The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #751
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, Spiduhr. But at least they hide the booze in jail.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #752
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,156

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, Spiduhr. But at least they hide the booze in jail.
what you dont make up in Bull**** , like done deal, you plagiarize ......... poor boob ,taking shortcuts and ending up nowhere .......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #753
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OR
Posts: 1,992

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Wow, I just found this thread and thought that I should share my story for inspiration to those trying to lose some weight. My story:

Almost exactly one year ago I weighed in at the heaviest of my life. I'm 6'1" and weighed in at 275 lbs. About this same time my mother came down with breast cancer and said something to me that changed my life. She told me that if she could beat cancer, then I could shed a few pounds. It kind of hit me like a brick in the face. Shortly thereafter I bought an elliptical and starting using it about 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week in addition to starting a calorie restricted diet (~1800 to 2000 calories). The pounds came off slowly, but by August of last year I was at 245 lbs. At that point, and I still remember the day (August 25th), I decided to really go for it and see if I could get in shape again. I started using my elliptical everyday for 45-60 minutes, while keeping the calories in check. I also started to do some mild weight training daily (about 15-20 minutes alternating arms and legs every other day). The pounds started to melt off literally. I was losing on average 2-3 lbs a week until in early December I weighed in at 205 lbs. I hit a wall at this point and couldn't really lose anymore.

I'm kind of a night owl, and late one night I saw an infomercial for a 90 day training program, p90x. I was highly skeptical and had never bought anything off an infomercial, but this one seemed different. After reading reviews on the internet, I decided to go ahead and try it. The program has truly changed my life. Over the next 2 months I lost another 20 lbs to 185 lbs, while increasing my calorie intake to about 2500 calories a day! the program is that intense. I actually fit into a size 32 jeans. I've never fit into 32's since probably before puberty. At this point, I thought that I had lost a lot of muscle and while sticking with the program I started to increase my protein intake and overall calories. I probably eat 3-4k calories a day and have trouble putting on weight. I'm mainly looking to put muscle on now, and I never thought it would be so difficult. Over the past 2 months, I've probably put on 5 lbs. I never thought I'd reach the point where I actually wanted to gain weight! I also know that I'm still losing some body fat as I can see a noticeable difference in my midsection over the past 2 months despite gaining weight. I'm actually to the point where I am thinking of just putting my scale away and going by what I see in the mirror.

If anyone wants to truly change their life, buy and stick with p90x. I can easily say that I'm in the best shape of my life. After completing the program, I still stick with it daily and don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Anyway, that is my story. Hopefully it inspires some people. It's all about commitment and once you get started it is easy to keep up with. Good luck to all!!
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #754
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.
 
Circle Orange's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Styxx, D.C.
Posts: 3,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Spider, you're fatter than me. Congrats.
Wow, you must come from the land of TEENY, TINY people, where everyone is 5'6" and 83lbs...and those are the weightlifters!
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #755
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Great recipe for anyone doing Keto or just trying to reduce carbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Yhz...7B4A00&index=0

http://www.youtube.com/v/73Yhz9J9Fb8&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/73Yhz9J9Fb8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:50 AM   #756
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 12,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Debating your points? You don't have a single ****ing point! All you have is anecdotal evidence. Nothing showing what may be happening to your strength.

So here's some more anecdotal evidence for you, from me: You're a retard.

Not sure if anyone has ever told you, but muscle is a lot denser than fat, so it's harder to visually observe. So if you lose 9 lbs, and your basis for determining your "fat loss" is to take a look in the mirror, well you're retarded.

Next, my basal metabolic rate is 1900 calories a day, and I'm not much bigger than you.

Do you know what that means?

That means at 1600 calories a day, I'd still be losing weight in a ****ing coma.

Stick to what's "working for you", just don't claim you've done ANY research, because you haven't. That's clear.
I find it funny that you say that I haven't made a single point, when I made several points. You didn't bother to respond to most of them. Such as the anaerobic exercises that I do, which promotes muscle growth and strength, instead of doing the aerobic exercises that you suggested, which does shed body fat, but also sheds muscle at the same time. That's a scientific fact.

So you say that I have anecdotal evidence. Okay, so I'm performing exercises that promotes muscle growth and strength. That's what anaerobic exercises do. When I was lifting weights I was constantly adding weight and/or reps to each set that I was performing. Now that I have switched to body weight exercises I have added reps to each set. When I first started it was extremely hard at the reps that I was doing. After a couple weeks it wasn't so hard, so I increased the reps. It was extremely had again. A couple weeks later it wasn't so hard anymore, so I increased the reps again, which made it extremely hard again. I'd say that's a sign of increased strength. The one rep max isn't the end all be all indicator. Obviously I became stronger.

On the track my times have dropped across the board. When I first timed myself in the 300 meter dash I ran it in 45 seconds. The final 100 meters my legs were locking up on me and I struggled to finish. I felt weak. Now I'm running in the 39 second range. That final 100 meters my legs are a lot stronger and I'm finishing in a full sprint. Like I've said before, my times in the 100 and 200 meter dash have both dropped. That's because I'm stronger now.

The stronger you get the faster you'll be (given that you don't add a lot of weight). When I was at UCLA on the track team they had us lifting weights four times a week. All the workouts were to build strength. When I was there Ato Bolden and John Drummond were there training. Both of them won medals in the Olympics. Drummond, who did nothing but anaerobic workouts, similar to what I'm doing now, walked around looking like a light weight body builder. He was perfectly sculpted.

I do find it interesting that you told me that I should be doing distance running, but the guy who's before and after photo that you posted is on the HIIT program, which is based on running sprints. So which one is it? You are pumping up his gains, but then you are telling me that I should be doing something different? And you still haven't told me how running distance is supposed to help me compete in the 100 and 200 meter dashes.

So, lets go back over my results. I have performed anaerobic exercises, which builds muscle and strength, I've kept my protein intake within the recommended range for a person doing intense exercises. I've become stronger and faster while losing weight. I feel great. I'm never tired. But I'm doing something wrong? Can you please explain that.

I've done everything pretty much by the book and have gotten the desired results. That would be the physiological science book, and not that body building forum that you keep telling me to go to. My information comes from university professors (the professor of the physiological science class that I took was very well built, he practiced what he was teaching us). Those professors perform scientific studies on diet and exercise.

I've been on those body building forums. The problem with those forums is that it is filled with people like you. People who swear that they know everything and anybody else that is doing anything different is a retard that hasn't done any research. So should we all be on the Rev diet and workout plan? Is that the only one that works? Those forums have a ton of conflicting information. My information comes from a class that I took, and from bodybuilding publications, that has writers that get their information from physiological scientist or from profession bodybuilders and strength coaches. I've obviously done a lot of research. I have applied what I have learned through research and have gotten the desired results.

As for the amount of calories that I'm taking in, I didn't come up with 1,900 calories out of nowhere. I went to a number of websites before coming to that number for the amount of calories to maintain the weight that I was at. I am taking less than that amount to create a caloric deficit, which causes weight loss. To spare muscle I've kept my protein levels up and done anaerobic exercises. It's pretty easy to figure out. When I get to the desired body fat I will then increase my caloric intake. Actually, I'm going to eat more than my daily requirements so that I can add muscle. But I'm going to shift it to promote more muscle gain.

You need to get over yourself and stop thinking that anybody that has a different opinion than you hasn't done their research. If I hadn't done any research I wouldn't know what physiological science is (did you know what it was before I mentioned it?), I wouldn't understand the difference between anaerobic and aerobic exercises (did you know before I mentioned it?), I wouldn't know to keep my protein levels high, eat the right amount of the good fats, and decrease my carb intake while creating a caloric deficit to cause the body to lose weight while sparing muscle. I wouldn't be stronger, faster, and leaner right now.

Just face it, your diet and exercise plan isn't the only one that works... if yours works at all. You haven't told us about your results. My diet and workout program has produced results, even if you don't want to believe it.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 03-25-2009 at 01:55 AM..
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #757
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I find it funny that you say that I haven't made a single point, when I made several points. You didn't bother to respond to most of them. Such as the anaerobic exercises that I do, which promotes muscle growth and strength, instead of doing the aerobic exercises that you suggested, which does shed body fat, but also sheds muscle at the same time. That's a scientific fact.
Once again, you prove your complete inability to say anything factual and continue to be a ****ing moron.

The only way to build muscle on a calorie deficit is eating incredibly smart, and still only have the deficit at roughly sub 500 cals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
So you say that I have anecdotal evidence. Okay, so I'm performing exercises that promotes muscle growth and strength. That's what anaerobic exercises do. When I was lifting weights I was constantly adding weight and/or reps to each set that I was performing. Now that I have switched to body weight exercises I have added reps to each set. When I first started it was extremely hard at the reps that I was doing. After a couple weeks it wasn't so hard, so I increased the reps. It was extremely had again. A couple weeks later it wasn't so hard anymore, so I increased the reps again, which made it extremely hard again. I'd say that's a sign of increased strength. The one rep max isn't the end all be all indicator. Obviously I became stronger.
Then you must've been horrendously weak and could've make much better strides doing it properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
On the track my times have dropped across the board. When I first timed myself in the 300 meter dash I ran it in 45 seconds. The final 100 meters my legs were locking up on me and I struggled to finish. I felt weak. Now I'm running in the 39 second range. That final 100 meters my legs are a lot stronger and I'm finishing in a full sprint. Like I've said before, my times in the 100 and 200 meter dash have both dropped. That's because I'm stronger now.

The stronger you get the faster you'll be (given that you don't add a lot of weight). When I was at UCLA on the track team they had us lifting weights four times a week. All the workouts were to build strength. When I was there Ato Bolden and John Drummond were there training. Both of them won medals in the Olympics. Drummond, who did nothing but anaerobic workouts, similar to what I'm doing now, walked around looking like a light weight body builder. He was perfectly sculpted.
I'll bet they approached their diets like idiots, too, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
I do find it interesting that you told me that I should be doing distance running, but the guy who's before and after photo that you posted is on the HIIT program, which is based on running sprints. So which one is it? You are pumping up his gains, but then you are telling me that I should be doing something different? And you still haven't told me how running distance is supposed to help me compete in the 100 and 200 meter dashes.
So let's add "Can't read" or maybe it's just "Can't Comprehend" on to your on-going list of mental deficiencies.

I SAID the guy was on the HIIT program. That does not apply to someone like you that's purposefully malnourishing yourself. In that situation, "LISS" becomes the most attractive avenue for success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
So, lets go back over my results. I have performed anaerobic exercises, which builds muscle and strength, I've kept my protein intake within the recommended range for a person doing intense exercises. I've become stronger and faster while losing weight. I feel great. I'm never tired. But I'm doing something wrong? Can you please explain that.

I've done everything pretty much by the book and have gotten the desired results. That would be the physiological science book, and not that body building forum that you keep telling me to go to. My information comes from university professors (the professor of the physiological science class that I took was very well built, he practiced what he was teaching us). Those professors perform scientific studies on diet and exercise.

I've been on those body building forums. The problem with those forums is that it is filled with people like you. People who swear that they know everything and anybody else that is doing anything different is a retard that hasn't done any research. So should we all be on the Rev diet and workout plan? Is that the only one that works? Those forums have a ton of conflicting information. My information comes from a class that I took, and from bodybuilding publications, that has writers that get their information from physiological scientist or from profession bodybuilders and strength coaches. I've obviously done a lot of research. I have applied what I have learned through research and have gotten the desired results.

As for the amount of calories that I'm taking in, I didn't come up with 1,900 calories out of nowhere. I went to a number of websites before coming to that number for the amount of calories to maintain the weight that I was at. I am taking less than that amount to create a caloric deficit, which causes weight loss. To spare muscle I've kept my protein levels up and done anaerobic exercises. It's pretty easy to figure out. When I get to the desired body fat I will then increase my caloric intake. Actually, I'm going to eat more than my daily requirements so that I can add muscle. But I'm going to shift it to promote more muscle gain.

You need to get over yourself and stop thinking that anybody that has a different opinion than you hasn't done their research. If I hadn't done any research I wouldn't know what physiological science is (did you know what it was before I mentioned it?), I wouldn't understand the difference between anaerobic and aerobic exercises (did you know before I mentioned it?), I wouldn't know to keep my protein levels high, eat the right amount of the good fats, and decrease my carb intake while creating a caloric deficit to cause the body to lose weight while sparing muscle. I wouldn't be stronger, faster, and leaner right now.

Just face it, your diet and exercise plan isn't the only one that works... if yours works at all. You haven't told us about your results. My diet and workout program has produced results, even if you don't want to believe it.
The rest is just a trip of complete drivel. You're doing everything by the book at 1500 calories, huh?

And those bodybuilding forums are full of people who think they know it all? You mean, people who have and ARE doing it, along with professional fitness instructors and nutritionists?

So, yeah, let's just face it. You don't know what the **** you're talking about.

If you want to ante up to the table, do so.

I'll let you name a date when you think you'll be ready for it, and we can post comparison photos to see who's in better shape. You're a photographer so you can even do little tricks with the lighting to try and make yourself look like less of a pile of ****.

Scrub.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 PM   #758
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Jesus, you guys taking roids?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #759
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Jesus, you guys taking roids?
No. I've done designers but never the straight thing.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #760
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 12,003
Default

Rev, at this point there is no point in debating this with you. It's like you've put yourself on one side of the argument, and you don't want to acknowledge any other point of view. It doesn't matter what I say, or what I prove, you're just going to dismiss it because you are either a very narrow minded person, or you just want to win the argument so bad that you won't acknowledge any other point, and you'll just fall back on insults, which is usually an indicator that you don't have a good argument to begin with. You haven't given very many good counters to any of my points, but you'll disagree with all of them just for the sake of the argument. It's really silly. It's like if I said that roses are red, you'd call me a retard and say that I didn't do any research. It's just silly.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 AM   #761
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Rev, at this point there is no point in debating this with you. It's like you've put yourself on one side of the argument, and you don't want to acknowledge any other point of view. It doesn't matter what I say, or what I prove, you're just going to dismiss it because you are either a very narrow minded person, or you just want to win the argument so bad that you won't acknowledge any other point, and you'll just fall back on insults, which is usually an indicator that you don't have a good argument to begin with. You haven't given very many good counters to any of my points, but you'll disagree with all of them just for the sake of the argument. It's really silly. It's like if I said that roses are red, you'd call me a retard and say that I didn't do any research. It's just silly.
No... it's because you haven't said anything legitimately accurate.

I started discussion with you trying to help. And you certainly don't have to do things my way... there's SEVERAL different ways that have scientifically proven to be extremely effective.

The calorie deficit you're putting yourself in is NOT one of them, and there's no way around that fact.

You're welcome to take my offer about picking a date at your leisure to see who's in better shape.

You won't. Because you have no confidence in what you do. Because you didn't do the research to find something effective. Period.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #762
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!
 
Jason in LA's Avatar
 
Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: LA
Posts: 12,003
Default

Bottom line is that I've given concepts that are based on scientific facts, and have gotten great results. Most of the points that I have made you have not even attempted to refute. Probably because they are points that you have never learned. You seem to be somebody who is uneducated, which is why you resort to insults and ignore most of my points. I don't think you have the intelligence to refute my points. Where did you graduate from college? I graduated from UCLA, and like I've stated before, I took physiological science. I learned concepts of proper diet and exercise. Those concepts have been proven, and they have worked for me.

Your help isn't needed, and some of your advice won't help me achieve my goals. Like I said, I will be competing in track meets running the 100 and 200, but yet you think it's best for me to do distance workouts. It's silly.

As for this challenge that you have thrown out, it doesn't prove the point. The argument was never about who had the better physique between the two of us. How does that solve anything? Seems that you couldn't refute my points, because you're not intelligent enough to do so, so you throw out a challenge. Kind of like two guys at a bar having a debate, and the guy who can't counter the other guy's points just wants to go outside and fight, like that's going to solve the argument. Wouldn't you find it a little silly for the two of us to post pictures of ourselves on this message board and have people compare the two? Well, seeing that you don't have a lot of intelligence, you would be up for something like that. And you've already set up your excuse if you lose when you said that I'm a photographer and I could make myself look good. So if I win the challenge, you'll just claim that I cheated. This whole thing is silly. If you were to win the challenge, that you mean that you have a great physique, because I certainly do, and it's getting better. I'm almost to where I want to be, and I've done that by using concepts that are proven by science. If you're in great shape, good for you. I'm not going to knock what ever has been working for you. Why do you feel the need to knock what's working for me, and insult me in the process?

So go ahead and cling on to your challenge. At this point you have to throw something like that out there because you aren't intelligent enough to refute my points. And I do find it funny that when we first started arguing you pretty much said that my diet and workout program wouldn't work. After I posted my results, you've changed to saying that I could have gotten better results following your advice. If I had followed your advice I wouldn't be as fast as I am now because I'd be doing distance workouts.

So I'll continue doing what I've been doing. I'm happy with the results so far. Good luck with what ever you're doing.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:44 AM   #763
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,834
Default

Great story Harvitz.

Last edited by Meck77; 03-28-2009 at 07:59 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #764
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
Wow, I just found this thread and thought that I should share my story for inspiration to those trying to lose some weight. My story:

Almost exactly one year ago I weighed in at the heaviest of my life. I'm 6'1" and weighed in at 275 lbs. About this same time my mother came down with breast cancer and said something to me that changed my life. She told me that if she could beat cancer, then I could shed a few pounds. It kind of hit me like a brick in the face. Shortly thereafter I bought an elliptical and starting using it about 20 minutes a day, 3 days a week in addition to starting a calorie restricted diet (~1800 to 2000 calories). The pounds came off slowly, but by August of last year I was at 245 lbs. At that point, and I still remember the day (August 25th), I decided to really go for it and see if I could get in shape again. I started using my elliptical everyday for 45-60 minutes, while keeping the calories in check. I also started to do some mild weight training daily (about 15-20 minutes alternating arms and legs every other day). The pounds started to melt off literally. I was losing on average 2-3 lbs a week until in early December I weighed in at 205 lbs. I hit a wall at this point and couldn't really lose anymore.

I'm kind of a night owl, and late one night I saw an infomercial for a 90 day training program, p90x. I was highly skeptical and had never bought anything off an infomercial, but this one seemed different. After reading reviews on the internet, I decided to go ahead and try it. The program has truly changed my life. Over the next 2 months I lost another 20 lbs to 185 lbs, while increasing my calorie intake to about 2500 calories a day! the program is that intense. I actually fit into a size 32 jeans. I've never fit into 32's since probably before puberty. At this point, I thought that I had lost a lot of muscle and while sticking with the program I started to increase my protein intake and overall calories. I probably eat 3-4k calories a day and have trouble putting on weight. I'm mainly looking to put muscle on now, and I never thought it would be so difficult. Over the past 2 months, I've probably put on 5 lbs. I never thought I'd reach the point where I actually wanted to gain weight! I also know that I'm still losing some body fat as I can see a noticeable difference in my midsection over the past 2 months despite gaining weight. I'm actually to the point where I am thinking of just putting my scale away and going by what I see in the mirror.

If anyone wants to truly change their life, buy and stick with p90x. I can easily say that I'm in the best shape of my life. After completing the program, I still stick with it daily and don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

Anyway, that is my story. Hopefully it inspires some people. It's all about commitment and once you get started it is easy to keep up with. Good luck to all!!
Awesome, awesome story, Harvitz! Congratulations on your success.

About two months ago, my old lady started really putting the pressure on me to get healthy, with her, and get all ripped up before the ceremony (we're planning on getting married next summer in Mexico).

Anyway, I did something that I wouldn't normally do, and that's join Nutrisystem. You know, the men's program that Marino, Golic and Berman all did? I've been doing it for about a month, eating the meals, eating the desserts, working out (lots of cardio) and just trying to make healthier choices (a LOT less booze). The weight has really started melting off, and it's been incredible to see. Honestly, I saw a ton of result when I was just eating the meals and everything and following the program, but not working out (I'd hurt my back moving furniture). My girlfriend noticed the difference immediately, and I look better than I have in probably 3 years.

We're (she and I) are going to start p90x after the MS150 bike ride that we're doing. 150 miles over two days in Colorado, raising money to benefit Multiple Sclerosis research. I wouldn't have even considered this to be a possibility before Nutrisystem, but I am a believer!

It's so easy to follow... a bit pricey, but worth it if you really need to take off some weight.
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:34 AM   #765
se7enm
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Harvitz great story!

And whats with all the rage on this thread?
se7enm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #766
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Starting the Velocity Diet next week.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #767
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Starting the Velocity Diet next week.
Your diet choices are as flawed as the articles you write.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #768
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Starting the Velocity Diet next week.
I finally just read up on it.

Reads to me like it's a liquid version of keto. Keep your discipline, especially for the first few days which should be rough and your head will probably be a little fuzzy, but your brain will actually make a switch and you'll feel better.

This should work really well if you stick to it with discipline Bob. After a month you'll probably be where you want to be.

Personal note: When I did/do keto, and it's a normal side effect of it, I barely slept. That's the worst part. Not sure if this diet will have a similar effect or if your body will either, but be prepared for that just in case.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #769
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,946
Default

Jason don't buy into the straight up HIIT or HIT methods.

Have some room for LSD in your routine.

If you are just looking to get jacked, LSD has to be in their somewhere. Bodybuilders always used LSD for cutting.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #770
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

lol...are you just being silly or is there some documented evidence I can read on LSD and weight loss?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #771
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist
 
DB-Freak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,946
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
lol...are you just being silly or is there some documented evidence I can read on LSD and weight loss?
I don't know if you are taking this seriously, but obviously the LSD I'm talking about stands for something else.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #772
JanaŽ
World's cutest Bronco Fan
 
JanaŽ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Anywhere but here!
Posts: 1,377

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)
Default

I'm finally over the 100 pound weight loss mark. I have lost 102 pounds weight loss now. I have 47 left to go!
JanaŽ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #773
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Florida_Bronco's Avatar
 
Coming Back Strong in 2014

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 13,871

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I finally just read up on it.

Reads to me like it's a liquid version of keto. Keep your discipline, especially for the first few days which should be rough and your head will probably be a little fuzzy, but your brain will actually make a switch and you'll feel better.

This should work really well if you stick to it with discipline Bob. After a month you'll probably be where you want to be.

Personal note: When I did/do keto, and it's a normal side effect of it, I barely slept. That's the worst part. Not sure if this diet will have a similar effect or if your body will either, but be prepared for that just in case.
I've seen alot of pictures of people who did that diet and they just got smaller. They weren't anymore defined or muscular than before.

I'd stick with a good high fat, high protein, low carb diet and focus on weights instead of cardio. Would give a good lean muscle base and the body would burn fat naturally instead of using carbs for fuel.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #774
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
lol...are you just being silly or is there some documented evidence I can read on LSD and weight loss?
long slow distance... pretty much the LISS (low intensity steady state) I was talking about earlier.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #775
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 26,181

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!
Default

Ha I thought we were talking about drugs.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Denver Broncos