The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 AM   #26
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

The only articles that need new threads are ones that don't from the Post, News, or Co Spgs Gazette.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #27
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Seriously this is retarded. If you can find the news on your own then why the hell are you lazy you can't click to the 2nd page if the first page is too "cluttered"?

Let TJ and his Mods run the site. When they have an issue THEY'll ask Dragondawg to combine them, or they'll merge them themselves. We don't need people knocking solid contributors to the site that have .
Why? Because there is a place for FEEDBACK. Christ, people give it all the time, and feedback is usually WELCOME.

And didn't people seem to like it when NeedAPassRush (I think it was him)....put all the daily news on one thread? For the last time....I said I like the news....IMO, we just don't need 30 threads a day on every single news story. That is all.

At least I thought I was forming it as a friendly suggestion.....not like this....

"Whaa, where's my avatar?"
"Whaa, where's my sig?"
"Whaa, why the **** was my thread moved?"

Contrary to what I'm inferring from some posts here....my original post was NOT HOSTILE.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #28
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
The only articles that need new threads are ones that don't from the Post, News, or Co Spgs Gazette.
Exactly....perhaps that's how I should've worded my original post before everyone flew off the handle.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:14 AM   #29
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Seriously this is retarded. If you can find the news on your own then why the hell are you lazy you can't click to the 2nd page if the first page is too "cluttered"?

Let TJ and his Mods run the site. When they have an issue THEY'll ask Dragondawg to combine them, or they'll merge them themselves. We don't need people knocking solid contributors to the site that have .
No one is "knocking" anyone. It's a good suggestion to combine the newspaper articles in a few or one thread.

And that's how good message boards operate, by member input.

Last edited by Bronco_Beerslug; 09-07-2007 at 10:20 AM..
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 AM   #30
bronclvr
Ring of Famer

She is faster than you! 8.39 @ 156

Dragondawg,

I really do appreciate the News you Post here-I lurk a lot here and don't get into the infantile debates as they will not change my views and therefore are a waste of time (I just didn't realize the main thrust of the Orange Mane was of a Political nature-I thought it was about the Broncos). I apprecite all of the Football threads you bring-It does save time and you bring up stuff I wouldn't take the time to find on my own-keep it up DD!
bronclvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 AM   #31
shakenbake
Texas Homer

I think it is a nice gesture but seriously some threads have like 2 comments.
shakenbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:35 AM   #32
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I'm gonna wait till after Sunday and post a Plummer > Cutler thread then watch the explosion. Should be fun.

Hey I have a serious question, ddawg posts all these threads right? When does he ever comment? I feel like he posts the thread then...*poof*!
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #33
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think it also wastes a lot of space, although it seems most of the topics fall off the first page pretty quick for lack of discussion. Which would then lead itself down the path that the articles should just be consolodated.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #34
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

First off All Dragon doesn't have all day to sit and gather what he has found and put them all in one place. Secondly, the only reason it sticks out is that its Dragondawg that always posts them. The same thing happened last year but it was different people posting them. The articles were still on the main page.

I for one think what he does is awesome. I read the title that he posts and if I want to read it I open the thread. If I don't I move on. Its pretty nice actually. I also bet it saves the out of towners time too and the overseas people even more time. They can pick and choose their articles and not have to sift through 4 pages of article after article in one post.

Dragon ignore the request and carry on my friend!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:49 PM   #35
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
First off All Dragon doesn't have all day to sit and gather what he has found and put them all in one place. Secondly, the only reason it sticks out is that its Dragondawg that always posts them. The same thing happened last year but it was different people posting them. The articles were still on the main page.

I for one think what he does is awesome. I read the title that he posts and if I want to read it I open the thread. If I don't I move on. Its pretty nice actually. I also bet it saves the out of towners time too and the overseas people even more time. They can pick and choose their articles and not have to sift through 4 pages of article after article in one post.

Dragon ignore the request and carry on my friend!

Like it's much quicker to start individual threads for every newspaper story.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #36
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post

Like it's much quicker to start individual threads for every newspaper story.

Here's my sign. Basically the stories are going to get posted, whether its DD or someone else. They always do, it just sticks out more when its always DD. I don't even bother linking a story b/c I know DD will be on it. I am sure that is the way it is with a lot on here.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:03 PM   #37
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Nah....you shove it, dip****.

Read my post again. I said I like the news stories.....only that we don't need a separate thread on each one.

Someone here used to do a daily Broncos news thread in a PDF file that captured everything Bronco related from just about every website/newspaper.......I think it was NeedAPassRush....not sure.

Yes, he still does. But it's all the way on page two.

Anyway, my view is that Ilike the articles and the discussions that follow, but it would be nice to have a couple of them posted together. That way all subjects that are of interest can remain at the top. DDawg does a great job of bringing that info here, too.

If I remember correctly, SoCal and a few others that have posted articles int he past have posted multibple articles in the same thread. Maybe it would be a great idea to group articles in one thread with similar topics? Eh, just a thought.

Last edited by smalltowngrll; 09-08-2007 at 02:20 PM..
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:52 PM   #38
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Hey Dragon just start a thread called the (dragon report) and keep adding to it.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:01 PM   #39
Billy Clyde Puckett
Billy=Semi Tough Big Guy

Looking down on KC, SD and Oakland

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Much ado about nothing.
Billy Clyde Puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:43 PM   #40
Odysseus
Fan of the home team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default Danger: Rant Mode In Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagmar View Post
I'm gonna wait till after Sunday and post a Plummer > Cutler thread then watch the explosion. Should be fun.

Hey I have a serious question, ddawg posts all these threads right? When does he ever comment? I feel like he posts the thread then...*poof*
!
Dawg is the Bob Newhart of posters. He doesn't have to say a lot. I get it.

The funny thing is the people who are complaining have high speed connections, comfortable chairs and nothing to do but camp out all over the 9 different newsgroups. Search function works great if you connection doesn't cost you a left nut and crawl across the stage like an out work pop star.

I can't bring up the News. Post, Colorado Springs or local papers quickly and I doubt if a person is NOT from Denver they would know where to go. If this is just a local board COOL whatever but what is the point of map showing your global footprint when the only thing you do for anybody outside the contiguous United States is whine and complain about anything that benefits somebody overseas?

This guy carried the Orangemane through the summer while some of our best posters laid down and cried like little babies all summer long. Take away the Plummer pull toy and what's left? Poof! Why SHOULD he post? What is there really to say? It's the frigging off season? Nobody gets that?

Whatever you do is fine but in the end what you DO speaks for who you are not all the smart words you slap on it. Dragondawg POSTS articles on an online forum. Why is that too complicated to comprehend?
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote