
NaptownChief
Donkeys Nightmare

Football Pimp

Certainly hate to see this for anyone but especially for a good Hoosier kid like Oden. THis is a good reminder as to why you need to go cash your lottery ticket as soon as you can. If he stayed in school he likely would just be a broke college student with a bad knee, at least now he is a millionaire. Hopefully he recovers fully and can come back and earn the money however.
NaptownChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:26 AM   #8
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Among the best comments I've read so far are:

"Are you sure it wasn't a broken hip?"
"Oden was having some shrapnel removed from when he was in 'Nam."

Seriously though, it is a shame. As we all know in Denver, microfracture surgery is a big deal and the outcome isn't always positive. Hope he's able to come back and we see his true potential.
Yeah, I'm surprised he was able to even participate in the summer league, you know, being 80 and all.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 AM   #9
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52 View Post
I'm excited about the Celtics too, but I wonder if they have enough around their Superstar Trio to assemble a Finals quality basketball team. 4-8 on the Celtics isn't looking so hot.

I love the Bulls as well, but I think what the East needs is one young team from the Orlando, Charlotte and Atlanta group making a strong charge and cracking the playoffs. That's the only way the East is ever going to stand up to the depth of the West, the young teams putting it together and becoming something.
Well Orlando might be coming, they've literally got Shaq 2.0 in Dwight Howard and have got some young pieces that hopefully will improve.