The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Announcements, Features and Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #26
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I teach my daughter to be BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HERSELF! It cuts down on tattle tailing and the fact that she thinks she can blame someone else for her problems. She is only 4 & she is understanding how to be a responsible and respectful person.
Better watch out....garcia will say she is mature enough to marry a 40 year old before you know it.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:59 AM   #27
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
In a sense, you are right. But this is not a democracy here. This is someone else's message board, and I get to post here for free. Therefore, IMO, it's my PRIVELEDGE to post here......NOT my right.

The owner/mods can have any rules they want.....if enough people REALLY thought the rules were bad, then they'd go find somewhere else to post. And if the mods don't want "subscribership" to drop, then yes, they would "listen" to the masses......

I just don't see that many "unhappy" people here.....so I go back to my original statement that this is a pretty damn well run place.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I beg to disagree. We are members of a privately run club. We have conciously joined this club knowing that we are to follow the rules or we are welcome to leave. It's an internet message board, meant for entertainment, not some upstart government trying to set a democratic prescendence.

The policy is "Don't be a dick," it's a good policy.

No it's not a democracy - and they do care about 'subscribers' - that's why they cater to the popular demographic.

Last edited by alkemical; 06-27-2007 at 12:03 PM..
Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #28
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
Garcia's a tool.

BTW, I fully expect to be banned for this post.
Then your understanding of what has transpired is misplaced.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #29
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Better watch out....garcia will say she is mature enough to marry a 40 year old before you know it.
Speaking of mature...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #30
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

This site is going downhill with threads like this.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:08 PM   #31
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

People complaining about rules here miss one important fact...NOBODY HAS TO BE HERE! I know it's been said in many different ways, but it bears repeating until the complainers leave...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #32
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

I really thought this thread was going to be food jacked by now...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #33
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
We DO. We influence board policy through our numbers. If enough people b**** about something, policy is changed. Taboos are set by society, we are a "society" - we set the taboos.
Simple solution.... Spend a buttload of your cash and more of your personal time that you do not have and Start your own website and let the inmates run the prision. There are rules here, either accept them or move on to one of the numerous other Denver Bronco fan sites that you feel will let you say or do anything the posters please.

By the way, there is no such site. Bronco Freak used to be close to that and that is why some of us are here in the first place.

SACK UP
Old 06-27-2007, 12:17 PM   #34
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I really thought this thread was going to be food jacked by now...
A lake perch sandwich and some fries sounds good for lunch.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #35
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Simple solution.... Spend a buttload of your cash and more of your personal time that you do not have and Start your own website and let the inmates run the prision. There are rules here, either accept them or move on to one of the numerous other Denver Bronco fan sites that you feel will let you say or do anything the posters please.

By the way, there is no such site. Bronco Freak used to be close to that and that is why some of us are here in the first place.

SACK UP

I think you missed the mark
Old 06-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #36
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
A lake perch sandwich and some fries sounds good for lunch.

sesame chicken and some pot stickers sound good....
Old 06-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #37
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
sesame chicken and some pot stickers sound good....
Solid choice. Now you have me re-thinking my lunch options.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #38
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep

Quote:

SACK UP
BTW, can't we get this comedian banned because of his avatar?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #39
Meck77

Lake perch sandwich eh? That sounds good. I made some trout tacos last night with some real hot salsa, a dash of sea salt, and a splash of lime. Mighty fine grub!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:30 PM   #40
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by claviculasolomonis View Post
I think you missed the mark
I doubt I missed the mark on this one. This is a privately owned site. The owner (Taco John) has set up this board and its rules. He has picked Moderators to help run his site in his vision of what he wants his site to be. If someone can not play by HIS rules they can either be banned or pick up his toys and find a new place to play.

Why is this so hard to understand? If you do not like the way the site is being run, spend your time and money and do what the EFF you like.

PS: I have had my avitars sensored on many occasions by the mods. And if the Mods choose to warn me about them I would heed any warnings or find a new site to play at... Not act like a child and biotch about them.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #41
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Personally, I love off-season mode. I like seeing the subjects that people want to talk about left on the main board.

I mean... why not let people discuss what they want? If people don't want to talk about American Idol, they can simply avoid the thread. If they don't want to talk about Pitbulls or Investing, they can avoid the thread.

When there's enough quality football info to discuss, the board will be predominantly football talk. Off-season mode should last all year long.

The exception being when football threads are hijacked, which is a different story. That shouldn't be tolerated, imo.

As for the mods... what a total joke. I'm not sure who they ALL are, but considering Garcia is a moderator, one can deduce that there are absolutely no qualifications needed, whatsoever.

The thread merging is the biggest joke. Having to dig through a 3000 post thread to find information on a subject is easier than just reading thread titles? It's one thing if 9 people start the EXACT same thread. It's another if some considerably different info comes out on a subject... and people try to point to that info with a new thread. It's MUCH easier for us (who don't have all day to spend here) to browse through the topics and get some info.

So, to sum it up. Mods should be keeping this place family-friendly, and that's about it. The rest of the crap they do is counter-productive and silly.

Last edited by Popps; 06-27-2007 at 12:41 PM..
Old 06-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #42
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Lake perch sandwich eh? That sounds good. I made some trout tacos last night with some real hot salsa, a dash of sea salt, and a splash of lime. Mighty fine grub!
That sounds good. I would love to wrap up a few trout in some tin foil and cook them over a fire right about now.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #43
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

grilled liver and onions sounds pretty good.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM   #44
Meck77

Quote:
I doubt I missed the mark on this one. This is a privately owned site. The owner (Taco John) has set up this board and its rules. He has picked Moderators to help run his site in his vision of what he wants his site to be. If someone can not play by HIS rules they can either be banned or pick up his toys and find a new place to play.

Why is this so hard to understand? If you do not like the way the site is being run, spend your time and money and do what the EFF you like.

PS: I have had my avitars sensored on many occasions by the mods. And if the Mods choose to warn me about them I would heed any warnings or find a new site to play at... Not act like a child and biotch about them.
I agree with what you are saying CBF1 but why bother calling it a community if the Broncos fan community has no say in what goes on here. People b****ing is just a way of life in the real world or on here. At the end of the day you just can't please all the people all the time. I learned that lesson when the tailgate parties hit 200 people or so.

Without any formal structure of the membership base here it is what it is. I tried to organize it so the online community meshes with the real world side a bit better but we never seemed to be able to pull it together. Damn shame because by pooling all our resources together it would have been real cool but it was just too complicated. It is happening on smaller scales via some things that STG is doing though which is cool.

Either way it's working itself out but it's plain and simple. The more people you add to a community the more complicated it gets.

Last edited by Meck77; 06-27-2007 at 12:51 PM..
Old 06-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #45
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I agree with what you are saying CBF1 but why bother calling it a community if the Broncos fan community has no say in what goes on here. People b****ing is just a way of life in the real world or on here. At the end of the day you just can't please all the people all the time. I learned that lesson until the tailgate parties hit 200 people or so.
Almost what I was saying.... When the TG parties got out of hand and it became more of a headache than fun, you picked up and made changes to what was right for you. If someone did not like that, the hell with them. That is the way it is supposed to be. Imagine some of the people here running YOUR tailgate, You would implode
Old 06-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #46
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Well, this isn't a warning, but I really wish you could come up with something better than the one you're using.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #47
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Solid choice. Now you have me re-thinking my lunch options.
sorry........I've never had a craving for fish
Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 PM   #48
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I have gotten really good as scrolling past some Avy's while at work. One time my IT guys was right by me and someone had a new avy and a girls boobies were half out. Man I had some explaining to do.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #49
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
I have gotten really good as scrolling past some Avy's while at work. One time my IT guys was right by me and someone had a new avy and a girls boobies were half out. Man I had some explaining to do.
Turn them off. That's what I did. I don't see anyone's ava..or sig.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #50
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Yeah I did that actually. Its not really that big a deal though as I have mad scrolling skill and some of the avys and sigs make me laugh. It was just dumb luck I got the boobie one that day. I wasn't complaining I was just relating a story.
Closed Thread