The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > Maniac Community Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #476
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
I was wondering the same thing myself!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSKIE!!! View Post
I'm guessing here but I'd say it probably has something to do with water retention. Usually more common with females but eating salts and water retention go hand in hand to one degree or another. Again, just a guess at what he's talking about.

Blood sodium levels are usually between 135 - 147 mEq / L. If after a high sodium meal you restrict your fluid levels your body will natually "steal" h20 from surrounding cells (mainly muscle tissue). Even if you restrict h20 for the short term your body will go into a mild state of dehydration until you "give in" and replenish it's supply.

Unless I'm totally missing something (always possible) that one seems very counter productive.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:07 PM   #477
NW Bolt Fan
Ring of Famer

San Diego, AFC WEST CHAMPS

Everytime you get something to eat- divide it in two and put 1/2 away. Then ONLY eat what you had left... and wait. You won't be hungry in 20.

Amazing how easy it is to "over-eat". And equally amazing how little food the human body actually needs.
NW Bolt Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #478
yerner
Ring of Famer

A gallon of water a day. Sure you look weird carrying water everywhere you go but I guarantee this helps curb your appetite knowing you have to force yourself to drink that gallon everyday.. Then its just diet and some excersise. Freaking diet and exercise.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:12 PM   #479
TheDave
Sauced...

Now if you really want to lose weight and don't mind dabbing in the grey area of life...well... here you go:

Cycle a stack of 100 mcg of Clenbuterol and 25 mcg of T3 (4-6 weeks of Clen followed by 3 weeks of t3)

15 mg of yohimbine (split over 3 times a day)

10 mg of novaldex per day (to lower estrogen levels and protect A2 androgenic receptor activity)

Add 50mg a week of oxandralone to maintain muscle mass

and finally the glue that makes the entire thing really work... 2IU per day of HGH.

follow the above and you will drop 50+ lbs in about 6-8 weeks... Keep it up for too long and the heart attack that insues will take the rest off.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:13 PM   #480
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Dont eat when its late. Avoid heavy fluid consumption for 30 minutes after ingesting salts.
So don't eat salt after 2200 and avoid water til the morning? I'd have a hard time doing that, since I fall down in the snow walking the dogs on salted roads just about every night and get thirsty after doing so. Maybe I'm too negative. Winter is almost over.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #481
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Updates everybody!!!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #482
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

I put on about 5 since I started a new job.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #483
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Same here...(between 4-6 gained) after losing 24. New job and the holidays killed me.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:10 PM   #484
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
A gallon of water a day. Sure you look weird carrying water everywhere you go but I guarantee this helps curb your appetite knowing you have to force yourself to drink that gallon everyday.. Then its just diet and some excersise. Freaking diet and exercise.
What you need is an empty mini-keg refilled with water then you at least look like a bad ass
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #485
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The thing you never realize is how many calories we take in during the day when it comes time to try and exercise. If you're eating everything you want and working out... you're not even touching the calories with exercise. An entire workout can burn only a slice or two of pizza... and I, being a food lover, can sit down with a pizza and knock it out with no problem. Once I really started to look at things, I just realized I couldn't do the 50 wings at Hooters anymore... there's not enough time in the day to work that off.

Being the food lover that I am but still having to meet weight requirements in the Army, I generally time and my weight fluctuates by about 30 lbs ever couple months. In doing so, I take drastic measures to take it back off when the time comes in relation to my diet but when it all comes down to it, it's all about calories in vs calories out as they said. If you have the time and can manage it, burning more calories in a single workout than you take in during the whole day will help your cause but it takes a lot of discipline. Over the years I've grown just fine with eating just one meal a day so that's what I do... I find that I want to stuff myself everytime I start eating so it's a lot easier to manage not overeating once than it is to manage it 5 times a day.

When it does come down to exercise, I've never seen an exercise work as well as sprints. When you sprint you push your body to the limits on exertion but when you do just pure cardio you don't really appreciate how little you're actually pushing your body. If you're in decent shape but just have some flab, the ultimate exercise is a 20 minuteish jog with a 15 second sprint every 30 or 45ish seconds. It'll wear you out, is an incredible workout and you'll notice the effects quickly. That exercise actually has a name but I don't recall it, I believe it was a japanese name.

Just push your body and realize that if you just sit at a desk all day and aren't very mobile.. you don't need 3 square meals a day. Sure it's fun to eat but you can learn to manage that once you're down at your target weight. Your body will survive just fine on a very minimal diet, how you manage that is a matter of self assessment.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #486
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

I have dropped about 40 lbs since July. Granted, I have had Amoebic Dystenatery which accounted for the last 10 to 15 lbs, but still 25 to 30 lbs in as many weeks at age 37 isnt bad. And, I was putting on muscle at the same time which weighs more.

A couple of suggestions - things I use to succeed.

1. Dont weigh yourself constantly. You will make yourself mad. Set a goal to be healthy and not a certain weight. The only time I weigh in is at the doc's office.

2. Water, water, water. Its a filter for your system, it makes your breathe smell better, it makes your organs function better, etc, etc, etc. I live in a high dry clime, so I drink between 3 and 5 quarts a day, depending on what the work out is.

3. I have a great book, Releasing Fat by Dr Ray Strand. In a nutshell, he is a diabetic doc and he recommends a diabetics like diet for most of the population. High processed, hi carb, fast food is your enemy. Check it out. Its not just how many calories you eat, its the quality of the calories you eat. Along this line, a diet isnt something you do for a while til you get results - its a long term, lifestyle change akin to stopping smoking.

4. Crossfit.com. I love this site. Its all free. Tons of info. A killer workout awaits you, my friend. 3 days on, 1 day off. If you arent very fit now, work up to it. Lots of old school stuff combined with cardio and mostly done for time. Compete against yourself and monitor your improvement. I also try to find time to get walking in most days. In my case, I am fortunate enough to live about 1 and 1/4 mile from the office, so I hoof it most days.

I am a junk food junkie, so I struggle. However, for the last 6 months, I have been on the ball. I give myself treats on the weekends... sodas, ice cream, and liquor. Just make sure not to overtreat and ruin the weeks hard work.

Good luck.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #487
titan
Ring of Famer

Fan of Old School Football

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I have been 25-35 pounds over where I want to be for the last 6 years. I exercised alot, tried to watch what I ate, but found I would soon put the weight back on after I lost a few pounds.

Then I tried slim-for-life, a weightloss clinic in the denver area. Lost 35 pounds in 3 months, and I have kept the weight off since September. Slim-for-life has a very structured program - if you do what they say you will lose weight. I have a sister in law who lost 60 lbs on the program, and another sister in law who has lost 70 lbs.

I found even though I was doing many of the right things on my own (exercise, drinking lots of water) my food intake was off. I was eating too many carbs and not enough protein. Slim for life taught me how to eat better.
titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #488
Natedogg
1st Amendment Protection

You givin' me a ride home Russell??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Travis Henry

Great thread.

Just read through all 18! You guys fire me up. I'm 6'1" and weigh about 190-200 (i dont have a scale) want to get down to 180.

I've been doing my best to eat right. During the week, I eat a 6 inch healthy subway sub for lunch. I try and have small portions for dinner.

I walk 3-4 miles to/from work, school every day. Just got "the perfect pushup" which rules, and do that about every other day. I can't believe it but I actually started jogging --2 miles in 30 min, or so.

Im not really the gym type. I think I already know what my achelies heal is, i like to go out and drink 2-3 nights a week. Worse, the owner of one of the bars i go to is a wonderful chen and is always giving me free good food (unsolicited.)

Also I snack alot on chips and salsa (which looks healthy by reading the label) and generally try and eat smaller portions.

I'll try and keep giving you guys updates (for my benefit )

Good Work! I hope I can pick up on some of your success!

Last edited by Natedogg; 02-17-2008 at 09:38 PM..
Natedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:44 PM   #489
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

For one week add up all the calories for what you eat. Figure out your daily intake and establish a baseline. Subtract from that baseline and add cardio workouts that elevate your heart rate. Might have to do a little more than walk, try hiking, or walking back and forth in a pool. Pretty soon the pants start fitting loose and it gets easier and easier.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #490
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I have a hard time not eating like royalty. That's the hardest obstacle I've come up against. I like prime rib, NY cuts, baked potatoes and corn with butter for dinner, pork chops with dressing and fried potatoes, fried chicken and mashed potatoes with gravy, fried catfish with fried potatoes and peas, butter on my muffin with three eggs over easy for breakfast. I still exercise the same way, but my belly barely moves. Salad? Ok, I can handle that, but it dang near kills me to do that without Marie's bleu cheese.

I figure for quality of life I'll have to walk more, lift more, do something, because it's really hurting me to not eat as well. I guess I'll have to find some more time for burning calories, because it's easier to find that than give up good food. It's really irritating to me to stop indulging. Summer is coming up so that means BBQ drumsticks, some teriyaki chicken, certainly baked potatoes, and what's a baked potato without butter? Jeez, I'm tired of diets. I'm gonna have to exercise more. I think that's the best bet. I'm gonna have to run hills again, because eating like a rabbit is really irritating me.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #491
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

There is no substitute for hard work fellas .... Manual labor
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #492
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
There is no substitute for hard work fellas .... Manual labor

That chemical concoction i gave you in #35 kicks manual labors ass...
Old 02-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #493
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
I've put on about 50 pounds over a two year period and I feel like crap. I'm 5'9" tall, and weigh about 205. I always feel like I have no energy since I put on this weight. It's like a vicious cycle.

I'm trying to drop some pounds and get back to my normal weight of 150-155.

Some things to consider: I'm not a gym kind of dude. I do enjoy walking, though.

So what is the best way to lose some weight considering I'm trying to find the easiest way of doing it. Any suggestions?
start living like you were 50 pounds lighter the weight will come off . and drink an extra glass of watter at night and when you wake up . cut out foods with sugar and corn syurp in the first 5 ingerdents and last but not least stay away from hydrogenated fats all of them .

good oils are

Canola

olive oil
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:39 PM   #494
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Same here...(between 4-6 gained) after losing 24. New job and the holidays killed me.
I felt like I had good habits at my old job. My job is right by some incredible places to eat.

Plus the new job is boring. Hoping that will change. But right now I have found that I get "hungry" when it is slow.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #495
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Swimming is a great way to exercise and it is easy on the joints. I swim on my lunch break, it is a good workout and it doesn't even seem that tough.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:49 PM   #496
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I hate the word diet so just consider it watching what you eat and even more importantly how much you eat at one sitting. I lost 50 lbs 5 years ago by reducing the amount I ate at one sitting, watching the foods I eat during the week (the weekend is my reward), walking and weights. The final two you can do in your home. I joined a gym but found a lot of what I was doing there I could do at home.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #497
Grover
Rookie

Montrose gave you some really good tips above. I hope you read for comprehension on that post. They other guy who said "eat less move more" is right on track as well. What it takes is a change in lifestyle. That change does NOT need to be hard, challenging or difficult. You just need to take small steps and once you change your mindset, the pound will come off.

I'd recommend getting the South Beach Diet book. I found from personal experience that you don't even need to follow the diet. The first half of the book is about retraining and reeducating you on what foods make you fat and what foods in what quantities/proportions you can eat to be healthy. There are a lot of personal accounts as well that are very motivating.

Drink plenty of water. More than you think you want or need. Drinking water helps speed your metabolism and keeps you full as well.

Find and exercise you enjoy doing. Walking is terrific if you like that. Doing simple things like walking at lunch at work, parking in the furthest away spot and walking to the store. Just do whatever you need to do to keep yourself moving.

I've been up and down in weight since I was ten years old and that's pushing 40 years now. Most recently, two years ago I weighed 212 and now I'm 187. I'm good at 187 but ten more pounds off would be GREAT. Good luck and remember that small positive steps are progress. Don't get discouraged.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #498
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
That chemical concoction i gave you in #35 kicks manual labors ass...
dont be passing off your hippie potions on me
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:18 PM   #499
Bronco Billy
Ring of Famer

Grover was right with the water. Also, eat breakfast. Eating something small in the morning starts your metabolism. I know that I'm he last guy to tell someone how to lose weight, but I did drop 69 lbs. in 4 months once. The first two weeks are the toughest.
Bronco Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #500
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Find some alternate sources for protein that are low in calories and sugars. I personally like the Special K mixes (Iced Tea). 5g of sugar and only 30 calories. Drink one of those before a meal and you'll find yourself eating much less at lunchtime/dinnertime.
Ice Tea is my drink of choice now. If I don't make my own I buy Lipton's bottled unsweetened tea and add splenda.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote