The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Fear the Walking Dead Thread

Everybody loves zombies.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This show is already off to a good start. Check out what the kid is drawing!

Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:35 PM   #3
bronco militia
made a business decision"

good stuff, but not nearly as entertaining as the WD pilot.

Frank Dillane (Nick) was great. Hopefully they don't kill him off too soon.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:51 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Is this worth watching? I really dislike the walking dead, but thought maybe this was their way of fixing some of the things that bothered some people
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!

I like it. Sick of wondering what the big cities were like when the **** went down.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #6
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Is this worth watching? I really dislike the walking dead, but thought maybe this was their way of fixing some of the things that bothered some people
the first episode is 90 minutes. only about 3 minutes of interesting stuff happens. the rest of the time is spent introducing us to the protagonists. they are all really unlikeable people. not gonna lie... i hope they all get eaten next week and we get a new set of protagonists, because "hip ethnic HS teacher + stern b****y HS guidance counselor mom + mopey teenage daughter + junkie addict son" doesn't exactly spell "compelling TV" to me.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:27 PM   #7
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

If you would've added Pro Patriots propaganda this thread wouldn't have been moved.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:05 PM   #8
manchambo
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
the first episode is 90 minutes. only about 3 minutes of interesting stuff happens. the rest of the time is spent introducing us to the protagonists. they are all really unlikeable people. not gonna lie... i hope they all get eaten next week and we get a new set of protagonists, because "hip ethnic HS teacher + stern b****y HS guidance counselor mom + mopey teenage daughter + junkie addict son" doesn't exactly spell "compelling TV" to me.
Just go back to NASCAR and leave drama to the rest of us.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:50 PM   #9
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post
Just go back to NASCAR and leave drama to the rest of us.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:22 AM   #10
bronco militia
made a business decision"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
If you would've added Pro Patriots propaganda this thread wouldn't have been moved.
...no doubt
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #11
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gort View Post
Oh they're doing a dysfunctional family that will come together and be tight like Ricks gang once the apocalypse hits.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:04 AM   #12
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

I really liked it, I'm impressed with the first episode. It was a bit slow but that's ok with me. I am a bit tired of the unpredictable nature of the walking dead, which has some epic episodes, but then others are complete garbage and a waste of time.

If they can keep the pacing consistent and hopefully keep the story interesting, I think this will be a good show. I am definitely tuning in for next week's episode.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:01 AM   #13
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I read a few reviews, some of which suggested the first ep was a little slow and it picks up in ep 2. So give it one more week if you're thinking of giving up on it.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:45 AM   #14
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

just finished it.

It was great! I love the unknown of what the walking dead are to the people and how predictable they try and "kill" them.

I am excited for what the season and show bring.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #15
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

It will be interesting to see how they bring along the virus and how the family/people slowly turn into what Rick and his crew became.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:13 AM   #16
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Last week, Madison was the character who played dumb. This week, Travis gets saddled with the worst of it. When Travis calls his ex Liza to say he's coming over and insists that he'll explain his sudden urgency when he arrives Liza makes it clear that she requires further explanation right away. Does Travis say, "I checked out an abandoned church and it was full of gooey viscera"? No. Does he say, "Basically everyone at my school called in sick because of an inexplicable super-virus"? No. Does he say, "My stepson just shot and ran over a corpse with a car and it wouldn't stay dead"? No. He just sits in bumper-to-bumper traffic, repeating that he'll explain when he gets there, until Liza finally hangs up.

This is a textbook example of what Roger Ebert called an Idiot Plot: "Any plot containing problems that would be solved instantly if all of the characters were not idiots." No one in this scene acts like a human being. Travis should just tell Liza a succinct version of what's going on instead of delaying the conversation until he arrives. Liza should stop sniping for five seconds and listen to Travis, who is clearly very upset. And their dumb, whiny kid, Chris who they finally track down at an anti-L.A.P.D. protest over a zombie the police shot to death should actually listen to his parents instead of talking over them, so they're not just standing around when the police open fire on another zombie that wanders onto the scene.
http://theweek.com/articles/574138/f...mbling-forward
Old 09-01-2015, 11:11 AM   #17
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

haha, touche, it was bothersome that they never told the daughter what was going on!

But its what makes it fun and now she knows so it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming season.
Old 09-01-2015, 01:53 PM   #18
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

The primary problem with this show is that the characters aren't really likeable -- seeing all of them get eaten by zombies wouldn't be either surprising or disturbing. The original show, by contrast, had characters that were more personable -- one quickly cared if characters like Rick and Glenn survived.

And the drug addict needs to put on a damn belt -- it's easier to run from zombies if your pants aren't falling down around your knees.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #19
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The primary problem with this show is that the characters aren't really likeable -- seeing all of them get eaten by zombies wouldn't be either surprising or disturbing. The original show, by contrast, had characters that were more personable -- one quickly cared if characters like Rick and Glenn survived.

And the drug addict needs to put on a damn belt -- it's easier to run from zombies if your pants aren't falling down around your knees.
true. i want them all to get eaten. and since this is a 6-episode season, there's little time left to make any of them likable (especially if they keep acting like idiots). i'm rooting for the zombies.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #20
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Rooting for the Zombies is of course the best part!

Like watching the old teeny bopper thriller SCREAM and rooting for the retarded girls to just get murdered already.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:39 PM   #21
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Rooting for the zombies, you can be certain of eventually finding the gratification with this kind of show -- they always have to kill off someone. More than anything else, it's entertaining to see which annoying character gets killed off first. The teenage daughter's boyfriend wasn't the obvious one -- and they failed to show his fatal zombie attack; opting instead to merely show the wound.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:42 PM   #22
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Rooting for the zombies? That's kind of ghoulish.

I have to admit that, by the end, I was rooting for the Atlantic Ocean in Titanic, but that's mostly because the movie dragged on too long.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #23
Gort
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Rooting for the zombies? That's kind of ghoulish.

I have to admit that, by the end, I was rooting for the Atlantic Ocean in Titanic, but that's mostly because the movie dragged on too long.
that gun-hating kiwi guy needs to die.

ruben blades is about the only one who deserves to live. he sees what's really happening and is the only one who hasn't gone full retard about what needs to be done.

also, you see your neighbor eating your other neighbors and what do you do? brb, getting monopoly set. dibs on the shoe!

wth was that?! i think the show writers are either the dumbest people in LA or they think their audience for this show are the dumbest people outside of LA.

...still rooting for the zombies. i hope ruben blades survives though.

Last edited by Gort; 09-15-2015 at 09:28 PM..
Old 09-15-2015, 11:46 AM   #24
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I still think its fascinating to watch how normal people went into chaos when given the chance.

Also, for the folks were watching they just do not have ANY idea or clue about what to do as of yet.

Fun show to watch so far.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:44 PM   #25
Majik
Man7

On Wisconsin

Im really liking the show so far but agree with the post above about the show lacking likable characters.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote