The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #251
NYBronco
Ring of Famer
 
NYBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 2,990
Default

[IMG][/IMG]

The drive to our B & B in southern VA.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:01 PM   #252
Pezman
Livin the dream
 
Pezman's Avatar
 
Andy did you hear about this one?

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Smoggy SoCal
Posts: 9,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

A few from Playa Boca De Pasquales, Tecoman, MX













__________________
Sitting on a beach, earning 20%
Pezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 AM   #253
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Ha it is true. It is certainly a tendency. And those pics really brought that out. I think it is my response to trying to stay away from that natural angle that everyone sees in their lives everyday from their eye level whether you are 5,2 or 6,2. I think a lot is gained from that. A lot of it has to do with the sky. I think the sky puts everything in a shot in perspective most the time. I am actually bringing a small step ladder more places to try and get some more angles.
Hey, what is your flickr ID?
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #254
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Beard View Post
Hey, what is your flickr ID?
ZachIsHere
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #255
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default

How do you get "that color" in your photos? Is it done in photoshop?
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #256
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Beard View Post
How do you get "that color" in your photos? Is it done in photoshop?
Generally I don't like to tinker in PS too much but the nature of my camera doesn't catch a whole lot of color in its natural form. The pictures come out thinking someone will tinker with them in PS. I generally do some level adjustments or color adjustments...sometime saturation. I really look for texture in the photos that will make the colors pop.

My new love is Adobe Lightroom. LR takes photoshop, strips it down, and builds it up to focus on photographers. Made for photographers. You don't have to be a wild photoshop geek to make things happen. There is a free trial I would give it a ride.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #257
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Generally I don't like to tinker in PS too much but the nature of my camera doesn't catch a whole lot of color in its natural form. The pictures come out thinking someone will tinker with them in PS. I generally do some level adjustments or color adjustments...sometime saturation. I really look for texture in the photos that will make the colors pop.

My new love is Adobe Lightroom. LR takes photoshop, strips it down, and builds it up to focus on photographers. Made for photographers. You don't have to be a wild photoshop geek to make things happen. There is a free trial I would give it a ride.
Does Lightroom have any tools or effects that Photoshop CS3 doesn't?

I have so much wildlife down here that I'm thinking about buying an entry level DSLR and start shooting.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 03:53 PM   #258
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler
 
Orange_Beard's Avatar
 
Todd Snider Rules!

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leucadia, CA
Posts: 7,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler
Default

What do you mean by "wildlife"?
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #259
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
Does Lightroom have any tools or effects that Photoshop CS3 doesn't?

I have so much wildlife down here that I'm thinking about buying an entry level DSLR and start shooting.
Thats great, nature stuff is something I really need to get out and do more.

For your question...the answer is yes and no. No in that on the technical picture editing side there is nothing Lightroom can do that PS can't. But, they make it a lot easier with the interface laying everything out and labeling things in terms that make it more simple to manage your picture taking out a lot of things photographers just don't need.

It is also fantastic for organizing and archiving photos. A great digital copy feature so you can be hands off with your original...sort them by a label system, color system, tagging system, dating system...whatever you want.

It may not be for you but it is worth a try.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #260
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Thats great, nature stuff is something I really need to get out and do more.

For your question...the answer is yes and no. No in that on the technical picture editing side there is nothing Lightroom can do that PS can't. But, they make it a lot easier with the interface laying everything out and labeling things in terms that make it more simple to manage your picture taking out a lot of things photographers just don't need.

It is also fantastic for organizing and archiving photos. A great digital copy feature so you can be hands off with your original...sort them by a label system, color system, tagging system, dating system...whatever you want.

It may not be for you but it is worth a try.
Ah, that sounds like a better interface to work from. I've taken 40 hrs of class work on CS3 and still haven't touched on half of it's features yet.

Do you capture everything in RAW format and work from it?
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #261
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
Ah, that sounds like a better interface to work from. I've taken 40 hrs of class work on CS3 and still haven't touched on half of it's features yet.

Do you capture everything in RAW format and work from it?
Photoshop is a beast. I have mastered it as far as everything I need from it personally but Light room came along and just made things easier.

I personally don't shoot RAW a whole lot bc I tend to go on trips where I need the space for more pictures on my memory card rather than crazy quality pictures but it is something I am going to start doing more now that I am learning how much easier it is to do things with them in post processing.

Just eats up computer processing speed playing with them.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:55 PM   #262
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Photoshop is a beast. I have mastered it as far as everything I need from it personally but Light room came along and just made things easier.

I personally don't shoot RAW a whole lot bc I tend to go on trips where I need the space for more pictures on my memory card rather than crazy quality pictures but it is something I am going to start doing more now that I am learning how much easier it is to do things with them in post processing.

Just eats up computer processing speed playing with them.
I'm a complete amateur when it comes to taking photos but have been reading a lot of material on it (taking digital photos). We have a lot of artists in and out of this community and some of them travel the world taking photos, then turning them into beautiful giclees. More and more of them every year at the art festival.

I have over a terabyte of harddrive space, 2 GBs of memory and 2.7 processor so I shouldn't have to worry too much about working with big files.

I found this site, http://www.dpreview.com/ and have been visiting it trying to learn things about digital photography.
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #263
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
I'm a complete amateur when it comes to taking photos but have been reading a lot of material on it (taking digital photos). We have a lot of artists in and out of this community and some of them travel the world taking photos, then turning them into beautiful giclees. More and more of them every year at the art festival.

I have over a terabyte of harddrive space, 2 GBs of memory and 2.7 processor so I shouldn't have to worry too much about working with big files.

I found this site, http://www.dpreview.com/ and have been visiting it trying to learn things about digital photography.
DP Review is fantastic for camera purchase info.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #264
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachKC View Post
Photoshop is a beast. I have mastered it as far as everything I need from it personally but Light room came along and just made things easier.

I personally don't shoot RAW a whole lot bc I tend to go on trips where I need the space for more pictures on my memory card rather than crazy quality pictures but it is something I am going to start doing more now that I am learning how much easier it is to do things with them in post processing.

Just eats up computer processing speed playing with them.
What do you think about this RAW vs JPG article?

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/raw.htm
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #265
ZachKC
For The Glory Of The City
 
ZachKC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 9,837

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Kennison
Default

Thats a great write up.
ZachKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:54 AM   #266
Pezman
Livin the dream
 
Pezman's Avatar
 
Andy did you hear about this one?

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Smoggy SoCal
Posts: 9,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Raw is the only way of life I know. Try passing off a .jpg to an editor of Outdoor Photographer Mag, or a top tier one, and I'd be laughed right out of the industry. Shooting raw to make sure that I get the best color space is critical. I cant trust the in-camera mechanics to get it right for me all the time, nor can I always carry a grey-card either.

Needless to say, if you have the time to process, .raw is the only way to go.

Sports shooting on the other hand... that's another beast altogether and jpg shooting is more than acceptable, its the norm.

As for space, well, having a 2.4 terrabyte workstation certainly doesnt hurt, nor does having 4 750 gig seagate external harddrives heh.
__________________
Sitting on a beach, earning 20%
Pezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:24 PM   #267
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,762
Default

not up to you pros standards..but took this yesterday.
Attached Images
 
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #268
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
not up to you pros standards..but took this yesterday.
Where's that at AK?
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 AM   #269
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman View Post
Raw is the only way of life I know. Try passing off a .jpg to an editor of Outdoor Photographer Mag, or a top tier one, and I'd be laughed right out of the industry. Shooting raw to make sure that I get the best color space is critical. I cant trust the in-camera mechanics to get it right for me all the time, nor can I always carry a grey-card either.

Needless to say, if you have the time to process, .raw is the only way to go.

Sports shooting on the other hand... that's another beast altogether and jpg shooting is more than acceptable, its the norm.

As for space, well, having a 2.4 terrabyte workstation certainly doesnt hurt, nor does having 4 750 gig seagate external harddrives heh.
Well, I'm starting my adventure in the photography world this week (Nikon D40x on the way here). I've been taking hours and hours of PS CS3 lessons so I'm not going to waste them by not using RAW (I'm sure I'll have plenty of shots that need "saving"

Where do you host your pics Pez? A lot of people seem to recommend http://www.smugmug.com/

EDIT: Ah, pezpix at smugmug.

Last edited by Bronco_Beerslug; 08-28-2007 at 10:09 AM..
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #270
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
Where's that at AK?
Chatfield. They had a balloon festival out there this past weekend, and we took the boat out at like 5am. They had like 75 balloons in the air
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #271
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
Chatfield. They had a balloon festival out there this past weekend, and we took the boat out at like 5am. They had like 75 balloons in the air
Ah, yeah I've seen them there before. What's that guy doing in the water
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #272
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
Ah, yeah I've seen them there before. What's that guy doing in the water
he had to take a leak
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #273
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

The Nephews 1st Day of School!
Taken by my bro-in-law.

Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:25 PM   #274
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
The Nephews 1st Day of School!
Taken by my bro-in-law.


I hope your sister lets them boys grow their hair out for winter at least
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #275
Bronco_Beerslug
Angling in the Deep
 
Bronco_Beerslug's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Texas Riviera, Southern Mountains
Posts: 24,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
he had to take a leak
I would've went for altitude if I had to go
Bronco_Beerslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Denver Broncos