The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #551
JanaŽ
World's cutest Bronco Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master___Pain View Post
I saw Jana mention it, but if anyone that is trying to lose a significant amount of weight is looking for inspiration they should watch the biggest loser. It's an amazing show. Yes, the contestants get their butts kicked by their trainers but they also learn how to change their life through diet and exercise. Fast food and regular soda can not be in a person's diet that is trying to lose weight. A friend of mine kicked regular soda alone and lost 15 pounds in just over a month. He was a two to three soda a day guy.

Although I'm not extremely over weight I got a little chubby near the holidays and was about to break 200 pounds. Might not sound like much, but I'd never weighed that much. I've always been pretty active but I had slacked big time. My body fat was approaching 30% for a person that had always been in the teens and even single digits at times. Since the new year I've lost 14 pounds by exercising 5 times a week and cleaning up my diet. Everything from skiing, weight lifting, hiking, basketball and elliptical machine.

I'm down to 186 and have about 6 more to go to get where I want to be.
AMEN to that. The Biggest Loser is where I got most of my inspiration. Especially Jillian. She is one tough bad ass, but she gets the job done, and I've learned a lot by her exercise videos and her methods. Even though I know that the contestants on there work out for hours a day and get their asses kicked and are monitored 24/7, it's stil so inspirational to know that you can be absolutely huge, and get down to having a hot bod, or even to the right healthy weight for your height. I've lost 26 pounds so far, but I have a long way to go still.
JanaŽ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 PM   #552
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

WOOHOO! YOU GO JANA!
Hey, do we finally get to meet you at a game this year?
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:16 PM   #553
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Had my first bloodwork tests since losing my weight! NICE NUMBERS!
WOOHOO HOO
Old 04-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #554
JanaŽ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

You go girl!!!!

And as for the game, you just might! Maybe this time I will be more confident in myself and not be afraid to show myself!
Old 04-10-2008, 12:17 AM   #555
cbs1177
Ring of Famer

my plan to be super busy like last year and could eat anything and still loss weight. While it is crap my plan b/c of all the rain crumbler spring. plus no photos to justify the slowness.
cbs1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #556
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

The 20 Worst Foods in America
Posted Wed, Apr 02, 2008, 3:21 pm PDT
90% of users found this article helpful.
Post a Comment View All 310 Comments Restaurant food is bad for us. You may assume that anything you order at a drive-thru is less than sterling in a nutritional sense, but, in fact, the majority of what we eat at restaurants — even ones with helpful waiters and real tablecloths — is worse for us than we might ever imagine.
A study from the University of Arkansas that found the average diner in this country underestimates his or her caloric intake by up to 93 percent when eating out. Translation: Every time you eat at a restaurant, you're probably eating twice as much as you think.

The scariest part is that it isn't our fault. By expanding portion sizes, spiking our foods evermore with added sugars and dangerous fats, and slapping misleading labels on menus, the restaurant industry has made it nearly impossible for consumers to accurately gauge the caloric heft of, say, a plate of spaghetti and meatballs or a tropical fruit smoothie.
Some studies even show that nutritionists — the PhD-packing "experts" — can't get their calorie counts right. So how can you be expected to?

In researching our book "Eat This, Not That," and to help combat the problem and give people a better idea of how perilous a simple dinner out can be, we spent months reading nutritional info, analyzing food, inspecting menu boards, and, yes, even eating some of these industrial-strength calorie bombs to come up with a list of the restaurant industry's worst individual offenders. Our primary criterion? Sheer caloric impact. After all, it's the top cause of weight gain and the health problems that accompany it. We also factored in other key nutritional data, such as excessive carbohydrates and fat, added sugars, trans fats, and sodium.
The result is our first annual list of the worst foods in America.

Worst Drink
Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo'd Power Smoothie (30 fl oz)
900 calories
10 g fat
183 g carbs
166 g sugar

Jamba Juice calls it a smoothie; we call it a milk shake. In fact, this beverage contains more sugar than 2 pints of Ben and Jerry's Butter Pecan ice cream.

Worst Supermarket Meal
Pepperidge Farm Roasted Chicken Pot Pie (whole pie)
1,020 calories
64 g fat
86 g carbs

The label may say this pie serves 2, but who ever divided a small pot pie in half? Once you crack the crust, there will be no stopping.

Worst Mexican Entree
Chipotle Mexican Grilled Chicken Burrito
1,179 calories
47 g fat
125 g carbs
2,656 mg sodium

Despite a reputation for using healthy, fresh ingredients, Chipotle's menu is limited to football-size burritos, overstuffed tacos, and gigantic salads — all of which contribute to a humongous waistline.

Worst Kids' Meal
Macaroni Grill Double Macaroni 'n' Cheese
1,210 calories
62 g fat
3,450 mg sodium

It's like feeding your kid 1˝ boxes of Kraft mac 'n' cheese.

Worst Fish Entree
On the Border Dos XX Fish Tacos with Rice and Beans
2,100 calories
130 g fat
169 g carbs
4,750 mg sodium

Perhaps the most misleadingly named dish in America: A dozen crunchy tacos from Taco Bell will saddle you with fewer calories.

The Worst Food in America
Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing
2,900 calories
182 g fat
240 g carbs

It's the caloric equivalent of eating 14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, before your dinner arrives. Even if you split this "starter" with 3 friends, you'll have downed a meal's worth of calories.

For a complete list of the 20 Worst Foods in America, and details on how to disarm the restaurant industry's weapons of mass construction, check out these rankings and nutrition secrets.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #557
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Eat This, Not That 6 Health Foods That Aren't
Posted Mon, Mar 31, 2008, 10:01 am PDT
89% of users found this article helpful.
Post a Comment View All 451 Comments Healthy food may be making you fat.

Hold on: I'm not talking about broccoli and bell peppers here. I'm talking about a lot of the foods that are sold to us as "low-fat," "low-carb," or otherwise "healthy" fare. The food industry invests $30 billion a year in advertising, and much of that is used to dupe consumers into believing bogus bites are somehow good for us.

The truth is, behind every low-fat label and celebrated salad is a list of ingredients that would give even the most relentless glutton reason to reconsider.

In researching the best-selling book "Eat This, Not That!," the title for this new blog with my co-author Matt Goulding, we were shocked to find that the foods so many health-conscious eaters in this country consider to be smart choices are actually the most responsible for our ever-expanding waistlines.

Many of the "low-fat" or otherwise "healthy" options we examined packed several hundred extra calories in them! Translation: Get duped into eating one pseudo-healthy food a day, and you'll have an extra 30 pounds (or more) to work off by the end of the year.

We've identified six of the most misunderstood foods in America, so that next time you think you're doing your body a favor, you actually will be - by looking for something else that actually is healthy.

1. Bran Muffin
440 calories
23 grams of fat
35 g sugars

Made primarily with sugar, refined flour and hydrogenated oil, it's like starting your day with a candy bar. Actually, it's like starting your day with two candy bars, since this misunderstood muffin has more fat and calories than two Kit Kat bars.

2. Chicken Caesar Salad
900 calories
60 grams of fat

Caesar salads suffer the consequences of two natural disasters: a flood of fatty dressing and a blizzard of Parmesan cheese and croutons. All told, it's a caloric catastrophe - equal to scarfing down 20 Chicken McNuggets!

3. Tuna Melt
950 calories
55 grams of fat

Plain tuna out of the can is healthy; tuna drenched in mayo, shrouded in melted cheese, and slicked with another layer of dressing is not. You'd be better off eating three six-inch roast beef sandwiches from Subway!

4. Chicken Wrap
700 calories
35 grams of fat

How wraps got such a good rap is beyond us, since they're really just oversized tortillas, packing up to 400 calories on their own - that is, before the onslaught of cheese, meat, and dressing it houses! You'd get the same number of calories from 20 strips of bacon.

5. Turkey Burger
850 calories
50 grams of fat

At home a turkey burger might be a decent choice, but in the restaurant world it means high-fat ground turkey, heavy mayo, melted cheese, and a big, pillowy bun. It's the equivalent of three 8-oz sirloin steaks.

6. Fruit Smoothies
600 calories
120 grams of sugar

Unless it says 100 percent fruit, your "fruit" smoothie is likely made with ice cream, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and a few token chunks of banana. All told, this popular afternoon snack has as much sugar as six Haagen Dazs Vanilla and Almond ice cream bars. Ouch.

For even more 'healthy' foods that actually expand your waistline, check out these other surprising foods.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Old 04-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #558
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Back to the biking! Finally...although I only did 6 miles in about 50 minutes! But it was a little breezy on the way back...breezy and 47 degrees when my legs aren't used to it is a little slow moving! But it felt good!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:35 AM   #559
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

man I got a Bowflex treadclimber and that thing kicks my ass!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #560
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
The Worst Food in America

Outback Steakhouse Aussie Cheese Fries with Ranch Dressing
2,900 calories
182 g fat
240 g carbs

It's the caloric equivalent of eating 14 Krispy Kreme doughnuts, before your dinner arrives. Even if you split this "starter" with 3 friends, you'll have downed a meal's worth of calories.
I've eaten this before on my own......knew it was bad, but had no idea it was THAT bad. I prefer the chili cheese fries at Longhorn Steakhouse personally.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #561
missingswife
missingswife

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wow im glad i found this forum. I am doing Body for Life. My brother recently did it and lost 80 plus lbs doing it. Did u know that John Elway did this when he won the super bowl? I just saw it on a video.
They say if u eat 6 small meals a day and combine the proper way along with some exercise u will loose it. Im gonna give it a try. Got baby weight to loose! The exercise part is just 20 min of aerobic activity 3 days a week and 3 days u alternate between your upper and lower body. On the seventh day is a free day. No exercise unless u want and u eat what u want. Im giving it a try!!!
missingswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:51 PM   #562
missingswife
missingswife

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
man I got a Bowflex treadclimber and that thing kicks my ass!
I want one of those! Hard to justify spending that much! Did u get it from Bowflex or somewhere else?
Old 04-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #563
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Quote:
Worst Drink
Jamba Juice Chocolate Moo'd Power Smoothie (30 fl oz)
900 calories
10 g fat
183 g carbs
166 g sugar

Jamba Juice calls it a smoothie; we call it a milk shake. In fact, this beverage contains more sugar than 2 pints of Ben and Jerry's Butter Pecan ice cream.
LOVE these. Throw some strawberries in there....and its heaven.

That is a hell of a lot of sugar.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 PM   #564
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingswife View Post
I want one of those! Hard to justify spending that much! Did u get it from Bowflex or somewhere else?
Yeah, I got it from Bowflex along with the dumbells that go from 10-90 pounds, which are phenominal, and the bench.
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #565
missingswife
missingswife

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF Bronco View Post
Yeah, I got it from Bowflex along with the dumbells that go from 10-90 pounds, which are phenominal, and the bench.
Yeah i saw those weights too. I have just reg ones for now. Got a trip for SD this year so i think it will be put on the back burner for a bit. The sacrifices we make!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #566
JanaŽ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

Body For Life is a great workout from what I've heard. I'm using the Biggest Loser Fitness Program, and it works great too. There's some killer circuit training routines in there. They kick your ass but they work.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #567
missingswife
missingswife

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaŽ View Post
Body For Life is a great workout from what I've heard. I'm using the Biggest Loser Fitness Program, and it works great too. There's some killer circuit training routines in there. They kick your ass but they work.
Yeah it is a great program and it doesnt take alot of time either. U can do it in a gym or from home. I have lost 2lbs this week so far and i have cheated even. I started to walk on my lunch here but then today it rained so no such luck! I plan to jump on the tread mill and get my walk that way! How is everyone else doing? My goal is about 30lbs!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:12 PM   #568
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Yeah it is a great program and it doesnt take alot of time either. U can do it in a gym or from home. I have lost 2lbs this week so far and i have cheated even. I started to walk on my lunch here but then today it rained so no such luck! I plan to jump on the tread mill and get my walk that way! How is everyone else doing? My goal is about 30lbs!
I wanna bike...this weather sucks~
Old 04-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #569
missingswife
missingswife

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I wanna bike...this weather sucks~
I agree Sassy, this weather is the pits! Possible snow?! What in the world isnt it spring?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #570
JanaŽ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

Quote:
I'm doing great. I hit the treadmill about every day, except for when the maintenance crew are jerks and forget to unlock the fitness center over the weekend. I've lost 32 pounds so far.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:01 PM   #571
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Great Job, Jana!!! Way to go!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #572
missingswife
missingswife

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That is awesome Jana u give me hope!!!! I need to loose and i want to loose fast! I want to loose 20lbs by the time Missingnumber7 gets home!!! Are u doing a workout video if so were did u find it at?

Last edited by missingswife; 04-25-2008 at 11:32 AM..
Old 06-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #573
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Hey Sarah...I just bought these!
1 "The Biggest Loser Workout: Cardio Max"
Bob Harper (II); DVD; $8.99

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
1 "The Biggest Loser Workout: Power Sculpt"
Jillian Michaels; DVD; $8.99

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
Old 06-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #574
JanaŽ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed McCaffrey ;)

The Jillian Michaels video will kick your ass. She is a hard trainer but worth it! I've officially lost 47 pounds so far! I am on a roll.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:43 PM   #575
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Awesome job, Jana!