The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #501
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Blood sodium levels are usually between 135 - 147 mEq / L. If after a high sodium meal you restrict your fluid levels your body will natually "steal" h20 from surrounding cells (mainly muscle tissue). Even if you restrict h20 for the short term your body will go into a mild state of dehydration until you "give in" and replenish it's supply.

Unless I'm totally missing something (always possible) that one seems very counter productive.
this would screw with your liver and then your body will want to store fat . inslen (SP)
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:01 AM   #502
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Now if you really want to lose weight and don't mind dabbing in the grey area of life...well... here you go:

Cycle a stack of 100 mcg of Clenbuterol and 25 mcg of T3 (4-6 weeks of Clen followed by 3 weeks of t3)

15 mg of yohimbine (split over 3 times a day)

10 mg of novaldex per day (to lower estrogen levels and protect A2 androgenic receptor activity)

Add 50mg a week of oxandralone to maintain muscle mass

and finally the glue that makes the entire thing really work... 2IU per day of HGH.

follow the above and you will drop 50+ lbs in about 6-8 weeks... Keep it up for too long and the heart attack that insues will take the rest off.
Oddly enough, I'm up for this. Any suggestion on where I could collect these items?
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 AM   #503
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

I dropped 30-40 pounds a few years ago by two simple changes in my life. I bought an exercise machine (and started using it!), and cut out most of the junk food. It's so simple.

I use my bowflex for about a half hour, 3 times a week, and I can't tell you how much of a difference that makes. It's all about having and maintaining muscle...the more you have, the more calories you burn every day, no matter what.

And just be conscious of what you eat. If you have pizza one night...eat a lean cuisine the next night. Think of your calorie intake on a weekly basis, instead of daily, and allow yourself room to enjoy the kinds of food we all love, but in moderation.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #504
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I have a hard time not eating like royalty. That's the hardest obstacle I've come up against. I like prime rib, NY cuts, baked potatoes and corn with butter for dinner, pork chops with dressing and fried potatoes, fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy, fried catfish with fried potatoes and peas, butter on my muffin with three eggs over easy for breakfast. I still exercise the same way, but my belly barely moves. Salad? Ok, I can handle that, but it dang near kills me to do that without Marie's bleu cheese.

I figure for quality of life I'll have to walk more, lift more, do something, because it's really hurting me to not eat as well. I guess I'll have to find some more time for burning calories, because it's easier to find that than give up good food. It's really irritating to me to stop indulging. Summer is coming up so that means BBQ drumsticks, some teriyaki chicken, certainly baked potatoes, and what's a baked potato without butter? Jeez, I'm tired of diets. I'm gonna have to exercise more. I think that's the best bet. I'm gonna have to run hills again, because eating like a rabbit is really irritating me.
I dont think you have to worrie about trans fats were ever you live but here in the usa we do if you want to lose wieght it starts with

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_fat

and ends with no sugar or corn syrup in the first 5 igrediets
Old 02-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #505
16slayer24
Solid Starter

hey i lost 130 pounds in 1 day called it divorce
16slayer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #506
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16slayer24 View Post
hey i lost 130 pounds in 1 day called it divorce
That is funny.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:27 AM   #507
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
this would screw with your liver and then your body will want to store fat . inslen (SP)

That's only in the case of extreme dehydration... Something like this would have a VERY negligble effect on your insulin levels.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:33 AM   #508
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Speaking of losing weight, i need to drop some.

I can start by not hitting the hippie lettuce.

And starting exercising more and eat more veggies.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:56 AM   #509
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

to eat like I just typed in oh 20 words is darn hard you cannot eat regular peanut butter because it is full of sugar . all our food is full of sugar heck one brand of mustard geens has sugar listed second in it's ingredents then watter unless you read the lable you would think mustar greens would be good for you .

staples can get you in trouble look up a low ash diet table this will tell you what foods will Keep you full of energy and will not release all its sugars all at once . when you gain wieght it is the first onset of diabeites (SP) and your body is inflamed wieght gain.....

by eating like a person that is dibetic and walking the weight sould come off .

the Gi diet will also help because this way you do not spike your sugar level and her in america we are making our selfs into type 2 diabetics buy all the sugar highs we keep our selfs on .

http://www.the-gi-diet.org/images/top_banner.jpg

I have been trying to wane myself of sugar for a mounth I am there now I did not want to throw away good food but now the closet is cleared of all sugar food . and trans fats and trust me that is hard to do . but strangly I am how not crazing and I am now sure the weight will come off.

Last edited by ~Crash~; 02-18-2008 at 12:59 AM..
Old 02-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #510
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'm dumping lbs as well because since I started playing music I couldn't stand seeing pictures of myself and my 20 yr reunion is this summer so what the hell.

I've had good results with cardio in the morning for like 15 minutes before I eat breakfast. Then I eat a small 300 calorie breakfast and take a 30 minute walk.

Lunch I try to eat like 600 calories, something low in fat.

Around 3 p.m maybe small snack like a granola bar 150 calories

then 6 p.m like an 800 calorie dinner, usually chicken or fish.

Things to totally not eat.

1-soda
2-white bread (eat only wheat)
3-fried foods
4-red meat
5-candy
6-ice cream etc

then the killer try to cut down or avoid alcohol.

Then the part I hate, you have to lift weights 3 times a week. I don't do much but if you don't build muscle you will lose muscle when you diet and eventually hit a wall. Without adding muscle you won't get all the way to your goal of a low body fat % and a high metabolism.

I just use dumbbells and a curling bar, lunges and then crunches but the crunches ive been sort of avoiding until I get in better shape. They kill me right now I've gotten so soft I couldn't do the things I liked to like scuba dive, hike, fish etc. It's working out pretty good I dropped 20 pounds and took 2 inches off my waist already.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:47 AM   #511
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
That's only in the case of extreme dehydration... Something like this would have a VERY negligble effect on your insulin levels.

You say that and you are right about the 30 minets . but if a person does not drink watter and drinks sodas that will mess with your liver and cause you body to store fat at all cost . if your urin is dark plan on storing fat simple as that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2008, 02:01 AM   #512
chaz
highly touted recruit

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Bruton

wow, i won't even bother adding to this...there are some great posts here. Good luck to all who are trying to lose weight! I'm trying to lose that stubborn last 5-10 lbs...it's a b****.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:43 AM   #513
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
wow, i won't even bother adding to this...there are some great posts here. Good luck to all who are trying to lose weight! I'm trying to lose that stubborn last 5-10 lbs...it's a b****.
I wouldn't know anything about losing the last 5-10 lbs. I think I will be at that point around July. I think the key though when you get that close is super vigorous workouts. You will have to lift weights and hit the cardio 3 times as intense when you work out. I think if you try really hard and you don't lose it, then you may just be at your healthy weight. Id say at that point just keep being active and you will live a long time.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:46 AM   #514
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
I have dropped about 40 lbs since July. Granted, I have had Amoebic Dystenatery which accounted for the last 10 to 15 lbs, but still 25 to 30 lbs in as many weeks at age 37 isnt bad. And, I was putting on muscle at the same time which weighs more.

A couple of suggestions - things I use to succeed.

1. Dont weigh yourself constantly. You will make yourself mad. Set a goal to be healthy and not a certain weight. The only time I weigh in is at the doc's office.
I don't agree with this. Sucessful people weight themselves on a regular basis at the same time of day after the same amount of activity on a continuous basis.

Checking your weight on a regular basis only serves to help you keep track of where you are at. There is only 1 reason for a person not to do this. And that is because you are scared of the results because you aren't committed to the lifestyle change.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:38 AM   #515
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

I did the carb diet and it worked great. Lost about 50 lbs when I was true to it. Gained back about 15 after two years and much slacking...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #516
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
I don't agree with this. Sucessful people weight themselves on a regular basis at the same time of day after the same amount of activity on a continuous basis.

Checking your weight on a regular basis only serves to help you keep track of where you are at. There is only 1 reason for a person not to do this. And that is because you are scared of the results because you aren't committed to the lifestyle change.
Well, to each his own, I guess. I measure how I do at the gym on a daily basis. However, if I weighed in regularly and discovered that I was losing a ounces per day, it would be discouraging for me.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:48 PM   #517
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

People are individuals and what works for one person might not necessarily work for another...some may be encouraged by watching the scales inch slowly downward, while to others, slower progress (which usually results in longer-lasting weight loss) might be frustrating.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #518
DeuceOfClub
ô

SuperBowl

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Blessed with insane metabolism, gaining weight was never a problem for me. But there are certain easy ideas I know can really help:

Soft drinks: I can almost guarantee that if youíll stop drinking soft / carbonated drinks and stick to water only in 2-3 weeks youíll never want another soft drink. For 17 years now I drink nothing but water, and it taste so much better I actually get more thirsty when I drink any sugared drink now days.

Reduce sauces and other extras: less ketchup on the fries, less Soy sauce on the sushi, less BBQ sauce on the burger, less cheese on the pizza and so on. Stick to tasty-quality food and you wont need as much.

Coffee: if you drink many cup of coffees during the day reduce the amount of sugar in them, you will quickly enjoy it just as much.

Eating habits: get used to eat in regular times and places: and donít eat after 8-9pm.

Keep supply of fruits that you enjoy eating for the snack-carving that attacks all of us. Always better to eat an orange / apple than a bag of potato chips (IMO it also taste better)

Exercise: find something you enjoy! Personally I hate to exercise, but I do enjoy play Basketball, so I make sure I go to play twice a week.

Do something interesting: we eat less when we are not bored!

Good luck.
DeuceOfClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:34 PM   #519
BFDD
Team America **** YEAH!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Atwater

I've been commuting to work on my bike and I've lost 17lbs since December 13th. I ride Monday Wednesday and Friday. It's a 40 mile round trip.

I've got a blog about what I'm doing, if anyone is interested check it out at Muffintopbikers.com.

My girlfriend and I take pictures of our "muffin tops" every 13th of the month to gauge our progress. We are doing this because we would like to be thinner,healthier, and its a great way to be outside. Plus, we would like to look like sexy bi*ches for our Bahama trip in October.

I think the trick is to be consistent with whatever diet you chose, and if you follow the simple rule of Burning 3 calories to every 2 digested, you should lose a pound a week.
BFDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #520
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

My problem is I don't have time to go home on my break since my commute is now longer...

Just found this!

Why Your Workouts Don't Work

How to Change Your Workout to Get the Results You Want
By Elizabeth Quinn, About.com
Updated: January 25, 2008

About.com Health's Disease and Condition content is reviewed by Medical Review Board

Did you know the average health club exerciser quits after just six months for one of the following reasons:
Not Enough Time
Not Seeing Results
Sadly, most people become frustrated and quit exercising before they see any real results. But it's not surprising given the common mistakes many people make with their training programs. Are you making these workout mistakes?
Common Reasons Your Workouts Don't Work

All Quantity, No Quality

Take a look around the gym (if you haven't quit going yet) and see how many people are really getting a quality workout. I'm always amazed by how many people are wandering aimlessly, walking leisurely on a treadmill while reading a book, lifting weights so light that not one hair moves out of place, or simply look bored. A lot of exercisers head to the gym out of habit, and as if on automatic pilot, put in some time and head back to work or home. If you are one of these people, ask yourself, "What do I want to get out of this?" If you want serious results, you need to do serious exercise. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it and have fun. But it does means you need to focus on what you are doing and increase the quality of every movement. Once you start exercising with a real purpose and pushing both your aerobic capacity and your strength you will find your workouts take half the time and give better results.

Overestimating Your Exercise
Most exercisers are far too generous with estimates of exercise intensity and time, weight lifted and the frequency of their workouts. To avoid overestimating it's helpful to keep an exercise log and track these items. Additionally, many people mistakingly believe that if they exercise at a moderate pace for 30 minutes they have burned lots and lots of calories and fat. Unfortunately, it's not that simple. While exercise does burn calories over time and consistent exercise is one of the best ways to lose weight and keep it off, it's hard to lose body fat through exercise alone. Which brings us to the next mistake. . .

Underestimating Your Eating
Many people are in denial about the foods they eat and especially the quantity consumed. If you really want to lose weight you need to be honest with yourself about what you put into your mouth and how that helps or hinders your weight loss goals. To get real with yourself, write it down. Tracking what you eat in a food diary will help you break the cycle of food denial. (Besides, you are the only one who needs to know).

Doing the Wrong Type of Workout
Where did you learn your current exercise routine? Watching others at the gym (who are exercising incorrectly)? From your friends, coworkers, the web, tv, newspaper, the latest research findings, or perhaps your 5th grade gym teacher? What you are doing for exercise directly determines the results you will get. To learn what you should do, there is no better place to start then by writing down your goals and then working with a professional trainer to design the right workout to meet those goals. Haphazard exercise will provide haphazard results.

Never Changing Your Workout
When you do the same thing day after day, you get very good at it. In exercise this is called the principle of adaptation. It basically means that we become very efficient by doing the same exercise over and over. This is great for sports performance, but not that great for weight lose, strength increases or physical fitness progression. If you always do the same workout for the same amount of time you will eventually hit a plateau where you fail to see any additional change. One way of overcoming this plateau is to modify your workouts every few weeks or months. You can change the type of exercise you do, the length, the amount of weight lifted or the number or reps. This is why professional athletes change their program during the off-season.

Using Incorrect Form or Technique
Learning the right way to exercise is essential to getting results. Form does matter, especially when doing any strength training exercise. Incorrect form or technique also sets you up for potential injuries, pain and soreness. To learn proper technique, there is no better place to start than with a personal trainer or coach.

Setting Unrealistic Goals
So, what are your goals? Are they realistic for you? If your goal is to be the next Lance Armstrong, and you only have 30 minutes a day to train, or wanting to lose 25 pounds in a month, well, how realistic is that? Again, it comes back to being honest with yourself about your abilities, your level of commitment and your lifestyle. We need to set appropriate goals that start from where we are and progress at an attainable pass or we are sure to get frustrated and quit.

Measuring the Wrong Results

Many people think their workout isn't working because they don't measure the right things. Looking for proof in a scale is often a set-up for disappointment because some new exercisers build muscle and lose fat, but the scale doesn't provide information about body composition. Better ways to measure your fitness progress include tracking your heart rate at a given pace, measuring the distance you can cover in a certain amount of time, tracking the amount of weight you can lift, or even writing down how you feel -- physically -- at the end of each day. Many of the benefits from exercise are subtle and not visible by looking into the mirror, but things such as cholesterol level, blood pressure, and the ease with which you can do daily chores are every bit as motivating -- if you monitor them.

Last edited by Sassy; 02-18-2008 at 08:58 PM..
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:08 PM   #521
iforgotmypassword
Pro Bowler

a big thing is dont drink your calories... water water water, if u dont like water, find some really low calorie drink such as propel.....

i play college ball and it seems like i can drop or gain 15-20 whenever i want, all I do is drop calores, eat eggs, 6 eggs four of them just egg whites, its low calorie, fills ya up, and its mostly protien.

jus dont eat man
iforgotmypassword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #522
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Go to the weight loss thread in off-topics
Old 02-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #523
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Go to the weight loss thread in off-topics
Why not merge this thread to the other one and move the other thread in here and stiky it.... if nothing ealse untile it livens up ...
Old 02-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #524
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56crash View Post
Why not merge this thread to the other one and move the other thread in here and stiky it.... if nothing ealse untile it livens up ...
I have no such powers
Old 02-19-2008, 10:10 PM   #525
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
I have no such powers
Some magical magician does though!