The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME
Default OT: Cell Phone Advise...

Hey all, so it's that time for me to become Verizon's b**** again and upgrade my phone (which renews my contract for another two years unfortunately). But I figure what the hell, mine is about dead anyway. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... My question is, does anyone have the MotoKRZR or the Chocolate or the Samsung SCH-u740 and what are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks in advance
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #2
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

you don't have to do a two year contract. The only savings you get for that is typically a 50 dollar credit
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
you don't have to do a two year contract. The only savings you get for that is typically a 50 dollar credit
I know, but I figure, I am going to need a cell phone for everyday life so what the hell, might as well get a new one for free. And ****, the way I am with phones, it wont matter, as I will have to use the insurance and get a new one in the next six months.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:59 AM   #4
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

The big joke is the iPhone. Since AT&T isn't subsidizing the phone...you shouldn't have to sign a contract with them. That's where the service contracts started ...for subsidized phones. Think about that.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
Hey all, so it's that time for me to become Verizon's b**** again and upgrade my phone (which renews my contract for another two years unfortunately). But I figure what the hell, mine is about dead anyway. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... My question is, does anyone have the MotoKRZR or the Chocolate or the Samsung SCH-u740 and what are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks in advance
Don't go with either..i had a Razor..lightly dropped it and the corner piece broke off..so got another motorola and it always freezes up on me or will say that it's configuring applications..just terrible brand of phone IMHO..and as far as the chocolate i've heard nothing but problems with it..my brother and some co-workers have it and they say the buttons on it stop working or don't work very well...Samsung is the way to go!!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #7
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I am eyeing this thread pretty avidly, I was gonna post the same question. Seriously thinking about going the RAZR route.
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:50 PM   #8
anthonypacino
off season mode

Quote:

Thanks in advance
I too am getting ready to "upgrade" I have many friends who have the RZR and it's crappy, poor reception and low battery life, plus everyone and his dog have got one. I really haven't seen a new phone out for Verizon that I like. I currently have the Motorola E815 at the time when it was new it was rated in the top 5 and I have never had a problem with it in two years, I'm thinking about keeping it, it's in good shape. But if I had to get a new one I would look at the LG-ENV or envy however the named it, it has all the features you could want, expandable memory, two screens, music player, full keyboard, bluetooth, internet access, video and photo. And Consumer Reports had it ranked pretty high for the Verizon phones out there.
anthonypacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #9
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

I went with the Samsung.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:24 PM   #10
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

My new every "two" ends next may...I have a treo700w...(BECAUSE OF TACO!!!!), and I hate it with a passion. Great PDA....crappy phone.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:41 PM   #11
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Motorolla phones are horrid. I've owned a few, and just about everyone I know that's had them has had major problems. They're all style, no functionality.

That said, my 12 year old did talk me into getting him a SLVR... as Amazon was running a free deal on them for re-upping a contract. So far, he hasn't had any problems with it. He likes it.

I agree with the above Samsung recommendation. If you want to go a little higher end, Treo makes nice phones, particularly the 650 and later.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:18 PM   #12
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

I have an audiovox...love the looks of it and it works well.
I've had it at least two years and its' been dropped a couple of times and still works well.
I've never had a problem with it...of course, I'm not much into the gadgets...I like a phone for a phone and not internet stuff or a camera...although it does have a camera.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

I need to get a new contract. anybody have any advise. my att/cingular contract i previously had really ****ed me off. tips... as of now, i'm leaning towards version. suggestions?
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #14
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

You know, I've never understood the craving to have the latest, greatest phone. If I can make a call and understand the conversation then it's a good phone. I don't need it to track my e-mail play my MP3s organize my contact database (except phone #s) and give me dinner and a BJ. It's a freaking phone. Don't get me wrong, I do have a modern cell phone and it even plays MP3s, but that was in no way a deciding factor. It is above all a good phone, and it was only $20.00 with the Cingular contract. We got rid of Verizon because we were sick and tired of dropping calls after Verison lost 20% of their network when the Feds shut down the analog towers.

Ben
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:49 PM   #15
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

...and like I've said before...Alltel month to month baby!

Last edited by Sassy; 06-29-2007 at 10:15 PM..
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:08 PM   #16
JanaŽ
World's cutest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1BroncoFan View Post
You know, I've never understood the craving to have the latest, greatest phone. If I can make a call and understand the conversation then it's a good phone. I don't need it to track my e-mail play my MP3s organize my contact database (except phone #s) and give me dinner and a BJ. It's a freaking phone. Don't get me wrong, I do have a modern cell phone and it even plays MP3s, but that was in no way a deciding factor. It is above all a good phone, and it was only $20.00 with the Cingular contract. We got rid of Verizon because we were sick and tired of dropping calls after Verison lost 20% of their network when the Feds shut down the analog towers.

Ben
You must have the Sync. That's the phone I want. Simple looking and has the mp3 capabilities that I want. I have a Katana (Which looks kind of like a RAZR) but I hate it. Even with the volume up all the way it rings real quitely. It drives me nuts. I want a Sync, but it's only offered through Cingular and I have Sprint. I checked into switching to Cingular, but my credit sucks so badly that they wanted a 750.00 deposit. So I am stuck with Sprint and the crappy phones they have.
JanaŽ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:19 PM   #17
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

I am just wondering how long AT&T is going to be off-line because of all these crazies...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:05 AM   #18
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaŽ View Post
You must have the Sync. That's the phone I want. Simple looking and has the mp3 capabilities that I want. I have a Katana (Which looks kind of like a RAZR) but I hate it. Even with the volume up all the way it rings real quitely. It drives me nuts. I want a Sync, but it's only offered through Cingular and I have Sprint. I checked into switching to Cingular, but my credit sucks so badly that they wanted a 750.00 deposit. So I am stuck with Sprint and the crappy phones they have.
Nope. I've got a Sony/Ericcson W300i. It's a great phone. MP3 player is cool to have, but if there had been a better phone there without the MP3 player I'dv gotten that. Honestly, if Verizon's network didn't suck so bad (yeah, it's the network alright ) I would have kept my old service and my old phone.

Ben
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:14 AM   #19
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

just sayin'

http://www.tuaw.com

Last edited by Play2win; 06-30-2007 at 05:17 AM..
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #20
Meck77

Old bump! This conversation is so 2007.

Ok here is the deal fellow maners. I need to get a new phone. I actually hate cell phones but I have to get with the times. Hell mine is so old I can't even text with the POS.

I'm a verizon customer. I guess my two best options are Droid X or HTC? Is that right? I really don't know much about either one. Pros? Cons?

Thanks!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

Ok here is the deal fellow maners. I need to get a new phone. I actually hate cell phones but I have to get with the times. Hell mine is so old I can't even text with the POS.

I'm a verizon customer. I guess my two best options are Droid X or HTC? Is that right? I really don't know much about either one. Pros? Cons?

Thanks!
Call Tatum Bell!

BTW I would go with the new Droid if my phone were to die today.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:57 AM   #22
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

Thanks!
I got a free phone - well 40 bucks with a mail in coupon - that texts, and works well. My wife has one of those fancy touch screen phones and if you are like me with fat fingers (insert joke here), they suck. You cant manipulate the phone. My phone doesnt play tunes, but I guess you probably arent too interested in that if you cant even text now.

When I went to go to Verizon to get a phone 2/3 months ago, they had an LG and another brand that had the slide up keyboard. You can text, if you wanna pay, you can use the interwebz, and again, its free. I got the LG. It works. Battery lasts a long time, its pretty durable, and it has a camera.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #23
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer

As long as it's an Android OS, and you wait until Versizon rolls out the 4G, you will be fine.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #24
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I have an iPhone and love it.

My 16 year old has a Droid and loves it.

Pretty much anyone I know with a Blackberry loves it, though I was partial to the iPhone and even Palm over the BB.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #25
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Attachment 27593

Last edited by Pony Boy; 11-02-2013 at 05:32 PM..
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote