|08-13-2007, 12:17 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Florence, Colorado
All of them.
Yet another January standings prediction...
1. NY Jets- Makes sense to me, New England has more talent, but will they become a team that Belichick wants?
2. New England- Could be a wildcard team with 12 wins.
3. Miami -New coach energizes what is an old roster on defense and no real identity on offense. No better than 3rd tho.
4. Buffalo- Yeah. Lose half the defense through FA loss, outright release or trades and they expect to compete with NE or NYJ?
1. Cincinatti- May show some maturity, if they do, could be a title contender. If.
2. Cleveland-Crennel shows enough improvement to save his job for a season.
3. Pittsburgh-Could be a 10 win team that misses the postseason. AFC North is close, talentwise.
4. Baltimore Ravens- Have a dominant year, then they fall off. Defense will be impressive, offense...not so much.
1. Indianapolis. Only South Champion in the division's history...it continues. SB champions and all that BS.
2. Jacksonville- Another 10 win team that wont get to the postseason
3. Tennessee- Titans will improve, but hard to look at them as a team that will be a consistant winner...yet.
4. Houston- Texans really improve, but its a 2 team division right now.
1. Denver has won 22 games in the last two seasons and is a season removed from the AFC Championship. Improvements in the secondary, defensive line and QB will put them back into the playoffs. Homerism abound, its a Broncos board, I can put them here if I want.
2. San Diego-I call them a schitzo team. One year, they are all world, the next, average. If they follow form, this is an off year. Good enough to make the playoff's as a 6 seed.
3. Kansas City- Aging offense coupled with a solid defense equals 3rd place.
4. Oakland. Obvious reasons.
1. San Francisco- Split with ST Louis, swept by Arizona, swept Seattle, could have won the division if they beat Arizona one time. They have enough to cut the playoff teeth for Smith and Gore
2. Arizona- Wisenhunt pushes the Cards to their first winning season since 1998, and its keyed by James, not by the passing game.
3. St Louis-Stephen Jackson is a beast. St Louis has offensive explosion and a solid defense, they could surprise.
4. Seattle- Just a down year. They should bounce back in 2008
1 New Orleans- All offense in the Crescent City, good enough to return to the playoffs, and potentially a championship run...if they can force turnovers on defense.
2. Carolina- Led by Carr, not Delhomme, they make the playoffs as a WC.
3. Tampa Bay- I think Gruden leads tampa to a 7-9 to a 9-7 record. He gets fired anyway.
4. Atlanta- Harrington at QB...means they will be able to pass once and awhile...but too much drama for this team.
1. Green Bay- Favre's last season, they make it about him, and it takes them to the playoffs.
2. Chicago-They slip, Grossman is a good, not great, QB, and is too inconsistant to repeat a nifty 2006.
3. Detroit- Much improved, offense in detroit should be exciting...defense not so much.
4. Minnesota- Peterson is a sole brightspot in a dismal season
1. Dallas- Romo returns to the playoffs, potential NFC Championship game appearance. Loses to NO.
2. Philly- McNab gets hurt again.
3. Washington- Portis gets hurt again. Skins lack depth and Gibbs is out of it.
4. NY Giants- Ehh...Eli really improves, defense gets worse.
AFC Playoffs: Denver, NYJets, Cinci, Indi, New England, SD
NFC Playoffs: New Orleans, Dallas, San Francisco, Carolina, Arizona
Denver meets Cinci in AFC Title game
New Orleans meets Dallas in NFC Title game
Denver wins SB 42 over NO
|08-13-2007, 12:51 AM||#3|
Draft Defense Early&Often
Join Date: Oct 2004
No way the Jets win the division with 12 or 13 wins? They are a 9 to 10 win team.
I like Chicago, Detroit and Minnesota more than GB. This could be the most improved division in football, along with the NFC West.
I don't like Dallas either But the Redskins, and Giants are going to be awful. Dallas could win the division with a 9-7 record. But I think Philly will take it 10-6.
SUPER BOWL: Denver 31, Chicago 16 Griese gets sacked 5 times and throws 3 ints.
|08-13-2007, 12:54 AM||#4|
I WANT DEFENSE!
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
1. Baltimore-most talent in the division
3. Cincinnati-still reeling from last year
4. Cleveland-still don't see them improving enough
2. Indianapolis-lost too much
2. San Diego-can see Turner ruin even this
4. KC-OL was their bread and butter. It's gone
1. San Francisco
2. St. Louis-as you said could surprise and take it from SF
3. Tampa Bay
4. Atlanta-and not because Vick is gone
3. Green Bay-they may make it about Favre but Favre can't make it
Wont' predict the ending, superstitious that way.
|08-13-2007, 02:22 AM||#7|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Jack Del rio
Where do any of you get the J-e-t-s ahead of the Pat's. 1 word for you.... NO WAY JOSE! Green bay will not win the division period. And lastly Peyton vs anyone else in the division, not even close. Who is the QB for Jax?
|08-13-2007, 02:57 AM||#8|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
1. New England
2. New York Jets
2. San Diego
4. Kansas City
2. St. Louis
3. San Francisco
1. New Orleans
3. Tampa Bay
2. Green Bay
3. New York Giants
Last edited by ZONA; 08-13-2007 at 03:01 AM..
|08-13-2007, 06:04 AM||#9|
Ring of Famer
Join Date: Sep 2004
Wait until you see how the Pats slap the Sparkies around again......
Lots of predictions that look pretty good, but predicting outcomes of future games is a bit precarious.