The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default OT - Ambien Stories

Seems like from some of the posts on here that there are quite a few of us on here who take Ambien to help us sleep. Anybody have any good stories of weird stuff that happens if you don't go right to sleep?

Here's mine: About a year ago I was taking Ambien pretty regularly but I wouldn't go right to sleep after taking it. Well I didn't crap for like 2 weeks and I couldn't figure out why. I wasn't eating any differently or anything. Then one day I went down to the basement because I blew a fuse and I found about ten mounds of crap on the floor. Turns out I had been crapping down in the basement and didn't even know it! Weird stuff huh?

Anyone else?
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

wow

just wow...I can hardly imagine a topper to that, and sadly I know I am wrong
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:13 PM   #3
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I wanna get some of that ****. Not sure if my doc would give it to me though.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Interesting. That will be a hard one to beat.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:20 PM   #6
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
Seems like from some of the posts on here that there are quite a few of us on here who take Ambien to help us sleep. Anybody have any good stories of weird stuff that happens if you don't go right to sleep?

Here's mine: About a year ago I was taking Ambien pretty regularly but I wouldn't go right to sleep after taking it. Well I didn't crap for like 2 weeks and I couldn't figure out why. I wasn't eating any differently or anything. Then one day I went down to the basement because I blew a fuse and I found about ten mounds of crap on the floor. Turns out I had been crapping down in the basement and didn't even know it! Weird stuff huh?

Anyone else?

Note to self: keep TP in the basement if I ever start taking ambien.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Dude you can't ask for other stories when none of them will compare to that. Jesus Christ I have heard of eating and not knowing it but damn ****ting in the basement is a new one!

I used to take Ambien when I worked overnights. The only story I have is don't drink a beer or 2 and then take your ambien the results are not good. But nothing like crapping in the basement!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #8
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:

Anyone else?
You win.
Attached Images

listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #9
extralife
Ring of Famer

And people wonder why I am against prescription medication.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #10
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

We were WAY ahead of the curve on the Ambien sleep stuff ... this story should probably take the cake:

My buddy, I'll call him Jack (cause that's his name), we shared a big house in Playa del Rey with a prissy 55 y.o Cuban guy in 2001-02. This guy, I'll call him 'Ariel' (cause that's his name), was a Castro refugee as a teen, still had a thick Cuban accent. He was a fidgety little fussbudget, quite prone to drama. He took this new drug Ambien to sleep ... and he kept leaving messes, like half-eaten TV dinners on the table with the microwave door open in the middle of the night, and not remember having done it. Once a mess stayed there maybe a day and-a-half when, in a real snit, he accused Jack of it, and told him to clean it up. Well we figured out pretty quick that the Ambien was causing his sleep-eating and memory dropouts.

One night, Ariel he comes into the living room like a zombie and MAKES A PASS AT JACK! Ariel had been married and always seemed to appreciate women, so this came as a big shock to us. So, we confronted Ariel about it - nicely - the next day. After we pieced together a strong case including the sleep-eating, he gave in and apologized. He told us that in Cuba, married men are very often gay (however that works, I don't even want to know).

So Jack, being a serious practical joker and thinking he deserved a kind of payback for the messes, the accusations, and the pass, concocted a plan.

The three of us went shopping sometimes on weekends, and occassionally ate at the Boston Market restaurant (Sepulveda and Manchester, few blocks north of LAX for LA people), and we noticed that a neighbor of ours was the manager of the place. Marty was a nice guy, and we became friends with him, Jack and I did anyway. He'd come over and watch football (even though he was a Chargers fan ). Sometimes he dropped by free meals and stuff for Jack and I ... but that left Ariel feeling slighted. He began to be afraid of Marty, and fret to us, "Marty doesn't like me! He never gives me free food!" Marty would tell us how Ariel would come into the restaurant and act strange - "your friend comes into the restaurant and he just stands there like he's waiting for something." Anyway, Ariel started honestly disliking and actually becoming comically AFRAID of Marty. It got so bad, the little fussbudget would look out the window and watch for him to come home ..."There he is! There he is!" When Marty would come over, Ariel would peek through the window, "here he comes! here he comes!" and when he knocked, "IT'S HIM! IT'S HIM!" as he ran into his room or out the backdoor to sneak off or drive away ... (guy was a scream, really).

This is long I know, but bear with me:

One warm night shortly thereafter, when we knew Ariel had been without his Ambien for a few days before finally filling a new prescription - ensuring an especially deep sleep with no eating spells. We kept him up til after midnight - kept talking to him - to further ensure a deep sleep. We set our alarm for 6 a.m. and sprang into action. We gently picked up Ariel in his blankets and carried him outside and two doors down and gently laid him into the bed of Marty's small pickup truck, and put some blankets over him. Ambien had him dead to the world ... out like a LIGHT! TOTALLY out!

Then, we get into Jack's car across the street with a camera, and wait for Marty to go to work at 7. Finally Marty comes out, and he doesn't even see Ariel! He starts up the truck and DRIVES AWAY!!! It was about two or three miles to work, so we followed them laughing SO HARD we could barely breathe... finally Ariels' stupid little head pops up and he looks around !! Marty sees him in the mirror and stops the truck as he's pulling into the big parking lot .... he pulls in maybe 50 feet into the lot, leaves the engine and gets out, and starts talking to Ariel - I WAS LAUGHING HARDER THAN I HAD EVER LAUGHED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! Marty didn't seem angry or anything, but Ariel was shaking like a twig. Ariel crawled/stumbled backward in the truck bed as Marty casually extends his hand to help him get out!!! We're sucking for air as we can't even breathe .... Ariel half falls outta the truck bed, and crawls away with blankets falling off him ... he stumbles and finally ROLLS AWAY from Marty. Marty watches him stumble away for a second, then kinda threw up his hands, got back in the truck and drove the last 100 feet to work.

Ariel goes stumbling across the Ralphs parking dragging two blankets ... until we finally pull up beside him. THE POOR BASTARD WAS SOBBING!!

I can barely type I'm lkaughing so hard....
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #11
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Nope that doesnt beat ****ting in your basement for 2 weeks.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #12
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Okay ... hardest I ever laughed in my life, though, works for me.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #13
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Really? I think you just like gay cubans.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:56 PM   #14
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
That was a good one. And I've heard that about Cubans.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Congressman Patrick Kennedy: crashed into a barricade at the capitol building in downtown DC at 3am. Took an ambien the night before, at the time of the accident told the police he had to go to work and had an important vote. Didn't remember any of it the next day.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:46 AM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

If I want that experience, all I have to do is drink moderately (beers) for a couple of hours, and then switch to Jaegermeister. Wild, wild, wild stuff happens when I do that. Er, did that. Never ever, ever, ever again.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #17
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

I took sleeping pills for a time a while back.

After a while my room started to smell like piss.

Turns out insted of getting up at night to piss I would just go on the carpet.

That really sucked being a grown man and all.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 AM   #18
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Too true. While I was in the military I CAUGHT myself almost pissing into a locker after taking a sleeping pill.

We were deployed and I was getting like 6 hours of sleep a night. I had a dream that I got up and went to the bathroom, but just as the stream started coming out, I woke up.

I guess that's why they ask if you've ever sleepwalked before you join.

You know I complained a lot, but it really wasn't all that bad. I might consider becoming a military officer after I graduate.

I'd go Marines this time though.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #19
thumpc
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Richard Quinn

I hung out with a girl who took adderal in the day, and the ambien every night. She started seeing people walking through the room before she went to sleep. She
would sleepwalk too, get lost in apt building halls half naked.
She had to give that stuff up.
thumpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 AM   #20
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Turns out I had been crapping down in the basement and didn't even know it! Weird stuff huh?
"Over share" I don't think I would of told anybody that.......
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #21
chawknz
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hey now!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

I took Ambien once and will never do it again. My story isn't all that great, but to me, it was freaky as hell.

I took it as I was about to go to bed. I was sitting at my computer doing some work when 30 minutes or so later, I started noticing that there were all these faces in my room talking to me. When I would turn to face them, they would all disappear and I would think, "Wow, I must be ready for bed". As soon as I turned back to my computer, the faces appeared again.

I found myself starting to talk to them. Every once in awhile I would turn and they would disappear again, but as soon as I returned to the computer, so would they and I'd start talking to them again.

Then, the game I was playing on my computer seemed to turn into this mini world that I was trying to reach into my monitor to touch, talk to the characters on the screen, and trying to interact with it way more than should be.

Don't remember much after that as I must have lost the battle and fell asleep. I'm not talking minor "out of the corner of my eye" stuff, but talking full blown hallucinations with voices and everything.

Fun but I gave up recreational hallucinating years ago.
chawknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #22
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I've said it once. I'll say it again.

Why on Earth more of you guys don't just roll over and ask your wives/girlfriends/etc. about their day instead of taking pills, I'll never know. Works like a charm.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:26 AM   #23
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
I've said it once. I'll say it again.

Why on Earth more of you guys don't just roll over and ask your wives/girlfriends/etc. about their day instead of taking pills, I'll never know. Works like a charm.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #24
cabronco
Broncos & LA Kings fan

PFM / Kopitar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Superbowl Bound

I have my healthier cereals I eat , then I have the giant size lucky charms box, for the times I just want a sugar fix. My girlfriend slept like a log at that point & time three years ago. I was taking Ambien to help sleep fom back/ legs pain. Well a time later, weighing myself, I noticed putting on the LBS, and didnt know why. I thought my girlfriend was helping me eat the Charms, but it was only me getting up in late hours and polishing off bowls of cereal without remembering. My girlfriend caught me in the act, and took the bowl away & guided me back to bed. I didnt even remember that. Needless to say I said F-that & gave them to my ex-wife.

J/k about the ex thing, but no more Ambien for me. Its tough to top the Posters story though. Later though my Mom says, yeah my Dr. has me on Ambien...I said Nooooooooooooooooooo.
cabronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #25
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
I took sleeping pills for a time a while back.

After a while my room started to smell like piss.

Turns out insted of getting up at night to piss I would just go on the carpet.

That really sucked being a grown man and all.
That was pretty much my same experience.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote