The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #726
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr007 View Post
Sorry Rev not familiar with that term, what're you referring to?
Pro hormones/designer steroids or actual steroids.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #727
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I doubt he went down to 3% body fat. That is very very dangerous and based on that picture he's probably between 6-8. In my opinion, 6% is pretty much the ideal body fat for men, and you're really getting into trouble when you're 4% or lower.
Earlier:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Might even be 8
Thanks for all the verification
Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 PM   #728
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Pro hormones/designer steroids or actual steroids.
Ohh, nope never gone near the stuff, so all natural.

After watching Bigger, Faster, Stronger I know I have to work harder than some that do though =).
mr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #729
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Not to be a dick, but you clearly haven't...
Wow, so because I have a different approach it means that I haven't done my research? Man, you're full of yourself. Just to let you know, while at UCLA I took Physiological Science: Diet and Exercise. Which is the science of diet and exercise. I received an A in that class. We had a project where we had to log in every calorie that we ate, and note what type of calorie it was. We also had to log in any exercise that we did, then explain what affect that the calories and exercise had on the body.

You told me that I'm losing muscle. How you came to that conclusion, I don't know. You also told me that I should do distance running.

But wait, all the exercises that I'm doing is anaerobic. Anaerobic is anything that is very intense while lasting less than 2 minutes. Which would be lifting weights, or sprinting. Which is what I do. That's all I'm doing. Anaerobic exercises promotes muscle growth.

But you suggested that I start doing distance running, which is aerobic exercise. Aerobic exercise will burn more fat calories during the workout, but the longer your aerobic exercise is, the more muscle you will lose. That's why many people are switching over to sprints and interval training. They want to save their muscle. Like I said before, look at a 100 meter runner compared to a distance runner. I don't want to look like a distance runner. Sprinters are well defined, which is the look that I'm am working towards.

As for my diet, I'm within the range of the recommended amount of protein that a person doing high intensity exercises should be taking. The bulk of the calories that I've cut comes from carbs. And I'm taking flax seed oil to make sure I'm getting enough fat in my diet.

So my entire workout program is designed to promote muscle growth, and I've kept my protein intake up. I'm stronger, faster, and looking in the mirror, I'm more cut. But you want to tell me that I'm doing it all wrong and I'm not getting good results? And that I'm losing muscle? You're telling me that just because I have a different approach than you? That is just silly.

If you ask several people who are in great shape how they developed that body, you'd get several different answers. I wouldn't knock your workout program, which obviously is different from mine. The way I see it, if somebody comes up with a sound diet and exercise program that is based on research, and they gave 100% to that program, they'll get results.

And one more thing about how much research I've done. I have a stack of Muscle & Fitness magazines. I read Muscle Media every month before they went out of business (I think that's what happened to them). I've read Muscle Mag, Iron Man, and Flex, but didn't care for those magazines because they were geared toward the hard core bodybuilder. I'm not trying to get that damn big.

Just because I've come up with different conclusions and different approaches than you doesn't mean that I haven't done my research.

Last edited by Jason in LA; 03-20-2009 at 07:31 PM..
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #730
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Wow.

I had no idea you were this blatantly ignorant.

Good luck.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #731
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Hey Jason,

If 1600 calories is working for you, go for it. One thing I would recommend is if you're feeling fatigued, you may want to re-evaluate your diet and add some calorie and nutrient rich foods. If that's not the case, then no worries!

Last edited by mr007; 03-20-2009 at 08:28 PM..
Old 03-20-2009, 07:55 PM   #732
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Wow.

I had no idea you were this blatantly ignorant.

Good luck.
Wow, you really are a dick. Instead of debating my points, you just go to name calling. Yeah, that's intelligent. That's an easy way avoiding the debate. I always view that as a weakness in a person's ability to argue a point.

One more point. I said that I was going to compete in all comers meets, running the 100 and 200, and you tell me to stop doing sprints and switch to distance running. Yeah, that's pretty smart. Distance running is going to help me compete in the 100 and 200.

I think I'm going to stick to my approach and avoid any advice from you. My approach is working.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #733
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Wow, you really are a dick. Instead of debating my points, you just go to name calling. Yeah, that's intelligent. That's an easy way avoiding the debate. I always view that as a weakness in a person's ability to argue a point.

One more point. I said that I was going to compete in all comers meets, running the 100 and 200, and you tell me to stop doing sprints and switch to distance running. Yeah, that's pretty smart. Distance running is going to help me compete in the 100 and 200.

I think I'm going to stick to my approach and avoid any advice from you. My approach is working.
Debating your points? You don't have a single ****ing point! All you have is anecdotal evidence. Nothing showing what may be happening to your strength.

So here's some more anecdotal evidence for you, from me: You're a retard.

Not sure if anyone has ever told you, but muscle is a lot denser than fat, so it's harder to visually observe. So if you lose 9 lbs, and your basis for determining your "fat loss" is to take a look in the mirror, well you're retarded.

Next, my basal metabolic rate is 1900 calories a day, and I'm not much bigger than you.

Do you know what that means?

That means at 1600 calories a day, I'd still be losing weight in a ****ing coma.

Stick to what's "working for you", just don't claim you've done ANY research, because you haven't. That's clear.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:02 AM   #734
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

If it helps , I am still holding 220 pounds ........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:13 AM   #735
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Spider, you're fatter than me. Congrats.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:20 AM   #736
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Spider, you're fatter than me. Congrats.
Fat ? you **** I wear a 34 inch Wrangler jean . I dont lift weights or pump chemicals into my body , I lug around 90 pound chains Lift driving ramps , Blue collar work .......... I am guessing you lost weight by brushing your teeth and shaving the hair off your legs
Old 03-21-2009, 02:29 AM   #737
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

So sorry Spider. Mix in a salad every now and again.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:41 AM   #738
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
So sorry Spider. Mix in a salad every now and again.
sorry for what ? A salad ? you poosy .......... This isnt a gym , where you can lift perfectly balanced weights , Or work out with some machine that has glorified rubber bands on it .........you would wilt 2 hours with my job
Old 03-21-2009, 04:16 AM   #739
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I spent 5 hours shoveling manure last week you hick. Don't preach to me.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #740
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Ohh, nope never gone near the stuff, so all natural.

After watching Bigger, Faster, Stronger I know I have to work harder than some that do though =).
If/when you've peaked, you might want to consider Epistane/Havoc. It's mild, and I personally had no sides aside from really bad back pumps 3 weeks in that were my fault for not having my cycle support 100% where it should've been. I tried getting by on the Taurine in my whey, and not supplementing another 4grams, along with another gallon of water a day.

The results are pretty dramatic though.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:47 AM   #741
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
If/when you've peaked, you might want to consider Epistane/Havoc. It's mild, and I personally had no sides aside from really bad back pumps 3 weeks in that were my fault for not having my cycle support 100% where it should've been. I tried getting by on the Taurine in my whey, and not supplementing another 4grams, along with another gallon of water a day.

The results are pretty dramatic though.
Yeah I can see how stuff like that would help, but I'm not interested in getting gains anymore. Pretty much just staying where I'm at and getting a little more lean if I want by taking some time off drinking now and then.

Last edited by mr007; 03-21-2009 at 10:49 AM..
Old 03-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #742
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Yeah I can see how stuff like that would help, but I'm not interested in getting gains anymore. Pretty much just staying where I'm at and getting a little more lean if I want by taking some time off drinking now and then.
What's your height/weight?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #743
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

5'8" in between 150-155.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #744
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
5'8" in between 150-155.
Did not see that comin, midget!

Kidding!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:55 AM   #745
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Btw, that should also serve an important lesson for this entire thread.

You're 150-155 lbs, 6% BF, and I'd guess you still take in 3K+ cals a day because you're doing it right.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #746
mr007
I'm not your buddy, guy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Did not see that comin, midget!

Kidding!
Haha **** off. Yeah I get that same **** from my friends all the time.

Quote:
Btw, that should also serve an important lesson for this entire thread.

You're 150-155 lbs, 6% BF, and I'd guess you still take in 3K+ cals a day because you're doing it right.
I take in a significant amount of calories and as previously mentioned the types of foods generating those calories make a significant difference.

In my opinion, you can't be working out intensely and consistently without taking in a lot food.

As you've stated previously, you're more likely shedding a lot of muscle tissue if you're doing low calories etc... all those diets are pretty much bs and while you may lose more weight in the beginning, you end up screwing your body up in the end since it thinks it's starving due to lack of nutrients.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #747
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Haha **** off. Yeah I get that same **** from my friends all the time.

I take in a significant amount of calories and as previously mentioned the types of foods generating those calories make a significant difference.

In my opinion, you can't be working out intensely and consistently without taking in a lot food.

As you've stated previously, you're more likely shedding a lot of muscle tissue if you're doing low calories etc... all those diets are pretty much bs and while you may lose more weight in the beginning, you end up screwing your body up in the end since it thinks it's starving due to lack of nutrients.
On my bulks, I do a MINIMUM of 5k calories. I actually have to mix in cooking oils with every meal to get there. And it's still impossible to gain an ounce of fat if you're working out and eating the right foods at the right times properly.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #748
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
I spent 5 hours shoveling manure last week you hick. Don't preach to me.
if Shoveling manure is a term for posting Bull**** like Done deal on WPI , then I will believe you other then that ,1 day 5 hours ......... Hope you didnt hurt yourself
Old 03-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #749
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

It's nice that you think manual labor is such a higher calling. Maybe if you weren't such a dumb mother****er who has succeeded lately at getting into trouble with the law you could hire someone to do it for you.

But as the song goes, you may grow up to be a mule.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #750
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
It's nice that you think manual labor is such a higher calling. Maybe if you weren't such a dumb mother****er who has succeeded lately at getting into trouble with the law you could hire someone to do it for you.

But as the song goes, you may grow up to be a mule.
Is that a done deal ? goofy bastard ......