The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #676
JanaŽ
World's cutest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

Dang guys, the Biggest Loser workout program is way cheaper than those other ones, lol.

I just joined 24 hour Fitness to get my ass in gear. I've slowed down a bit on my weight loss and it's pissed me off a bit. For my excuse I've been sick and in a lot of pain since September with my stomach issues so I haven't wanted to do **** for exercise. I haven't been on the treadmill or any major cardio until last night, but I DO walk home from work almost every day, which is 2.29 miles a day. Plus my job is pretty physical so I'm burning calories there too. I've been losing, but not like I was. I have lost 96 pounds so far. Tomorrow I meet with a personal trainer at 24 hour Fitness to get a workout program started, so the last 53 pounds will come off, woohoo! I have so much flab I need to work off. A girl doesn't go from 279 pounds to 183 without a bunch of flab, lol. I have 53 left to go and don't need to add MORE flab to it and don't need surgery that Kaiser said they would pay for! So, I'm going to try to work it off first. I can see my goal in my sight, and I will get there.

Great job to everyone here!!
JanaŽ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #677
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaŽ View Post
Dang guys, the Biggest Loser workout program is way cheaper than those other ones, lol.

I just joined 24 hour Fitness to get my ass in gear. I've slowed down a bit on my weight loss and it's pissed me off a bit. For my excuse I've been sick and in a lot of pain since September with my stomach issues so I haven't wanted to do **** for exercise. I haven't been on the treadmill or any major cardio until last night, but I DO walk home from work almost every day, which is 2.29 miles a day. Plus my job is pretty physical so I'm burning calories there too. I've been losing, but not like I was. I have lost 96 pounds so far. Tomorrow I meet with a personal trainer at 24 hour Fitness to get a workout program started, so the last 53 pounds will come off, woohoo! I have so much flab I need to work off. A girl doesn't go from 279 pounds to 183 without a bunch of flab, lol. I have 53 left to go and don't need to add MORE flab to it and don't need surgery that Kaiser said they would pay for! So, I'm going to try to work it off first. I can see my goal in my sight, and I will get there.

Great job to everyone here!!
congrats and thanks for the update ......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #678
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

I needed to take a body fat test. So I walked into this personal training spot and the guy gave me a test for free. But it was that test where you hold the body fat tester in your hands. I knew that it wasn't going to be an accurate test. Those things are a waste of time because they are way off. He types in my weight, height, and age, has me hold it, and the thing spits out 15.9%. He then tells me that according to my BMI that I'm overweight. I was looking at him like he can't even believe this BS. I wanted to take of my shirt and ask him if he still thought that I was 15.9%. My chest, arms, and upper abs are defined. It's just that my lower abs are slow to come around. I'd guess that I'm between 8-10% body fat. But 15.9%?!?! That's just dumb.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #679
Circle Orange
Frozen Assets.

GHETTO DIET

What is needed:

Comfortable shoes
Attitude
A fair measure of stupidity
Medical coverage

STEP ONE: Have a friend drive you to the worst neighborhood in your area, preferably at night.
STEP TWO: Have said friend drop you off and speed away.
STEP THREE: Wander in completely unfamiliar streets and insult people. Curse, call their mother names, and give them the finger.
STEP FOUR: Run like hell.
STEP FIVE: Use speed and athleticism to stay alive. Dart between traffic, run through intersections, and dive over trash bins.
STEP SIX: Pray. Should you survive, weight loss is guaranteed. Successful candidates are known to lose ten pounds on the first session alone.

CAUTION: This diet has a high mortality rate. But if you succeed, you'll be skinny as a rail. Assuming you want to look like one.
Circle Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #680
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
Nov. 4th I weighed in @ 204 lbs.
This AM, I weighed in @ 180 lbs.

I greatly reduced calorie intake, drinking water and black coffee instead of soda, staying away from fat when possible, working out and taking Dexatrim Max has been responsible for the loss. I'm shooting for 175 by the Diego game....size 34 would be nice to see again as well.
As of yesterday, 170 lbs.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #681
JanaŽ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circle Orange View Post
GHETTO DIET

What is needed:

Comfortable shoes
Attitude
A fair measure of stupidity
Medical coverage

STEP ONE: Have a friend drive you to the worst neighborhood in your area, preferably at night.
STEP TWO: Have said friend drop you off and speed away.
STEP THREE: Wander in completely unfamiliar streets and insult people. Curse, call their mother names, and give them the finger.
STEP FOUR: Run like hell.
STEP FIVE: Use speed and athleticism to stay alive. Dart between traffic, run through intersections, and dive over trash bins.
STEP SIX: Pray. Should you survive, weight loss is guaranteed. Successful candidates are known to lose ten pounds on the first session alone.

CAUTION: This diet has a high mortality rate. But if you succeed, you'll be skinny as a rail. Assuming you want to look like one.
That would definitely work!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #682
JanaŽ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
congrats and thanks for the update ......
Thank you! I miss ya, btw. Not cool enough to venture out, are ya?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #683
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

So since I started working out I have lost ten ponnds.

I feel a little better, sitll eating pretty well, just a couple of slips ups with the sweets and fast food.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #684
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaŽ View Post
Thank you! I miss ya, btw. Not cool enough to venture out, are ya?
I miss you to now that you dont have the man hate thing going on
I was in westy not long ago , Looks like I will be out here runnin I 95 for the next 3 weeks or so , but I will give a shout out when I am close to you ......
Old 02-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #685
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Clady View Post
So since I started working out I have lost ten ponnds.

I feel a little better, sitll eating pretty well, just a couple of slips ups with the sweets and fast food.
keep up the good work ....... it pays off when you get older
Old 03-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #686
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

So Bob has officially lost 100 pounds.

Suck on that.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:44 PM   #687
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
So Bob has officially lost 100 pounds.

Suck on that.
Props....that is a lot of hard work.

Now make sure you don't get complacent and gain any of it back.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #688
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Well I've been having a tough time losing weight. It's hard to lose weight when you don't have much weight to lose. I changed up my workout and diet a couple months ago. I was 6' 187. I weighted myself today and I'm 178. My mid section still isn't as cut as I want it to be, and I still can't get rid of that little roll of fat on my lower abs. I guess that's what you get when you turn 30. I'm hoping a few more pounds off will get rid of it because I don't want to go under 170 pounds. Once I get this last little body fat off I'm going to change up my diet to add more muscle. I'm figuring 180 with around 6 or 7% body fat will be good.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #689
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Do the velocity diet, Jason.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #690
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in LA View Post
Well I've been having a tough time losing weight. It's hard to lose weight when you don't have much weight to lose. I changed up my workout and diet a couple months ago. I was 6' 187. I weighted myself today and I'm 178. My mid section still isn't as cut as I want it to be, and I still can't get rid of that little roll of fat on my lower abs. I guess that's what you get when you turn 30. I'm hoping a few more pounds off will get rid of it because I don't want to go under 170 pounds. Once I get this last little body fat off I'm going to change up my diet to add more muscle. I'm figuring 180 with around 6 or 7% body fat will be good.
Are you aware how low 6 or 7% actually is in reality?

BF% sound a lot higher than they really are. 9% is extremely cut, in reality.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #691
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Yeah 6 percent is like freaking Ryan Reynolds

Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #692
DB-Freak
The lone sack artist

Quote:
I needed to take a body fat test. So I walked into this personal training spot and the guy gave me a test for free. But it was that test where you hold the body fat tester in your hands. I knew that it wasn't going to be an accurate test. Those things are a waste of time because they are way off. He types in my weight, height, and age, has me hold it, and the thing spits out 15.9%. He then tells me that according to my BMI that I'm overweight. I was looking at him like he can't even believe this BS. I wanted to take of my shirt and ask him if he still thought that I was 15.9%. My chest, arms, and upper abs are defined. It's just that my lower abs are slow to come around. I'd guess that I'm between 8-10% body fat. But 15.9%?!?! That's just dumb.
That sounds about right.
DB-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:34 AM   #693
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB-Freak View Post
That sounds about right.
Exactly. People rarely realize how low 10% actually is.

Hey, you body build right?

I'm starting a cut next week. Do you do Ketosis or HIIT?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:36 AM   #694
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

Might even be 8
Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #695
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

I am aware of how low 6 to 7% body fat is. I'm not there yet, but I'm not 15.9%. That's just silly.

When I was at UCLA on the track team my body fat was 7.6%, which was the second highest on the sprint team. They all joked with me and called me fat. A lot of the guys were in the 4 to 5% range. I have more muscle now, but not much more body fat. The last time I took a reliable body fat test (the caliper test, which is a lot more accurate than the machine test) was a couple years back when I had gotten really lean, and I was at 8%. I'm not much bigger than I was then. I'd say that I'm heavier do to a little bit more muscle. I'm probably carrying a little bit more fat, but not much more.

If I'd take a guess I'd say that I was at about 10% body fat. 15.9% would be "soft". I'm not as cut as I'm working to be, but I'm certainly not soft.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #696
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I am aware of how low 6 to 7% body fat is. I'm not there yet, but I'm not 15.9%. That's just silly.

When I was at UCLA on the track team my body fat was 7.6%, which was the second highest on the sprint team. They all joked with me and called me fat. A lot of the guys were in the 4 to 5% range. I have more muscle now, but not much more body fat. The last time I took a reliable body fat test (the caliper test, which is a lot more accurate than the machine test) was a couple years back when I had gotten really lean, and I was at 8%. I'm not much bigger than I was then. I'd say that I'm heavier do to a little bit more muscle. I'm probably carrying a little bit more fat, but not much more.

If I'd take a guess I'd say that I was at about 10% body fat. 15.9% would be "soft". I'm not as cut as I'm working to be, but I'm certainly not soft.
15.9% isn't nearly as soft as you're thinking.

Throw up a pic on a bodybuilding forum. Some people can visually estimate within 2% really well.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #697
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Lower than 4 percent is extremely dangerous.

Competitive body builders only maintain 3 percent for a few hours for shows. In fact, they even get dehydrated so they can get a "dry cut."

Very, very dangerous.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #698
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:

One website has an interview with Reynolds. Claims that he was down to 3% body fat for that movie. I'm not sure if that's 3% in that photo, but I'd say that's lower than 8%.

http://www.sixpacknow.com/ryan_reynolds_workout.html
Old 03-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #699
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Lower than 4 percent is extremely dangerous.

Competitive body builders only maintain 3 percent for a few hours for shows. In fact, they even get dehydrated so they can get a "dry cut."

Very, very dangerous.
When I used to wrestle, we had to have parents sign waivers for anything under 6%.

My metabolism keeps me naturally well cut, and even then I never dipped below 6. Nor in the Marines when I was doing 46 pull ups. And not now at the end of cut cycles.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #700
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

This guy finished his cut at 7%