The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2007, 02:17 AM   #2326
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Rockies win, 6-2.

Game announcers said the Dudgers locker room was in a tizzy, pointing fingers and being just all pi$$ed off. I love it. So many years the Rockies had been treated like the red headed stepchild by the Dudgers and the Pads and, to some extent the Snakes, and it is great to see the wheel turn around.

I hope the Dudgers continue to fall apart.
Don't count on it, the Dodgers will be back

And I'm all for the Rockies knocking the Pads out of the playoff race so Go Rockies
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:23 AM   #2327
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog24 View Post
Don't count on it, the Dodgers will be back

And I'm all for the Rockies knocking the Pads out of the playoff race so Go Rockies
Yeah, It's a good season when the Giants are in last place.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:28 AM   #2328
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
....Competing for a wildcard berth doesn't exactly turn the wheels around Paladin...get some playoff success first.

Playoffs! You talking about the Playoffs! Don't talk to me about the Playoffs!

I am just enjoying the Rockies showing a good deal of spunk here in the latter part of the season. Hey! There were at least 10 or so winnable games they blew, and they are still in contention for second place in the Division. That sounds pretty good to me. They have a chance to win more games his season than they have ever won in a season before. That is improvement from last year.

Give the Rockies some credit, here, dude. It won't hurt you......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 02:36 AM   #2329
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

And always remember the 4 straight games Fuentes blew back in June. Should've won all 4 there, had leads going into the bottom of the 9nth or 10th and lost.
A win tomorrow puts the Rockies 1 1/2 games back. Phillies might be a problem though as they are only 1/2 game back :\
No one has an "easy" schedule left IMO. Maybe the Pads have the easiest, but they have all road games. Phillies will have a tough series with Atlanta, facing Hudson and Smoltz in that series. Hopefully they lose those 2 games, and the Nats win a game in the series to end the season.
Still, it looks like the Rockies need to win out. Its going to be a tough task to do, but the way they are playing, they can do it!
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:12 AM   #2330
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
Yeah, It's a good season when the Giants are in last place.
Amen
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #2331
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Okay, Rockies need the METS to start losing now too...

phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #2332
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpad007 View Post
Okay, excellent...time to start the next 7-game winning streak. 2.5 games out of the Wildcard...someone beat the Phillies fer chrissakes!!

Here is something we agree on. Mets tank and Phils win the East. Rox get the wildcard. If that happens, I believe the Phils would host the Rox in the first round of the playoffs. Interesting!

The Braves series dows concern me a bit. Having to face Hudson and Smoltz will be tough. The way we are playing though, The Phillies will be the tough task for Smoltz and Hudson.

Go Phillies, Go Rox
Old 09-23-2007, 07:04 PM   #2333
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

What a bitter-sweet afternoon.

I keep wanting not to get my hopes up for this season. But let's face it - we're playing with the house's money, at this point.

Two sweeps in a row, against teams playing for their playoff lives! Completely insane!
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #2334
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I can't believe these guys. Outstanding play by the Rockies. At the very least, they just might screw the Padres out of a playoff spot.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #2335
BMF Bronco
Offseason sucks...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ME

8 in a row baby!!!
BMF Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #2336
TheChamp24

The Legend

AWESOME! Go Rockies!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #2337
Paladin
Ring of Famer

The Rockies have knocked the Dudgers out of the playoffs, and have not seriously dented the Pads' run. Is there a connection between the Rockies' sweeps of Western Division teams and the teams' locker room meltdowns?

I sincerely hope the Rockies are able to take at least two of the three from the Dudgers and set up a great series with the Snakes. If the phils lose and the pads lose, the Rockies could get in. The important thing is that the Rockies need to take care of their own business.

This reminds me of the incredible run of the Avs last year, but I hope this run by the Rockies has a more successful outcome......

Great Show!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:53 PM   #2338
OrangeShadow
armed

and dangerous

magic number@5 for the sox
OrangeShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:06 PM   #2339
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeShadow View Post
magic number@5 for the sox
Should be at four, cannot lose to the disaster in Florida. Only good thing is they are in the playoffs. But I want that Best record do they decide on how they want to play the series
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:22 PM   #2340
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

How bout Milton Bradley? I can't think of anyone more deserving to suffer that freak injury (maybe Sheffield or Bonds). Bradley is a bad dude and Karma is definately a b!tch.

I was thinking how much I want the Phillies to make the playoffs. I'd like to see the Rox as well because my fellow Bronco fans cheer for them, but, if you think about it, we are already in the playoffs. This last week (the past 2 or 3 also) is playoff baseball. It's actually more pressure filled then playoff baseball. In the playoffs, you can lose 3 games and still be alive. If the Phils and/or Rox lose 3, we are done.

Best of luck with the remaining 6 games Rox fans. May the best team win the wildcard (as long as it isnt the Madres).
Old 09-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #2341
TheChamp24

The Legend

Well, I don't like how his injury happened because it was the umpires fault(assuming what I hear is true) talking up a storm to him. Well, maybe boths fault, but damn.
I think that ump should get suspended. Bradley, damn, his season is finished and probably won't be back til possibly June of next year.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #2342
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Well, I don't like how his injury happened because it was the umpires fault(assuming what I hear is true) talking up a storm to him. Well, maybe boths fault, but damn.
I think that ump should get suspended. Bradley, damn, his season is finished and probably won't be back til possibly June of next year.

He deserves it.

As far as the Ump goes...... Umpires have been doing that since the advent of Baseball. Does it make it right? Who knows. It's part of the game. I know, I know, Umps are not a part of the "game", but, in reality, they are. I've seen Umps call manager's and players "a$$holes", "Jerk0ffs", "Mother effers", and so on at least 100 times in my baseball life. Happens all the time.
The difference here is that players like Bradley, in all leagues, are too much of mental midgets to deal with it for what it is..... an on field situation.
The mental midgets think that some old white dude is "punking" him somehow. They are too retarded to know the difference.
If Bradley didn't go down the firstbase line looking to get into an arguement with the firstbase ump, none of this would have happened.
The home Ump told him that the firstbase ump said that bradley threw his bat at him the last at bat. Bradley goes down to first with one intention. He chirps to find out if he said that. What was Bradley gonna do if the ump said yes? That's what I want to know.

Players like Bradley need to realize that they hurt their team when they let their "tough guy" do the talking. Actually, players like Bradley don't beleive in the team concept. That's why they get booted by team after team.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #2343
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
He deserves it.

As far as the Ump goes...... Umpires have been doing that since the advent of Baseball. Does it make it right? Who knows. It's part of the game. I know, I know, Umps are not a part of the "game", but, in reality, they are. I've seen Umps call manager's and players "a$$holes", "Jerk0ffs", "Mother effers", and so on at least 100 times in my baseball life. Happens all the time.
The difference here is that players like Bradley, in all leagues, are too much of mental midgets to deal with it for what it is..... an on field situation.
The mental midgets think that some old white dude is "punking" him somehow. They are too retarded to know the difference.
If Bradley didn't go down the firstbase line looking to get into an arguement with the firstbase ump, none of this would have happened.
The home Ump told him that the firstbase ump said that bradley threw his bat at him the last at bat. Bradley goes down to first with one intention. He chirps to find out if he said that. What was Bradley gonna do if the ump said yes? That's what I want to know.

Players like Bradley need to realize that they hurt their team when they let their "tough guy" do the talking. Actually, players like Bradley don't beleive in the team concept. That's why they get booted by team after team.
I'm sorry, but nobody really deserves an injury on something like that. NOBODY.
Heck, I'd hate to see Shawne Merriman tear his ACL because a ref called him names and Charger coaches, in restraining him, tore his ACL.
Thats totally BS that you would say he deserves it IMO.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #2344
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
I'm sorry, but nobody really deserves an injury on something like that. NOBODY.
Heck, I'd hate to see Shawne Merriman tear his ACL because a ref called him names and Charger coaches, in restraining him, tore his ACL.
Thats totally BS that you would say he deserves it IMO.
That's okay if that is your opinion but forgive me if I don't feel sorry for total jackoffs when Karma bites them on the arse.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #2345
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Sad part is, the game is known for that stupid incident rather than the fantastic Rockies win, and their winning streak. Strange sometimes what the media will pick up as "the story". But the media have their darlings and the pads are it for now. Hope they lose to San Fran tonight....
Old 09-24-2007, 10:36 PM   #2346
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Sad part is, the game is known for that stupid incident rather than the fantastic Rockies win, and their winning streak. Strange sometimes what the media will pick up as "the story". But the media have their darlings and the pads are it for now. Hope they lose to San Fran tonight....
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #2347
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Rockies win again tonight?
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #2348
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Not playing tonight, Sassy. LA tomorrow night.....
Old 09-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #2349
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Rockies win again tonight?
Rockies and Phillies are off tonight. The Playoffs start tomorrow night for both teams!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:45 PM   #2350
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

If Sandy Eggo losses tonight, The Phillies (and your boy Chris Coste) move into a tie with SD for the Wildcard lead and the Rox move to 1 game back.